Weight Loss Support - Meal planners

View Full Version : Meal planners

salsa chip
08-17-2009, 07:56 AM
I've been to see my doctor about my worryingly disappearing appetite, and we talked about some possible solutions. My suggestion was (spurred on by some comments from the lovely chickies here :hug: ) that I make a detailed meal plan where b, l, d and snacks add up to my calorie allowance for the day, and then stick to it like a sweaty tshirt.

Now because I'm almost perpetually online, it makes the most sense for me to find a handy website to help me...I did a quick Google and found this tool on www.mealsmatter.org/ (http://www.mealsmatter.org/MealPlanning/MealPlanner/index.aspx).

Does anyone here have experience with this meal planner? Or do you have some other recommendations? All help appreciated :)

seagirl
08-17-2009, 08:11 AM
I use sparkpeople to track my calories and plan my meals. by tracking in SP for the day (or usually B, L & S) i can see where I need to fill in holes, or cut back.

probably any of the tracking sites will work - fitday, SP, dailyplate, etc. It just depends on the interface that you prefer and which one you'll most consistently use.

Bonnie+J
08-17-2009, 08:15 AM
i just joined sparkpeople and they do a meal plan for you. if i lived in the states it would be terrific, but alot of the stuff they recommend isnt available here. it works out how many calories you need to eat in a day and gives you a meal plan to match that.
i hope someone else has better info for you!
well done on going to the doctor about your concerns. its always best to get these things checked.

salsa chip
08-17-2009, 08:22 AM
I already have an account on fitday, but I use it to track my weight and how many calories I've consumed. I'm kind of looking for a place where I can store/save recipes along with their nutritional value, and then "slot" them in to different days in the week, for example.