South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 06:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beachin'

I promised Cyndi last night that I'd have the coffee ready this morning, and here it is.

Whew! I'm out on the sunporch, and the air is thick and muggy already. My DIL should be dropping off my grandson shortly, and he's going to keep us entertained all day. We're going to attempt to go out for breakfast and then get some groceries, so that should prove interesting. He's a very active little 2 year old and much, much different from the granddaughters.

For now, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy my morning coffee in peace. What do you all have in the works for today?
Old 08-15-2009, 07:03 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. It's cool in the house this morning and outside is pretty pleasant too. It is going to change soon though with another hot and muggy day predicted. I am soooo glad my AC is reconnected.

First on today's list is baking a peach pie that I promised to a summer visitor. I've been waiting until the kitchen was bearable - I don't think I've had the oven on for weeks. The guys may or may not be here today to work so I'll make some peach muffins too. I did get rid of some zucchini yesterday but need to do something with the remaining zeppelins. I guess I should be checking the zucchini plants twice a day and grabbing the zukes when they are first born. Zucchini cradle snatching!

Later today, I may take in the "Cornfest" in the next town. It's a sort of town festival to celebrate the corn harvest and has the usual bake sales, face painting, Bingo, street musicians. I may take Jazz along to get him further socialized - he went to Church last Sunday.

Cottage, I am going to take a cup of that coffee and sit on the front porch for a while contemplating the day.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:09 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just a quick run through this morning as we are out of here in a few minutes.

Ruth - we have a zucchini festival here with a zucchini sculpture contest

Cottage - have fun with the little one today! Thanks for the coffee!

Back later

Last edited by CyndiM; 08-15-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:31 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, have fun today. I well remember the energy levels of two year old boys..whew!!!! You will get your exercise, that's for sure!

Ruth, have fun pie baking! Wish I was closer...I'd come get come some of those zucs!!

Cyndi, have a fun weekend!

Me, just some house cleaning and working on school stuff. Had a really good first 2 days with my new kids and we even made a new friend on the playground the first day. It was nice to have an adventure right away and the kids loved it. So far a really sweet group!

One bad thing is that we don't have lunch till almost one o'clock! OMG, I thought I was going to starve on the first day. Before we had lunch at 11:40 and I was ok after having my turkey/spinach sandwich for breakfast. We did not have a break in the morning such as recess to eat a snack. Now, we have recess at 10:30 and I have to bring a snack now. Brought some cucumber sticks and a 1/2 a banana left over from breakfast and that did the trick. Also sent a note home to parents to send fruit, string cheese etc for a snack for their kids in the morning. 6 hours to go without eating is way too long for me and certainly too long for the kids. Yesterday, quite a few of them brought snacks and no one brought junk. I told them if they brought junk, they would have to just bring it home again.

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-15-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

We had a couple dogs wander up on The Hill this morning. Molly Dog barked her head off at 6:00 this morning. Auston's cousin spent the night. We all got up way too early. The boys are now laying on my bedroom floor 'zerberting' their arms and laughing. They are easily amused.

Cottage, Enjoy your grandson. Between tantrums, Auston was a really fun two-year-old.

Ruth, Peach pie sounds wonderful. I need to practice baking because I'm not very good at it.

Cyndi, Have too much fun on your trip! We'll miss you!

Cat, What a great class you have! My FIL found a highland box turtle. Auston enjoyed watching it, and was upset when it went back to the woods.

Me: My SIL invited us to go see Disney's Aladdin at the Alabama Theatre today. The Alabama Theatre has been beautifully restored -- think Gone with the Wind. It is famous for the Mighty Wurlitzer, a huge pipe organ. Every Christmas, they show White Christmas. Before the show, someone plays the organ and the whole audience sings Christmas carols. It's quite the adventure. But, Auston and Shepard (my nephew) are starting to spat and fight. A few more hours of them together it starting to sound unappealing.

Off to feed boys some breakfast...
Old 08-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ahh, happy Saturday everyone. You all are my first human contact of the day and I've had numerous chuckles and smiles already. What a great way to start the day! Thanks!

First, Cyndi, Bon Voyage!

Second, to the chuckles. Ruth, a zucchini zeppelin, my I can see it already. Cottage, I'm glad you are realistic in that you are going to ATTEMPT to go out for breakfast. Good luck, but I know you'll enjoy no matter what. Cat, let's both go to Ruths-you take the zeppelin and I'll have some pie. You are a true SB Gal. Chelby, "zerberting" seems a word for one with kids. Don't understand, but I know its silly.

Third, to the smiles. Cottage and Ruth, sitting on the porch. I'm coming soon. Cat, thanks for the pictures. My computer is slow and it was quite anticipatory. What a special day for young kids. Chelby, I'm trying to imagine a historic Alabama theater.

Cat, you didn't mention what you're doing today?

Me, I woke up to NPR telling me it's Saturday. It's my favorite day. I'm looking at the clock figuring my schedule to see how I can fit it all in and be home by 11 for my favorite radio show. Plan:bike to the bus, stop at the pool, reboard for farmers market, and back home. I do have some therapy dog work today so I can head west tomorrow to the Palisade Peach Festival. Yea!

I'll check back in. Thanks for all your support.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #7  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I forgot to tell you all something about a book I'm reading. I think anyone who is a parent or works in a school system, grandparents,anyone who has children around, should read this book. It's called "Little Sugar Addicts", about sugar sensitive kids.

The author started out as an alchohol counselor with about a 20% recovery rate. She did a lot of research, then started advising her clients to give up sugar first for a while before starting recovery. She then had a 92% recovery rate. I think it's not only helpful for children, but for adults too. She also states that sugar can actully cause depression that may turn into alcoholism (self medication for depression) She has a site that is also interesting in discussing sugar sensivity in adults. Many pages, but an interesting read.

Read the second paragraph on this page. Maybe that explains why some people get the "south beach flu" and others don't.

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-15-2009 at 09:44 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies:
Didn't survive the party last night unscathed crackers cheese puffs and little baked things with pepperoni oh and beer
We ran out of time to eat ahead of time so Today's a new day. also got a mani pedi yesterday my fingers are "high maintenance" and my toes are Shocking pink
I'm heading downstairs for a protein shake and maybe a quick round of watp am ouchie from the beer and the carbs so nothing too crazy till I can feel like Kierie again!
On the plate today lunch with a friend of ours whos about 80 looks 60 and runs around like he's 40 I love him he's my surrogate Grampa!
Linda have a great time with the little one!!
Ruth I'd love to take some Zuch or peach muffins (cough) off your hands so glad your AC is in order!! have fun at Cornfest
Cyn have a great time!!! and remember to breathe when the parents get Parental
Cat I'm so glad it's working out well and playground friends are as important for adults as kids!! I love that the kids aren't bringing junk!! Check out that site later
Chelb!!! Zerbert You watched the Cosby Show didn't you That theatre sounds great I love white christmas!!
Debbie Love NPR gets me up every day. . .This Morning I listened to the Saturday Morning Function and Part of the Rythm Review on our local Jazz blues station. .
now I'm going between ACDC and Metallica. . .have to wake up enough to get downstairs to have coffee!
Here's to a great day!
Kierie
Old 08-15-2009, 10:16 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Wow Kierie, what I night! OMG beer. I was operating on cruise control this AM, got half way to the pool and remembered I hadn't had my smoothie. UTurn. I'm drinking and checking in and was anxious for a swimsuit report. All my years in Alaska it was either NPR or Rush L. No tv. Its such a part of me my day doesn't start too well w/o it. My fav show is Wait Wait...

Have a mellow day. It should be quite rewarding to get back on track.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:00 AM   #10  

cottage - Enjoy your grandson. I don't know that I have the patience for two year olds any more. I got enough of 12 year olds squabbling yesterday.

