LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers August 17-23

View Full Version : Friends and Losers August 17-23

Mama Nicole
08-17-2009, 08:36 AM
:) Good Morning my peeps :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
08-17-2009, 08:42 AM
I just went to WI after my first full week of being OP and working out, and wouldn't ya know it.....my sclae died. ugh

Kristinx
08-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Doh! That sucks.

We had a cornboil with the neighbors last night. I did okay...I mean how bad can corn on the cob be? Had a few beers though...but then went for a walk. WHich is good cause often when I go off plan it's like what is the point of exercising, if I'm gonna be bad might as well be real bad!! Trying to get out of that mentality.

Supposed to be going for a walk again tonight, it's been so hot here that we gotta make the walks a little later, but I will not complain, I LOVE the heat! It's like summer just started here after it rained for most of July LOL

zambejaly5
08-17-2009, 09:23 AM
Mornin'!

JLem311
08-17-2009, 10:15 AM
hello all! day 29 of 30 done...you know what that means? tomorrow is day 30!!! holy sh!t, i am so proud of myself.
and yesterday morning, i asked my DH if he wanted to workout with me and he took me up on my offer (normally i like to workout alone.) and he did level 2 with me. i was gonna do level 3, but i didn't want him to pass out on me. he did great and almost kept up with me, but not quite. he said that he was proud of me for keeping up with this workout for the whole 30 days non-stop, but after doing it once with me..he was REALLY REALLY FREAKIN' PROUD of me. he said it was pretty dang hard. and maybe even harder than army PT because of the constant switch up between, strength, cardio and abs.
hearing him say that really made my day..actually it made this whole thing worth it. :)

so tomorrow is my final day of 30 days in a row of the Shred..and to reward myself i'm going to go out and get the Biggest Loser: The Workout, Weight Loss Yoga dvd. either that, or i'm gonna go on Jillian Michael's website and buy myself one of her "i'm a bully" t-shirts. :)

so yeah. that's been my day so far. oh and please send prayers to my brother's soon-to-be wife (this weekend!) her father had a stroke on saturday night. hopefully he's doing better and the wedding will still go as planned.

be back later. X is starting to stir..

Kimphin
08-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Early congrats on making it through the 30 days Jillian! I wil be thinking about your future SIL's family - I sooo hope that things work out for her and her dad.

Kristen - Corn and beer? You are my kind of chick! We had a summer dinner last night too - corn on the cob, and tomatoes w-fresh mozz. Yummy! It was too stinking hot for anything else. DH and I were joking that it was a 3 shirt day- cuz that's how many times both of us had to change while we were working around the house!

Didn't start the shred yet - too much dancing at the post-tournament party on Saturday. I was designated driver - so all I had was water all night. I figure that shaking my oversized arse on the dance floor was exercise enough.

Kristinx
08-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Kim, yeah you guys must be having the same hot weather as us! I tried to get some housecleaning, laundry done and worked for about an hour and was just dripping sweat. But I ain't complaining! It's not raining!

I love summer dinners! Sitting outside, BBQ, corn on the cob, oh and washer toss or horsehoes...yeah I'm a bit of a hick but whatever lol. God I'll be depressed when summer is over but at least I'll have hockey to get me through the winter (which requires beer too of course).

petitelapin
08-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Summer is the time I lose it ! Hard to get back on the horse with the kids home. They go back early this year..next Thurs so I will jump back on then with the exercise. I am kinda following plan but in no way am I pop (unless chocolate is op.hehe).

I am assuming washer toss is the same as washshoes?

And you will have the Flames wins to get you through winter. Me too:)

Jillian, have you seen noticeable results with the Shred? Toning? Pounds off?

Tan

aguerin
08-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Good Morning ALL.

Congrats on the 29 days Jillian!!!

Nichole - How is your shred commitment coming?

Had an on-plan weekend. Even wanted to get Pizza Friday night and just couldn't let myself do it. Ate an OP sandwich instead.

I looked for the shred DVD but didn't find it in Wal-Mart. On-Line they had it so, I just assumed I could walk in the store and find it. So my search continues.

sweetandspicy
08-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Good monday morning ladies and Dan!!

First off congratulations to Jillian on the Shred, I am glad your DH is proud of you and he should be!!!! I am sure the dress you picked will be great!!

Also congrats to Nicole on day 4. Sad about the scale

I have not been eating exactly on plan but I did manage to loose one pound this week. As long as it is a loss is all that matters to me. We had a busy weekend as always and this week looks very hectic too. I did manage not to eat a piece of cake last night, but did give in to some kind of really great ice cream as my 1 year old insisted on feeding it to me. Also we were at a wedding shower and my 1 year old was showing out as he often does and he stated doing plank jacks from the 30ds everyone said what is he doing I said exercising of course. I guess he will be the most fit one year old. He is so impressionable, it is funny how much he has picked up. Also for the 11 year old I was telling you all about last week lost 2 pounds last week so he is so proud, his dad said he was really watching what he was eating so I will have to brag on him tonight.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

JLem311
08-17-2009, 12:24 PM
tan--i've barely lost anything these past 30 days, but i know i've lost a few inches. i'm going to measure myself this week. i took my measurements a week into the Shred, so i'll let everyone know what the results are. i've also noticed some toning and muscle definition i haven't seen in years..so that's good too. i'm not really focusing on the scale aspect of this, but just feeling better and my clothes fitting better and just overall commiting to making exercise a daily thing for me. and it's worked!

amy--i got my dvd at target. also, amazon.com has it as well. :) good luck!

JLem311
08-17-2009, 12:27 PM
oh and nicole--maybe your scale dying is a sign that you need to focus on the feeling good part and clothes fitting better part and not on the numbers! :) just my opinion.

amym--great job on helping the 11yr old boy out with being healthier. :) and the plank jacks story is too funny..too bad you didn't get that on video!

KrispieD
08-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Hi My Losers!
I have found most of you on facebook but wanted to pop in and say hi!!!
Taking the girls out for the day but will try and get on later today and get back up to speed!
Missed all of you!!

JLem311
08-17-2009, 01:02 PM
yay kristen! :) happy to "see" you post!

Mama Nicole
08-17-2009, 01:13 PM
The shred is going well, DixieAmy....thanks for asking. I haven't gotten to it yet today, but I have plans to do so when baby Mia goes down for her nap.

So DH told me he thinks I should make an exercise video, cuz he thinks it a bunch of B.S. that they only have super strong, super fit, skinny chicks doing the shred. He said if he was trying as hard as I am to get fit, he would be all pissed off just looking at those skinny *****e$. :lol: He is so funny. But he said for real, someone should put out an dvd where it shows the progress over a long period of time.........and I think htat is a fine idea. Too bad it won't be me :)

Hi Kristen :)

And to the other Kristin.......I had corn on the cob too.........and it was delicious.........and I don't feel one bit bad about it. I didn't over eat it, I just enjoyed the daylights out of it :)

Ok, kids are going crazy.......ttl.
XOXO

JerseyMadchen
08-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Hey guys!!!!

I missed all of you!! I feel like I haven't been on in ages! I am jonseing for corn on the cob now, after talking about it this weekend with the inlaws and now reading about it from you guys!

I had decided to push off starting back on LA until I moved into my new house, but I can't stand the way I am feeling now. Settlement is September 17th, but we're going to do some work on it before we move in, so at least another week. I could lose 10 lbs by then, why wait!?!?!?!? Plus, I feel like garbage right now.

I've been eatting what I want, and just gorging! I go to bed every night with a stomach ache, and WHY?!?!?! I am mad at myself for giving up, I had been doing so well. 4 weeks straight I was watching what I ate and exercising 5 days a week hardcore. Of course I didn't lose anything, so I gave up. I realize now it's whata lot of you guys were saying.... I was "cheating" more and more because I was exercising. I kept telling myself it was ok... WHATEVER!

Even though I already ate today and I like to WI first thing in the morning before I eat or drink, I will WI now and get started RIGHT NOW, not tomorrow.

Jillian- I am so proud of you with the Shred, that's AWESOME!!!

So, I've been thinking.... I LOVE sending out inspirational cards and just cards to say hello.... anyone interested in starting a snail-mail group?

Well, off to run errands. I figure I will make August 29th my first 5 lb goal date. We're going to VA Beach for the week.

JerseyMadchen
08-17-2009, 02:38 PM
OMG. 244. OMG, OH MY GOODNESS. Since "giving up" 3 weeks ago I have packed on 10 lbs. This is definitely the kick I needed!

aguerin
08-17-2009, 02:39 PM
AmyM; Don't give up. You have had a lot going on and taking your attention off of yourself and making this diet (uh, life change) work.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, get out that log book, get out the food scale, the weight scale, and pronounce today is a brand new day! I can do this, because others can do it! As the bible says, I can do all things through Christ, who strengtheneth me!

JerseyMadchen
08-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks Dixie Amy... thanks for your (and God's) inspiration! I can do this!!

sweetandspicy
08-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Nicole- you need to get the biggest looser DVD's and let your hubby watch them. I have 2 of them and trust me when you see a 300lb man do more jumping jacks than you can do that is motivation in its self to get in shape. I do like them in that you see them stumble and sweat. They also usually have some additional parts of the DVD where they tell there stories before during and after TBL. One girl was saying that when she did an appearance everyone was saying you know you are not skinny, she said I know and I am never going to be your definition of "skinny" you really have to respect someone for that.

Amy- congrats on the house and just think of all of this as the new beginning to your new life-- start out healthy and fit and continue your postive path.

Work has been a nightmare today as all the schools around have now officially started and some wait until the last minute to get anything done to help their kids. Somepeople should be required to take parenting classes before/during and after pregnancy.

I am eating carrot sticks right now wishing my baby boy was here tryign to feed me ice cream. I have been so cranky lately I feel TOM creeping up early this month. I should have realizes when I cried this morning over a billboard about a dad who runs marathons with his disabled son in a wheelchair. That stuff gets me everytime. anyway back to work...

Kristinx
08-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Amy M I was thinking the same thing recently...you need a license to drive, churches require marriage prep to get married and yet for the most part anyone can hold a child's life in their hands. It's so sad to see kids whose parents really don't make them a priority. I almost went into social work when I finished my Psych degree but I just know I couldn't handle those situations...I'm bad enough with all the sob stories I hear in HR!

chiquita623
08-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies and Dan. Hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was pretty good. Went to the Farmers Market Saturday morning and loaded up on the fresh veggies and fruit. Then went to the grocery store and stocked up on all the healthy foods that have been missing from both my house and diet for quite a while. Watched one of the grandson's Saturday night and went to see Ice Age 3 yesterday. That is a cute movie!! Woke up today determined to stay OP and so far so good. Going to a pool party this evening so that may be a little challenging. But I can only do the best I can with what is available. No beating myself up. Tomorrow is a new day.

I love all the positive vibes coming from this board lately. It really helps me to stay focused. So thank you all for that.

Jillian - Good for you. 29 days out of 30. And DH should also be darned impressed with you too. I'm sure you'll look outstanding in the dress you're wearing to your brother's wedding.

Kristen and AmyM - I agree with the whole parenting class thing. That is one of my pet peeves. Just don't get me started!!

Jersey Amy - You can do this. We can both do this!! Let's get our heads in the right place and kick some inner fat girl butt!!!

Dixie Amy - Good for you not having cake. I, on the other hand, probably would have eaten at least one piece!!

Nicole - I think your DH has a great idea. It is quite intimidating to see all these young, fit little things doing the workout videos when in reality we know it's us older, overweight women!! (Not that I'm calling you older or overweight. I'm really meaning me!!)

Better get busy. I'm still at work and for some crazy reason they expect me to be doing something productive!!!

Clanori
08-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi ladies.Sounds like everyone is doing great.I am patiently waiting for my copy of the 30 day shred.I am on the waiting list from the library.The corn is fantastic this time of year so I am enjoying it just not overindulging.Have been staying OP fairly well since the kiddos have started back to school.It always seems easier when they are not here.I am homeschooling my daughter and my niece this year so there is not much sitting going on here.Oh well off to so science.Hope everyone is having a great day.

Dairy Fairy
08-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Hey all,
I've not been super OP with the plan, but I have not been horrible either. I am still doing all the cooking for my husband, so it would be dumb just to go off plan. We had to have a new AC system put in along with me having TOM at the same time. I was not in a cooking mood. Heat makes me miserable, and it's August in Houston. I tried to manage my choices (salads with a grilled protein) and get through it, but I won't lie and say I was perfect. I feel ok about it. I am committed to better meal planning this week. It really does help my DH when I have a tasty lunch of GOOD leftovers instead of just throwing together a turkey sandwich...and it's easier for me to make a little extra anyway.

Hope everyone is doing well..summer can be hard on diets!

BarbaraB
08-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Jillian, Amazing that you've stuck with almost all 30 days of the shred! I'm so proud of you! I decided to go ride my new bike yesterday instead of doing the shred. I ordered a new one online after the disasterous last one that I bought and crashed. So I was anxious to try out the new one and had a blast riding it. Lots more bike rides in my future I think. I added up all the exercise of the last week and came up with 16 hours worth, which is a huge huge number for me.... so I don't feel so bad about not shredding.... I'll definitely be doing that soon though, since it is great toner.

Amy from NJ, I've not been super on plan myself, but I've been trying to take a new approach to eating and nutrition. First off I've been trying to keep my hunger level always inbetween a 3 to a 5 on the 0 to 10 hunger scale, where 0 is starved and 10 is totally stuffed to the gills. To do this I've been really trying to slow down how fast I eat, trying to remember to chew each bite 30 times. I literally sit there and count. I am trying to really enjoy my food and savor it and experience it. It is really helping me control the quantity of what I eat. I've also been trying to focus on eating the way that Jillian Michaels describes in her book Master your Metabolism. I do recommend that book. Between that and the hypnotist work, I'm really in better control of my eating than ever...

equinetcan
08-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Hey everybody -

I'm still kicking around here. No news yet on the job front but we are down to 2 weeks now. Hopefully we'll hear something soon. Right now, good or bad, I just want to know something.

It is super humid up here these past few days and will be for the rest of the week as well. I can't go out and do much in this heat. I have asthma that I am ok with pretty much most of the time but it is really aggravated by extreme heat and humidity. So I am hoping the extended outlook is right and this semi breaks by the end of the week so I can get out and do a few more things.

I haven't looked yet to see if we can get the Shred up here without ordering it from the US and having it shipped. I need to get online and see if we have it here.

I went on saturday to two of our local farmstands and loaded up on veggies for the week. They are both just down the road from each other so I got half at one place and the other half at the the second one. That way they both benefit LOL

I did get some beautiful broccoli and green beans there a few weeks ago so I got more this weekend. The beans I cook in milk and then season with garlic and dill and the broccoli I just steam. I am not a huge fruit eater but I do like my veggies :)

Hope everyone has a good start to their week!

Alannah

JLem311
08-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Hey guys!!!!

I missed all of you!! I feel like I haven't been on in ages! I am jonseing for corn on the cob now, after talking about it this weekend with the inlaws and now reading about it from you guys!

I had decided to push off starting back on LA until I moved into my new house, but I can't stand the way I am feeling now. Settlement is September 17th, but we're going to do some work on it before we move in, so at least another week. I could lose 10 lbs by then, why wait!?!?!?!? Plus, I feel like garbage right now.

I've been eatting what I want, and just gorging! I go to bed every night with a stomach ache, and WHY?!?!?! I am mad at myself for giving up, I had been doing so well. 4 weeks straight I was watching what I ate and exercising 5 days a week hardcore. Of course I didn't lose anything, so I gave up. I realize now it's whata lot of you guys were saying.... I was "cheating" more and more because I was exercising. I kept telling myself it was ok... WHATEVER!

Even though I already ate today and I like to WI first thing in the morning before I eat or drink, I will WI now and get started RIGHT NOW, not tomorrow.

Jillian- I am so proud of you with the Shred, that's AWESOME!!!

So, I've been thinking.... I LOVE sending out inspirational cards and just cards to say hello.... anyone interested in starting a snail-mail group?

Well, off to run errands. I figure I will make August 29th my first 5 lb goal date. We're going to VA Beach for the week.

i'll do a snail-mail group with you! i just get kinda spacey about sending stuff out, but i'd be willing to give it a shot!

Mama Nicole
08-17-2009, 09:31 PM
AmyM.......you are everyone's Mama, aren't you? I love that :)

JerseyAmy....I will join your group. You know, Joni sent me a birthday card a couple of weeks ago, and it really made my day :)

I completed day 8, in a row of the shred. It felt GREAT!!!!

I love that so many of us are doing this.........JerseyAmy........take 30 minutes to love yourself tomorrow and sweat you a$$ off. Think of all of us when you are dreading doing it, and how nice it feels to report that you DID IT!!!!

I am sorry I don't have time to do all the personals I would like to, but DH is waiting for me to shower up so we can watch a movie.

But, before I go.........WHERE THE **** IS KATIE?

Mama Nicole
08-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Oh, and XOXO

JLem311
08-17-2009, 10:56 PM
I just want to say how proud I am of everyone for the amazing motivation we've all been exuding lately! it really been quite contagious! I love it!
I can't wait until I can post tomorrow that I've completed the 30 Day Shred...and stayed 100% commited. :)
goodnight all.

Repo girl
08-18-2009, 01:05 AM
Oh, Nicole, I am here. Just lurking. We have had such a busy last few weeks! We went camping this weekend so we could pick huckleberries. It was clear down in the 30's at night! I am still fat. Not even trying to lose, but I sure should! One of these days I will start feeling like it, right?

sweetandspicy
08-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Good Tuesday to you all!!! It is Football Time in Tennessee!! or so that is all you hear on the TV and Radio. It is so funny how everything around here is centered around football, not sports in general just football. Do you all experience the same football craze in your part of the world??? I enjoy watching my children play but it is hard for me to sit for 2+ hours and be cheer for a team without my boys playing. There is a new coach at The University of Tennessee and that is probably a good reason for the early buzz about football but there is a lot more that the news could talk about. But I do have to admitt I did get the new coachs autograph for my son and he was sweet enough to make it personal. I had him write "see you in 7 years" to my 11 year old who's dream is to play for the Tennessee. So needless to say he was over the moon about the autograph and I did tell the Coach oh you will see him in 7 years and you will be lucky if he chooses your team, he sort of laughed at that. Oh well. I myself and not easily impressed.

So I can't wait to hear from you Jillian. 30 days straight I am so proud. I did I think day 22 last night. I moved to level 3 and am feeling it in the back of my thighs. I find it funny that level one was my entire legs especially upper thighs that were sore, Level 2 seemed to be my arms and not level 3 lower back thighs and some back soreness. Still manageable though. My baby loved the superman move.

Amy- I would love to join the snail mail. I am great a correspondence. Something I can do while at work..

Nicole- yes I am everyones Mom, I seem to have some control issues and easily take over with my maternal insticts easily. My husband thinks it is hilarious especially since I even try to mother those older than me. My SIL brother just had a baby, he is 11 days old and his name is Alden. Both parents are older than me, but somehow I seem to feel the need to mother all three of them. I suppose that is why I am in social work.. Simply I just can't help myself from mothering.

KristinX- I am sure in HR you hear it all too. Adults have just as many problems as children and usually it is the Adults in childrens lives that cause most of the problems. I am not sure how it is in Canada but I wish someone would up date laws and regulations and figure out how to help the family dynamics. it is 2009!! We as a world should function better.

Boy I am just full of it today. I am going to go and spread some of this around here and see what I can stir up before 9am.

For anyone I missed I will catch you later...

JLem311
08-18-2009, 09:48 AM
i did it!

i completed the 30 Day Shred! and i did it for 30 day straight! i didn't take a day off at all! i'm in complete awe of myself.
and last night while talking to DH i realized that i'm going to put on my "aspirations list" to become a personal trainer or to teach a workout class at a gym. :) i can't even believe i said/thought about that. and i actually got excited talking about it and thinking about teaching a workout class! that would be so fun! (can't believe i'm saying that either!) maybe i've found a new 'calling" so-to-speak. can an aspiring pastry chef also be a BULLY of an exercise trainer? :)

anyways, got lots to do today. i have a very important appointment early this afternoon. please keep me in your thoughts today. :)

Kimphin
08-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Ugh - it is so hot here, it is like living in Jell-O.

I've got our annual audit starting next week, so work is insane! Luckily it is too hot to want to go outside anyway, so...work it is.

Alannah - Nice of you to spread your farm stand purchases around! There is one just at the end of my street that I use all the time - I'm scared that one of these days they are going to sell out to a developer, so I buy all of my stuff there!

AmyM - The Giants hold there summer training camp here at the SUNY-Albany, so the hype has been going on for weeks. DH is a huge Dolphin fan, so he was up untiil all hours last night watching them on the NFL network. HS football is not as big here as it is down by you, though. I think that your comment to the coach is priceless!

NJAmy - I'll get in on your snail mail plan too. A few years ago on here we did Christmas Cards, and it was really nice.

Nicole - tell the truth - when you read NJAmy's idea, your mind immediately went to our old "Congratulations on Not Being a Fatty Anymore" card line. You know you did!

Day 1 of Shred now starts tomorrow AM - the Dog gets me up at the crack of dawn anyway - may as well make the most of it!

Kimphin
08-18-2009, 10:13 AM
:bravo::cp::dance:

:congrat:

Great Job Jillian!!!!

JerseyMadchen
08-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Morning guys!

I am sitting here doing anything I can think of to take my mind off the fact that I can't use the bathroom. THe plumber is here again.... UGH! We're still with my in-laws, so I guess it's just practice for when we get OUR house!!!

I am excited about the snail mail!! If you want in, PM me your address and email address. I'll compile it and send it to every one! I think we can have some real fun!

Katie- I cracked up when you said you're here and still fat. HAHAAH! Me too!!

Jillian- CONGRATS girl!! I can't wait to hear the results of your measurements! Sent up a prayer for you and your Doctor appt.!

Nicole- look at you go!!!

I found in Weight Watchers magazine a walking chart that starts you off slow and ends up having you walk a half marathon. I am going to cut it out and do that for my 30 day Shred. I may mix in the real deal 30, but as of right now, I just want it to be gradual. This way too when I go to the beach I can still walk.

I can't do workout videos or anything like that at the beach. It's a trip with my in-laws andthe kids are all over the place and there's NO privacy!

Well, as soon as the plummer leaves I can go pee and eat breakfast!!

Have a great day!

BarbaraB
08-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Jillian, I knew you would! That is great!

jewljz
08-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Just popped in to say CONGRATULATIONS JILLIAN! I think you'd be an awesome trainer!

and I had a funny story - my kiddos are back home after a looooooooong five weeks with grandma and grandpa in Colorado - I'm sooo glad and feel so complete having them back! Anyway, we went to soccer practice last night and since I can't really run with the little one's and they are too big for a stroller (6 and 7 yrs old), I just run around the one soccer field (I'm sure some parents think I'm crazy, but oh well)... anyway when I finished my daughter asked why I run and I told her "to get skinny" and she responded "well that's never gonna happen"!!! I don't think she means to be disrespectful, I think she's just confused about what skinny means... I had to laugh and wonder "why the **** am I putting myself through this torture then?!" Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny...

Kimphin
08-18-2009, 03:30 PM
LOL! Kids....can't kill em, can't stuff a sock in their mouths....

JLem311
08-18-2009, 03:55 PM
thanks julie! oh and your story was too funny! crazy the things kids will say!

chiquita623
08-18-2009, 04:34 PM
So Jillian - did you take your measurements and see how many inches you've lost this past month?? I am so proud of you!!!

JLem311
08-18-2009, 04:47 PM
i haven't taken them yet, but i will tonight or tomorrow and let everyone know!
i appreciate all the cheering and motivation with me completing the Shred. the support that everyone has shown me has been amazing! thanks! i can't wait to see everyone else who's doing the shred hit their 30 day mark too!

equinetcan
08-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Congrats Jillian!!!

Amy - I'll do the snail mail too but I am in canada so it would mean people having to remember that when they mail stuff for the postage. I understand if its too big a deal - but I thought I'd put my name in too just in case.

Still hot as anything up here and now its not supposed to break till at least the weekend. Even overnight is hot. Barely cools down at all. I hate this weather with a passion LOL

Hope everyone has a good evening - I gotta get out of this computer room and get in the living room where I have my little AC running :)

Dan2112
08-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Way to go Jillian!! And good luck Kim, as you get started!

Had a great ride around Albuquerque yesterday on my day off. Ended up riding my bike with traffic along a somewhat busy street, which was a first for me.. Actually got going about 30 mph, which, I have to say was quite a rush...

Liz seems to be doing well with WW.. She's back to weighing and journaling every meal, which I think is what she needed to be doing..

Have a great day all!!

JLem311
08-19-2009, 10:08 AM
good morning all.

so i took my measurments and i lost a total of 7 inches in 30 days! :) i lost 3 inches on my waist, 2 inches on my hips, 1 inch on my bust and 1 inch on my thighs.

so there you have it.

and i haven't taken a break yet, i did yet another day of the Shred. :) i'm going to take the weekends off i think and just workout 5 days a week.

hope everyone has a good wed. DD starts 1st grade tomorrow. and i found a book called "the night before 1st grade" i can't wait to give it to her today and read it together. :)

sweetandspicy
08-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Congratulations Jillian!! I am so happy for you and very proud of you for completing the 30 days straight.

I am so tired. I need to remember to take my B-12 it was helping but I just cant remember to take the little vitamin. First offical ballgame last night, both teams lost but both my boys did well. They got to play and made me proud but are upset about the loss. Just another life lesson I suppose. I did not get to Shred last night but I did walk the track and chase a 1 year old for 2.5 hours. He thinks he is suppose to be on the field with his Daddy and perceeds to stand at the fence and yell Daddddyyyyyy. It is cute but quite distracting to my DH but he is really just a dad/coach that stands on the sideline I actually yell more at my kids from the seats than he does. I for some reason think if I don't yell pass he will not know the other team is passing. I sometimes wonder if one of them does make it to play College football how are they possibly going to hear me from those stands???Something I will have to figure out I suppose.

Anyway hope everyone is having a wonderful on plan week. TOM hit me hard yesterday and I have been craving everything!!! I had dream about chocolate cake with really thick icing. I think if I ate it I would probbaly go into sugar shock so I will leave it to the dreams. I did get some Edy's frozen yogurt blend cookies and cream and it was good. lower in fat than most low fat ice cream/yogurts. But I still love my skinny cows

Kimphin
08-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Oh goodie - now I have someone else I can mutter obscentities to on my DVD player screen. Jillian Michaels(Shred 'ho) AND Mari Winsor (Pilates 'ho).

Clanori
08-19-2009, 05:13 PM
I recieved my 30 Day Shred today in the mail.I am a little intimidated by it but tomorrow will be my first day.
Congrats on finishing the 30 day shred and doing the 30 days in a row.I have been OP for 3 days now and am feeling great.The doctor put me on steroids for my asthma so I am hoping I don't get the munchies from them.

sweetandspicy
08-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Good Thursday to you all!! I hope everyone is doing well. I have not been eating exactly on plan but have been trying my best. I have exercised some but surely need to step it up.

JLem311
08-20-2009, 10:55 AM
morning all.
i keep telling myself that i'm going take a day off from exercising (the Shred) but i just can't seem to do it. :) ha!
i'll be taking a break on saturday and sunday because we'll be at my brother's wedding.
anyways, i've got lots to do before we leave on friday afternoon.

DD started her first day of 1st grade today! :)

JLem311
08-21-2009, 07:54 AM
ok..so where o' where has everyone gone?

i think i may take today off from working out...i have so much stuff to do before we leave today for nebraska for my brother's wedding. but then that will mean, 3 days off..not sure i wanna do that, but i know i won't have any choice about working out on saturday and sunday. oh well. i guess i've worked out for 32 days straight, so a break won't be so bad.

anyways, just thought i'd check in and say hi before i get too busy today. hope everyone has a good weekend. i don't plan on having any cake at the wedding..maybe a bite of DD's, but that's it. and not too much drinking, if any, since we've got baby X to care for.

ok..enjoy your friday and weekend!

ps...how are all the Shredders doing? who's on what day, level, etc?

JLem311
08-21-2009, 08:56 AM
ok, so i lied..i just got done working out. :) day #33 in a row for me. gosh, i think i'm totally addicted. oh well, there could be worse things right?

anyways, just thought i'd report that i did my exercise for the day!

chiquita623
08-21-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm here. Just not much new to report. Going to Brookfield Zoo tomorrow for the twins 4th birthday party. Should be fun. Lots of walking but I'm not complaining. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous. Nothing much planned for Sunday. Maybe a bike ride and/or a walk.

Jillian - you are amazing!!! Take a break already. Your body probably needs it. Have fun at the wedding.

To everyone else - have a great weekend.

Mama Nicole
08-21-2009, 11:15 AM
ok, so i lied..i just got done working out. :) day #33 in a row for me. gosh, i think i'm totally addicted. oh well, there could be worse things right?

anyways, just thought i'd report that i did my exercise for the day!
:carrot:WTG, Jillian.......I knew you wouldn't beable to resist!!!:carrot:

I am happy to report that i completed day 12.......at 7:00 a.m. no less. I NEVER EVER work out in the a.m......at least not first thing. It was ok.....but I think it is definitely an aquired taste :)

JerseyAmy.....thanks for the card. It was so funny, and it really made my day. :)

I have been so busy lately, it is really impeding on my computer time. I will try and play more next week.

Oh, good news.....my 18 yo DD is coming home. She will be back next weekend, and it talking about going to school here......so I am very happy/anxious/nervous that she is coming home :)

Ok, time to change the laundry.

Work hard this weekend everyone. We have to be strong and work to become and stay healthy, each and every single day.....don't let yourself down by being mean to your body over the weekend. We CAN do this :)
XOXO

JLem311
08-21-2009, 01:27 PM
thanks everyone for the support and encouragement!
i just felt like i may as well get the workout in since i won't have the opportunity on saturday or sunday.

i can't wait to wear that dress tomorrow and have everyone be in awe..especially since i just had baby X only 4 months ago. :)

Kimphin
08-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Jillian - we want pictures!

Nicole - I'm so happy to hear about DD. You are so wise to let her find out for herself where her heart is. I hope that she settles back in well.

OK, I skipped shred today because I had stuff to do at work and I came in waaay early. Back to it tomorrow - for day 3. If anyone has any new swear words or disparaging names to call J.Michaels, please feel free to PM them to me, since I am growing tired of the one's I know.

sweetandspicy
08-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Kim- to funny- I will try to think of some names

Jillian- I hope your weekend goes well and I am sure the dress will be amazing. I am on level 3 day 3 if I complete it tonight if not tomorrow for sure.

Nicole- way to go on the exercises and I am so glad your girl is coming home I know you have missed her.

LAurie- have a good time at the zoo I hope the weather is good.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! I have been eating off and on plan for the last few weeks I am trying to figure out somethings. I have not been faithful to exercise but am stepping it up here lately. The football boys are still doing well and I have to go early tonight so they are looking a modified shred again. They need it some of them were so worn out after the game Tuesday they need endurance. Little Gavin told me he lost another pound this week and that the button his shorts no longer hurts so that is motivation for me to get myself back in gear, if an 11 year old boy can follow a diet so can I. I have drank a ton of water today I hope that helps with that donut I ate this morning. My neighbors 16 year old got a job at a local pastry place and it seems every night she works she brings us all the pastries they did not sell that day.. I could not resist last night and I ate the donut, almost went into sugar shock!!! She is a sweet girl. she went as far as to write my initals on it so the boys would not eat. A sweet but evil gesture, which I am postive was not her intent.

JLem311
08-21-2009, 03:30 PM
one last post before i leave for NE...just wanted to report that i'm down another pound! goodbye 220's! yay!!! ontop of all the inches i've lost and WILL continue to lose (because of the Shred) my clothes are finally looking less "sausage skin tight!) yay!!! :) ok, gotta go and pick up DD and be on my way.
xoxo.

JLem311
08-21-2009, 03:31 PM
oh and kim..i just call her a sadistic b!tch. ;) it's my fave.

BarbaraB
08-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Kim, I am a bigger shredding slacker than you., but fitness hag works for me as a good name for Jillian, not that its really true, but it makes me feel better... I will do it (shred) again soon, only work got crazy busy this week. I'm with you, when work goes crazy, things start dropping of my list, like exercise...

Nicole, How great that your DD is coming home! and 12 days, you rock!

Jillian, Good for you for exercising anyway. I often find traveling easier if I find a way to fit in some exercise of some sort. Even if it is just a walk. I bet you look great in your dress and that your family will be surprised to see you all fancified and toned.

I have our family reunion pot luck tomorrow. I'm thinking of making quinoa salad with chicken. Something different and still healthy. I'll have to be careful around all the wonderful baked goods that are always there.

My daughter has been sick for almost 2 weeks now, vomiting and being very unable to eat, and they found that she had H pyrori bacteria, the thing that causes ulcers... I hope they can do something for her when she goes back in on Monday.