South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 06:04 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Fantastic, Fabulous, Fret-free Friday ....

....and all other good F stuff. Once again I woke too darned early and have been out on the back deck watching Friday arrive. It's beautifully cool with the remains of the moon and Mars (I think) in the eastern sky. Or is it Venus this time of year?

Yesterday was another day of chaos with guys in and out until they finally all left around three. I had my nap then. (It's amazing how a 20 minute nap can refresh you.) The shower is now in place and looks really funny with no walls. I think the plumbing will happen today but we'll see. What I really want is the AC back because the heat is going to be brutal over the weekend and into Monday. I'm hoping the darned inspector gets here today so we can backfill and then get the AC installed.

If I sound frustrated, it's because I am! I think the dogs are coping better than I am. Get over it, Ruthie.

Anybody want some cucumbers or zucchini? I am loaded and have about a dozen spaghetti squash developing too. Not a sign of a red tomato yet though. What a very strange year for the gardens! I usually make ratatouille to freeze this time of year but will have to make it with canned tomatoes.

So ....TGIF and make some fun plans for the weekend. I am going to "Cornfest" breakfast in a nearby town first thing tomorrow morning. What's on your agenda?
Old 08-14-2009, 06:23 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth let me pour you another cup I'm sure it feels like a very long couple of weeks. Here's hoping the AC is back in today and things continue to move along.

Cottage - I know we are going to post at the same time Hope you have a pool day planned because I'm sure the heat will be even worse there.

Debbie - Hope your drive was pleasant. If you have to do all that driving I'm sure it helps when the weather is good and the scenery is lovely. Do you listen to audio books or music or just enjoy the quiet? I find I like non-fiction when driving. Don't know why but that's what I usually choose.

Kierie - I admire people who exercise the morning. All I can do is pour coffee and wake up

Chelby - He is so cute How did he like it? How are you this morning?

Schmoodle - Hope today is better. Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing about our Weezle. Hmmmm

Barb - Hope you get a little quiet time too Sounds like a lot of fun for the kids though and they actually let you participate, the greatest compliment a preteen can give.

Sunshine - Way to go with the Shred! Hope your Mom gets home soon.

Pearl - Good to see you back and way to go with 9 days clean!

Xan - Hey, good news is always good. Some of us need a shake up to get on track. Nice to see you in the daily

Okay, a seriously crazy first day of vacation ahead. I have a car appt. at 7:30 then about a million errands and tasks to take care of. I have two days to get through the list before heading off to NY and the land with no internet.

Have to move, but I'll stop back in later.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning all!

Positive thinking goes a long way, Ruth, and I hope it follows through all day and the electrician can finally get your air conditioner hooked up before your heat wave. Sorry, I can't help you out on the cukes and zukes, we have plenty of our own that we're trying to keep up with. Lots of eggplant and tomatoes, too. Too bad I can't trade you tomatoes for some Swiss chard. Mine won't be ready for a few weeks yet.

Let's see, my agenda for today. I have to go over to Cindy's extra early this morn, as she's away for the weekend. We stayed home all day yesterday and did a lot of baking and played board games, so we're getting out today. It's Amber's birthday today, she's turning 9, and we may get together with her and my DIL to do something fun.

We'll have Tyler all day tomorrow, so that's going to keep us very busy. He's turned from a very easy-going, laid back baby, into a very active, into everything 2 year old. I'll be looking for a nice glass or two of wine by the end of the day, I'm sure.

ETA -

You were right, Cyndi! It's actually quite pleasant here today, but the humidity is what's going to make things uncomfortable later. We may all end up here at my house for a pool day if it gets too bad. Happy vacation!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-14-2009 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:06 AM   #4  

Talking

I am so glad it is Friday!! On my way to WI, If I have lost it will be a good day and if I have not it will be a long weekend for me. I don't know how you do with out the a/c. I think I might have to rent a portable unit!
Hope you have a good day.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:14 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Popping in super fast! I have to go shave my legs ARRRRRGGGGG we have a party tonight and our friends have a hot tub Bathing suit any1? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG
I'm focussing a lot more on Protien to quell the cookie monster
(did I mention that doesn't include sf pb cookies? those are ok )
bbl I hope!
Kierie
Old 08-14-2009, 07:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday! Hooray!!!

Ruth, Have you ever heard of the 'squeaky wheel'? Tell the inspector you are sleeping at his house this weekend!

Cyndi, Enjoy your errands today. Maybe you can even stop for a yummy coffee.

Cottage, Hope Amber has a great birthday! Will you make cake?

Smiley, Love the PIG! Nice to meet you!

KO, I had a pool party earlier in the year. Just stayed in the deep end...

Me: I am feeling much better about life today. Hooray! Auston is ready for school again. Hope he's still ready in a month.