Ruth - I remember one year in my old house when I had an incredible amount of zucchini. I shredded it and baked up a ton of zucchini bread (made with semisweet chocolate chips - YUM) and then I froze the extra bread and ate it all winter. At this house I've never been successful with squash.

Cyndi - Have a great weekend!

Cat - That's late for lunch especially for kids. I hope the parents continue to provide healthy snacks.

Chelby - Aladdin sounds like fun. I had the same problem yesterday. Two of the boys got tired of the other boy and his 9 year old sister and just wanted some time alone. The other two kids had invited themselves over and I hate to tell them to leave because they are home alone. From talking to the little girl she doesn't know where her mom is but overheard a conversation that made her think she was in jail. They are nice kids but Brian is just getting a little tired of them. One more week and everyone will be back in school.

Lexxis - Sounds like fun plans today.

Kierie - I would have been fine yesterday if the boys hadn't wanted chocolate chip cookies.

Me - I'm not sure what I'm up to today. I crashed late last night and Brian was still up so I'm letting him sleep in this morning. I probably need to see what clothes he needs for school. Next weekend is tax free weekend but he will be with his dad and the stores are a madhouse then anyway.

He had his physical yesterday and is up 3 inches and 23 pounds in the last year. About 18% on the height chart and 76 on the weight chart but that's better than previously so his doctor is fine. They did not tell me he needed to fast for labwork (and I ASKED ahead of time) so I have to bring him back next week to have blood drawn.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #11  

Good morning all!

I'm just waking up. Not too much going on here today. Just waiting for the sun to come out. My Mom is supposed to be discharged today and she already has a laundry list of places she wants to go before I take her home.

May you all have a wonderful Saturday.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

we popped home had lunch out with a friend grilled shrimp and baby arugula soo good.
I didn't get to eat anything post protein shake DH came home and we started running which we'll resume once we cool off from all the errands
Barb that's so sad about those kids' Mom and also to be alone at the house
i can't resist choc chips either!
Hey Sunshire!
Lex I love Morning Edition our local guy has the best name! Syterius Johnson! that or the Jazz Station is necessity when I get up
I can't do any opinionated Pundits first thing. . .Whether I agree with them or not I get ticked off and don't start the day on the right foot!
Kierie
Old 08-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Debbie - I love Wait, wait. We save them up and listen to them when we are on the road

My 2 minutes is up. I need to plug the computer we just got my Mom in and start updating it. There's no way I'm doing that on her awful dial-up internet. I'm just glad I finally bought her a new one. We've been reconditioning old ones for years and the maintainence finally got to me. Now I'm just hoping my brother and daughter agree and kick in
Old 08-15-2009, 05:23 PM   #14  

I managed to get Brian to Walmart for a couple of jeans and then we both got new sneakers at Academy. His were worn out and he needed to go up to a 9! That's big feet on a kid who is only 56 inches tall. We picked up a used guitar at Gamestop for Rock Band so now 4 people can play at one time. One plays guitar and one bass. It's too hot to want to do anything outside.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:27 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

Sounds like everyone is having a nice day today.

I am tired and I need to get moving I have a parent meeting for ds HS football team tonight at 6 p.m.

I worked out this morning to Turbo Jam and that kicked my behind, then I weeded the whole yard and then cleaned the whole house, can you say Tired!!!!

The great news is I am on Day 12 of Clean Phase 1, I will move into Phase 2 on Tuesday. I got on the scale today, haven't lost anymore since last week, but haven't gained and its TOM time so I figure that is good news, hopefully next Saturday will show a down trend.

I found a car last night I am going to get a used 2007 Focus I found, it only has 18K miles on it and it is in the price range I was looking for. It gets 37 miles on the highway so my green side can breathe a sigh of relief. I really wanted to get a PT Cruiser but couldn't justify the 24 mpg for Hwy. So we will be a Ford family as we all have Ford's.

Okay I better run got to get dinner on the table before leaving. Have a great evening everyone
Closed Thread