View Full Version : Weekly Chat: August 17- 23

Tejas
08-17-2009, 06:06 AM
New Pages!

:cofdate: :gossip: :grouphug:

beach bum
08-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Sorry I was MIA over the Weekend I was watching the GPA champion golf game,and was disappointing that the Tiger didn't win.

Got on the scale it morning for my official W-I and I maintained this week.I guess the old bod wants to take a rest and I haven't exercise the whole week either.So I'm going to improve my way of exercising this week so I have a better W-I next.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up this week. Hows the sale on your house doing, any takers?????

SANDRA & VICKIE- Thanks my head ache right in back of they eye is gone.I get that when the heat gets to me. Have to keep the A/C going at full blast.

Vickie
08-17-2009, 10:01 AM
So glad you're better, Mary Ann. I'm off to talk to Jenny.

Vickie
08-17-2009, 01:56 PM
I lost 1 pound. My scale at home said 1.6 but I'll follow Jenny's scale. It will come off next week. I have to weigh in on Sunday next week. So with only 6 days, I have to work hard and fast.

I hope you're all having a great day. My cleaning lady is here so life is good!

Sandra, I'm glad you're taking those baby steps.

Any offers, Rhonda?

Sloan, has the stress eased a bit?

Donna.....thinking about you and hoping that you are keeping yourself sufficiently distracted.

Did I tell you all that Froufy says hello?

Tejas
08-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi:

I'm at work, headed out to meet DH for dinner.

We had the neighbors over for an "open house" last night and that was fun. We will open bids Thursday night. This is an approach that is done here, although I find it strange. You put a price on the house that is somewhat below your expectations and solicit bids. Then, you open them all at the same time and decide which one to take, if any. We'll see what happens. I don't want to say much on an open board at this time.

All is well...we are having a very hot and humid day. It feels like the Gulf Coast!

Rhonda

ontarget
08-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Rhonda, be sure to let us know asap. I hope you get some great bids.

Vickie, :woohoo: on losing. You're being very steady. That's good. I'm still tiptoeing around with babysteps.

Maryann, I've been caught up lately with archery. I totally understand not being able to get on the boards.

I went to both school districts today to turn in my fingerprint info and look around. My excitement is building.

Vickie
08-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Rhonda, good luck! We've seen this approach from watching Property Virgins on HGTV. I'm glad they don't do that in the states. I would hate to be in love with a house and have to get involved with a bidding war. It's great for the Sellers though.

Thanks, Sandra. Slow and steady wins the race. I'll get there eventually.

Vickie
08-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

I'm treadmilling today and going to my Sister/BIL to get some home grown tomatoes from their garden. We'll be having Chipotle burrito bowls for dinner with no rice. Jim and I are really looking forward to that!

I hope you all have a great day. Drink your water!

Where's Coco and Donna?

beach bum
08-18-2009, 09:36 AM

Not feeling well,have some type of a tummy ache,but fortunately I on my low day of eating and with chamomile tea I should be better in no time.

Can't stand this heat anymore,haven't done anything but trying to stay cool. Some time today I have to get my dust bunnies at bay,otherwise DH & I will be having difficulty breathing.Have the A/C going in the living room so it will nice a cool in there when tackling them.

Other than that nothing really new,Going to ride my bike with some sort of a spinning,while watch a DVD on my computer this afternoon.

VICKIE-Congrats:carrot: on your lost pound that wonderful after having so many problems with your kidneys. My headache is gone and now my tummy is starting to act up. Gee!! what will be next.

Still waiting for my tomatoes to turn red other wise I going to rely on my recipe for green fried tomatoes.

RHONDA-Hope you had a great time at dinner,I need to go out for dinner,but I guess that not going to happen until Leo feel better.

Oh so that's how the houses are sold up there,that's very interesting. Here we have a set price that the real estates and the seller put up at the highest price and if that doesn't take to the buyer they lower it and lower it until they get a sale.

SANDRA-Is there any contest coming up with your archery????I remember you had something going some time this or last year.I'm having a senior moment.

Tejas
08-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi All:

Just a quick note before I head to the office.

I couldn't sleep last night so missed my personal trainer session this morning. It was the only sleep I got. I had gone to bed so tired at 8:30 and at 3AM I was wide awake!

Maryann: this is the way they sell houses some of the time here, if the market is really good, as it is now. Most of the time it is as you described: set what you think is a realistic price and hope someone meets it.

