Weight Loss Support - Calling all not so short but not so tall girls!

kiahna23
08-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Ok so I have seen 2 threads..One with tall girls and one with short girls...The taller girls was 5ft 10 and up and the shorter was 5ft 2 and up! SO what about us 5ft 4in or 5ft 5in girls!? lol....This thread is for us! What going on is your lives right now? What diet are you on? Whats the result? ANd what workouts are you doing?

Lets get our post up to what the tall and short have done....Speak out medium height girls! lol...

Jokan
08-10-2009, 09:41 PM
5'4 representin!!!!!!!!!! Well, right now I've been watching the calories and exercising. I just started jogging about three weeks ago, done 6 miles on Thursday and could hardly walk the next day(too much too quick) but I also do dvd's and ride my bike. I just have to be doing something!!

Sunnigummi
08-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Yay to being a medium height!!

I'm on a low-calorie diet right now. Really accounting for every morsel put in my mouth. That means sitting here on Fitday and plugging in every ingredient in the dishes I make and overestimating calories on foods eaten out if I don't know how many calories they contain. I'm also exercising everyday. That's a goal. I dance/do a video in the morning for an hour and in the evening play tennis or go for a 2-3 mile walk.

I would say it's not working. I keep hovering between 166 and 165. I made a breakthrough last week with 164, but it's getting harder to drop the weight. Sigh.

My biggest issue right now is keeping my cals at 1800 (my own goal). I was eating about 2300 before, so I thought I'd drop it by 500 to result in a 1 lb loss per week. That's not going so well. I'm trying not to get discouraged...

This whole post sounded depressing, haha. I'm happy I'm keeping to my goal of eating fruits and veggies and whole grain carbs. I'm also happy I'm exercising everyday (accomplishing ONE of my goals), so it's going but slowly and I'm impatient. :p

kiahna23
08-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Yay to being a medium height!!

I'm on a low-calorie diet right now. Really accounting for every morsel put in my mouth. That means sitting here on Fitday and plugging in every ingredient in the dishes I make and overestimating calories on foods eaten out if I don't know how many calories they contain. I'm also exercising everyday. That's a goal. I dance/do a video in the morning for an hour and in the evening play tennis or go for a 2-3 mile walk.

I would say it's not working. I keep hovering between 166 and 165. I made a breakthrough last week with 164, but it's getting harder to drop the weight. Sigh.

My biggest issue right now is keeping my cals at 1800 (my own goal). I was eating about 2300 before, so I thought I'd drop it by 500 to result in a 1 lb loss per week. That's not going so well. I'm trying not to get discouraged...

This whole post sounded depressing, haha. I'm happy I'm keeping to my goal of eating fruits and veggies and whole grain carbs. I'm also happy I'm exercising everyday (accomplishing ONE of my goals), so it's going but slowly and I'm impatient. :p

Have you looked at the P90X? You are sure to lose weight on that! Or insanity...go to beachbody.com

kiahna23
08-10-2009, 09:53 PM
5'4 representin!!!!!!!!!! Well, right now I've been watching the calories and exercising. I just started jogging about three weeks ago, done 6 miles on Thursday and could hardly walk the next day(too much too quick) but I also do dvd's and ride my bike. I just have to be doing something!!

Awesome! Hey to the medium heright girls! lol...

We are 5ft 3in to 5ft 6in! lol....or even 5ft 7in...

murphmitch
08-10-2009, 09:56 PM
The taller girls was 5ft 10 and up and the shorter was 5ft 2 and up! SO what about us 5ft 4in or 5ft 5in girls!?

I'm 5' 3" and loving South Beach diet. I'm in the best shape of my life. Here's to clean eating. :D

Aclai4067
08-10-2009, 10:11 PM
ha. Do I need to make a moderately tall girls thread? 5'8

Lori Bell
08-10-2009, 10:52 PM
I 'm representing the 5'7" girls....what about us? :)

juliastl27
08-11-2009, 12:47 AM
ha. Do I need to make a moderately tall girls thread? 5'8

im 5'8 too! i was surprised that the tall girls thread starts at 5'10, i think 5'8 is pretty darn tall!

kiahna23
08-11-2009, 03:07 AM
im 5'8 too! i was surprised that the tall girls thread starts at 5'10, i think 5'8 is pretty darn tall!

5ft 8 is pretty tall but you guys are welcome with us moderate and medium height women...We are misplaced....lol

kiahna23
08-11-2009, 03:09 AM
I 'm representing the 5'7" girls....what about us? :)

Ur in our group! Since short was 5ft 2 and tall was 5ft 10 and above! lol...Hows life?

Jacquie668
08-11-2009, 06:28 AM
Bah I thought I was 5'6" and found out I am 5'5" and I found that out when I ordered a few pair of jeans with a 32inch inseam and they are all too long lol. So I remeasured and it kept coming back as 5'5" lol.

5'5" here..maybe I'm 5'5" and a half! :D hehe

Sunnigummi
08-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Same here, Jacquie66. I always thought I was 5'6" and I recently measured and turns out I'm 5'5". Blah.

jamiewyn
08-11-2009, 08:46 AM
5'7" here! Counting calories and trying to build a little muscle. So far, so good!

TamiL
08-11-2009, 09:54 AM
5'3" here, do we count? Not exactly real short but not close to tall either, LOL

Low carbing my weight down to 125. Almost there but still going.

Thighs Be Gone
08-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Hey..what about me...I don't qualify for ANY of the THREE groups!

Let me in, let me in, said the little red hen!

iDream
08-11-2009, 10:17 AM
5'5" here and just made my first major goal today!! :carrot:
I've been calorie counting and exercising! Whaddya know, it really does work! :lol:

Nice to meet all the Medium Height Girls!! :)

Aclai4067
08-11-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm doing weight watchers. Slowly pulling out of a plateau right now. I just got back in the YMCA after a week off last night. Hurts so good!

EveLHaelf
08-11-2009, 12:55 PM
5'5'' chickie over here! HOLLA! :D

And congrats crazymama!

kiahna23
08-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Bah I thought I was 5'6" and found out I am 5'5" and I found that out when I ordered a few pair of jeans with a 32inch inseam and they are all too long lol. So I remeasured and it kept coming back as 5'5" lol.

5'5" here..maybe I'm 5'5" and a half! :D hehe

Wats up? Hows your dieting and weightloss goals coming along.

kiahna23
08-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I've been calorie counting and exercising! Whaddya know, it really does work! :lol:

Hey! Yes I too am trying to count calories since my weight loss seemed to come to a hault.

kiahna23
08-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Hey..what about me...I don't qualify for ANY of the THREE groups!

Let me in, let me in, said the little red hen!

Your welcome here! If you cant be in the 5ft 2 and under or 5ft 10 and over then you can be in this group...

Echo
08-11-2009, 03:03 PM
haha awesome thread Kiahna23 !!!

i'd like to join in too!! i'm 5 foot 7! *hi-5* all around - my medium height chicas!

well i've been trying to lose weight all my life, its been up and down, but this time i'm getting serious! i love this site!! its amazing.

for the past 6 months i've been hovering around 173lbs-166lbs. up and down..

but last year at my heaviest i was 179.2lbs (last october) and today i am 170.2lbs. i was looking through the diary, and was shocked - i had forgotten! and so i felt abit better how far i have come even though my diet has not been consistent at all and been exercising on and off since october.

but made me realise that small differences have an accumulative effect over a long period of time :)

i really want to hit through the 166lbs barrier (the lowest i've been this year) and keep going..

my diet is basically the south beach diet. vegetables, fresh raw salads, and protein. staying away from processed foods and bread and carbs. once a week i'm allowed a cheat day to eat whatever i am craving. and i exercise everyday (with the odd day off here and there).

my exercise is :
either jumping on the trampoline :trampo: or running in the park (interval with walking) or doing loads of squats with hand held weights and ab crunches.

Diva
08-11-2009, 03:27 PM
YAY! :cb: I'm so happy someone thought about us! I was feeling left out! LOL!

I count the calories and try and keep my carbs under 150 a day. I usually workout at the GYM on the Treadmill doing intervals and on the Elliptical. I try and do strength training 2 to 3 times a week, and sometimes I do the WATP's videos and various DVD's.

I also try and jump into some challenges I see in the 3 places I post. :D

Echo
08-11-2009, 03:27 PM

WELL DONE on getting your BMI to normal! that's brilliant!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

kiahna23
08-11-2009, 04:04 PM
YAY! :cb: I'm so happy someone thought about us! I was feeling left out! LOL!

I count the calories and try and keep my carbs under 150 a day. I usually workout at the GYM on the Treadmill doing intervals and on the Elliptical. I try and do strength training 2 to 3 times a week, and sometimes I do the WATP's videos and various DVD's.

I also try and jump into some challenges I see in the 3 places I post. :D

Thats cool! I am a P90Xer and Im tryin to get in shape to do the Shaun T Insanity...on beachbody.com....Halloween is my 20lb weight loss goal mark....

kiahna23
08-11-2009, 04:05 PM
haha awesome thread Kiahna23 !!!

i'd like to join in too!! i'm 5 foot 7! *hi-5* all around - my medium height chicas!

well i've been trying to lose weight all my life, its been up and down, but this time i'm getting serious! i love this site!! its amazing.

for the past 6 months i've been hovering around 173lbs-166lbs. up and down..

but last year at my heaviest i was 179.2lbs (last october) and today i am 170.2lbs. i was looking through the diary, and was shocked - i had forgotten! and so i felt abit better how far i have come even though my diet has not been consistent at all and been exercising on and off since october.

but made me realise that small differences have an accumulative effect over a long period of time :)

i really want to hit through the 166lbs barrier (the lowest i've been this year) and keep going..

my diet is basically the south beach diet. vegetables, fresh raw salads, and protein. staying away from processed foods and bread and carbs. once a week i'm allowed a cheat day to eat whatever i am craving. and i exercise everyday (with the odd day off here and there).

my exercise is :
either jumping on the trampoline :trampo: or running in the park (interval with walking) or doing loads of squats with hand held weights and ab crunches.

Trampoline? That souds fun! Try the ab ripper X its 16 minutes and pure pain! lol....From the P90X

Echo
08-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Trampoline? That souds fun! Try the ab ripper X its 16 minutes and pure pain! lol....From the P90X

its one of those mini trampolines. called a rebounder ! it is good as its low impact on my knees.

thanks!
what is this P90x ?

kiahna23
08-11-2009, 04:14 PM
its one of those mini trampolines. called a rebounder ! it is good as its low impact on my knees.

thanks!
what is this P90x ?

Its a workout routine that is over 90 days and you do differnt workouts every day...Look on youtube.com and look up P90X...women and men videos...word your searches differently and you can go to beachbody.com....Its so worth it...I have been doing to for almost 2 weeks and I already look good naked! lol...Word your searches differently on youtube.com to maximize your video findings...before and after P90X....or women and P90X...you know? Check it out.

Echo
08-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Its a workout routine that is over 90 days and you do differnt workouts every day...Look on youtube.com and look up P90X...women and men videos...word your searches differently and you can go to beachbody.com....Its so worth it...I have been doing to for almost 2 weeks and I already look good naked! lol...Word your searches differently on youtube.com to maximize your video findings...before and after P90X....or women and P90X...you know? Check it out.

cool!!! sounds great! thanks alot :)

okay have checked it out. it sounds really good! i'm gonna give it a try!! :-)

is there a p90x thread?

well done on you losing so much weight!!

kiahna23
08-11-2009, 04:54 PM
cool!!! sounds great! thanks alot :)

well done on you losing so much weight!!

Thanks echo...Im doing low to no carb right now and eating lots of fruit..I ate a rib eye steak about a week ago and today I FINALLY had a real bowel movement..I had LOTs of fiber and no major foods that were heavy for a week and lost about 4lbs...Im going to keep up what Im doing..Butlook up the P90X it will make you try it..THe results are ridiculous! Can you say sexy abs!? lol...

Cali Doll
08-11-2009, 04:57 PM

ITA! 5'8" is most definitely tall! ;)

kiahna23
08-11-2009, 05:02 PM
ITA! 5'8" is most definitely tall! ;)

It doesnt seem to be tall enough for the tall group! lol...So you are welcome here!

Diva
08-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Congratz on looking good naked Kia! LOL! That was cute!
I'm also gonna check out this P90X! It might catch on and we'll need a thread for it on the Exercise forum! You might start a trend girly!;)

kiahna23
08-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Congratz on looking good naked Kia! LOL! That was cute!
I'm also gonna check out this P90X! It might catch on and we'll need a thread for it on the Exercise forum! You might start a trend girly!;)

Thanks! its so worth it...But ofcourse you should look it up...Look up P90X on search engines and youtube...you wont be disappointed! I promise.

kiahna23
08-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Come on girls lets up this thread! lol

Echo
08-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks echo...Im doing low to no carb right now and eating lots of fruit..I ate a rib eye steak about a week ago and today I FINALLY had a real bowel movement..I had LOTs of fiber and no major foods that were heavy for a week and lost about 4lbs...Im going to keep up what Im doing..Butlook up the P90X it will make you try it..THe results are ridiculous! Can you say sexy abs!? lol...

you have convinced me!!! i'm getting into the programe :carrot: and hope to start it on thursday!! sounds really interesting!

and congrats on working so hard ! :cheer:

and i agree - we might need a thread dedicated to p90x ! you can be our ring leader lol

Cali Doll
08-11-2009, 08:22 PM
It doesnt seem to be tall enough for the tall group! lol...So you are welcome here!

Thank you for having me! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

kiahna23
08-11-2009, 09:05 PM
you have convinced me!!! i'm getting into the programe :carrot: and hope to start it on thursday!! sounds really interesting!

and congrats on working so hard ! :cheer:

and i agree - we might need a thread dedicated to p90x ! you can be our ring leader lol

I cant wait to see your results! Remember...majority of diet is nutrition....No workout will work like you want it to if you DONT eat right...

kiahna23
08-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Thank you for having me! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Your welcome! :hug:

Thighs Be Gone
08-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Hey Chickadees! Things here are going okay. My weight didn't go down or up today--I am stable. I had to go out to Home Depot @ 7 this morning to get mulch! BLECH! It was hard to lug and put out but my yard looks good and I counted it as my exercise for today. Is that bad?

Our house is going on the market so I am so stressing. Lots of calories to be burned is the way I am looking at it. I have gotten most everything ready. I guess I will be getting up every morning to "PER-FECT" everything before leaving out for the day.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I hope my house sells. If you have any pointers for selling lemme know! So far I have put 1/2 my stuff into storage and cleaned my home until it's like new--closets, windows, drawers, etc. I put in fresh flowers and mulch. I even bought some Febreeze today which I never use.

Annita
08-12-2009, 12:54 PM
5'6-5'7 here (i'm not exactly sure with the inches and stuff since i use centimeter. 170 cm exact ^^)

i'm getting lazier and lazier everyday. I do eat moderately, but exercise... meh... :( Lately i only spend 30 minutes on not so intense workout. And i know i need more. My study is just way too busy (i have only 3 months more to complete it). Everyday is intense so i lack time on exercise. But still, i have time to online. Talk about excuses. >"< I'll try my best to exercise more >"<

Nice to meet all ^_^

EveLHaelf
08-12-2009, 12:57 PM
I wanna try P90X but I am in noooo shape to do so right now! I'm just starting out and I can only do one pushup (on a good day) and there's no way I can even do a single pullup. So I'll keep doing my biggest loser workouts until I lost a good chunk of weight and then I will certainly be trying it to get all ripped and sexy! :D

got2bhappy
08-12-2009, 05:29 PM
I am 5' 5.5" (haha). Calorie counting, been doing it for almost 2 weeks, and have lost about 8 lbs. I use an app on my iphone called loseit! for tracking calories and exercise. I have been using the Wii fit almost every night and am up to 20 minutes at a time of jogging in place. I am hoping to lose about 80 lbs in all, and then I will reevaluate. My first mini-goal, is of course to be below 200.

I find it challenging to fit everything in - I work full time and have a 2.5 year old and an almost-1-year old. But this is important to me and I know I can do it this time. I just cant give up. It has been great to read posts on this site to help inspire and push myself.

kiramira
08-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Totally 5'7" -- not TALL, not SMALL, just ME!!!!

Nice that there's this thread...

Now, off to WW to -gasp- weigh in....drum roll...I have no idea cause I only weigh weekly. I'm prepared for my monthly bump UP the scale...:(

Kira

Aclai4067
08-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Good luck. I weigh-in tomorrow. Didn't get to my normal WW meeting last week so I'll be happy to return to my group

Bette k
08-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Hi All,
since I'm 5'5 I guess this is where I belong, right. I'm doing basic calorie counting/ just watching what I eat. I'm also working on increasing my exercise. I've really fallen off the last few days, so today is a pick myself up and start over again.
Bette K

kiahna23
08-13-2009, 01:23 AM
Hi All,
since I'm 5'5 I guess this is where I belong, right. I'm doing basic calorie counting/ just watching what I eat. I'm also working on increasing my exercise. I've really fallen off the last few days, so today is a pick myself up and start over again.
Bette K

Im trying the calorie counting and my P90X.....Carbs make me keep weight on...and fats...

kiahna23
08-13-2009, 01:26 AM
I wanna try P90X but I am in noooo shape to do so right now! I'm just starting out and I can only do one pushup (on a good day) and there's no way I can even do a single pullup. So I'll keep doing my biggest loser workouts until I lost a good chunk of weight and then I will certainly be trying it to get all ripped and sexy! :D

They have a test in the P90X book and if you cant do the test then you shouldnt do the workout...You have to be able to do 15 on the knee pushups.....You may want to wait till you get stronger.

kiahna23
08-13-2009, 01:27 AM
Totally 5'7" -- not TALL, not SMALL, just ME!!!!

Nice that there's this thread...

Now, off to WW to -gasp- weigh in....drum roll...I have no idea cause I only weigh weekly. I'm prepared for my monthly bump UP the scale...:(

Kira

Cheer up! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Your going to do great! Keep up the work....think of the future...thats what I do...lol.

kiahna23
08-13-2009, 01:28 AM
5'6-5'7 here (i'm not exactly sure with the inches and stuff since i use centimeter. 170 cm exact ^^)

i'm getting lazier and lazier everyday. I do eat moderately, but exercise... meh... :( Lately i only spend 30 minutes on not so intense workout. And i know i need more. My study is just way too busy (i have only 3 months more to complete it). Everyday is intense so i lack time on exercise. But still, i have time to online. Talk about excuses. >"< I'll try my best to exercise more >"<

Nice to meet all ^_^

I understand...I need to take my workouts more seriously..I workout at like 11pm sometimes! lol...I need to buckle down.

kiahna23
08-13-2009, 01:29 AM
Hey Chickadees! Things here are going okay. My weight didn't go down or up today--I am stable. I had to go out to Home Depot @ 7 this morning to get mulch! BLECH! It was hard to lug and put out but my yard looks good and I counted it as my exercise for today. Is that bad?

Our house is going on the market so I am so stressing. Lots of calories to be burned is the way I am looking at it. I have gotten most everything ready. I guess I will be getting up every morning to "PER-FECT" everything before leaving out for the day.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I hope my house sells. If you have any pointers for selling lemme know! So far I have put 1/2 my stuff into storage and cleaned my home until it's like new--closets, windows, drawers, etc. I put in fresh flowers and mulch. I even bought some Febreeze today which I never use.

I hope you and the hubby get a good deal on the house! Good Luck! Keep up the work..stay on track! we help eachother. :hug:

Echo
08-13-2009, 06:52 AM
They have a test in the P90X book and if you cant do the test then you shouldnt do the workout...You have to be able to do 15 on the knee pushups.....You may want to wait till you get stronger.

i cant do a single pushup either! i can barely do a girl push up. how does one train to do a push up ?:(

kiramira
08-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Morning, everyone! Good news, down 1.5 lbs making me just shy of 80 lbs down!!!
My WW meeting has changed in the past few weeks. Our leader, Bonnie, is amazing. She used to do 2 meetings a week, but has cut back to 1 meeting a week. So her Tuesday night group has joined with the Wednesday night group and I must say, the Tuesday night group sucks. I mean, I understand that they are a group and all, but they CONSTANTLY talk amongst themselves for the entire meeting, and I can barely hear Bonnie speak. It is really distracting, so I talked to Bonnie about it and we'll see what happens. But I just might have to step up and say, "I know this is a really social group, but I'd love to be able to hear what Bonnie has to say"...great, I get to the be the wet blanket of reality AGAIN, and you ALL know how people react to THAT...sigh...

