Old 08-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default I had the most awesome lunch evar! Plus my experience with Shirataki Noodles.

I made my own low cal version of Chicken & Vegetable Alfredo.
I went to Whole Foods and got some shirataki tofu noodles to try, I have heard mixed results from them and I wanted my own opinion. I live an hour away so I went ahead and picked up 2 pkgs of spaghetti noodles and 2 pkgs of fettuccine noodles, just in case I like them.

Here's my recipe:

8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
170 g (2 cups) Frozen Crinkle cut carrots
170 g frozen broccoli florets in bite sized pieces
170 g fresh yellow summer squash sliced
100 g fresh (3/4 cup) green peppers sliced
15 g (1 tbsp) minced garlic
1 cup fat free milk
2 wedges garlic & herb light Laughing Cow Cheese
15 g (4 T) parmesan cheese
1 tsp Butter Buds
Italian spices (mine are already mixed in a container)
Salt
Pepper
Water

1. In a non stick skillet sprayed with Canola Pam, place the cubed chicken in the skillet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and italian spices. Saute the chicken till the chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
Rinse skillet out and wipe with paper towel.

2. Spray skillet with pam and add the carrots, squash and green pepper and saute for a couple of minutes, add about 1/4 cup of water and steam till the water evaporates. Then add the broccoli and stir all the veggies together. Sprinkle the veggies with butter buds, salt, pepper and italian spices. Add a bit more water to steam the broccoli until the water evaporates and then remove the veggies and set aside. Rinse out the skillet and wipe with a paper towel.

3. Spray Skillet with pam, add the cup of milk and the garlic and bring to a simmer. Then add the laughing cow cheese and the parmesan cheese. Take a flat spatula and smash the lumps out of the cheese until the sauce is smooth. After the sauce becomes smooth add all the veggies and the chicken back into the skillet. Toss everything together.

Total Calories for the whole recipe is only 645 calories.

I ate half of it. But I tossed mine with shirataki noodles. I ate the whole bag of noodles which is 40 calories. My whole lunch was 362.5 calories. It was a lot of food! I'll probably only eat 1/4 of the chicken & veggies next time.

The shirataki noodles.... Best as I can describe, the texture is similar to those lean cuisine pasta meals. You know how the noodles are kinda tough and slightly rubbery? I smelled the funky smell when I opened the bag and prayed that the noodles wouldn't taste like that after I boiled them. And they didn't, It made me happy! I prepared them just like the bag says to prepare them.

I'll definitely have this meal again and I look forward to having the shirataki noodles with a different sauce next time.

hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #2  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Cool - I have some of those noodles in the fridge and I haven't gotten around to trying them yet. Thanks for the inspiration!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

i have some laughing cow cheese in the fridge that needs to be used up, that sauce sounds awesome thanks girl!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 08-17-2009 at 10:52 PM.
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:23 AM   #4  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Ew, shirataki noodles just gross me out. They smell bad, taste bad and the texture is mushy and tough at the same time. I just don't see how people can eat those.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote