Weight Loss Support - Small Victories

View Full Version : Small Victories

MissBliss
08-17-2009, 10:20 AM
I started my new lifestyle adventure on June 1st. I stopped eating sugar and refined carbs and I threw out my scale. I am walking at the track at the local university and climbing the stairs at the stadium. I have had some frustrations along the way, but for the most part this plan is really working for me. Lately I have been regretting the loss of my scale, but I know myself well enough that if I plateau, I will start emotional eating, and that is just bad in so many ways!

This past weekend we went to a local lighthouse festival. Lighthouses are my passion! I had the opportunity to climb to the top of the lighthouse and even though I was fearful that I wouldn't be able to do it, I climbed to the top and it was EASY! Taking those steps at the stadium every day paid off in an unexpected way! I was so pleased!

And then this morning, when searching for a shirt to wear to work, I decided to try a shirt that had been tight across my stomach and it is loose! Almost too big! Woo Hoo!!!

So, I will contine to stay away from my scale and take these non-scale victories with much happiness!

Thanks for letting me "crow" this morning! Have a wonderful week!!!!!

Onederchic
08-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Not small victories at all :nono:, these victories are huge ones and I am glad you shared with us! Congrats :hug::hug:

rachinma
08-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Awesome! :)

kuhrisuh
08-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Woohoo! :cheer2: congrats! Keep up the hard work :)!

jendiet
08-17-2009, 01:14 PM
wow! That is so cool. Take pictures that you can blow up. And dedicate a wall to your passion! A good one would be of the view from the top! These are awesome victories!

beerab
08-17-2009, 01:54 PM
That's fantastic! Great job!

I also love lighthouses, I have a huge collection of lighthouse stuff all over my house :D

salsa chip
08-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Go you!

skinny4me
08-17-2009, 03:02 PM
That's terrific!! You have great restraint. Keep up the good work!

NightengaleShane
08-17-2009, 03:05 PM
MissBliss,that's AWESOME!! Isn't it amazing to know what great shape you've gotten in? It's so cool when you feel like you've suddenly gotten fit; every gradual change pays off! It is also awesome that a once tight shirt is now even too big for you. YEAH, GO YOU! NO victory is small. :)