100 lb. Club - 100lb Club Accountability Thread - August 17-23

GirlyGirlSebas
08-17-2009, 07:59 AM
Do you need accountability? A place to post your menu or your plan for the day? Please post here. Everyone is welcome.

GirlyGirlSebas
08-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Good morning, Friends.

Nicolen - Are you okay? I'm was surprised to not see that you had created our weekly thread. Please let us know how you are.

MJ - Hope you are feeling better today.

Darkblue - Welcome back!

Today is the first day of school. I'm taking this as a good reason to get 100% back on plan. I weighed in this morning. No loss for the week, but no gain either. This is good. Now, I will start tracking my calories again.

Have a great on-plan day.

wendyland
08-17-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi, this is my first time on the accountability thread! I like the idea of posting my daily plan in the morning.

It's supposed to rain most of the day, but I'm hoping for a break in the rain so I can bike or take a walk. If not, I'm going to do my wii active sports game.

As for my menu.... Zuchinni bread & an egg for breakfast. Chicken noodle soup and salad for lunch. I'm making my MIL's spaghetti sauce for dinner. And I'll have a small amount of pasta and a salad with dinner.

lottie63
08-17-2009, 10:20 AM
adjusting my cals AGAIN to see if something new works.

b: oatmeal w/ green apple
s: triscuits 1 serv
l: wheat pasta, garlic, olive oil, zucchini, onions
s: triscuits 1 serv
d: stir fried tofu/brown rice

can you tell we're running out of groceries?!

salsa chip
08-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Ok, I'm on this.

b skipped, woke up too late before I had to go to the doc's
l two small sandwiches, two kiwi fruit, glass of water
s chocolate flavour rice drink
d pork dish with rice, veggies and sauce

mj5
08-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Good Morning! It's another hot and humid day here.

nicolen--Wondering what's up!

Rhonda--Thanks for starting us off. I agree...first day of school seems like a great new start.

Wendy--Welcome!

lottie--You can do this, I know you can!!

salsa--Hi! Find yourself some sort of grab and go breakfast for days like that....

I have my gym clothes packed and ready! I am going to sweat my booty off, but that's the plan anyway, right?! LOL!!!!

Have a great op day everyone!

Slashnl
08-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi all. Went to the gym for a fairly short workout. My DD is going through volleyball tryouts and they had to meet at the school for a run at 6:30, so I didn't get to the gym as early as I like. Oh well. Spin class tomorrow, so I will need to get out of the house earlier.

Nicolen: I'll add my "what's up?" along with the others.

MJ: Remember! Sweating is good. (keep repeating that to yourself)

Lottie: Trying to lose weight is such a struggle sometimes. Hang in there.

Salsa and Wendyland: Welcome! Keep posting often!

Rhonda: So good to have you around! Keep up the good work.

Hi to everyone else who happens by!

TXJess
08-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Happy Monday!

My plan for the week is starting C25K. I have to take it pretty easy through because my shoes are a tad old and I have to wait a week until I can drive 100 miles away to get fitted properly. :mad:

The scale has been fluctuating between five pounds for two weeks so I'm hoping the change in routine will get it moving again.

SunshineCA
08-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Happy Monday everyone! :)

Doing well and staying on plan. Haven't done my workout for the day but I will before I hit the sheets. :)

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone! :)

toastedsmoke
08-18-2009, 01:24 AM
This is my 1st time on the Accountability thread. I'm right now pretty stable on the sticking to my calories and watching what I eat but where I need help with accountability is with the exercise.

Prior to the last 2 days I've been exercising everyday (some days higher impact than others) because otherwise I'm pretty sedentary and barely move except for meals and loo breaks (which in itself is pretty messed up). I was on W3D2 of the C25K challenge and then I gave that up a couple of weeks ago (because it was "too hard" <rolls eyes at self>) and started exercising in my apartment instead with aerobics, callanetics and the 5-mile walk dvds and some yoga or pilates for low impact days. Then the last couple of days TOM hit and I've done nothing. Like literally nothing. Not even a single sit up.

Even though I usually eat the right number of calories for weightloss for someone of my weight with a sedentary lifestyle (~1300-1400), I want to get back on track with the C25K challenge (maybe redo Wk2) and my daily work outs. So every day this week I have to come and post what exercise activity I do. Hopefully that should keep me accountable.

toastedsmoke
08-18-2009, 03:32 AM
I was going to start tomorrow but I decided to start as I mean to go on so:
Monday (before bed): Went to gym and walked 2miles at 4mph. Did 10minutes Pilates and 10 minutes resistance work.

nicolen
08-18-2009, 04:22 AM
Hey lovelies!

I am around - well, sort of. I'm probably not going to be around much this week as I'm really busy, but I will try and check in.

Anyway, things are going OK at the moment. Exercise wise, it's going great. Yummy trainer is definitely being renamed to evil b***** - I have been so sore for the last couple of weeks, it's not funny. I know it's a good thing, but I'm really not that fond of pain! Work is still quiet, which is great. I'm not commenting on food - it's been shocking for the last couple of weeks, so I need to get myself back on track there.

The meeting with the bank manager went OK - they're a bit concerned that the mortgage takes up nearly 40% of my take home pay, but as I haven't ever missed a payment there or on any of my bills, there's not really a lot that they can say. My interest rate is going down yay, but as the value of my place has dropped as well, I don't have quite as much equity as they would like me to have. Having said that, property prices in this area are starting to rise again so...

And bonuses get paid tomorrow. I need new clothes - my tops especially are just hanging off me, so I've got a shopping trip planned. I don't need or want anything big, so I'm going to try and save most of it. Of course, now that I've said that, something will now break, die or need a major repair...

I'll try and cach up properly really soon, I promise!

Beverlyjoy
08-18-2009, 06:13 AM
Hi chicks...I am back from Cleveland. My stepmom is doing better from her fall. She still must take it very easy. I can only check in now - as I am driving a couple hours to my job this morning and don't have time to chat.

Everyone...have a GREAT OP day.

GirlyGirlSebas
08-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Hi Friends! I see lots of new faces here. Love it!

Beverlyjoy - so glad to hear that your step-Mom is doing better.

I had one of those middle-of-the-night moments of panic. I woke up to go to the bathroom and a thought popped into my head, "you only have 2 pairs of pants that fit and they are both casual capris." I have literally outgrown my clothes! I must lose weight before it gets cold. I can't afford a new wardrobe of fat clothes!

wendyland
08-18-2009, 09:37 AM
I did pretty good yesterday. I stayed on my eating plan and within my calories. I didn't exercise, except mopping and cleaning. I was so busy working and getting the girls ready for the first day of school, which was today. I put my middle daughter on the bus to Kindergarden for the first time. I'm so excited. I wish I could go to the school and watch it.

Todays plan. exercise or else!!!
B: fage yogurt, blueberries, gluten free granola
L: Leftover spaghetti, salad
D: Paneer tikka masala
S: Kashi oatmeal raisin cookie

mj5
08-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Good Morning! It's great to see lots of activity around here!!!! I did not go to the gym yesterday....well, actually I did go, but their power was out so I didn't stay. Of course I should have done something when I went home, but didn't. I will try again today.

Diane--How was spin class? Well, didn't get to sweat (at the gym, anyway) yesterday....no power...

TX--Good for you! Wow, that's quite a drive to get fitted for sneakers!

sunshine--Hope you had a good day!

toasted--good for you! I find that if I write down my exercise for the day in advance, it helps me stick to it too!

nicolen--Hi! So glad you could stop in! I've been worried....your workouts sound fantastic! Ok, food, well...you'll get back on track! YIPPEE for a shopping trip!

Beverlyjoy--So glad your stepmom is better. You have a GREAT op day too!

Rhonda--You WILL do it, I know you will! I WILL too....I still have my 'next size smaller' jeans hanging in the closet...taunting me! They don't even come close to fitting now (they were getting close)....well, I WILL get into them.

I have my healthy lunch packed, I have already started drinking water, and I have some yummy fruit for a snack.

Today WILL be a good day!

lottie63
08-18-2009, 10:33 AM
SO last night I was out all day. I had oatmeal for breakfast and about 550 cals worth of general tso's tofu/eggroll and then we went to see harry potter (finally) while we were out (with friends) bf suggested we go to the claddaugh irish pub, and we got the yummiest spinach dip...and also onion rings. augh. deep fried goodness how i missed thee. lol.

but, it was my first 'big cheat' I've had in over a month so I'm not too worried about it and I didn't use it as a license to pig out the rest of the night I just went home, had some water and went to bed. so even though I went over I probably didn't go as over as I would have had and that *was* the only other food I had.

so, today, back on plan.

b: 2 egg whites 1 slice cheese 2 slices wheat toast
s: hummus and crackers
l: 12 california rolls
s: green apple
l: tofu of some type with brown rice probably. Not sure yet.

dgramie
08-18-2009, 11:34 AM
hi..can i jump in?
I am getting back on track after regaining some weight.It was only 15lbs but NO EXcuse should have stopped it before it got so high.
I have lost 6lbs back off and cant wait to be back at my lowest!
Meals for today- yogurt, fruit and bran flakes
lunch -eggplant and string cheese(weird combo I know)
dinner_ turkey meatloaf, beets,greens
snack- string cheese and apple

TXJess
08-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Lottie: Good for you for not letting a "cheat" day go way overboard and getting right back OP the next day. I have always thought the occasional off days were OK and needed to keep your body on its toes so to speak.

mj5 It is a heck of a drive but after the first day of C25K I know I HAVE to because my shins were already hurting and I knew I wasn't balanced properly. If I ran continuously for even a decent amount of time it would definitely have been shin splints. :mad:

b: Coffee, wheat english muffin, 1tbs peanut butter
l: low fat beef casserole with extra veggies
s: hummus w/ wheat pita
d: turkey chili & side salad

Exercise: walk 3 miles and get signed up with the gym (free w/ son's daycare ;) )

Slashnl
08-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi everyone. Had a great workout in spin class. She did something a little different today during one part. Based on the numbers in your phone number, you did different types of spinning. 0-4 you would sit, with the higher numbers meaning more resistance. 5-9 would be standing, again with the higher numbers meaning more resistance. Obviously, it was up to each individual to decide what resistance went with each number, but it was a lot of fun. Some people were standing and some sitting at each change in digit. When she first mentioned it, I thought that I could use either my work number or cell phone number because they would be an easier ride. But I figured that wasn't a good plan and used my home phone number. Made it a little tougher.

TXJess: Something to look forward to, new shoes!

dgramie: Welcome! Post often!

Lottie: Way to go with keeping it a little cheat and not a full day of cheating! You're under control and that's great!

MJ: Hope you get to go to the gym today!

Rhonda: I know you can get the weight back off. It's so hard to have those thoughts at night! That would keep me awake for sure. But I know you can do it!!!!!

Nicolen: Sorry to hear that trainer isn't so yummy all the time. But it sounds like you are getting a great workout!

Wendyland: Aw, first day of kindergarten! How cute! My kids are in 8th and 9th grade. I'm excited for them, too!

Toastedsmoke: Keep going with your exercise! You can do it!

Beverly: Good to see you!

Sunshine: Glad to see your post.

Hi to anyone else who stops by!

mj5
08-18-2009, 03:30 PM
lottie--Sounds like you had fun last night!

gramie--Welcome!!!

TXJess--I'd drive that far too if it meant pain free workouts! Hope you find some good ones! That's awesome that you get a free gym membership!!!

Diane--Good for you!!!

Well, no gym for me today either.... still something electrical. It will be open tomorrow, so I WILL go tomorrow. I will also do a workout dvd when I get home, so it will be better than nothing!

I had had LOTS of water today and food choices have been very good, so far.

I forgot to mention...I received all of the paperwork for my knee surgery. Still can't believe it's FINALLY happening. Now just have my fingers crossed that this is all he needs to do, at least for now!

salsa chip
08-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Ahem :o

Ok so today I again somehow didn't manage to get breakfast in. La la la la la.

l - 2 small sandwiches, one with a thin layer of chicken curry salad, one with a boiled egg. 2 kiwi fruit. Chocolate flavour rice drink.
s - a square of fudge+chocolate
d - salad: greens, chicken, mozzarella, pineapple, boiled egg, cherry tomatoes (ate half and the rest is in the fridge for tomorrow).

I let myself have the snack because although I wasn't hugely hungry, I went for a run (team training for a race in October) before dinner and didn't want to keel over. Despite only having two meals I think I'm beating the monster of Dangerously Absent Appetite by trying to get a sensible amount of sensible calories in.

Or maybe I'm just kidding myself :P Whilst it was nice to taste some chocolate after a while, I didn't feel a huge urge to polish off the whole pack! :carrot: It did take some willpower to take the rest into the kitchen, put it in the cupboard and leave it there, but it wasn't horrendously difficult. Yay forming new habits :)

dgramie
08-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

toastedsmoke
08-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Today hasn't been quite as I expected. I meant to re-start the C25K wk2 today but then I forgot to write down what the run/walk cycles were and I suppose I could have gone back up to my apartment to check but I pretty much dragged myself to the fitness room so I wasn't leaving without my workout. So I guess I didn't really start yet. I'll start properly tomorrow:

So Tuesdays workout:
Did 3 miles on the elliptical
(before bed will do some fat-burning yoga).

On the plus side, I heard back about a job I applied for ages ago in DC and I have a written test for it tomorrow so you all please keep your fingers crossed for me. The stress and the frantic studying has meant I've been bad today and haven't eaten anything yet but I'll remedy that now.

jab91864
08-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Hey all, just popping in for a quick update.

I think I am going to go back to counting calories. I don't know that I will do it on fitday like I did before. I know, I become obsessed with all the numbers and the pie graph. Soooooooooo if I continue to log my food on my journal I can try to just fill in the calories and hopefully do better.

The scale isn't moving and I'm getting that why do I bother feeling, you know what I'm talking about. So if I start to count calories again maybe that will help. I have also started walking again, getting up early to do that in the morning before leaving for work.

Will try to get back on a daily basis and post foods again, it helps me stay on the up and up!!!

mj5
08-19-2009, 05:28 AM
Good Morning everyone! I have several meetings today, so I won't have time to pop in later.

salsa--Keep working at it...you'll figure out a way to get breakfast in. Training for a race, huh, that's great!

toastedsmoke--Ok, so you didn't re-start C2k5K, BUT sounds like you had a really good workout! Fingers and toes crossed for you!!!! Good luck on the test!!!

jab--Good for you for taking care of that feeling before you let it get 'ahold' of you! Great job on the walking too!!!

I AM going to the gym today. I haven't been in a while, so I am going to do just cardio tonight. My gym clothes are in the car....no excuses!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!

jab91864
08-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Morning everyone. Working a different shift today so I have more hours this morning.

Here is my food plan for today ( I know in the past I have always done what I ate the day before but I had to calculate everything up to get an idea and that takes time). I need to bump it up a smidge but with a different shift it throws my normal food schedule off kilter for today.

2 boiled eggs 77x2 = 154
Acorn squash = 115 (1 cup)
Honey = 64 ( 1 tbl)

Apple = 72
Fiber one bar = 140

Carrots 1 cup = 45
Almonds = 68 (7 nuts)

Zucchini = 30 ( 1 cup)
Olive oil = 119 ( 1 tab)
Can tuna = 197
whole gr tortilla =100
Cherry tomatoes = 20

Yogurt = 170 (1 cup)
Craisins = 85 (1/4 c)

1279 calories + had an extra fiber bar at work cuz I was HUNGRY!!! then used a tortilla to roll up my tuna so my edited total cal today was... 1519

Hope everyone has a great day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schmoodle
08-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Hi chicks! Just popping in, I need to start work and no time for personals but just wanted to say hello. I am plugging along, I don't want to eat much because of the heat, but what I do want is not always good. Yesterday I succumbed to some ice cream the kids had in the freezer. My brother called and talked for an hour - he needed to vent (going through a divorce). After I hung up I went straight for the ice cream. It's in the trash now. But I need to figure out how to be supportive without absorbing the emotions myself.

Anyway! I see lots of activity here, that is great, and :welcome: everyone!

Today:
B: blueberry-cottage cheese smoothie, coffee with milk
S: string cheese
L: limas with ham
S: raw veg with hummus
D: grilled lean sausages or crockpot Mediterranean chicken, either with lots of squash on the side
S: 1 T natural peanut butter

That's the basic plan anyway, it's a little lean because groceries are low, but I'll round it out some later.

traci in training
08-19-2009, 09:41 AM
So I got on the scale this morning and the thing says 225. How depressing. Still, it's better than the 252 where I started, so I guess that's something. I spent a lot of time here while I was losing weight, so I'm back to do it again. Ate well yesterday just thinking about getting on that scale this morning, so today should go well, too.

B - 2 slices whole grain toast with 1 tbsp peanut butter
S - orange
L - big salad with lots of veggies and some chicken breast
D - Beef and pepper stir-fry with brown rice. Recipe from the new Good Housekeeping that looks really good.
S - Schwann's fudge bar. The best 100 calories on the planet.
Exercise - loaded new music on the mp3 player in anticipation of a long walk this morning but it's raining. The Y is closed for cleaning this week. Hopefully the rain will move out and I can get the walk in this afternoon. Until then, salsa production and house cleaning.

econ nerd
08-19-2009, 11:27 AM
This sounds like a good idea so I'd like to join in.

Exercise today: C25K W2 D2 complete

B: 2 hard boiled eggs
L: Big fruit salad - pineapple, peaches, kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, mandarin orange, grapes
S: String cheese
D: BBQ swordfish and BBQ haddock (half pound of each to split with hubby) along with a bunch of steamed veggies

I need to hit the gorocery store and stock up on more fruit and veggies. I am loving the fruit salads in this heat!

Yesterday wasn't my best eating day and am up 0.8 pounds this morning... There was a staff appreciation lunch thing at my hubbies work -I had a hotdog, some chips and a chocolate chip cookie. For supper we went for a drive to the coast with a friend and ended up at a fabulous seafood place (also where I go the fresh fish for supper tonight). I had a bowl of fish chowder (YUMMY and not too thick) and split an order of fish cakes with hubby. But caved and had somefresh blueberry pie and icecream for dessert... It could have been much worse and I did restrain myself :D Today is another day!

wendyland
08-19-2009, 11:28 AM
toastedsmoke: good luck!!!

Everyone else: keep it up!!!

I did really well on eating yesterday. Still no exercise. I'm not going to beat myself up over it or make excuses.

B: turkey sausage souffle
L: salad, chicken noodle soup, kashi cookie
D: chicken breast, broccoli, potato

lottie63
08-19-2009, 12:29 PM
'ello ladies, yesterday was very difficult. and my mood was really low, I think ti was the weather, It was so dark and rainy and I forgot to use my light box. I hate the weather here.

I went about 250 cals over yesterday but being as I am just reducing them again I think it's only natural that I was so hungry.

today: 1426

b: 2 whole eggs, 2 slices whole wheat toast w/ 1 serv ICBINB
l: cheese pita pizza
s: hummus and crackers
d: bbq tofu and wheat pasta in nutritional yeast "cheese" sauce

Beverlyjoy
08-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi chicks...I am not running away! I've been so busy. I'll try to catch up tonight!

Hope you are having a great day.

mj5
08-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone! Just popping in quick to say I am headed to the gym. YIPPEE!!! It's been a while since I've said that! ;)

SunshineCA
08-19-2009, 05:01 PM
posted by toastedsmoke

This is my 1st time on the Accountability thread. I'm right now pretty stable on the sticking to my calories and watching what I eat but where I need help with accountability is with the exercise.

Welcome to the thread! :) Good going on the exercise. :)

posted by wendyland

I was so busy working and getting the girls ready for the first day of school, which was today. I put my middle daughter on the bus to Kindergarden for the first time. I'm so excited. I wish I could go to the school and watch it.

Oh you're good! :lol: When my lil ones started Kindergarten they couldn't get rid of me. :lol: Awww....enjoy every minute of it for they grow up very fast! Believe me, I'm still trying to figure out where the time went. ;)

posted by mj5

sunshine--Hope you had a good day!

Oh, I did! :) Thanks! ;)

posted by Slashnl

Sunshine: Glad to see your post.

Thanks! ;)

You rock with the Spin! I don't think I could hang with ya on that! :dizzy:

May you all have a wonderful day! :)

jab91864
08-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Hope everyone had a good day OP !!!!

Came back to edit my calories. First off realized as I was eating my fiber bar I had the wrong # listed for calories. I have them in my locker at work so I went with what I found online... wrong. Then I ended up adding another fiber bar to my day and a whole grain tortilla so that bumped up my calories to a whopping 1519.

Today was one of those OMG I'm starving days, not sure why. Haven't had one of those days in a while.

Night all...

mj5
08-20-2009, 05:26 AM
Good Morning everyone!

It's going to be another super-hectic day at work, so I wanted to pop in here quick this am.

It felt SO good to get to the gym yesterday!!! I WILL go today, too.

Have a great OP day everyone!

salsa chip
08-20-2009, 06:14 AM
CHICKIES!

I have just had BREAKFAST!
two slices of dark brown bread, toppings: chicken curry salad and cream cheese;
100ml yoghurt drink
1 kiwi fruit
a few glasses of water.

About 300 kcals.

I MANAGED TO HAVE BREAKFAST!!

Here's hoping that the day goes on just as well, not only for me but for everyone :)

jab91864
08-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Sounds like the day is off to a great start !!!

My day plans to be extra long and off kilter again, I have a "thing" after work at the library which will be a couple hours. So I will be home about 9pm and have to eat something then for my dinner. I am aiming for quick and easy and I know I will be hungry.

Here is my food plan for today, not in this order but I am rushing...lol.

Thurs 8/20/09

Muesli
Lf yogurt
Craisins
Fiber bar
Asian pear
Apple
2 boiled eggs
Fiber bar
Arnold multi grain sandwich thin
Bocca chik’n pattie
Ff cheese
Water….. lots and lots =0)

1241 calories

May add another yogurt serving in if I am on an inhale mission with my food when I get home tonight.

Have a great day !!!!!!!!!!

Beverlyjoy
08-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Hi chicks....once again, I am flying out the door. Have a GREAT day.!!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
08-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Good morning, Friends! A big "Hello" to those who have joined us for the first time or have been away for a while. It is so encouraging to see so many of us becoming accountable.

I have been doing pretty good with eating healthy again. I haven't started tracking the calories again as it seemed a bit overwhelming to change both my eating habits and re-start the tracking all at one time. Tammy's post yesterday about her plan has made me stop and take a long look at myself and I realize that I do need to get back to basics. This weekend, I will be planning menus for the week, planning my workout schedule around the kids, animals and hubby and grocery shopping.

traci in training
08-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Good morning, everyone! We had thunderstorms half the night, so I slept like the dead. I love rainy nights!

Today will be day #3 totally on-plan. Life is good.

B - 2 slices whole grain toast w/peanut butter
S - Yogurt with a little granola
L - big salad
D - leftover beef and peppers - new recipe turned out pretty well, needs a little more kick.
S - 100 cal fudge bar
E - one hour walk

wendyland
08-20-2009, 11:14 AM
We also had thunderstorms last night, but it kept me up. Then, my 2 yo was up at 2:30 and 5:30. I'm draggin my butt today.

Yesterday was a good food day. I've been feeling like I'm coming down with a cold. I broke out in sweats last night when I would do too much.

B: turkey souffle
L: not sure - going out with coworkers
D: salad, veg. nuggets, yogurt with blueberries

I'm planning a higher calorie day today, since I'm going out to lunch. I went a little lower with calories the past two days, so I think I should be ok.

lottie63
08-20-2009, 11:48 AM
Heya everyone, been so busy lately! augh!

anyhow, I reduced my cals to 14-1500 the last few days and I've lost 2 lbs. WOOHOO!

Think it was just the extra push I needed.

today: 1499 cals

b: 2 whole eggs, 2 slices whole wheat toast, 1 serv cherry essence prunes
s: 1 serv wheat thins
l: cheese pita pizza
s: 1 serv triscuits
d: 2 bbq tofu sandwiches on arnolds whole wheat sandwich thins

it's sunny out today too, feeling better! :)

Slashnl
08-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Hi all. I'm in pain. Just so sore..... The spin class today was crazy hard. We used a lot of stomach muscle and I thought I was going to die. We were peddling without holding on to the handlebars, so you have to use those abs to hold yourself up. Ack! I wasn't the only one who thought it was hard, so that made me feel better. Honestly, it was an awesome workout and I pushed myself A LOT. I'm thinking it might feel better later. I hope.

I've really been trying to be more diligent with calorie counting. It isn't like I was way off track, but I was not putting full thought into everything I was eating. I don't think I am at the point that I can slack. Ha! :)

Have a great day everyone!

salsa chip
08-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Ok, this has been my first real off-plan day. But considering the heat here (I'm not used to it!), I figure that tomorrow will be a better day. For a few weeks I've not come close to a sensible calorie intake, so one day where I go over the 1500 isn't going to kill me :)

Kae
08-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Hey chicks-

I'm going out with a friend tonight... which would normally lead to trouble... but I talked to her ahead and before we go out we're going to have stir-fry for dinner at her place. I'm feelin' pretty good about it and am glad she knows my situation so I don't have to feel guilty about it.

salsa chip
08-21-2009, 04:12 AM
Hey ladies,

I'm back on plan today, and with a vengance too! Just had breakfast and am at 210 calories (according to Mr. FitDay).

Hope we all have a good day today!

Beverlyjoy
08-21-2009, 06:31 AM
Hi chicks...well, today is my final day of a very busy summer of work. Me and my lame foot have made it through. (with the help of my roadies, Alexandra and Isaac) So there.....da** foot!

I am going to visit my DS, DIL, & GS for a few days. I can hardly wait.

My food is sloppy, but not bingey. I am looking forward to less hectic days starting next Tuesday.

Have a GREAT and OP day and weekend, chicks. Be kind to yourself.

mj5
08-21-2009, 07:11 AM
Hi! Another quickie post from me.....I will catch up w/ everyone either later tonight or tomorrow.....my knee is really bad today, so not sure what kind of workout I will get in, but I will do something!!!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!

jab91864
08-21-2009, 07:45 AM
I'm running late so will be quick.

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veered from course of what I had counted and planned on yesterday but ate less than planned so I guess that is ok. Going to have to go back to what I had the day before cuz I never could plan it all down and stay to just this on the list in front of me. If I were home it might work but when I get to eat for a part of the day 9 hours is hit or miss. And hit or miss sometimes changes what I can eat.

Off to another day. Hope everyone has a great day , will touch base with my food later.

wendyland
08-21-2009, 09:53 AM
[COLOR="Red"]

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COLOR]

Ditto to that!!!!

I had a good day yesterday. I actually got some exercise in. I walked the girls to the neighborhood park and ran around chasing my 2 year old. Also did some push ups on the equipment. Also stuck to my food plan.

B: Fage yogurt, wild blueberries, gluten free granola
L: I have no idea yet, but I'm going to keep it light
D: Probably going out. We have some friends in town
E: Bike ride today!

I almost forgot. I saw 228 on my new scale for the first time today! This scale weighs me a little higher than my old one. I'm so excited. I'll probably do cartwheels at 225. I'm so easy to please.

Kae
08-21-2009, 09:58 AM
I realize that I do need to get back to basics. This weekend, I will be planning menus for the week, planning my workout schedule around the kids, animals and hubby and grocery shopping.

That's great! It really is all about the basics.
I think it's funny everytime someone I know asks how I am losing weight and I tell them by eating better and burning more calories than I eat... they don't believe me. They simply refuse to believe it is possible without some sort of quick fix or something.

lottie63
08-21-2009, 10:26 AM
hello ladies, hope everyone is doing well. I have a party to go to later tonight but thankfully all that will be there really is MEAT. bbqing burgers and hot dogs so it should make it pretty easy to not eat junk. I'm going to stop and get some garden burgers on the way so that there is something for me, and bf and I are going to the oriental restaurant up the street and I"m getting some vegetable rolls to take with me to snack on as well.

today: 1411 cals

b: batter blaster pancakes (4 small), 2 whole eggs
s: vegetable roll (12)
l: teriyaki tofu, rice, vegetables, 6 vegetable rolls
d: 2 morningstar garden burgers on arnolds wheat sandwich thins

Slashnl
08-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Hi everyone. Busy day here. So glad it is Friday. I worked out on the elliptical today while watching the "Body Pump" class in the next room. I think I'll try that class on Monday. Time to try something new and different.

Have a great weekend everyone.

jab91864
08-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Todays food choices went well. Totaled up my calories and I'm in good range. And it's FRIDAY, yeah I know I mentioned that earlier...lol.

Friday 8/21/09

2 apples
Squash
Fiber bar
Ww tortilla
Sliced turkey
Ff cheese
TVP
Peas
Ww macaroni
Mushrooms
Sf pudding
Crackers

Water, water, water

Total = 1373

Beverlyjoy
08-22-2009, 04:47 AM
I am off to visit my Grandson til Monday night. :D:carrot::D
Have a GREAT weekend Chicks!

mj5
08-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Good Morning! I agree...time to get back to basics. I am going to go to the farmers market this morning and see what yummy veggies I can find. Then I really need to plan some meals for the week--too many nights I have been picking up something on the way home--BAD habit, and expensive!

It's cooler here today (finally!), so I will do a workout dvd after I get the cleaning done.

Have a great OP day!!!

lottie63
08-22-2009, 09:11 AM
So I went way off plan at the party because we just got home (9:09 am) and I got hungry around 2 and there was no food for me left there so I ordered us al 3 large pizzas, I had 2 pieces and some cupcakes. But that's ok, back on the wagon today. I'm learning how to move on from these mistakes. I prolly won't be posting till much later as I'm about to go to bed.

SOME PARTY! :D

lottie63
08-22-2009, 02:44 PM
today: cals 1485

b: tomato soup w/ croutons, cheese and basil
s: 1 egg 1 slice wheat toast
l: bbq tofu sandwich on arnolds whole wheat sandwich thin
s: garden salad w/ 2 tbls dressing
d: zucchini and sweet potato stir fry

mj5
08-23-2009, 09:54 AM
Good Morning everyone! Alrighty, so yesterday was a bad day....food choices were terrible, hardly drank any water, did workout, but that hardly makes up for everything else.....Today is a new day, fresh start. I haven't eaten breakfast, yet, but that's next. I have washed all of the yummy fruit--so I have LOTS of easy grab and go snacks that are healthy. Dinner is ready for the grill (steak marinating), lots of yummy veggies--also for the grill.

I have my gym clothes all packed for tomorrow. Later I WILL make my lunch for tomorrow and pack snacks, too.

Plan for the gym tomorrow is: legs/back weights and cardio. Today is my 'rest day'. My knee is really sore, so it will probably be a pain med day too--I don't like taking them, but I think I am going to have to.

I'm sure I'll be around later....have a great OP day everyone!!!!

jab91864
08-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Yesterday sucked !!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent most of my day in the kitchen cooking (not for me but the family)... fried chicken, turkey roast w/gravy, venison roast etc... I had a really hard time not nibbling my way thru the cooking process.

I managed to stay within my calorie range until about 8:30 pm and I inhaled several slices of pizza. Pizza is my weakness. It doesn't help that son comes home hey mom we brought you some pizza.... aaaarrrggghhhh. I know better than to just "taste" it.

So by the time I did finally tally I was just bummed !!! And feeling like such a weak idiot, I know better.

But back to my yogurt and fruit this morning after I made french toast for everyone else.

Ok, done kicking myself for being weak ....... moving on!!!

Have a great day everyone !!!!!!!!!!!

mj5
08-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Hi again! I'm just hanging out waiting for my pain meds to kick in.....I need to have some lunch, but I'm not really hungry right now. Maybe I'll get some fruit...that would at least be something.

Jab-sounds like we both had rough days yesterday--today is a new day, though!

My dh is going away for a couple of days and the 'old' me would use that as an excuse to get take out and eat all kinds of bad for me foods. I even had a fleeting thought of doing that this time. I will NOT! I am going to get some yummy veggies at the farmers market on tuesday and will grill them. I may make some pasta or something to go w/ them.

How is everyone else doing???

toastedsmoke
08-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Ok so last week was pretty bad for me in terms of staying on plan especially with exercise. I exercised maybe 1-1.5 hrs the whole week where usually I try to do at minimum 4hrs a week. And then the food, because of stress (about the exam which I thought went badly but apparently went well and then about the upcoming interview amongst other things) and anxiety, food just hasn't seemed as important so I've constantly undereaten which shouldn't be so bad, but I'm already on the low end of calorie consumption (1250-1400) so I was around 1000 or under for 3 days this week. I made a conscious effort on Friday and Saturday to up my calories to about 1500-1600 to bring me into a more reasonable average for the week (1233). I know I can't continue like this (by Friday I could already feel myself getting sick), so this week I'll be better. I'm trying to figure out how to deal with stress in better ways (like exercise :P) so it doesn't consume me like it did this week.