100 lb. Club - One Year Ago Today

View Full Version : One Year Ago Today

DCHound
08-13-2009, 11:24 AM
One year ago today, August 13, 2008, at about 3 o’clock in the afternoon, my BFF called to tell me she and her fiancé had set a date…November. She asked me to be her maid of honor. She was my BFF, truly a sister to me, we just don’t happen to be blood-related in this lifetime. I had to say yes, of course.

In 2003, my always-iffy marriage had gotten really rocky. My intuition kept telling me something was really wrong. I’d lost 100 or so lbs on Atkins 1999-2000, kept it off, and January 2003 went back on induction trying to lose more. I lost about 50 lbs in about 3 months, down to the high 180s, a solid 14/16. My intuition was correct, the weight loss didn’t matter at all in the grand scheme of things, and he demanded a divorce the same day I was laid off at work, Tuesday, April 1, 2003. Yes, I see the irony… :o)

I tried to hold it together but had a nervous breakdown about six weeks later and went off Atkins with a vengeance. Late 2003 is a blur, I was drinking and abusing prescription drugs, and eating with abandon. The next thing I knew, it was Christmas 2003 and I had to borrow a size 26 outfit from my sister to have something to wear to church. It was tight. By the time I got a crappy part-time job Spring 2004, my largest clothes left-over from 1999 were too small—I didn’t know what size I was, since I only wore stretchy sweatpants, but I couldn’t fit into size 28 Lane Bryant jeans. By 2007, when I tried to buy an interview suit, I found out I was a 30 top, 32 bottom, too fat to shop at Lane Bryant (it was for skinny chicks!), Catherine’s or Coldwater Creek only. It’s so easy to buy an interview suit when you wear a size 32, you know.

From mid-2003 until early 2007, I was a depressed, overeating, lazy, sloppy, alcoholic—heavy smoker and Paxil abuser—who only left the house to go to my crappy part-time job. In early 2007 I was fired from that job (should have been fired already, don’t know why it took them so long as I was often tipsy at work) and had to find another job. With a surprisingly generous severance package, I took the time to decide what I really wanted to do…and I changed fields entirely. I lucked into a great job that I immediately loved, and am really good at.

I started having to wear real clothes, and leave the house every day. I was still eating uncontrollably, well, not tons of food but uncontrolled carbs…I quit drinking mid 2007. And I started a lot of deep soul-searching. By early 2008, I finally realized it wasn’t my fault that my marriage ended…we should have never married in the first place. I had no self-esteem…part of that was my feelings of inadequacy growing up with an extremely beautiful mother and sister, and not believing that I too was beautiful. This led to me marrying my HS sweetheart, who didn’t treat me like I deserved to be treated, leading to even lower self-esteem. A year of deep soul-searching brought a lot of things to light, and I finally made a giant mental breakthrough. I finally, at the age of 38, started learning to love myself. I never had before.

As I began to get mentally healthier, I began to wake up to how unhealthy my lifestyle was. I didn’t know how much I weighed (+/- 370) but I did know that I was too fat to shop at Lane Bryant, I could barely go up and down stairs, and I would often make myself run late to work so I’d have a “legitimate” excuse to drive in and pay $15 to park in the garage rather than taking Metro—the three-block walk almost killed me. Oh and I was smoking 1 ½ packs a day, as I had since I was 16 (started smoking age 12).

As I began to feel more and more worthy, I began to consider either weight-loss surgery, or getting back on Atkins. I began to really want to lose the weight. Well, I’d always wanted to lose weight of course, but for 4-5 years it had seemed like a pipedream—I couldn’t tap into the energy I’d used in 1999, then 2003, to successfully lose weight. It seemed impossible.

I hadn’t even considered being in any kind of relationship since mid-2004, that didn’t seem possible either. Who would want to date a frumpy, semi-depressed, middle-aged, semi-alcoholic 400ish lb woman who didn’t even own a pair of jeans, much less any cute clothes—and who hadn’t put on makeup or even gotten a haircut in like three years? I felt like, and if pushed, would have described myself as, an ugly monster.

By mid 2008, I was getting closer to being ready to lose weight. But I needed a push.

My BFF called me 8/13/2008…that was my catalyst to launch. I did NOT want to stand up in the front of that chapel in November wearing a horrendous size 32 tent!

I found my Atkins book and re-read it, cover-to-cover. Hit the grocery store, got everything I needed, told my housemate anything in the kitchen with carbs was hers. Started right then, that afternoon, not the “next day.” I figured, if it didn’t work, then I’d investigate surgery, but Atkins had worked before, I hoped it would again.

I was oddly excited, and somehow I knew from the first moment, I would succeed. This feeling was unlike anything else I’d ever experienced…I just knew. I was in a state of calm, determined, quiet joy. From the very first second, a mental image formed of me at a normal, healthy weight…I held onto that image, and knew I was going to bring it into reality. No doubts, no fears. I absolutely knew I would do it. There were no big ups and downs…quiet determined joy is the best way I can describe it, although I don’t really have the words to describe my mental state.

I bought a scale the next day, a cheap crappy one, and weighed in at 360. Later I bought a good scale that weighed me 10 lbs heavier, so I changed my starting weight to 370. That is almost 400 lbs, folks. BMI 56.3, well over super morbidly obese (BMI 50). Way over. Headed towards being handicapped, housebound, early death. I didn’t fly home to see my family Christmas 2007, I was so fat I was embarrassed and honestly afraid to fly. When I started this, I hadn’t seen my family since 2006, because I was so fat. I hadn’t been living any kind of a life since 2003, because I was so fat. I was barely existing, that was all.

I lost 20.5 lbs the first two weeks on Atkins. At that point, I went down into my basement and started going through all my old, cute, small clothes from when I wore a 14/16. I was still in a 32, but they were getting looser. There were a lot of tears that afternoon, remembering back on how great I’d looked, and how depressed and horrible I’d felt, wearing those clothes. And they all looked so tiny. When I’d worn those, I could probably have gotten both legs into one leg of the horrible stretchy pants I had in a size 32. But I took the time to unfold, wash, and gently hang up all those beautiful 14s and 16s, to serve as inspiration.

I fit into size 26 jeans 5 weeks later. I fit into a nice size 24 outfit for the wedding, 11/15. I could squeeze into 22s at Christmas. I wore my first pair of 20s in March/April. 18s in May. Then into a pair of 16s on the fourth of July…with many other changes in between. My weight-loss ticker doesn’t move very often, but I am super fortunate in that, I am shockingly heavy for my size. Who is 5’8, weighs 250, has a 36” waist and wears a 16? I think I’m possibly the only freak that does…it’s not a bad problem to have.

I bought a pair of 14 misses jeans at Costco last month. I haven’t worn a 14 misses (well, I could squeeze into a 14W at my previous low weight) since fifth grade. And if all goes according to plan, those 14 jeans should fit sometime this fall.

Here are some other “firsts” this weight-loss journey has led to:

-I quit smoking in October, a 27-year habit
-I got a haircut in November, first one 4 years
-I bought a pair of sandals in 2009, first cute non-frumpy non-old lady shoes I bought in 6 years
-I started wearing makeup again in 2008, first time in 4 years
-I had the energy to clean and organize my house in January 2009, first time it had been in normal non-squalorous condition since the divorce, 5 ½ years earlier
-I joined a gym in March, and went 6 days a week for 3 straight months, until I began walking my commute instead (I need cardio more than weights right now)
-I began WALKING part of my commute in June, mornings too…I have NEVER exercised in the morning, EVER. I drove, bussed or metroed my commute for the last 10 years…now I walk 3 miles a day, 5 days a week.
-I got my first manicure in June…never had one before, never thought I deserved one—that was for beautiful women, not monsters like me…guess what, it was fun and looked great. I’ve had several more since.
-I uploaded current, full-body photos to Facebook and tagged myself into them. People I went to high school with, whom I haven’t seen since the 80s, can see me. And I look OK, ****, in some of them I even look great. One girl in my senior class sent me a personal message telling me how unfair it is that I look so young and asking me my youthful secret…LOL.
-I only have two pair of jeans, very small 16s, from the old clothes in my basement that don’t fit yet—and they are close to fitting. I remember how tiny they looked when I held them up in front of me, back in September 2008 as I was washing/sorting them. Like the Holy Grail of clothes.
-I went on a DATE Friday night. A DATE. It isn’t going to go anywhere, there’s no chemistry, but that was my first real date since 2003. And he told me like four times that I was the most beautiful woman he’d ever been out with, and thanked me for going out with him…it was surreal.

I didn’t do anything special. I haven’t done anything painful. I just made the mental journey first…then the physical journey followed. Yeah there have been a few glitches, but when I screw up, I forgive myself and move on. This is not a diet, there will be no “end.” It is a permanent lifestyle change. And I deserve it. Sometimes I wish I’d been able to make the mental journey, start this lifestyle change, earlier than I did…but I truly think The Universe has a plan for each of us, and the timing of this has a purpose which I don’t yet understand. I truly believe this.

This is a permanent change. I will get to 199 lbs eventually, then reassess. That may be good enough…or it may not. My BFF told me recently, “DC, as good as you look at 250 lbs, you are going to be a flaming knockout at 200 lbs.” Wow, 40 years old, formerly a monster, now OK/pretty good, and soon to be a flaming knockout. I’ll take that. :)

I do know this is a permanent lifestyle change; I will not gain the weight back this time. Everything is different. I’ve lost 120 lbs in a year…mathematically that looks like 2.3 lbs per week, a nice steady healthy loss. That’s not how it worked for me: 60 lbs the first 3 months, 30 lbs the next 3 months, then 5 lbs here and there…with a 3-month stall thrown in there for good measure. I don’t expect to see regular weight loss, I’ve yo-yo’d too many times for that. I just gratefully accept whatever the scale says and keep plodding and plugging away.

And it would have been A LOT harder without this board, on which I have many many dear friends, most particularly CFMama and RockinRobin…and many, many others who have inspired, and continue to inspire me…I love you all.

And, if I can do it…anyone can. Anyone. I’m nothing special…anyone can do this. Just commit, make the mental journey, do it. Anyone can do it.

It’s impossible right, no one can lose 120 lbs in a year—or, if not 120 lbs, then 32% of their entire body. Yes they can. I did it, anyone can. You can. Anyone can.

Onederchic
08-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Wow! Amazing! Just amazing! You are so inspirational and I am so happy for you! Congrats on all your successes!!! :hug::hug: :cheer::cheer2::cheer3:

luvja
08-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Very inspirational :) Big congrats.

Mickeypnd
08-13-2009, 11:39 AM
You are, sucha strong individual. I saw this thread and I felt like I should just read it.

and I'm So glad I did. I am So inspired but what you have posted, and SO grateful that you posted your story for us to read.

Cogratulations on you success, and the many to come!
:hug:

Devsmama
08-13-2009, 11:47 AM
That was one of the most amazing and inspirational stories I have ever read in my life! I am so humbled by your achievements and your honesty. Thank you.

Pita09
08-13-2009, 11:52 AM
DC, thank you so much for posting your story. I have no doubt that you have taken control of your life and that there is no stopping for you...ever again. You are a true inspiration. :hug:

Fressca
08-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you for that. What a wonderful, inspirational story. I love your posts!

sweetandspicy
08-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Great story!! Thank you for sharing.. you are very inspirational!!!

cfmama
08-13-2009, 12:08 PM
You are my hero. There is nothing more to say than that. I am so very blessed to be able to share this journey with you. See you grow into the person that I know you are. Keep on keeping on my friend. One day we will meet in person and there will be much low carb partying and merriment ;)

Matilda08
08-13-2009, 12:14 PM
congrats your story brought tears to my eyes! I wish you much success

lishamarie
08-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Amazing Story! Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

Here's to making permanent changes!

TJFitnessDiva
08-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Wow....you are a big inspiration to me :)

Congratulations on a year! :cheer2:

dragonwoman64
08-13-2009, 12:24 PM
that was a beautiful story, thank you.

caliyah
08-13-2009, 12:29 PM
i was tearing up too. thanks for such an inspirational story

beerab
08-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Thank you for posting your story- it was inspirational and moving :)

DeeinVaBeach
08-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the inspiration that I desperately needed today. And on a side note.. I'm one of those incredibly dense people too... Same height, 5'8" and I can wear a 16 when I'm at 250. No one ever believes how much I actually weigh. Nice to know I'm not the only one...

annie175
08-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Truly amazing. Keep rockin sista. You are an inspiration to many...

pintobean
08-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Wow! just wow!!
Thank you for posting your story. Truly inspiring.

kimmers0808
08-13-2009, 12:55 PM
I am sitting here with tears running down my face. Thank you so much for sharing. Your story has given me so much hope. Especially on days that it is not easy. Thank you.

wendyland
08-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Truly wonderful, inspiring story. Thank you so much for sharing!

Slashnl
08-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Wow! That's amazing.
So happy for you!

time2lose
08-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Thank you for sharing your story. It brought tears to my eyes. You are an inspiration.

EveLHaelf
08-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Girl, that brought tears to my eyes! I am so proud for you! You have made absolutely AMAZING progress! You are an inspiration to me! Keep it up! :hug:

zoritsa
08-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Wow! What a truely awesome and amazing story!Thank you so much for sharing :hug:

LisaF
08-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Thank you for sharing that. I just want to give you a big hug right now.

And, if I can do it…anyone can. Anyone. I’m nothing special…anyone can do this.

Well, I have to agree with the "anyone can do it" part. But let me tell you, you really are something special.

Rosinante
08-13-2009, 03:04 PM
just wow.

SunshineCA
08-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Truly inspirational! Thanks for sharing your wonderful story!! :)

lottie63
08-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Beautiful.

Smileydd
08-13-2009, 03:46 PM
I think that I am going to pull out a pair of jeans I wore when I had a body and not a blob and hang them where I can see them!! I hope to have a story like yours one day!!

zibsca
08-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Wow, I really needed to read that today. You are an inspiration, thank you so much for sharing.

Aclai4067
08-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Thanks for sharing your story. Congrats on your success so far; you are amazing!

Idealmuse
08-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Congrats. So much can change in just one year. Imagine next year...

Echo
08-13-2009, 04:07 PM
wow you are AMAZING! thank you for sharing your story and your journey- it is soooooooooooooooooooooo inspirational! i welled up!!! and had one small tear fall down my cheerk. it was really touching to read your story

awww so lovely to hear you are doing so well!!!!

well done you!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

angieaang
08-13-2009, 04:41 PM
You deserve every bit of happiness, joy and success that comes your way! You've earned it! You make us all proud and you give us all hope! Thank you so much for sharing such a powerful and remarkable story!

Shannon in ATL
08-13-2009, 04:45 PM
I love reading your posts DC, and I thank you for sharing your story. Congratulations on all of your accomplishments!

HotWings
08-13-2009, 04:53 PM
I didn’t do anything special. I haven’t done anything painful. I just made the mental journey first…then the physical journey followed. Yeah there have been a few glitches, but when I screw up, I forgive myself and move on. This is not a diet, there will be no “end.” It is a permanent lifestyle change. And I deserve it. Sometimes I wish I’d been able to make the mental journey, start this lifestyle change, earlier than I did…but I truly think The Universe has a plan for each of us, and the timing of this has a purpose which I don’t yet understand. I truly believe this.

YOU are absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I don't even know you but I am SO PROUD of you and what you have done! You are the ultimate inspiration for everyone on this board. :yes:

Your words of wisdom above, and YES.. great wisdom has come from your experience.. are words I will come back to over and over again on my journey. I feel the same.. I know somehow that I will succeed this time. I don't know why this time is special, but I know I will. THANK YOU.. for sharing your story with me. :hug:

marmitenot
08-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Wow. This makes me realize that I can reach my goal, too...and keep the weight off. Thanks for the inspiration, and congrats on your AMAZING transformation!

Arctic Mama
08-13-2009, 05:44 PM
You saved your own life, plain and simple. What a momentous change you undertook, and you DESERVE to reap these rewards. You deserve health, happiness, and all the beauty you have been blessed with - ENJOY hon!

This story almost makes me teary, it's so inspirational :)

famograham
08-13-2009, 06:08 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Beautiful!

Linda

bcort
08-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Wow - you have been through so much - thanks for sharing with us. And you were never a monster - I know that for sure.

Congratulations on your awesome journey!

fjcinzion
08-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Thank you for sharing your journey. I also have tears in my eyes. You have inspired me! Thanks, Faith

Judy Lynn
08-13-2009, 07:51 PM
DC, thanks for baring your soul and sharing your very touching story. I know you have given lots of people inspiration today, as you sure have to me. :hug:

DCHound
08-13-2009, 08:57 PM
You saved your own life, plain and simple.

I hadn't thought about it that way but you're right. I had been killing myself in slow motion, then began saving myself in slow motion...very profound, thank you.

Thanks everyone. Your comments mean a lot. I didn't cry writing this but I certainly did last night when I started congratulating myself for getting to this point...!

quiffy
08-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I echo everyone else. Thank you for sharing. Inspirational.

Windchime
08-13-2009, 10:04 PM
What an amazing year you have had. Truly amazing. For every person who has posted here in response to your story, I am guessing there was a lurker who is scared, depressed, and at the end of her rope -- until she read your story. I'm guessing you have made a big difference in some lives today by sharing this.

souvenirdarling
08-13-2009, 10:11 PM
*applause* What an inspiring story of someone who turned their life around!!!! Congratulations - you deserve it!!!

kiramira
08-14-2009, 10:28 AM
HON! AMAZING story!!!! But you need to give yourself WAY more credit!!! Seriously -- when I read this, it became SO obvious that you had really decided to do what it was going to take for YOU to do it -- you found a plan that worked for you, committed, and DID it!

I found my Atkins book and re-read it, cover-to-cover. Hit the grocery store, got everything I needed, told my housemate anything in the kitchen with carbs was hers. Started right then, that afternoon, not the “next day.” I figured, if it didn’t work, then I’d investigate surgery, but Atkins had worked before, I hoped it would again.

Which is why I think this kind of bugs me:

I didn’t do anything special. I haven’t done anything painful. I just made the mental journey first…then the physical journey followed.

Hon, you DID do something special -- you took a hard accounting of your life, and made the RADICAL decision to CHANGE -- you picked a plan and you JUST. DID. IT. The mental decision to just DO IT is IMHO the absolute KEY. No "well, I'll just remove full fat milk for a while" -- you gave the carbs to your room mate, and started 100% with your eating plan. And you gotta admit that changing HOW you are and HOW you interacted with food AND alcohol AND Paxil IS pretty radical. And took courage, strength, and determination. And these decisions stemmed from your mindset. They stemmed from your honest evaluation of who you were, who you are, and who you wanted to be. And it seems that you redefined yourself and are living your new definition.

Thank you for your post...it is great to read and
100 MILLION :hug: your way...

Kira

findingfawn
08-14-2009, 11:30 AM
What an awesome, inspirational story!! I needed to read this today, I have been feeling food weak for days now (with a minor binge every afternoon this week, even if I have been able to stay within my calories, they haven't been planned out, thought about ones).

Way to go DC!

DCHound
08-14-2009, 12:40 PM
I see what you’re saying, but there’s special, then there’s special.

--I didn’t have to journey via pack mule to a distant mountaintop in India and meet the one special guru who was able to wave his majik wand over me and “fix” me.
--I didn’t have to work through 10 years of therapy before starting.
--I didn’t have to pay for any kind of surgery or program in order to succeed.
--I didn’t have to spend four months in an in-patient mental health facility first (although it might have helped).

For me, “nothing special” is meant in the sense of, nothing so impossible-looking to do that it would prevent you from even trying.

But yes, OTOH you’re very right, I do have a tendency to downplay anything I have ever done myself. Ha, I’m second cousins with the most famous musical personality of all times, I won a state-wide award for writing, competing with high schoolers, in the second grade and I beat out 1,150 other applicants for a special government internship in college…and to me, none of these things are special either… :)

I saw a bookmark yesterday in Booksamillion and I just had to buy it. I hung it over my desk. It says:

WHAT WOULD YOU ATTEMPT TO DO IF YOU KNEW YOU COULD NOT FAIL?

This is so profound...and it is how I have decided to live my life. I'm on to something else now...the weightloss is still a high priority, but I now will be concentrating my mental efforts and focus in another direction. Weightloss now becomes priority #2, this other thing, priority #1. Wish me luck.

kiramira
08-14-2009, 01:22 PM
I see what you’re saying, but there’s special, then there’s special.

--I didn’t have to journey via pack mule to a distant mountaintop in India and meet the one special guru who was able to wave his majik wand over me and “fix” me.
--I didn’t have to work through 10 years of therapy before starting.
--I didn’t have to pay for any kind of surgery or program in order to succeed.
--I didn’t have to spend four months in an in-patient mental health facility first (although it might have helped).

For me, “nothing special” is meant in the sense of, nothing so impossible-looking to do that it would prevent you from even trying.

But hon, THIS is why what you've done is SPECIAL...you haven't devolved the responsibility for yourself to others. You haven't said "well, I COULD have done IT I'd seen the majik guru, or gone to therapy, or had surgery, or whatEVER". It is SO EASY to say these things. It is so EASY to fool oneself into THINKING they are making changes when the reality is that they aren't, or that clear, efficient and radical change just ISN'T possible.

What you have done is EXTRAORDINARY -- out of the realm of the usual. But you are right -- not out of reach of the ordinary person IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO. What you gotta remember is that MAKING THIS CHOICE is what makes you SPECIAL, distiinguished by an unusual quality.

After all, it what you did was ordinary and easy, heck, ALL of us would do it!!! The FACT that you did it and HOW you did it makes you both SPECIAL and EXTRAORDINARY!!!

And we love you for it...

And if you can, let us know what your new focus is!!! I'm so TOTALLY excited for you!!!

Kira

BarbPA
08-14-2009, 02:27 PM
(((((DC))))) I already know how amazing you are, but reading this all in one place...WOW...wow...I don't even know what you say!

You are such an inspiration. You figured it out! You have changed your life! You have done the IMPOSSIBLE!

I am proud to have you as my buddy and so happy to be sharing the journey with you!

:high:

DCHound
08-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Kira you are a philosopher aren't you. You have a lot more insight than virtually everyone I know...and I actually DO know professional philosophers. :)

Yeah OK, I bow to your wisdom. That was actually one of my biggest breakthroughs in 2008 that gave me the ability to do this...when I realized for the first time, no one is to blame for any of my problems/issues/whatever, except me. It's my responsibility to do what I need to do to make my life what I need it to be.

It would be wonderful to be able to blame all my past problems on my family, ex-husband, on fate for dealing me a hand which includes a body clearly unable to process sugar correctly (pancreatic issues, anyone?), or a body/mind prone to addictive, destructive behaviors.

It would be FABULOUS to be able to blame everything on others.

It would be FABULOUS to be able to use others as an excuse. Like, I can't lose weight because so-and-so doesn't support me.

Trust me, I used to use that one, a lot. I couldn't lose weight because ex-husband insisted on dessert every night...or roommate had blood sugar issues and had to keep cookies and juice on hand...or BFF wanted to go to KFC for dinner, and it would be rude not to go with her and eat there…those are awfully handy excuses for eating crap.

But.

I finally realized, NO ONE IS TO BLAME AND NO ONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ME, EXCEPT ME.

It took me 39 years to figure that out…but I did figure it out. And as I recall, it came to me in a flash. And it was a very liberating thought. You really do cut painful emotional ties to other people, and to other things, when you realize, no one is responsible for you, but you.

Even when I am at other people’s houses, I am responsible for me. Sometimes this means, I have to speak up when I’d rather not, and say, I’m sorry but I can’t eat what y’all are eating for dinner, can you make me scrambled eggs, or else I’ll just run to the store myself…it’s not easy, but I have to do it, in order to be responsible to and honor myself.

At the age of 40, this is the first time in my life I’ve been strong enough to stand up for myself…and it all came from finally realizing, I’m the only one responsible for me. No one else gets the blame for my problems…nor do they get the credit for my successes.

Kiramira, you really are a very smart chickie. You keep making me more articulate than I usually am. :)

DCHound
08-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Oh and, the other thing I'm manifesting, well, it's the second impossible thing I'll do in my lifetime.

Obviously impossible things never happen--I mean, it's impossible to lose 120 lbs in a year without surgery, right.

Yesterday I made the decision about this second thing, I'm in my place of calm, quiet joy right now just as I was on August 14, 2008, knowing I'd do the impossible and lose this weight.

I promise I will post about it after it happens--even though doing this second thing will be impossible. Within the next 12 months I think. :)

StringBean
08-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Wow...wow...wow...:)

kiramira
08-14-2009, 08:13 PM
I totally heart you!

You are AMAZING, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for your next new adventure...

Kira

starfishkitty
08-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Thank you so much for sharing that... I seriously feel so inspired now, and even more hopeful than I've already become! I'm so glad that you are so strong, because now it's helped make me even stronger... :hug: Thanks again :)