Vickie, congrats on the loss. I just maintained, which is better than not!

Sandra....fingerprinted? Hmmm, well you do look suspicious with that bow and arrow you carry around!

Have a great day, and do what Vickie says.

Rhonda

Vickie
08-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Rhonda, I hope you get some great sleep tonight. There is nothing worse than bad sleep.....except maybe NO sleep.

Mary Ann, I feel like I always have some illness since I turned 50. That's part of the reason that I started trying to lose weight since I feel that contributes.

I hope you all feel better soon. Maybe some water will help!

ontarget
08-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Maryanne, you have a wonderful memory. We do have tournaments coming up even this weekend. It's a 3D shoot close to home. The TX State Senior Olympics are coming up later this fall. Then indoor season starts. No rest for the wicked, but that's the way we like it.

I hope you're feeling better. I'm op today and am keeping close tabs on my points. I am journaling again--starting today. I also did 30 min :swim:. Life is good.

Vickie, your dinner sounds good. Curtis is finishing a chicken salad we had in the fridge and I'm having a WW TV dinner. I eat it "open face sandwich" style.

Rhonda, I had a mugshot made, too. They told me not to smile. You know that was hard for me. Especially when they told me not to do it. :lol:

We're still trying to stay cool, too. The temps are lower but the humidity is higher. Life goes on.

ontarget
08-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Rhonda, did you and Doyle know Cleburne has gone wet? It's so odd to see beer and wine for sale at the grocery store and signs up all over town advertising. Times have changed in Johnson County.

sloanie
08-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Hey chicks! Things are still so busy at school, but it is going well. My DS is feeling better since his breakup with his GF, and he is starting school in a couple of weeks, so that should help. We have not heard from the nephew since his release from the hospital, so we are not sure about how he is doing. I guess things have settled down in that department. The remodeling is back in full swing, so saw dust is everywhere! I am very excited about how things look since removing some walls. I can't wait to see it all done.

Sandra-I would love to invite you to go with me to have dinner with Rhonda, but it sounds like you might be too busy! Have you bought your school clothes and lunch box, yet?

Rhonda-I know you must be excited about opening the bids on Thursday. I hope there is one that is just right!

Maryann-I hope you feel better!

Vickie-Congrats on your loss! I agree: slow and steady wins the race!

Hey Donna and Paula!

Tejas
08-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi All:

I had a long day today and it is bedtime now. I bet I sleep tonight.

Sloan, it's good to hear that DS's heartbreak might take a backseat to the excitement of school starting again. I'm also interested to hear about your curriculum....to say nothing of the renos!

Maryann, I hope you feel better and got to sit in the AC all day long! It's been stifling hot and humid here.

Vickie, I bet that eating well and losing weight will make you feel better in many regards. I hope you enjoyed that dinner. It sounds delicious.

So, where is that Coco??? Camping somewhere, again, still? Didn't she say she'd be gone for a while. My memory is non-existent.

Tech, where are you...out on the bike somewhere?

Good night everybody.

Rhonda

ontarget
08-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Sloan, I have bought new clothes and a lunchbox. lol Sounds like you're busy, too. Got an email from my former high school basketball coach who is a retired supt from one of the schools where I'll be subbing. He's excited about my "coming home."

Rhonda, you sound pooped. Did you go spinning today? That usually energizes you, doesn't it? It helped me today going :swim: even though it was just for a few minutes before I went to buy groceries. "Running" in the water makes my feet feel like they've gotten a massage.

Coco, where art thou, friend?

beach bum
08-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Had a trying day DH had to go the an emergency visit to the cancer center.The chemo he had last week brought out a radiation burn on his chest. They gave us cream to put on the rash. Have to go back on Friday to see the doctor and re-schedule chemo treatment starting next week.

Was surprised with all this going on I keep away from goodies & snacks and this morning I was down 2 lbs but not going to get excited yet,as this happens to me mid week and than by my W-I it disappears.

Other everything here is quite.

RHONDA-That what I thought it is the same. Didn't have the chance to sit and relax yesterday read main post.

VICKIE-One friend told me that the golden years are really the rusty years. I don't know about being overweight not being healthy. They have so many pros & cons about the subject. Whats the correct answer we eat healthy and exercise and still the body doesn't lose. We even go down to a portion sizes.I really believe ever since they started putting chemicals in our food & water the high rate of all types of cancer has exploded,along with heart problems & diabetes. I could go on & on but I'll get of my soap box.

SANDRA-I have a memory like a sieve. I have forgotten so many important things I now use a post it .:lol: It seems like an interesting sport,and you're so good at it .Bet you're going to win them all. Keep up the good work,wish I knew how to swim,I did at one time but a wave took me out too far and now I'm afraid to go in any body of water.

SLOAN-Had a busy week,hope to slow down today and rest Thanks,I'm feeling a lot better now. Hope you have a good school year ,and your nephews doing fine also.

Tejas
08-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Hi:

I'm at the office. I just had a great lunch: crisp red and green peppers with onion and other goodies with Chipotle lime chicken....all cold and very tasty.

I've put on a pound from all of this eating out because there are so many people in my house. We paid $420 to have a home inspection and we have made copies of the inspection for people to take with them. But, one person is having her own inspection done. Oh boy. DH just refused to leave the house, and I don't blame him. They take 2-3 hours. Other people wanted to know the electricity and gas bills. I gave them sample figures from winter and summer months. I must say that my thought was "if you have to worry about that, you're not ready to buy a house." But, I suppose it's a reasonable question, especially if you're moving from a situation in which you didn't have to pay utilities before.

Yes, Sandra, I went spinning. It always feels good....well, except for the ligaments over my knees, which I have to "baby." Tomorrow morning I'm going to try a yoga class the same people give. I took yoga for five years from a very respected teacher here. But, I hurt my neck (not yoga related) and can't do headstands, handstands, etc. They say that they have an approach thought won't require me to stress my neck. So, I'll try it.

OK, back to work now....

BBL

sloanie
08-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Hey chicks. Hope you all have had a good day. My feet are killing me! Standing all day AND looking cute just don't go together. I have got to wear my sneakers tomorrow!

Sandra-What kind of lunch box do you have? I need to get myself one. I usually carry my lunch in a grocery sack; I guess that's kinda lame! I can't wait to hear about your first day!

Rhonda-DS is looking forward to starting class; now he needs a job. We have had him working on the renovations all summer, so now it's time to start looking. Right now we have only studs for walls in the main living area of our house. DH is rewiring some areas then he will rearrange the kitchen cabinets. After that is done, we will have the drywall put up, kitchen counters installed, and then new flooring put down. Somewhere in between all that, DS and I will paint. Whew!!!! There is a really good website for layered curriculum (that's what I'm doing). If you go to help4teachers.com, you can read all about it.

Maryann-so sorry to hear about Leo. I hope he feels better soon. Enough is enough!

Hey to the rest of you chicks!

ontarget
08-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Rhonda, we bought our 5th wheel when the inspector was at our home in Montana. :lol: Your lunch sounds good.

I've been op 2 days now. Journaling helps.

Sloan, have you tried any MBT shoes? Why don't you google them? I have a pair and may be wearing them some. However, they have a nickname--"Ugly Shoes." But they feel beautiful.

Maryann, I am so sorry about Leo's reaction. Kudos to you for staying op. That took fortitude.

Sloan, my lunch bag is a small collapsible one I got from Walmart. It will fit in my purse when empty.

Tejas
08-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Sandra, I was wondering about those shoes. Someone I work with says that they are wonderful...so, you still like yours?

Maryann, reading your post about Leo just brought back floods of memories for me about my late husband's struggle with cancer. What an ordeal for Leo, and for you.

Sloan, thanks for the information about the site..I'll look at it tomorrow.

We had people in our house until 9PM and more are coming at 9AM!!! This house better sell tomorrow night. DH told me that I had to make dinner for all the agents who come. I said "What! I have to work all day, then make supper for people I don't know and don't know how many there are!!!" He said "yes." I then called the agent who said "that was a JOKE!" :lol: I fell for that one :eek:
What an adventure.

I bought clothes for our upcoming vacation. I was a little upset that I haven't lost more weight, but I also feel good about eating better and exercising.

Rhonda

ontarget
08-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Rhonda, I like them but haven't been wearing them much. I can't shoot in them so they don't work for archery. (I start rocking when I draw my bow.) They are tennis shoe type so they don't go with everything. I will wear them more in cooler weather when I'm not wearing sandals. But in answer to your question--Yes, I like them. I prob should have bought MBT sandals instead of tennis shoes, though, so I could wear them with more of my clothes.

Rhonda, you need to kick Doyle. That wasn't funny. You're too tired and "strung out" to even be teased about cooking for a lot of folks. I'm anxious for you to get to Texas. I'll be waiting for you to call.

Tejas
08-20-2009, 07:39 AM
OK, Sandra, I'll kick him...under the table when he takes me out for breakfast!

beach bum
08-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi Ladies :)

Going to be another HHH day and today is my low calorie day,so instead of heavy meal I tending to have a mixture of fruit & veggie salad for the meal meal.

Worked out on my bike for 40 mins and than on hands knees cleaning our area rugs for almost 1/2 hr, so I'm counting that toward exercising, working arm muscles. Today I taking it easy,now that I'm on the cal day.

RHONDA-That's the reason we only had 2 houses in our 43 years of marriage. Hated selling & buying factor and moving & packing was the worst.It can get stressful.Hope you find a buyer real soon so you can get all of that behind you.

Thanks,didn't want to bring you sad memories, this disease is the worst,I see so many people at the cancer center worst than Leo and it just tears you apart.There's a woman that shares my hair stylist with me,and her DH was there at the same center,having lung cancer that went to his throat,and he now on a feed tube. My stylist says she going though ****,but shes a strong woman,hope I'm like her, to fight this again.

SLOANIE-Wear whats ever comfortable to you.Sneaker now a days look almost like shoes.,and not to hard on the feet.

Thanks Leo is feeling better now that the cream is working. He just mentioned it to me this morning that he feels bad for me being on the Merry Go Round with him,but me being the caretaker he thankful that I'm healthy and strong to take care of him.

SANDRA-I always journaled and sometimes it drive my DD or even Leo crazy if I decide to bring along with me when we leave home. I go as far to keep my journals for over 2 years,to see what worked or didn't work in years past. Don't ask why I'm not a goal,it just harder when you get older.

Have to get ready to go out to pick up some stables,before the crowds decide to go out.

ontarget
08-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Rhonda, I hope you kicked gently. :lol: I hope ya'll have some wine to celebrate with tonight. My fingers are crossed. :crossed:

Maryann, you're a strong woman. I am proud of you. I am also proud of Leo. He must be strong, too.

Thank you for telling me about your journaling. I got sloppy with mine yesterday and just wrote down points numbers. Today I'm doing better.

sloanie
08-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Hey all! I've been eating like a pig today! Don't know why :dizzy:

Rhonda-I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the big envelope opening tonight. I'm anxious to hear what is happening.

Sandra-I looked at the shoes. You're right, they are ugly :rofl: but I can see that they would be comfortable. Do you think they would aggravate my hip arthritis? I have to be careful or it gives me fits.

Maryann-I know you are talking about journaling your foods, but have you thought about journaling through this stressful time with Leo. Stress managers really seem to think it helps to put feelings down on paper-just a thought. I'm prayin' for y'all.

Hey to the rest of you chickies.

ontarget
08-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Rhonda ?

Sloan, I don't know if they would aggravate your hip arthritis or not. They don't mine but a good friend of mine didn't buy a pair because they hurt her knee. Try them out. Where I got mine, they let me walk up and down the sidewalk outside the business.

Well, I have my first teaching assignment. Next week Thursday and Friday I'm subbing for the Inclusive Coordinator at an elementary school. Yippee!!

Tejas
08-21-2009, 12:14 AM
House sold!!!!

Exhausted, details tomorrow...

Rhonda

Vickie
08-21-2009, 04:56 AM
Good Morning Chicks. I've been up since 2:30 since I couldn't sleep. We opened the windows and let all the humidity in. I'm generally miserable in humidity since it makes my allergies worse. I should have left the darned windows closed and the air on. It's just that it's cold outside. Oh well.

I go to see the Urologist today and will nap afterwards. Jim is sleeping now, thankfully.

I see that I'm pretty far behind. This will be a good time for me to catch up.

Vickie
08-21-2009, 05:07 AM
Mary Ann, I wouldn't be surprised if you tummy troubles are caused by your concern for Leo. I'd completely understand that. My prayers are with both of you as you wage war again on this hideous disease. I hope he is feeling better since his emergency trip to the Doctor.

Rhonda, first of all congratulation on maintaining your weight this week after eating out so much. That's an awesome accomplishment in the weight loss arena. But most of all congratulations on selling your house so quickly!!! It must have only been on the market a week? Fingers crossed for a successfully closed deal. Start packing!

Sandra, I'm so proud of you for journalling and for exercising. Neither of those things are easy to do. Why do I have a feeling that your subbing will become more full time than part time? Maybe because it doesn't seem that you do anything halfway!

Sloan, there is always something going on in life, isn't there?! I know you'll be happy to have the remodeling done. We need to do more but the funds are deplete for now. Since we aren't handy we have to save up to hire folks to do these things for us.

have a great day, everyone. I'll probably be back after my nap.

Tejas
08-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Hi:

I've had some sleep, even more than Vickie had it seems!

The house was listed a week ago Wednesday and sold last night around 9:30. There was a bidding war, which is an interesting process to say the least. We sold to the highest bid, with the conditions that we have more mortar put on chimney and that we add more insulation in the attic. These are two things suggested by the home inspector.

The house was bought by a young woman who is a school teacher (keeping it in the "family"). I'm sure that she will be welcomed on the street, which has a lot of single women and young couples on it. It's her first house and she is delighted with it. One of her first questions was about how to maintain the garden. That will be easy, I told her. It's mostly perrennials (sp?).

We had a wicked storm last night while all of this was going on. It looked like Texas: high winds, sheets of rain and tornado warnings. Thank goodness the skylights didn't leak :lol:

But, all is well...the house sold and there were no tornados here....except emotional ones ;)

BBL

Rhonda

TechAlum
08-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi All,

I'm around. We were supposed to go camping this week, but on Sat DH decided that he wasn't quite up to camping in a tent yet, so we stayed home, and planned to do the kind of things we do on vacation only don't usually around here because hey we live here :lol: Unfortunately, Wed after I got the lawn mowed I was hot and tired so we postponed that planned trip to this weekend, then yesterday the tour we went to do was canceled because a thunderstorm rolled thru and they lost power. We'll have to go back.

My eating has been so-so, and exercising almost non-existent. I really need to get back on track, just can't seem to get the momentum going.

Rhonda - Congrats on selling so quickly. You must be excited.

Maryanne - :hug: Hope Leo is doing ok.

Sloan - I'm sure you'll love the place when it's done, but the during is a royal pain. I remember when I was a kid my parents bought a small house with the plan of raising the roof and enlarging it, well they couldn't get a contractor because the housing boom was in full swing, then when construction slowed down and contractors became available they couldn't afford it because my dad wasn't working (he's a bricklayer). So we moved every wall inside the house, ourselves. It wasn't a lot of fun, but it was nice when it was done.

Sandra - enjoy your "new" job.....

Vicki - Congrats on the pound lost, how's the kidneys feeling?

Well I should get moving. Need to run out to the store and pick up a chicken for dinner. Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

sloanie
08-21-2009, 06:40 PM
Hey y'all-I know you are sick of hearing my complaints about the remodel, so I won't even go there. DD is driving in from East Tennessee today, so I am very excited. I think we have seen her only three times since the first of the year. I'm fine most of the time, but sometimes I really miss her. This is a surprise visit, so it it especially nice.

Rhonda-I'm so happy for you! Things are moving quickly! You'll be in Texas before you know it.

Vickie-What did the doc say? I hope it was good news. You need to get some rest tonight. I hope you are able to.

Sandra-What will you be doing at this assignment?

Donna-Good to see you! Sorry you had to postpone your fun. Hopefully you'll be able to get away soon.

Hope the rest of you chicks are doing well!

ontarget
08-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Rhonda, :woohoo: on selling your home. Now you can pack up and move on to Texas. :woohoo:

Vickie, we've been sitting on our front porch a lot in the evenings lately. It's been very very pleasant out. I hope you get some rest tonight. :lol: You're prob right on the subbing. This first assignment is for K-3 and I had only signed up for 5-12 grades.

Sloan, enjoy your dd's visit. I know you're excited to see her. I'll be the Inclusive Coordinator Sub. That means I'll be working in regular classrooms with special needs children.

Friends are coming over tonight for fellowship and flinging arrows. Life is good. Ya'll have a good evening.

Tejas
08-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Good Morning everyone:

I'm off to spinning, then meeting a friend for brunch. She is a former neighbor who now lives on the other side of town.

We're calming down a bit here, finally. I ran errands most of the day yesterday: seeing the lawyer, paying property tax and waterbill, etc. All is working out...

A tornado did touch down on Thurday night, in a town north of here. It did a LOT of property damage and one person was killed.

Sloan, I hope you enjoy your daughter's visit. Renos: well, they're awful to live through, aren't they. I still remember the ones my parents did when I was 12 or so.

Vickie, how are you feeling with that stone? I hope it just disappears!

Donna, go get on that bike :coach: ;)

Sandra, I hope you had an enjoyable evening with your friends.

Coco??? Where are you??

BBL,
Rhonda

sloanie
08-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Mornin' chicks-DD arrived safely late last night, and we chatted for a little while. I'm so glad she is here! We will spend the weekend catching up and visiting with extended family.

Rhonda, send me some of your "exercise dust", I can't get motivated.

Sandra, sounds like a good way to start off. Will you be in the room with the regular teacher and focused mostly on the special needs kids? We have inclusion classrooms where the regular teacher runs the class and a special ed teacher works with specific kids (also helping others as needed).

Vickie, how'd you sleep? I hope Mr. Sandman was good to you!

I'm off to grade papers until everyone else is up. Have a great day, y'all!

beach bum
08-22-2009, 09:27 AM

Don't know if it was me,but I had a hard time getting into the 3fc board yesterday.

Looks like it fixed and I can post again. This is what happened to us yesterday.

We went to the cancer center this morning to speak with the chemo doctor of what will be the next drug used and when with the next treatment take place. He couldn't understand why my dh was having a radiation reaction,until he saw the just released FDA report.He only heard of 12 cases that had these reactions.Now my dh makes the 13th.

Our doctor made an appointment with a lung specialized from Dana Farber Hospital in Boston to see my dh at our center this Tuesday.

Now for me, on the calorie counting road to losing weight. I'm now going to decide whether I should lower my calories 100-200 calories more on this high calorie, low calorie day. Thinking about 1400/400 or 1500/500 for a while and see what happens. I think I'm stalling at 1600/600.,as my bod is getting used to this one range. Might throw a medium calorie count in between.

SANDRA-Thanks for your kind words.I really don't know what the scale would read if I didn't journal. Even my doctor told me it was a good tool,as you can see what you ate that made the scale go up or down.

VICKIE-I can't stand this humidity and that what we had for the last couple of weeks. We like to stay in on those days with our A/C going on full blast,but for the last several day we had to go out to then cancer center and the heat just hits you in the face. Hopefully Hurricane Bill when he passes by will bring some kind of relieve. TG we went on our cruise to Nova Scotia last month the BILL is going straight toward them.

Thanks for the prayers,and kind words,I try to keep that behind me,but I guess the subconscious doesn't work that way.

RHONDA-Congrats for sell your house, now you'll be on your way,and that part of the moving stress will be over. We getting a new neighbor/owner in our group of houses,she a single nurse that going to use it for a summer home.

DONNA-Sorry about canceling your camping & tour on count of the weather.That can be a bummer,especially when you really wanted to get away. Sending some[[[[[[[ momentum vibes ]]]]]] your way. Leo's chest is healing the redness is gone,but we're still going to put the cream on,as the doctor recommended.

SLOAN-Have a wonderful time with your DD,I know I love having mine up here,but with Leo now having the cancer back and his resistance is low, its not a good idea to have children around with all the swine flu going around. We only saw her once this year at Easter time. Hopefully we'll be back together by the Christmas season.

Have a great weekend,we will be busy trying to get all loose items off our patio,so the storms doesn't blow anything away.

Vickie
08-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Hi Chicks! I slept 9 hours last night so I feel very very rested this morning. And....I passed the stone. The specialist said the pain I was feeling last week was the stone passing. I'm clear for now. He wants me to do some 24 hour urine test. I have to do some research on that one. He said it's the only way to have a clue why I keep forming the stones without catching one.

I've got to get myself on the treadmill while it's still cool here. I'll come back later to catch up.

I hope you are all well.

ontarget
08-22-2009, 04:14 PM
We had a good time last night. Today the same couple went with us to a 3D competition. Life is good.

Rhonda, kudos, my friend, for keeping up with spinning during all your busy times with selling. That's horrible about the tornado. I'm glad ya'll were safe.

Sloan, my assignment sounds like what you're describing. I'm looking forward to it. Enjoy dd.

Maryann, let us know how Leo does. I wish him the best.

Vickie, I'm glad you passed that darned old stone. Now--no more, my friend.

sloanie
08-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Vickie, I'm glad you finally birthed that little bugger! Now don't you make any more, ya hear? I'm also glad to hear you got a good night's sleep.

Sandra, if I were subbing, I think I would love an assignment like your first one. I know you'll be great!

Maryann, I'm glad Leo is seeing a specialist. Let us know what you find out. We will be praying for good news. Don't go overboard with the calorie restriction. I know that when things are out of control in your life, controlling your eating can get to be an obsession. Be nice to yourself so you can take care of Leo!

I have spent the entire day being lazy and visiting with DD. She told me she rarely gets to have a lazy day, so she is enjoying the inactivity. We are planning to do some shopping tonight while DH does some fishing, then we will visit with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins tomorrow. I hope you all are having a restful weekend!

ontarget
08-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Sloan, you sound like you're having a great visit. Enjoy!

Tejas
08-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Good Morning:

I'm off to spinning class and then to see my former MIL.

Then, I pack for travel to Texas....we've got someone staying in the house, then we're off for 10 days or so. Here we come, Sandra.

Vickie, glad to hear you passed that stone. I've never had one, thank goodness! DH has though.

Maryann, I'm thinking of you and Leo. You can't get better care than to see someone from the Dana Farber Clinic.

Sloan, I hope you have a great day with the family and a rest from the renos.

Donna, are you on the bike yet? Or, walking with the doggie?

BBL,
Rhonda

sloanie
08-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Off the the family gathering in a few minutes. Have a great day, y'all!

beach bum
08-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a rush morning,not sure if I was going to church with the Hurricane Bill that was supposed to take the Cape & Islands for a storm,but it fizzled out to sea and we now enjoying a beautiful sunny summer afternoon.

VICKIE-Oh I so happy that you pasted the stone, I had kidney stones many years ago & mine were made up of a calcium deposits. Mine passed when they injected the dye into my body.

SANDRA-I will let you guys know, today he seems to be comfortable no coughing or hacking.We'll know the whole story buy Tuesday afternoon.

SLOAN-Thanks I think the doctor was wise to bring in a specialist,now we will know for sure how to get rid of this horrible disease,with it coming back again. Don't think I obsessing in my weight I just want to get this 40 lbs off of me once and for all. I have gained 25 lbs in 12 years,right now I'm working on my first 10% which is 17 lbs which will bring me down 153.

RHONDA-Thanks for your thoughts,and you correct Mass has a number of great cancer hospitals and one of them is Dana Farber,as we been there before,very caring people run all of the hospitals down here.Have a great trip to Texas & house hunting.

Have agreat day, going to watch golf

Vickie
08-23-2009, 02:52 PM
I lost a pound. I feel like I'm living the tortoise and the hare story.

Next week has a couple of challenges for me. I have a big meal out on Thursday where I'll be having my first burger since the end of January...and the sides and fixings. On Friday will be our regular dinner out and Saturday is a birthday party for the great Nephew. I can be good at two of the 3 but I'm going to have to exercise for sure and cut back where I can the other days.

Still and all, I'm happy with my progress. Even if I only lost 1 pound a week forever, it would still be 52 pounds in a year.

I'm cooking today; my homemade applesauce that I make every 4 or 5 days; broiling and freezing chicken breast meat for our salad; and cut up watermelon and cantaloupe for the week. Monday is garbage so I like to get all of that done and get the garbage out.

I hope you are all well. I'll try to get back in between stuff.

ontarget
08-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Rhonda :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I'm excited!!

Maryann, I'm glad Bill didn't come visit. This weekend we have more hummingbirds than we've had all season. I'm wondering if something along the Gulf Coast has pushed them up here. Or maybe we've had some hatch here!

Vickie, I'd be thrilled with 1 pound per week. Congratulations. I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your readying all for the upcoming week. Good idea!

We went to church this morning then attended the newcomers' luncheon. Now we're home for the evening. Life is good.

sloanie
08-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Vickie-slow and steady wins the race! You CAN do this!

Maryann-glad Bill fizzled out!

Rhonda-I'm so glad you are getting to Texas! Be careful and have fun!

Sandra-hope you've had a good evening!

I've got some grading to do, so I'd better get busy. TTFN