General chatter - NFL kickoff challenge

View Full Version : NFL kickoff challenge

david
08-14-2009, 04:16 AM
I just got home from the raider cowboys game....for me the football season goes by really fast so i was thinking this would make a great challenge....my goal is to lose 1 1/2 lbs per week until the super bowl...so ill say 35 lbs total cuz with preseasonason its about 23 weeks...as you can see by my picture, im a raider fan (even though we suck)...so we can talk about football and or weight loss

EZMONEY
08-14-2009, 08:38 AM
We don't suck David...just having an off decade!

May your losses be more than our Raiders!

mayness
08-14-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm in! This is perfect timing -- I've just started doing some research for my fantasy football leagues, and I'm getting so excited about the upcoming season. :D

I'm hoping to be at my goal by the superbowl. I have about 20 more pounds to lose, so that's about a pound a week.

I don't have a favorite team - I'm from Rochester NY originally but never really caught on to the Bills. I'll be watching closer than usual though, to see how things go with T.O.! :cool: Now I live in Ithaca NY where most people are from other parts of the country/world (it's a college town full of students, grad students, post docs, professors, etc.). But the locals seem to mostly be Jets fans. They're training in Cortland this year, just across the road from where my husband works.

Slashnl
08-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh yes! I want to be a part of this. I'm going with the same goal as you, so that would put me at 220 for the Superbowl. I would be very excited for that!

However..... I am a Bronco fan...... and I know how we feel about the Raiders and how the Raiders feel about us. But I think we can get along. ;) I get along with EZ as a Dodger fan and me as a Rockies fan. Of course, who knows how the Broncos will be this year. I'm not expecting much, so I probably won't be disappointed.

david
08-14-2009, 02:32 PM
im getting excited!!! this is the first year i can remember that i feel like my team is going to be crappy...i have no expectations, but i will enjoy the games...it pays to stay loyal when your team is bad because its that much sweeter when they become successful..slashni ive been to a couple of games in denver and its a great place to watch football...i dont mean the stadium, im talking about the fans...have a great day

Slashnl
08-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Good attitude David. That's the approach I'm taking this year. Whatever good happens will just be a bonus.

run2bstrong
08-14-2009, 03:53 PM
I love football! Since I live in central Missouri, I pretty much root evenly for the Chiefs or Rams. The Rams play tonight at the Meadowland, looking forward to that. We better stock up on healthy snacks!!

Carol:carrot:

Clydegirl
08-14-2009, 04:24 PM
I really don't know much about American Football coming from across the pond but we live in Rams country.

My youngest decided she wanted to go to an NFL game for her birthday. So my husband got tickets through his work. We will be going to the Rams /Vikings game in October. Should be fun. I hope they do better this year as they were pretty awful last year.

I do watch the games on TV but some things I'm not too sure about.

david
08-15-2009, 04:48 PM
clyde , a lot of people who are from countries that play soccer have trouble embracing american football...they say that theres too much time in between the action...it can be complicated, but there are websites that help break it down and make it easier to understand...google "football 101" and youll find lots of links to sites about the basics

JerseyGyrl
08-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Here we go STEELERS....Here we go!!!:dancer::woohoo:

Clydegirl
08-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks David.

Luckily my oh is American so he usually explains things to me if I'm not sure.

He is a big Jaguars fan.

CountingDown
08-15-2009, 06:40 PM
OK, I live in MI, so I gotta say this ONCE, and then you can laugh me off the thread

:cheer: Go Lions! :cheer:

:o

EZMONEY
08-15-2009, 08:15 PM
:rofl::lol3::lol::crazy::crazy::lol::lol3::rofl:

EZMONEY
08-15-2009, 08:16 PM
;) They have to win one this year SCOOTER :hug:

david
08-16-2009, 03:14 AM
counting, im a raider fan, i cant say anything...plus i read that the lions may be the most improved team

Slashnl
08-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Looks like we are having quarterback issues... again... still. I miss John Elway!

run2bstrong
08-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Okay, no offense, but I had to laugh at the Detriot Lions post.:D:D

My teams are 1 for 1 in preseason play. The Rams beat the Jets and the Chiefs lost. I hope my weight loss for this week doesn't end up even.

Carol

hopeandfaith
08-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Goodness.....I was so glad to see some fellow dieters are also Raider fans. My husband played for the Raiders from mid 60's to early 70's. We seemed to always be in the playoffs then, and even went to the Super Bowl in 68.....We have had great teams since then, but the last several years, it has been sad to watch them. I have high hopes this year, as does my husband and son. My husband in TN and our son in GA will be wearing out their recliners and having fun yelling at the tv. I am ready for some football for sure....as well as for losing weight..... Again, so glad to see faithful Raider fans.:carrot:

EZMONEY
08-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Maybe we will get our own RAIDER NATION here.

How exciting for you hopeandfaith to be a part of some of the good years.

I have to confess....just a little bit of my heart roots for the Chargers, last year and this, since my daughter in law is a Charger Girl...would love for her to experience the Super Bowl.

david
08-17-2009, 02:54 PM
fantasy football draft this saturday...money to be made!!! even if you know nothing about football the internet makes fantasy football something that anyone can do...i need to start doing better on the weekends with my food intake...its disappointing because i feel like i havent learned anything and if i quit were to quit now id probably gain it all back

tikanique
08-18-2009, 02:43 PM
My Titans won both their pre-season games and the Steelers won their first match up. I dread September 10 when my two teams face each other. I'll probably go to a movie and just hear about the results later.

david
08-18-2009, 03:52 PM
i could never like 2 teams...the most important games to me are my teams games and the games that can help my team

tikanique
08-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Liking two teams was an accident. I'm a lifelong Steeler fan. Then Tennessee just HAD to go get a pro team and being that I am a loyal Tennessee person I had to like them too. When I moved to Michigan I started liking the Red Wings and then Nashville got the Predators. To make matters worse my two fav hockey teams always play each other in the first playoff series. Thankfully I only love one college team - The Vols!!!

marbear24
08-18-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm in! I'd like to loose 1.5 lbs per game until the super bowl. That would put me at... 190 after 35 lbs. I'll make my goal 195 since I'm starting a week late...

Slashnl - I'm also a Broncos fan. :cool: I play nice though, I promise ;)

Looks like we are having quarterback issues... again... still. I miss John Elway!

Haha. I second that! Looks like we're also having "loose 1/2 of a running back per game" issues again. Ooof!

OK, I live in MI, so I gotta say this ONCE, and then you can laugh me off the thread

:cheer: Go Lions! :cheer:

:o

The Dolphins came back strong(er) this past season, this year it's your turn!

marbear24
08-18-2009, 04:38 PM
I feel like this would be a good "contest" - the NFC vs. the AFC to see who could loose more weight... though from what I've seen the AFC has more people on this thread by far ... Can we recruit some people?

Slashnl
08-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Good idea Marbear!

So, Raider fans, what do you think of the new discipline technique for coaches? ;)

EZMONEY
08-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Good idea Marbear!

So, Raider fans, what do you think of the new discipline technique for coaches? ;)

Reminds me of the old days :carrot:

As far as liking two teams....what about my dilema...

RAIDER FAN FOREVER :carrot:

FAVORITE PLAYER ~ Peyton Manning ~ COLTS

FAVORITE CHEERLEADER ~ Daughter In Law ~ CHARGERS

tikanique
08-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh wow EZ, you got interests all over the place!!!

EZMONEY
08-18-2009, 09:47 PM
I know this will be close to your heart TIKI...but when I saw Peyton interviewed after his '96 Citrus Bowl victory....he was expected to be the #1 pick in the NFL...but he said he owed it to Tennessee to honor his scholarship and was coming back...

I told my son..."That kid is going to be my favorite player!"

Peyton has never let me down!

It gets better...

As far as my cheer leading daughter in law goes...She is in her 2nd year and probably last (grand babies...hope-hope) with the Chargers...having been a USC cheerleader for 4 years....anyway she is in a commercial with Peyton right now for Direct TV...if you see it, it has a lot of cheerleaders in in...Dallas, San Diego, etc. When it is about 1/2 way done Peyton leans into the camera and says...you aren't watching on regular TV are you? then you see a blond cheerleader then my dil and then a quick close up of her face.....she is the brunette.

tikanique
08-18-2009, 09:52 PM
SUH-WEET!!! I'll look for it. Here's a bit of Peyton trivia for you. In college he couldn't match his clothes. His mom matched up his suits, ties, shirts, took photos and gave them to him so he could figure out how to dress for important occasions. He's a good guy and I was so amazed when he decided to come back the following year and so HAPPY that he got picked up by a good team and has done well since. BUT he plays for the Colts now so he gets no love (well, not much love).

Slashnl
08-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Did you also know that the Colorado Rockies beloved 1st baseman, Todd Helton, once was a quarterback at Tennessee? Switched to baseball exclusively when Peyton started to shine.

Little bit of trivia for you.

EZMONEY
08-19-2009, 08:42 PM
I did know that!

Slashnl
08-20-2009, 12:47 PM
EZ, you are just so smart! Or just really good at trivia.

david
08-20-2009, 02:35 PM
fantasy football draft this saturday night...i havent done any homework yet...thank god for the internet...all the info can be downloaded and printed...i just realized theres not enough time in the day

mayness
08-20-2009, 04:03 PM
fantasy football draft this saturday night...i havent done any homework yet...thank god for the internet...all the info can be downloaded and printed...i just realized theres not enough time in the day

Good luck!

One of my leagues has an online draft on Labor Day.. and I can set it up to be automatic if I want. This is a new league, with my school/work friends, and I have no idea how knowledgeable the other people are so I don't really know what I'm up against.

The other is in person, in my home town (2 hrs away) and we haven't set a date yet. :dizzy: The "commissioner" for that league always wants to make everyone happy, but there is NO time that ALL 12 of us can do it... he hates being the bad guy, but he just has to suck it up and pick a time. Can you tell it's driving me crazy?!? :p It's a tough one because we play with up to 2 keepers (they act as your first and second round pick) but I have no one worth keeping this year... so I'm trying to guess at who everyone else will keep so I can figure out who I want to draft first.

david
08-21-2009, 07:09 AM
mayness...ive discoverd that its not what happens on draft night thats important...its the forst couple of moves after the season starts...that auto pick may not be such a bad idea

run2bstrong
08-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Tonight is Rams night. Oh how I wish I had a dish or cable and we can't get FOX to come in. Guess I'll have to watch it on the internet. Not the same but I can at least follow the plays.

