Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7''

Unhappy Will we EVER see the light?

I'm a little bit discouraged.

I've been binge eating for ten years, in different "ways" (more or less food, more or less often). I've managed at least to control the effects, I mean that I've learnt not to panic and to be confident that if I get back on track everything will go alright. And my weight agrees with this, I've never been so thin.

BUT

it just depresses me SO MUCH that I still binge. One day a week, once in a month... it doesn't matter.
Will I EVER win this battle? Will I ever be free from binge eating?

I mean seriously, I need to know. I know that you are all encouraging, like "yes you can do this!" and thanks for that girls
But I need to know if SOMEONE of you really got rid of this disease.

Because to me one month binge-free, or 6 months binge-free, is not enough. OF COURSE it's a great accomplishment and I would SIGN WITH MY BLOOD for that , but I would like to know if out there there is someone who has been NOT ONLY binge-free for years... but also someone who doesn't think about food and calories and body all the time like me.
Let's say someone who had an eating disease and not only the disease is won, but this person is living with a "normal" approach to food. Like a very young kid with no counsciuosness.

Am I asking too much? Is it possible or should I be ready to face this thing all my life?

Last edited by Julietta; 08-12-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Julietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:53 PM   #2  
run2bstrong

S/C/G: 215.8/215.8/140

Height: 5'5"

Default I've wondered this too.

I've often wondered if I will ever go an extended period of time not obsessing about food, calorie content, or my body or is it just part of my chemical make up. The stinkin' thinkin' that runs through my head on a pretty regular basis is hard to change.

Carol
Missouri
run2bstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/145/125

Height: 5'3" *small frame* Current measurements: 36/29/41 *GOAL: 34/28/39*

Well I haven't binged in a week and that is a BIG accomplishment for me. Instead of b*tching at myself and saying "Oh you're a failure because you can't go a week without binging!" I say "Heck yes! I have gone a week without binging!" It doesn't matter how big or small the accomplishment, it is an accomplishment all the same. Binging once a week beats binging everyday, and that is the mindset that I have developed. Soon it may be that I crave to binge less often, but I'm taking it one step at a time!

And as far as getting to a time and a place where you aren't always thinking about you're weight, do we ever get to that place as women?? I have reached my goal weight several times, and once you STOP being conscientious about your weight you start slipping. You no longer care how many calories are in this or how many grams of fat are in that, and the scale slowly starts to creep back up again. Soon you're clothes start to get snug and you can't get into your favorite pair of skinny jeans. You get depressed that you've put on weight and start all over again! (Or maybe that's just me *shrugs*.) The way I see it is, weight loss is a lifetime battle. It is something that you will always have to stay on top of and control. Being healthy isn't easy, if it were we'd all be skinny! Give it your all and be committed. Set small obtainable goals and praise yourself for reaching those goals instead of beating yourself up every time you fail. Tell yourself that you are beautiful, and you deserve to be happy (BECAUSE YOU DO!) Just remember that food only makes you happy for a few minutes, but being thin would make you happy forever! Eat to live, don't live to eat!! That is something that I have to struggle with everyday, but I'm taking it one step at a time! We have to find comfort and happiness in things other than food! Painting, singing, dancing, gardening!! Whatever you love to do, do more of it!

We are all in this together!!

Kayla

Last edited by Curvz0002; 08-12-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Curvz0002 is offline   Reply With Quote