Auston's cousin, Shepard, who also started Kindergarten yesterday is spending the night tonight. They have so much fun together. I'm putting Jeff and Auston in charge of getting a movie today. We may go to the public pool tomorrow.

Anyway, hope you all have a great Friday.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:52 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All

Yesterday went pretty well and I'm looking forward to planning for my day today without a 300 mile drive. Glad to be back. The dogs are sitting outside in the cool but I thought I'd stop here first and say hi.

Ruth, have a great day. What is a cornfest?

Xan, I'm glad you got good news from the doc. I've been meaning to ask how you are feeling now on SB? I bought a new Weight Watchers scale for home, but I still use my Dr style scale at the health club. The last thing I need is yo yo scaling.

Smiley, nice to meet you and same goes about the scale.

Pearlrose, you rock on P1!!! Sorry about the car.

Chelby, Auston is so cute. I truly saw in his face that his huge accomplishment is shown in his Mamas tears.Glad you feel better today.

Schmoodle, I hope you are feeling better.

Barb, are you and Don still doing things now that Brian is home?

Sunshine, I was thinking of your Mom. Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are doing great, too.

Kierie, good luck w/your pool party.

Cottage, enjoy your day. I've been thinking of Lisa, too.

Cyndi, good luck getting everything done. I'm going to miss you every morning. Were your vegies good? I'm going to start the dehydrator today. I like non fiction, too, but yesterday my pet therapy friend went with. So it was chatty.

ETA-Cat

I'm going to grab another cup of coffee and join the dogs. I need to figure out what this day will bring. I have to do some stuff to my bike, so maybe I'll go to the club and do something there. Note:just checked the schedule no good classes, maybe I'll ride the exercise bike and watch tv, then go swim. I'm starting to look at 199 so need to keep up the good work.

See you all later.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-14-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #8  

Lexxiss - Don came over the other night while the kids were here for a bit. He's been spending as much time as he can with his ex-girlfriend's son (that he raised from 6mo old). He also can't hang around here much because he is allergic to the cat.

Chelby - Sounds like a lot of fun for the boys. When he gets ready to go into first grade, I hope you will consider Cub Scouts. Brian really enjoyed it although he loves Boy Scouts even more.

Kierie - I don't let it bother me how I look in a suit. This time of year they are often on sale.

I'd love some of the extra produce but you guys are just too far away.

Cub Scout Roundtable/Program Preview was a lot of fun. Brian was a big help as the doors were locked early so he let a lot of people in the building and he worked in the day care. We had a good turnout. Today Brian has his physical but I think he's going to try to have some friends come over too.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:40 AM   #9  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Just a quick pop in -- I have to go to school for meetings, and do chores (laundry grocery store, etc.)

Debbie R -- thanks for asking. I feel GREAT on South Beach. I definitely feel better when I don't eat bread (or wheat products) AND with low sugar. (Although my sugar tested perfectly normal.) Cutting down on caffeine, too. I really think SB is the way to live.

My scale is still acting funky. It makes no sense that it weighed me at 274 y esterday morning (no clothes, no food or water) and, two hours later at the docgtor's, AFTER eating breakfast, drinking 8 ounces of water, and wearing clothes AND shoes, I was 276. I'm really considering going back to WW just for the weighing (but eating South Beach). That way I can toss the scale and only weigh once a week, and I'm reasonably certain it's accurate. I've tried about a half-dozen scales (including the WW ones) and they all go kerflewy after awhile. The one I have now is a Taylor precision, and I thought it was accurate -- until this week.

I envy all of you with your biking and pool trips. I'd do that when I was in my 30s. I can't imagine putting on a swimsuit again, but who knows? Next year.....

I hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by Xan; 08-14-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:56 PM   #10  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hi. My name's Lisa, and I'm a Potato/Choco/Cheese-aholic.

No need for an intervention. I'm just having a hard time and I'm poorer than dirt (is dirt poor?) and I'm hurting. Tom and Little Guy not only left 4 weeks ago and went to Florida, but Tom broke up with me a week ago. Don't really want to go into detail. Let's just leave it at: we still love each other, we're still "family," but we're not together right now, and there's no promise of reconcile.

So I'm heart-broken. I am on an anti-depressant and still have to take something for sleep every night, but even though I fall asleep easily, I don't stay asleep. I'm left with a lot of debt and very little income, stuck in a lease until the end of November.

That's where I've been. Any prayers you can send up for me are appreciated. Thanks girls.

Lisa
Old 08-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Lisa - It's good to hear from you. I'm so sorry to hear about your last month Please take good care of you
Old 08-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Cyndi.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:01 PM   #13  

Oh, Lisa, I'm sending lots of prayers your way. I can only imagine how much you are hurting right now.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Weezle, I am so sorry. Take care of you, Friend.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Bummer, Weezle. Knowing you though, you'll bounce back. Don't be a stranger, OK?
Closed Thread