Carol

run2bstrong
08-22-2009, 07:54 AM
Well, both the Chiefs and the Rams lost last night.:censored:

Carol

david
08-22-2009, 07:58 PM
the chiefs have amani toomer, hes from around here,,,delasalle high...i see his dad at the raider games every week...fantasy draft in 2 hrs

david
08-24-2009, 03:12 PM
fantasy draft went well...only problam was, my co owner couldnt be here so i had to do all the writing down myself...its a little hectic so i made 2 mistakes in a row by picking guys that have already been drafted...if you do that you have to drink a shot...2 shots for that and 1 shot for drafting a rookie...hangar 9 vodka...BTW its very good vodka and went down smooth...anyway drew brees is going to lead us to the promised land!!!

Slashnl
08-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Maybe I should do fantasy football. I'm certain that the Broncos are not going to have a fantasy year....
So sad.

david
08-25-2009, 03:58 PM
slash..dont come crying to me!!weve been sooo bad for sooo long that i have no expectations

run2bstrong
08-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Yeah!! The Rams won last night. I'm a winner too. I've lost a couple of pounds this week but don't officially weigh in until Sunday.

Carol

marbear24
08-28-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm down 2.5lbs. Whee!

Brandon Marshall has been suspended for undisclosed reasons. *sigh* I wish I could hate football sometimes...

david
08-28-2009, 02:53 PM
mar hes my 5th pick in the fantasy draft..congrats on the 2.5....now ive gotta see how long hes out...raider game tomorrow...preseason is a necessary evil

EZMONEY
08-29-2009, 09:26 PM
I can't bear to watch DAVID.....son called me at work to tell me 0-31 at the half....and it got worse...thank goodness for Little League game tonight...Local boys going to the championship!

Morrobay1990
08-29-2009, 09:49 PM
OK, transplanted Eagles fan, lived in SF BA during the '9ers best years. Now in Texas - HATE the 'Boys. Hate Vick w/the Eagles, so back to supporting the '9ers - poor guys. Losing right now to Dallas 10-3.

Morrobay1990
08-29-2009, 10:09 PM
'9ers just tied it at 10...would love to see 'em beat the Cowboys in their new stadium

nooch
08-30-2009, 04:26 AM
Yayyyy, NFL thread :D

I'm a born & raised Giants fan living in Cowboy country. Seriously, we have an entire Cowboys store in the mall.

And we just gave a solidly mediocre QB 100m :(

david
08-31-2009, 12:45 AM
with the first pick of the 2010 nfl draft, the oakland raiders select...

marbear24
08-31-2009, 07:41 AM
*sigh*

run2bstrong
08-31-2009, 02:50 PM
I lost 2.4 lbs. this week.

Who was the moron that designed the Cowboys stadium. What were they thinking making the big screen so low?!

Carol

david
08-31-2009, 03:08 PM
thank god its only preseason!!!

Slashnl
08-31-2009, 04:13 PM
*sigh*

Not much that I can add to that. I'm right there with you, marbear.

EZMONEY
08-31-2009, 10:52 PM
with the first pick of the 2010 nfl draft, the oakland raiders select...

Maybe we won't have to select anybody David...maybe they'll just let us give Heyward-Bey back.

david
09-01-2009, 04:03 PM
well right now hes better than crabtree!!

david
09-02-2009, 02:15 PM
cant wait for regular season...believe it or not, i can actually do better on my diet when i go to the games, also i have a friend that i watch most of the road games with...we have food, but we dont go overboard...hope everyone is doing well

david
09-04-2009, 04:01 PM
ez i was listening to the game last night and in the postgame wrapup they started talking about the raiders beating the chargers on mon night and getting a head start on winning the division....HUH???

EZMONEY
09-04-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm sorry david....what did you say those announcers were smoking?

EZMONEY
09-04-2009, 07:15 PM
oh but wouldn't it be a piece of heaven if...if....just once again we could beat them....if only.....

Rocha
09-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Speaking of having an off decade...go Buffalo! :D

david
09-09-2009, 04:11 PM
didnt buffalo get TO...**** make it exciting...another 3 day weekend for me...raiders play monday night...im trying to get this diet thing going again...did well yesterday...if i can do well on the weekends, the weekdays are a breeze...or should i say brees...little fantasy humor...hope everyone is doing well...right now my ticker is lying!!!

MrsToBe
09-09-2009, 04:25 PM
This is great! I can't wait to lose some lbs during the season.

GO BEARS!

marbear24
09-11-2009, 03:58 PM
I hate football. I hate football. I hate football.

Think if I tell myself that enough it will work?

Nah, I didn't think so either.

So. I'm a Broncos fan. I know my team isn't going to win the superbowl this year. ****, we're not even going to win the AFC West. I know this. I've accepted it. So WHY am I getting so frustrated with people talking about how much we suck? Or when people rate our defense LAST for fantasy projections? WE HAVE A NEW DEFENSE. YOU CAN'T USE LAST YEAR'S NUMBERS TO RATE IT!

DAH!
Ok. I'm done now.

But I have a feeling this season may make the scale go up instead of down. Drinking tends to be quite caloric.

Sorry for the rant...

david
09-11-2009, 04:01 PM
mar other than the titans and steelers, everyone has the same record...at least you didnt pick brandon marshal for your fantasy team...i hope...

marbear24
09-11-2009, 04:03 PM
David - I didn't even do fantasy this year. Haha. Thank god. I would have had had a heart attack, as I tend to be loyal to the Broncos when drafting.

utgirl09
09-11-2009, 04:32 PM
If everyone has the same record except for the Titans and the Steelers, then the Titans have the worst record in the league. :cry: But it is only the start of the season, and I have 2 teams.

GO COLTS
GO TITANS

david
09-12-2009, 01:11 PM
mar i think ill wait a week before i start brandon marshall

EZMONEY
09-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Are you ready for some football?

Hope my Raiders are....

scary.....

david
09-14-2009, 01:55 AM
EZ im afraid itll be more of the same...all we can do is hope

Slashnl
09-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Hey, winning with a luck is ok, isn't it? Wow, what a strange ending to the Bronco/Bengals game.

I'm happy with the Broncos defense and I'm hoping that the offense comes along with some more practices and playing time. I know they aren't going to be great, but I was pleased with the defense!!

marbear24
09-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Slas - I was very impressed by the defense. Then I had to make sure I was talking about the Broncos... good defense, bad offense... WTF? I'm holding onto the shred of hope that they go out adn get Jeff Garcia. He's old, but he's proven himself in a few place. He's got to be better than what was on the field yesterday!

Slashnl
09-14-2009, 03:31 PM
He's got to be better than what was on the field yesterday!

You mean we can't rely on unbelievable tips of the ball to win every game? ha!

david
09-14-2009, 05:14 PM
bet bronco fans loved jay cutlers debut

marbear24
09-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Dude. It's bad when it looks like the Broncos got the better end of the Cutler/Orton deal...

Slashnl
09-14-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm in a football pool and the only 2 games I picked based solely on emotion were the Broncos game and the Bears game. It was sweet to see those 4 interceptions from Cutler.

I'm so mature!

EZMONEY
09-14-2009, 11:47 PM

I'm so mature!

Says who? ;)

I am pretty sure I have just seen the worst call I have ever seen...it was a touchdown!!!....:mad:....am so happy the way my Raiders are playing those chargers for the first half...

EZMONEY
09-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Can you believe the end of the Bills-Patriots...what was that guy thinking?

david
09-15-2009, 04:52 AM
just got home from the raider game...if jamarcus could throw more accurately we wouldnt be talking about the refs

Slashnl
09-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Hey Gary, I was telling my husband after that touchdown that I couldn't believe they were reviewing it... it was an obvious touchdown. What in the heck did they see that I didn't? He took 2-3 steps with the ball in hand, landed on his backside with the ball in hand, and then rolled onto the ground and the GROUND pushed the ball out. What a ridiculous call.

I was surprised at both games. I really thought they would be blowouts. But the Chargers and the Patriots weren't looking so snappy last night either. Fun games.

EZMONEY
09-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Yep DIANE I thought it was a TD...my son had several Charger buddies call and tell him "you was robbed".....

DAVID is right though...a few complete passes (WHO are YOU throwing to?) and forget about the "prevent you from winning defense"....

things would have been different.

Slashnl
09-16-2009, 11:01 AM
I have to make my football picks soon. I'm so confused. I think it is hard to tell if teams were just having the first game errors, or if they really aren't as good as we thought. Then there are the teams that performed better than I thought. A fluke or are they really good?

I'm overthinking this....

marbear24
09-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Slashnl - Find a gumball machine that dispenses those little nfl helmets and go with that. Haha, you may just get somewhere. Last year I did that before pre-season began and I got a Titans helmet. I laughed my as* off - becuase the Titans? Really? They ended up doing pretty well last year. I didn't win the whole thing, but I made some people look stupid along the way!

EZMONEY
09-16-2009, 08:37 PM
DIANE I would advise against those gumball helmets MARBEAR suggests...they won't fit your head....it's a waste of $$$$

david
09-17-2009, 05:14 AM
btw the diet is going well...(who cares)

marbear24
09-17-2009, 09:47 AM
EZ - :) I like my helmets, thank you very much! Otherwise I bet on teams for emotional reasons and I end up betting on the Broncos! That never leads anywhere... Sigh...

David - Glad to hear the diet is going well!

Slashnl
09-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Yep, you're doing great David. I will be checking next Monday to see if I'm doing some good. I was sick for a few weeks, so I didn't see much loss during those weeks.

david
09-17-2009, 12:53 PM
slash for a while i forgot this was a weightloss sight!!!

EZMONEY
09-17-2009, 09:44 PM
DAVID maybe you and I should have a goal to lose a pound for every point we give up in the "prevent us from winning defense!"

MARBEAR I pick with emotions too...that's why I am all screwed up...Radier fan for life...Peyton Manning my favorite player....and daughter in law a Charger Cheerleader...so I have to "want" them to win so she can go to the Super Bowl...it's a hard knock life!

D...I'm thinkin' maybe we should stick to baseball....

Slashnl
09-18-2009, 02:07 PM
DAVID D...I'm thinkin' maybe we should stick to baseball....

Probably should. Now I'm all stressed out about my picks. I changed my mind on one of them, but found out that once I "save" my picks, I can't change them. Dang.

EZMONEY
09-18-2009, 06:17 PM
That's what Angie said when I married her D...saved/no changing!

Slashnl
09-19-2009, 11:55 AM
Ha Ha, Gary. I know how that is..... ;)

david
09-19-2009, 01:34 PM
i lost 3 lbs..going to stay on plan this weekend

Slashnl
09-20-2009, 02:18 PM
You go, David! I'm not doing nearly as well as you!

EZMONEY
09-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Well our receivers have been open....where is he throwing?

If these penalties keep up I am going to lose not only my breakfast and lunch but also future dinner....weight loss unwanted!

dang RAIDERS

EZMONEY
09-20-2009, 04:14 PM
OMGoodness! JaMarcus completed a pass...to one of our players!...and it was HUGE!!!

Just WON Ba-beeee!!!

david
09-20-2009, 05:51 PM
its not HOW you win!!!

EZMONEY
09-20-2009, 06:24 PM
As we always say David when asked about our game plan... just GO DEEP!

EZMONEY
09-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Well my son, dil, daughter and sil all left the Charger game sad...my son being a Raider fan, like his daddy, wasn't ALL sad...but really wanted a win for his wife so THEY can go to the Super Bowl....she cheered her butt off...caught a couple of shots of her...

Did I mention my daughter in law is "benched" for the game next week?

Slashnl
09-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Gary, why is your daughter in law benched? They do that in cheerleading?

Broncos played well. I'm happy about that. I was very glad to see the Raiders pull it out and win, I had them winning on my football pool. Had the darn Cowboys won last night, I would have won the pool this week. But, it wasn't meant to be.

EZMONEY
09-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Gary, why is your daughter in law benched? They do that in cheerleading?

Evidently they do! She has never missed a practice in the 2 years she has been a Charger Girl....let me tell you they practice a lot! And have a lot of public appearances....some for a little $$$ but most for nothing. Their pay is minimal....but not why she does it...anyway....she is a high school teacher and there was a practice on Back To School Night...a must to be there if you are a teacher...anyway she told them ahead of time....said she would come in and make the time up or stay late...etc...but it was too bad so sad for her...and another cheerleader teacher with the same problem.

She has to go to the game ahead of time as always...do the 3 hour practice as always before the game...then sit in the stands and take notes (seriously....take notes on girls waving pom-poms?) ...then go back with team after the game. She will sit with my son which is a good thing....except he had already given that ticket out to his good buddy! Now...they have ticket issues...trading and flip-flopping...

If you want to see her PM me...anybody...and I will link you up to her picture on the website and you can see a brief picture of her in the video and a brief calendar pic.

Slashnl
09-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Well, that's crazy. It isn't like cheerleading is a full time job. While I understand that they need to have them attend the practices, sometimes you have to work around the important schedules of the job that REALLY pays you!

Oh well.

I didn't win in my football pool last week. We had a 4 way tie, but I didn't win the tie-breaker. But, I'm still leading the overall points. Yay me! We'll see how it goes this week. I'm not sure who I'll pick.

EZMONEY
09-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Are you going to pick Denver over Oakland D?

JustBeckyV
09-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Big time Steelers fan here! Late getting in on the thread but there is still a lot of season left. I also do Fantasy Football.

Slashnl
09-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Are you going to pick Denver over Oakland D?

Yes, I already did. I put my picks in yesterday. I have to be honest, the Denver/Oakland game was the last one I picked. I'm just not ever comfortable when Denver has to play there!!!!

I also picked San Francisco over Minnesota. That went against the odds, but I just think that the 49ers are on a roll. I may go down in flames this week!!

david
09-27-2009, 11:11 PM
slash, 1 for 2...same old raiders im afraid

EZMONEY
09-27-2009, 11:15 PM
the best part of our Raider game David...it wasn't on TV down here...those Chargers are good for something after all....

marbear24
09-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Hm. I came in the 2nd week of preseason. That 3 weeks of preseason... and 3 weeks of the regular season. I should be 216. I weighed in at 217.8 this morning. Not on target, but not far behind either. I had a weekend where I blew everything so I guess it's not so bad.

I think I'll need some extra will power this weekend. Alumni weekend at college! Eeek!

Slashnl
09-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Well, good week for Broncos! I'm happy with how they are doing. Also a little surprised. They have a big test with the Cowboys next week. I am in a tie for 2nd place for this week's football pool, so no money for me this week. I'm still ahead by 3 games in the overall pool. Yay!

I'm not sure I can make my goal for the Superbowl, but I'm going to keep trying! I lost 1.8 this week.

EZMONEY
09-28-2009, 06:29 PM
DIANE and MARBEAR....

thank-you...

for not rubbing it in to David and I on the Raider/Bronco game....

what's wrong with you?

Slashnl
09-29-2009, 03:29 PM
DIANE and MARBEAR....

thank-you...

for not rubbing it in to David and I on the Raider/Bronco game....

what's wrong with you?

Weak moment I guess. Actually, I was looking at all the sad Raider fan faces at the game and I felt a slight touch of sympathy. Slight. Besides, I don't want to say too much right now. I'm still not sure what kind of team we have here in Colorado!

marbear24
09-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I'm all about not giving the Broncos bad karma right now too :)

JustBeckyV
09-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Grrrrrrrr @ the Steelers! I was so mad I didn't even finish my walk lol

EZMONEY
09-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Good luck against the Chargers Becky....

on one hand I want the Steelers since I can't stand the Chargers...

on the other hand I still want my daughter in law to go to the Super Bowl...so I want the Chargers to win....

Daughter in law un-benched!

I actually thought the Raiders might be better than the Broncos this year....dang

Slashnl
09-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Grrrrrrrr @ the Steelers! I was so mad I didn't even finish my walk lol

Isn't it awful how they can just ruin our day!??! I'm a Bronco fan, but I was mad at the Steelers because of my football pool. I picked them to win.

david
10-01-2009, 04:58 PM
going to houston for the raider game this weekend,,,what diet???

EZMONEY
10-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Hope you had fun David...

and in case you all didn't know...

our RAIDERS scored twice...that's right...twice...6 points bay-bee....man oh man...gonna be another loooong season....

Slashnl
10-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Did you see!?? The Broncos beat the Cowboys!? wow. Why do I still feel so unconfident about them? I guess because they get to play the Patriots next week. Ugh.

Poor Raider Nation.....

marbear24
10-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Diane - I understand. I was saying to someone else on 3FC this morning - I watch Orton and I think Wow, he sucks! I look at his numbers and think I was watching the wrong QB play!

Slashnl
10-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Marbear - I hear you on that one. I think he is just so "vanilla" that you don't notice that he's being successful. But if I have to hear how "lucky" the Broncos are with their wins this year, I'm going to scream. Yes, the first win was lucky, but how can you say that about the rest of them? There is a little skill involved in being on the field and winning the game.

EZMONEY
10-06-2009, 10:48 PM
Will you "Bronco's" be that fired up in 2 weeks when you have to go up against the #1 Cheerleader in the NFL?

marbear24
10-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Haha, I'll be fired up of we can hit Darren Sproles like Ray Lewis did a week or two ago :D Hehehe.

(I think DJ Williams can take care of that. Poooooooor Roy Williams...)

If it comes down to a cheerleader battle, I'll root for the Chargers Cheerleaders on your behalf :cheer2:

EZMONEY
10-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Vicious hits!

It's a deal MARBEAR...it really takes a lot out of to to root for those Chargers...and I never feel bad when they lose...

just wish DIL could experience being at a Super Bowl...but then there are many of us that wish that!

including hundreds of professional players!

david
10-08-2009, 02:29 AM
texas was great...then the game started

Slashnl
10-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Boy, do I feel guilty. I put in my picks for the football pool. And I picked New England to beat the Broncos. I feel so bad about that, but I really want to stay ahead in the pool so I can win the overall pool. (The money isn't much, but the bragging rights are priceless.)

I'll still be cheering them on to win, but I had to go with what I thought will happen.

Ok, there's no justification. I'm awful.

EZMONEY
10-10-2009, 12:35 PM
My RAIDERS should have a chance against the Giants if Manning is still hurt...

:lol::lol3::lol3::rofl::lol3::lol3::lol:

EZMONEY
10-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Held those Giants to under 50 points....sa-wheeeet!

funnycanadiangirl
10-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Yeah, rough day to be a Raiders fan EZ!

My Jets don't play until tonight, but fingers crossed! Beating Miami plus the Pats loss yesterday would mean good things for my boys! I'm crossing my fingers for an AFC East Championship - I'm going to see them play December 3rd, and I expect them to be playoff bound!

Speaking of that Pats loss, I don't much care for Josh McDaniels, but I laughed SO hard when the Broncos won! In your face Belichick! Chalk another one up for Orton and his superior neck beard. Totally made my day! :)

marbear24
10-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Diane - While I'm sorry you lost in the football pool, I'm hoping you're still quite happy about yesterday's outcome becuase I sure am! :D

EZ, David - In Russell's defense... your offensive line totally collapsed on him a couple of times. No wonder he can't hit his target, he has 2 seconds to throw the ball. Also, I like how Brady gets tapped on the helmet adn it's a personal foul, Russell gets his head slammed into the ground and it's no biggy. (That was last week, but still... really annoying and I'm not even a Raiders fan.)

Funny - I will look over the neck beard comment and just relish in the fact that the Broncos are 5-0 :D Haha, though- we really don't have a history of well groomed QB's (*cough* Jake Plummer *cough*)

funnycanadiangirl
10-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Hey marbear,

Don't fret. I can assure you that I in NO WAY meant the neck beard comment as an insult. I think it's both endearing and a source of mysterious power! I love, love, love it, irrespective of what team he's on!

In fact, 98% of the time my commentary on players' facial hair is based in genuine admiration - for example, the many mustachioed players of the Colts (it's like Dungy and Harrison started a revolution...) or Aaron Rodgers and his hilarious stache. This principle applies equally to ridiculous hair - like Jared Allen's fierce mullet. The other 2% of the time I'm making fun of Brett Favre (who I passionately dislike in a way I can't quite put into words...) and his grizzled old-dude beard.

marbear24
10-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Haha I took no offense, I was just kidding.
I too dislike Mr. Favre. I have since like 1995 or whenever he started playing, and everyone thought I was nuts. Now the world agrees with me :) Ha! I think as long as you don't love Matt Light's 70's porn star mustache, we're ok :)

Slashnl
10-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Ok, I'm back. I am glad that the Broncos won, even though I took the loss in the football pool. MY BAD! I deserved the loss on my record. Not happening again!

Hopefully, I'll have a good number to report next Monday for the weight loss challenge part of this thread. That is still a part of the thread, right? ha! I'm way behind where I wanted to be!

funnycanadiangirl
10-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Oh it's game day!! J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!! Gotta get back on track.

Really bummed to be missing the Giants/Saints game. If it's half as epic as it should be, it'll be a great game!

marbear24
10-19-2009, 08:18 AM
Funny - Not all as epic as it was cracked up to be. There were some REALLY bad calls (favoring the Saints as usual). A pass interference call that gave the Saints 35 yards, and a holding call that negated a Giants touchdown. Joe Buck, Tory Aikman and I all agree - they were bogus.

David & EZ - My husband is SO NOT HAPPY!... being an Eagles fan and all... :?:

Let's go Broncos! (& EZ's D.I.L.!)

EZMONEY
10-19-2009, 09:02 AM
MARBEAR I was shcked to hear they won!!! But happy...

we had left for a function at church during half time...then went to dinner....came home to see my DODGERS getting hammered in the first 4-0 when I walked in...crap!....then my son calls to chat about that....then says at least we won 1 game today....I'm like WHAT???? They did not beat those Eqagles....they did...

Daughter in law and son went to church with me ....Pastor asked her if the Chragers were ready ....she just said I hope so, I know I'm ready...I did all my practice!

Should be a good game!

Jets game was a tough one FUNNYCANADIAN...

Boy Drew Brees looked good...and 6 TD's for Brady....

david
10-19-2009, 12:10 PM
raider game great....diet terrible

marbear24
10-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Oh yeah, the diet :) Down to 213- so down 12. 23 more to go by Feb!

funnycanadiangirl
10-19-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm suffering from some severe Mark Sanchez-induced depression. USC can have him back!!! I'm just glad I'm all the way over here - I can't imagine how much beer I would have had to drink if I'd been at home watching. I'm going to the Jets/Bills rematch and if it's anything like that I'll be consuming all of my calories that day in the form of liquor. Sigh...

Feel like a genius for picking KC though. How is Jim Zorn still employed?

Congrats on the Raiders win. Shocked.

Slashnl
10-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Boy, did I go down in flames with my football pool. Wow. At least I wasn't alone. It all comes down to tonight's game. Go Broncos!!!!

Raiders! What the heck? Sounds like my 8th graders football team's favorite chant: "Not yet. Won't give up." Unfortunately, they didn't make it to their superbowl.

As for the weight goal: I'm working on it. But still have 28 pounds to go by Superbowl. That seems like a lot. But, I'll try and hopefully get close to it, if I don't make it.

david
10-19-2009, 02:11 PM
canadien girl...rookies tend to be inconsistent....hes a good qb.....dont give up on him yet

funnycanadiangirl
10-19-2009, 05:36 PM
5 INTs isn't inconsistent... it's late-season Brett Favre! :)

I'm trying to be patient with Sanchez, but with Jenkins out for the season, things are looking a little bleak. Luckily, as a Jets fan, I'm pretty well adjusted to disappointment! haha!

Hopefully we'll turn it around, and soon!

Slashnl
10-20-2009, 08:47 AM
5 INTs isn't inconsistent... it's late-season Brett Favre! :)

Ok, that IS funny! ha! BTW, I really like Sanchez. He might have some bumpy roads ahead, but he is going to be great. Give him some time.

Broncos WIN!!! Yes! I'm leading our football pool now!

EZMONEY
10-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Nice win for you BRONCOBABES!

Chargers are deep in trouble....but I bet they get close if not into the playoffs again...dang!

The worst part of last nights loss for my dil is it looks like it will be almost impossible to get a playoff game at home...so her career will most likely end (she wants to give me grand kids....yay!!) on the last regular season home game..

we shall see...

marbear24
10-20-2009, 09:24 AM
EZ - I'd take grandkids over a superbowl :)

YAY BRONCOS!!!

david
10-20-2009, 12:25 PM
funny canadian...i have a feeling the raiders wont give the jets as much trouble as they gave philly....i hope im wrong...ez i hope you dont get the radio broadcasts down there...david humm was talking about how they can be 4 and 4 and looking at a wildcard birth...fat chance!!!

EZMONEY
10-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Luckily no David I don't get the station down here..and usually the Chargers take them out of TV potential here.

I was thinking, I have no idea what our draft situation is for next year...what we have given up...but that win probably takes us out of another #1...dang...

funnycanadiangirl
10-23-2009, 07:36 AM
Counting down to Jets v. Raiders. Not looking forward to going the rest of our season without Jenkins, but hopefully we're going to dig ourselves out of this slump! (Otherwise I am genuinely concerned about Rex Ryan's mental health!)

EZMONEY
10-23-2009, 02:36 PM
I was very-very angry when Sancez opted for the NFL last year...VERY!

You should not leave USC early!!! NEVER!!

Now if I can only get that anger into my RAIDERS heads....

revenge is just around the corner....oh yeah!!

EZMONEY
10-26-2009, 08:53 AM
RAIDERS had a bye week again....

Jets showed up though....

funnycanadiangirl
10-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Heck yeah we did! Brad Gradkowski? That was unfortunate.

I'm concerned about not having Leon Washington, but looks like we did okay!

Slashnl
10-27-2009, 10:52 AM
I accidently selected Raiders to win. I blew my pool selections by doing that. I have no idea how I did it, but there it was...

EZMONEY
10-27-2009, 05:57 PM
D are you insane?

Slashnl
10-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Ya, I know. I looked at my cheat sheet that I use to put in my picks and I had the Jets on that one, but somehow put in the Raiders. gah.

Slashnl
10-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Gosh, this was on page 2. Bumping it up!

funnycanadiangirl
11-10-2009, 03:55 AM
I know that the Jets and Raiders were on a bye this week, but this thread needs a serious bump! lol!

Possible topics of discussion:
1. Are the Broncos in trouble? (I say no. Well... until the playoffs start, in which case maybe). I think the Steelers look really good, and wasn't surprised at Denver's loss.
2. I bet my friend a pitcher of beer the Packers would have a better season than the Vikings. I deeply regret that decision. I'm also curious why the NFC North is so disappointing right now!
3. I picked the Bengals to beat the Ravens, and feel like a genius.
4. Peyton Manning. I secretly love him. I miss seeing him in funny commercials. Also, laser rocket arm. Colts v Pats next weekend - any predictions?
5. How good are the Saints?
6. Do the Raiders regret cutting Garcia? And just how insane is Al Davis, really?

I'm also interested in some mid-season predictions?

Slashnl
11-10-2009, 10:54 AM
I'll jump back in here. Good questions funnycanadiangirl.

1. No, I don't think they are in trouble. They have some work to do and will need to find some answers as they advance in their ridiculously hard schedule, but I think they'll be fine. Steelers are good! They played well.

2. I would have bet on the Packers too. However, in looking more closely at the Vikings, they are solid. If Favre wasn't there, I still think they'd be dominant.

3. You are a genius! I picked the Ravens... I thought they'd at least show up!

4. As my 13 year old boy says... Peyton is a beast! He is one amazingly talented quarterback.

5. Those Saints are on a roll. They've got such momentum! I've been surprised, so I'm not so sure how good they are overall. I guess we'll find out.

6. Nuff said! ha!

funnycanadiangirl
11-10-2009, 02:10 PM
I wasn't counting on Favre lasting more than a few games! And the Packers had an exceptional preseason. The Vikes are a good team - AP is unreal, I love Jared Allen, solid defense. I genuinely thought that they'd be stuck with Rosenfeld or Jackson at this point though. I think I'm still bitter about Favre's performance with the Jets last season.

I think the amazing thing about Peyton is that the Colts running game has dissolved, he's working with new receivers and he's very immobile as a QB and he still wins games. I read a lot about his work ethic, and totally believe it. He's incredible. My kid brother pretty much worships him.

As for the Saints, I have been really impressed with them. I think that they were on a verge of a breakthrough last season, but needed some additions on defense and in their running game, and I really think they put the work in during the off season. I love Drew Brees - I think he's one of those rare underrated QBs.

EZMONEY
11-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Rare you find a person with the qualities of Peyton Manning.

funnycanadiangirl
11-11-2009, 03:37 AM
It'll be interesting to see how many records he can break if he stays healthy. Love to see him win another Super Bowl ring.

Slashnl
11-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Yep, Peyton is the man. Too bad we (Broncos) have to play them in a couple of weeks.....

EZMONEY
11-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Well my RAIDERS stunk...

Great game between Colts and Patriots last night....my favorite Peyton came through big time!

My daughter in law had a nice moment in the Charger game too :)

Slashnl
11-16-2009, 10:48 AM
That's a great picture, Gary. I'm a little worried about those Chargers playing the Broncos next week. They seem like they're getting it together and the Broncos seem to be struggling. Then, if we have to go without Kyle Orton... it could get ugly.

EZMONEY
11-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Diane I think right now those chargers are in the Broncos head...especially after last year...I think you better pick them this week...sorry.

My son called a while ago...said they were in the ER until mid-night...guess my DIL fractured her finger and 2 places in her right wrist tumbling at the end of the game...she will be on the DL I suppose!...Took a little shine off her glory yesterday!

funnycanadiangirl
11-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Stunning victory for the Raiders and not a peep.....

Weird.

marbear24
11-23-2009, 02:49 PM
On the diet front: 205 - so I'm down 20 of the 35 I wanted to loose by February. Woohoo!

On the football front: Does anyone know where I can locate the switch on my body that turns off the desire to watch or care about football?!?!

EZMONEY
11-23-2009, 09:10 PM
DIANE and MARBEAR....What was your coach thinking? OK...so let's say he brings Kyle in to jump start the team...he did...but later on we all knew the game was way over...way over...why leave him in there to chance more injury....

Oh and DIANE....I am sure you bet against my RAIDERS.... :hug:

EZMONEY
11-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Daughter in law just called....saw the doctor today...he would prefer she didn't "cheer" on Sundays game against the Chiefs....put her in a half cast but called for an MRI on Monday....

Slashnl
11-24-2009, 11:59 AM
EZ, no kidding. What in the heck? Why can't we go to third string and see how he could do? It isn't like we were going to come roaring back for a big win. Drives me crazy.

And yes, EVERYONE in the pool got the Raiders game wrong. That was just bizarre. Now I'm really confused for this week's pool picks. I think I'll just close my eyes as I make my picks.

david
11-30-2009, 01:07 PM
hello everyone....in sept i weight 230....right now im at 254....im not gonna beat mysefl up, but i need to get back in te game....its good to be back...the raiders are officially unwatchable!!!

EZMONEY
11-30-2009, 08:20 PM
...the raiders are officially unwatchable!!!

OMGosh! How can you say that david?....

I love comedy :D

Where is our commitment?

david
12-02-2009, 02:30 PM
by the way, i have drew brees on my fantasy team

EZMONEY
12-02-2009, 04:36 PM
by the way, i have drew brees on my fantasy team

I had Britney Spears on mine but traded her for Katherine Heigl.

david
12-14-2009, 02:32 PM
ez wasnt it great to see jamarcus back in there???why not try charlie frye??

EZMONEY
12-14-2009, 10:17 PM
I thought we were finally on our way David...both knees?! both KNEES!!!

go now to CHARGERS.com and vote for my daughter in law, NICOLE...maybe someone we love will make the Pro Bowl!

david
12-21-2009, 02:05 PM
great weekend!!!raiders win and im in the fantasy football superbowl!!!