Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-16-2009, 05:06 AM   #1  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

Default slipping

As some of you may remember, I've been struggling a little with my weight since I moved across the country. I weighed in at 127 today.

I can't believe this. Yet, at the same time, I can. I've been overeating.

I just ordered a bunch of (healthy) food online. My exercise is fine. It's eating the wrong foods, or simply overeating, that is the problem.

I will figure this out.

Just felt like getting this off my chest. Any and all support is much appreciated.

Thanks and hope all of you are doing much better than I am with the (sometimes) struggle that is maintenance.
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Um, did you type the wrong number? Because it looks like 127 is your goal, and you're still there...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy me too - sigh

I hear you. You did reach your goal weight and are still there, according to your ticker. Those are real accomplishments and you should be proud of them.

I never did get down to goal and am now struggling to stay under 140.

I didn't understand how people could regain the weight they worked so hard to lose until now.

If the motivation isn't there it's really easy to give in and eat "just this little thing" a bunch of times. Or to relax on the weekends.

Even with all the support on 3FC it ultimately comes down to how we ourselves maintain, one decision at a time. And that can be the hardest thing in the world sometimes - making the healthy decisions day after day.

I hope you, me and everyone else who is struggling right now reconnect with that strength we know is there.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #4  
Maintainer

Dagmar ~ I know -- well said. Thanks. Hope you can find your way back, too. You are so close.

JayEll~ My original goal *was* 127. I did get down to 120, though, and maintained there for a long time. I feel better about myself at that weight.

In the long term, it's possible that 120 is unrealistic to maintain. I don't know. But in the mean time, I'm going to try to get back there and see for myself. Just to be at 123 would be a dream. We'll see if I can do it.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #5  
Maintainer

And yes I know that it probably looks quite shallow for me to be concerned about a 7 lb. difference. But I worked HARD to lose those last 7 lbs. And I don't want to continue to slip backwards. That's why I posted this.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #6  
No description available.

No problems! Catching slides before they turn into HUGE regains is vital! I'd say planning your food is very important. Get back to basics, look at nutrition and keep tabs on bites, licks and tastes. Mix up your exercise a bit, try some intervals.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteen View Post
And yes I know that it probably looks quite shallow for me to be concerned about a 7 lb. difference.
I don't think so. At lower weights 7 pounds, even a couple pounds, can be more noticeable. I gained back about 5 pounds, and I don't know if it's noticeable to anyone looking at me, but it's *very* noticeable to me. Because it feels like it all went in my abdomen and it just feels crowded and bloated. And it's enough to put you out of your smallest pants.

Plus, the weight doesn't come back for no reason. If you're eating less well and exercising less, that in itself makes you feel worse. Just like at the beginning of weight loss, when you feel so much better even though you've only lost a little so far. It's the power of how you're eating and moving.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #8  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Changes in routine are hard. They are dangerous because you are out of your "normal".
You know what to do, and you know how to do it. You caught it early - with only a 7 lb. gain. You will be happy with losing 4 lbs - so, make a plan, and get back at it.

Keep us posted on your progress!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:00 AM   #9  
Maintainer

Thank you guys so much for your support. It means a *lot* to me. I don't know who else I could go to who would really understand.

Today has been a good day, in terms of eating. Not too restrictive, but not too heavy.

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow and let you guys know. (Even though it will probably still be 127). But yeah, accountability is so important.

Thanks again and I will keep you posted.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #10  
Maintainer

Weighed in today. Still 127. (No surprise there, but I want to stay accountable).

I'm bringing a big bottle of water to my class tonight, and an apple and/or a protein bar. (It's a four hour class).

Any other tips/encouragement is always appreciated. Thanks again.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:40 PM   #11  
Maintainer

I'm at 129 today. So terrible. I ate out last night, but I really don't think I consumed enough sodium to put on this much. Wow. Well, that's definitely a reality check. I need to be making some pretty big changes.

I feel awful. I can't believe I let myself slip so badly.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #12  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

nineteen, there is more sodium than you might think in restaurant food. It's easy, easy, to gain 2 pounds overnight. Just make sure you drink enough water so you flush out the salt, and stick with your plan for the next while--those 2 pounds will be history.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #13  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Jay is right. Eating out almost ALWAYS results in a 1-2 lb. gain for me. Drinking extra water and being vigilant with the calories for the next couple days usually results in a sudden scale drop

Don't let it get to you - just stay on plan, keep posting here and chin up
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:15 AM   #14  
Maintainer

Thanks you guys. I'm drinking tons of water! Eating very carefully. I'll let you know how I weigh in tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:20 AM   #15  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteen View Post
And yes I know that it probably looks quite shallow for me to be concerned about a 7 lb. difference. But I worked HARD to lose those last 7 lbs. And I don't want to continue to slip backwards. That's why I posted this.
Sweetie, your weight loss is whatever you want it to be. There is nothing shallow about being bothered by 7 pounds, as it is your opinion that matters! You did work really hard, so I can completely understand the stress. I will say don't beat yourself up for being human, these things happen. The great thing about you is that you are getting back on track and moving forward.

On the restaurant food thing, I always put on 3-6 pounds (8 on one memorable occasion) when I eat out, even when I eat pretty light. There is so much more sodium than we expect in everything...

Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote