Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Best cookbooks?

View Full Version : Best cookbooks?

PammyFl
08-13-2009, 03:15 PM
I love to cook and I always find myself wanting to make new things, what do you guys suggest as a good healthy eating cookbook that doesn't require a whole lot of pre shopping to make it?

SunshineCA
08-13-2009, 04:35 PM
The South Beach Diet Quick & Easy Cookbook

p7eggyc
08-13-2009, 04:37 PM
I like both Kathleen Daeleman's books for great recipes made with ingredients that are easy to find and often in your pantry. She has two: Getting Thin and Loving Life (blue) and Cooking Thin (yellow). I think both are available on the used market. The Cooking Thin one is available in paperback. She'll make you laugh while she's at it. ;)

I also have a lot of good luck with Cooking Light stuff. I don't own any cookbooks but they are out there and the magazine is great.

Peg

EmmaD
08-13-2009, 04:55 PM
I checked out The Healthy Slow Cooker cookbook (http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Slow-Cooker-Judith-Finlayson/dp/0778801330) from the library. Almost every recipe was something that interested me, so I just ordered it! Nothing is too complicated, and each recipe includes a complete nutritional analysis. Highly recommended if you have a crock pot. I just bought one at a garage sale for $3 and I love it.

LindaT
08-13-2009, 04:58 PM
I go this one a couple of months ago and am very happy with it

http://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Light-Fresh-Food-Fast/dp/0848732642/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1250193445&sr=8-1

Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast: Over 280 Incredibly Flavorful 5-Ingredient 15-Minute Recipes (Paperback)

Fast and healthy.. can't beat that!

festivus
08-13-2009, 05:21 PM
The Most Decadent Diet Ever!
It has classic dishes redone to be healthy - I've liked all that I've tried so far!

http://www.amazon.com/Most-Decadent-Diet-Ever-favorites/dp/0767928814/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1250194820&sr=8-1

kiramira
08-13-2009, 05:37 PM
I'd really recommend any of the Weight Watcher's cook books -- they use real ingredients for quick, balanced and delicious meals. And the calorie counts/nutritional info is with each recipe. You can find these on eBay or in your local book store or at Amazon.com!

Kira

S Fierce
08-13-2009, 06:42 PM
I love too cook also. I like to try new recipes every week so I don't get bored. Its so much easier to stay on track when the food your eating is exciting and tastes good. I would suggest subscribing to a magazine like Taste of Home healthy cooking or Clean Eating. They give recipes based on the season. Buying fruits and vegetables that are in season is cheaper. Also the ingredients are common and you will most likely have them already. They also give the nutrition facts.

PammyFl
08-13-2009, 11:51 PM
I love too cook also. I like to try new recipes every week so I don't get bored. Its so much easier to stay on track when the food your eating is exciting and tastes good. I would suggest subscribing to a magazine like Taste of Home healthy cooking or Clean Eating. They give recipes based on the season. Buying fruits and vegetables that are in season is cheaper. Also the ingredients are common and you will most likely have them already. They also give the nutrition facts.

That actually made me laugh I accidentally signed up for recipes like a week ago online and now they send me Taste Of Home. I only got to read half a issue because my nephew ripped it in half haha but it will be nice to get some nice recipes.

PammyFl
08-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks ladies.. I want to check some of these out on Amazon and order a couple.