Old 08-18-2009, 06:00 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat- Tuesday 8-18

Just starting us off for the day.

Got up at 5 am (the first night I actually was sleeping good in days) because DH was having a dream he was running and kicked me. He kicked me right on my sacrum which is where I have a lot of degeneration. Ouch! I waited until he fell back to sleep and punched him. When he hollered I said "Oh, sorry... I was dreaming!"

DD sat in the office at school all day yesterday because no one was there that could make her schedule. She didn't call me to come get her because she sat with my sister and played games on the computer all day in the clinic. lol DD starts today on the football team, she is going to be a football manager. This is funny because she is all of 60 lbs and all the players drawf her, yet she will have to find a way to manage lugging the water down to the field when the cooler is as big as her.

Hope ya'll have a great day.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Got up at five thirty and got ready for work am now sitting here posting, I measured my waist and bust and lost another inch off of each. I am so happy. I told darling boy friend that we will have to get the wedding dress taken in. or order another one just like it in a much much smaller size. I am a bit sore this morning as I worked out for the first time yesterday for fifteen mins and then did my thirty min walk. Have a good day all and in advance good job on your goals and mini goals and loss.
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Morning all! Just checking in for the day. Hi to everyone and hope everyone has a geat day! I did my Turbo Jam for the second day yesterday and I am feeling pretty good!

Feeling motivated!!

Enjoy the day!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

lol that's a cute visual of your daughter as football manager!

And oooo Tracy good work on the wedding dress!

It was because of 3FC that I actually did my workout last night. I was playing around on the internet last night completely forgetting to do it. I stopped by here to read and it occurred to me that it was stupid to be hanging out here while I could be busting my bleeeeeep! So today I'm a little sore, in a very good way
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I am up and ready for a morning run. I am waiting for some light though. Today is going to be a great day. I can feel it. Well, I am going to make it a great day.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Beth - a 60lb football manager is quite the funny mental picture, I have to agree! Good for her!

Tracy - that's awesome! Nothing like having to do alterations on a wedding dress, congrats!

Poppy & Uniquely - hope you guys have a fantastic day!

Riley - enjoy your run!

As for me, I've got a bloody cold...SO ! I'm going to visit my family this weekend and I have 4 young nieces 4, 3, 3 and 4 months...I CAN'T be sick!!! I'm ...I'm trying to kick this cold in the butt asap cause we leave on Thursday morning!

Hope everyone's having a fantastic day!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 211/181/140

Height: 5'2"

Wifey - AirBourne helps wonders!! I swear by that stuff to help keep colds at bay and recover faster.
UniquelyNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #8  

Thanks Uniqely! Not sure it's available in Canada though...

Right now I'm using pure echinacea and Advil Cold & Sinus! It usually works for me
Old 08-18-2009, 11:01 AM   #9  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 255/211/160

Morning everyone!

I saw a very nice number on the scale this morning -- I love those weeks when you're really looking forward to weigh in day

I planned on shredding this morning but accidentally turned my alarm off rather than snoozing it so I woke up about 40 minutes later than I had planned. Since I then had to choose between shredding and walking with the dogs, since I no longer had time to do both, and since my knee was a little tweaky from volleyball yesterday, I decided to walk with the pups. It was a lovely morning -- not as ghastly hot as it has been. I'm planning on my walk at lunchtime, too.

Breakfast and lunch are planned and packed. I have a riding lesson this afternoon right when we usually eat dinner so I'm going to have the hubby go ahead and cook whats on the schedule and I'll eat when I get home around 8. I'm planning on pounding an apple and a F1 bar before I ride.

Have a WONDERFUL day, everyone!
Rebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #10  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone

I'm a grumpy bug today - so just trying to use all my smiles for the kids and keep my grouchies to myself. Called and left a message for the doc - maybe I can at least get some pain pills for my back til I can be seen.

Hugs for everyone - - looks like you are all doing great!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:05 PM   #11  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Thumbs up

Hey there chickiboos!

Sorry I missed posting yesterday, but I went out on a date with DW to see Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince. (Finally!) I did indulge in a little popcorn shared with the DW, but we didn't consume it all - this is a first!! After we got home from that, we crashed - not nearly enough sleep while camping. We had beautiful weather all weekend and managed to get in about 7km/4.25miles of hiking (over the two days) through some pretty rough terrain. Of course, this must have stimulated my crazy gene because now I'm planning a (single) 11km hike this coming weekend. I don't know what I'm thinking....

So, I had my first official weigh in yesterday, registering a full 3.5 lb drop from my start weight the previous week. I guess this means I must be doing something right, doesn't it? Anyway, hopefully this continues as I continue to monitor my calorie intake and watch what I am eating.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day. I'd better go help DW with dinner!
all around, especially for the grumpy bears out there.

Lawrence
Rooster.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Rooster - Congrats on the loss and I am looking forward to hearing how your hike went. I love hiking and it works all kinds of muscles.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:24 AM   #13  

Hey all!

Tonight is my last night to be a part of this group. I hit the BIG 4-0 tomorrow! It's been great sharing with all of you and I'm sure I'll pop in from time to time.

SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:11 AM   #14  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

lets see...
today....
I woke up.
let the dog out,
fed the dog, fed the baby, fed me.
went to the gym for 1.5 hrs.
went to DMV. (YAY!! I got my new bike titled & registered)
went to the grocery store.
came home.
fed the baby, fed me
then cooked dinner with my roommate.
cleaned up.
took a shower with the baby.
had a friend stop by.
fed the baby again.
put the baby to bed.
surfed the internet
....exciting, huh!?

o, and I still need to do laundry & do my homework that is due tomorrow
MsDiana 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineCA View Post
Hey all!

Tonight is my last night to be a part of this group. I hit the BIG 4-0 tomorrow! It's been great sharing with all of you and I'm sure I'll pop in from time to time.

Enjoy!