Old 08-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Default I need to keep some perspective....

Ok I just finished the first 4 weeks of having my GoWearFit. On Friday I was so happy with how things had been going. I was down 5.8 lbs! (My plan was 1 lb per week so that is great!)

Saturday night by dh was out of town for a job and I really need to get out of the house so I met some girlfriends downtown for a bit of food, drink and dancing.

I felt like I was so good. I ordered food I could track (crab cakes and flatbread with hummus) we all shared it. I only had 1 martini then switched to water.

The end count for the day was
I burned 2360 and consumed 2196 so I had a deficit of 164. Not a great deficit for weight loss but I should maintain. I didn't eat more than I consumed but the next morning I was up 1.2 lbs!

So I thought, that's fine its just water...its fine.

Then yesterday I went to a volleyball party at a friends house. We literally played volleyball from 3pm until it was to dark to see the ball with short breaks for water and 30 for dinner.

I tracked everything again.

I burned 3329, I consumed 2696 with a deficit of 624. Within that I did have 2 glasses of a rum punch and 1 bottle of corona light.

Today I am up another lb. So I am up 2.2 lbs from friday! I am trying really hard not to think of it as real weight...but I am so frustrated and I kind of want to cry.

Candice
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/199/180

Height: 5'8"

It's not real fat/muscle weight. As you mention, there can be huge fluctuations in body weight depending on a lot of factors, including how much sodium or alcohol you consume (eating both things usually makes my body retain water), how dehydrated you are (surprisingly, more water I drink less my body seems to retain), how much you exercised the day before (muscles retain more water to help it recover), etc.

I think weight loss and gain trends should be looked at on weekly if not monthly basis (although I also find doing daily tracking to be helpful) and any big changes to the program should be done on this kind of a time frame.

Keep your sodium and alcohol consumption to a minimum over the next couple of days and drink a ton of water. I bet your weight will go back down quickly.
KDuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #3  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

Alcohol can make you retain water. Push the fluids for a few days and see if that helps. Also if you have been eating more high sodium foods that usual (foods at restaurants usually have much higher sodium levels than you would use at home).
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #4  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Booze and sodium makes one retain water. You might want to lay off the partying for a week or two to get some momentum going so you don't get freaked out.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

It's the booze--every time I drink this happens, it's pretty frustrating, esp. when I only have one or two drinks.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #6  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris81 View Post
It's the booze--every time I drink this happens, it's pretty frustrating, esp. when I only have one or two drinks.
The only way I can drink and NOT have this happen is if I spend at LEAST a solid hour on the dance floor and sweat it out of my system.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:13 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7

I second what everyone else says and also why not wait till this Friday before you really start to freak out I weigh myself daily and I sometimes weigh 10lbs more. I have had this happen a few times and i freak out but remind myself my offical weigh in is not until Friday morning and thats all I really care about.
eilla05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the advice. I'm drinking as much as I can.....today I was down a bit....we shall see.

This is a very interesting experiment though...
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by crcossel View Post

This is a very interesting experiment though...
I totally agree, it is so interesting to see how everything affects your weight differently.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote