Old 08-11-2009, 09:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/169/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Calories in grapes?

Getting mixed results for my internet search for green and red grapes. For 1 cup green seedless (the kind you get @ groc. store to snack on), I've seen 56 cals (American) to 110 cals for European. That's a big difference! Please shed some light on this for me... I love grapes!
kellygram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

If your part of the country is the same as mine, you are probably eating the European grapes - even though most of the ones we get in the US are grown in Chile, they were developed in Europe, so that's what that type of grape is still called.

Unless, of course, you're actually eating "American" grapes - the kind with thick, bitter skin, where the flesh inside kinda squeezes out of the skin when you eat them. This includes Concord grapes. If so.. I'm jealous, lol. I haven't had any of those in a long time!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:43 AM   #3  

It looks like if you weigh them, 1.7 oz is approx. the same amount of calories (per calorie king):
Fruit, Fresh: Grapes, Red or Green (European type, such as Thompson seedless), raw 1.7 ounces = 34 calories
Fruit, Fresh: Grapes, American (slip skin), raw, edible portion 1.7 ounces = 32 calories

Hope that helps!
LoveChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/124/98

Height: 5'2

I tried looking it up msyelf and I found that it contains about 4 calories per grape
So I mainly just go by that
SereNADExSkies is offline   Reply With Quote