Kira

angieaang
08-13-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm 5'5" and loving my "average" height LOL!

EveLHaelf
08-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Kira, I hate it when people just chat the whole time during something like that! SOOOO annoying! I agree if Bonnie doesn't do anything to stop it you should totally step up! :hug:

I can do around twenty on the knee pushups (girl pushups) and only one regular on my toes pushup. What I did training wise to be able to do a pushup was I would do as many knee pushups as I could until exhaustion, wait a few minutes then do it again and repeat. And on days when I went to the gym I would use the chest press machine as well. Hopefully I'll be able to crank out two 'manly' pushups soon! :p

Echo
08-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Kira, I hate it when people just chat the whole time during something like that! SOOOO annoying! I agree if Bonnie doesn't do anything to stop it you should totally step up! :hug:

I can do around twenty on the knee pushups (girl pushups) and only one regular on my toes pushup. What I did training wise to be able to do a pushup was I would do as many knee pushups as I could until exhaustion, wait a few minutes then do it again and repeat. And on days when I went to the gym I would use the chest press machine as well. Hopefully I'll be able to crank out two 'manly' pushups soon! :p

wow thats awesome!!! thanks for the advice. i will try that !! :)

i found a video on youtube to do push ups against the wall!! to get you started as a beginner. i just tried it!! its great! will do them against the wall. as i could only barely do one girly push up. need to build up the strength in my wrist and arms..

kiahna23
08-13-2009, 05:58 PM
wow thats awesome!!! thanks for the advice. i will try that !! :)

i found a video on youtube to do push ups against the wall!! to get you started as a beginner. i just tried it!! its great! will do them against the wall. as i could only barely do one girly push up. need to build up the strength in my wrist and arms..

I have awful arm strength too! lol...My lower body strength is awesome! I do very well on the leg exercises....Im about to enter week 3...My kids saw my abs when I woke up this morning and they were like WOW! lol....You will see a difference as long as you lower the carbs and dont eat fastfood or overeat.

Echo
08-13-2009, 06:10 PM
I have awful arm strength too! lol...My lower body strength is awesome! I do very well on the leg exercises....Im about to enter week 3...My kids saw my abs when I woke up this morning and they were like WOW! lol....You will see a difference as long as you lower the carbs and dont eat fastfood or overeat.

wow thats amazing! well done!!

oooh i cant wait to try it! :carrot:

beaka
08-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Hey!!! I'm 5'5"

I mainly just try to eat more of the good stuff (veggies, whole grains, and lean meats) and less of the bad stuff. I like to get some form of exercise in 5x a week too.

Echo
08-13-2009, 06:48 PM
hey welcome Beaka!! your plan sounds alot like mine! well done on your weight lost so far!

EveLHaelf
08-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Just found out that Jillian Michaels is endorsing diet pills now....What's up with that? :?:

rachinma
08-14-2009, 01:56 PM
OK, so I always say I'm 5'4". But, as it turns out, I'm only 5'3". Bummer. ;)

I've been sticking to whole foods, working out with a trainer, and just trying to make smart choices. Less carbs, but not low carbs. Lots of protein, but not 160g.

Today, I tried on a pair of size 30 Lucky Brand jeans and they fit! :D

rachinma
08-14-2009, 02:02 PM
How many push-ups do they say you should be able to do to start? My trainer had me do 15 real pushups yesterday (then break) then 15 more (then break) then 10 more (plus 5 modified). I thought my arms were going to fall off. :p

I was thinking about P90X, but I can never manage to find time for DVDs. I will go to the gym, though.

I have a friend whose husband started P90X for one day and then quit, and now she affectionately refers to it as P89X. ;)

EveLHaelf
08-15-2009, 12:01 AM
I have a friend whose husband started P90X for one day and then quit, and now she affectionately refers to it as P89X. ;)

:rofl:

dcapulet
08-15-2009, 12:06 AM
::peeks in::

I'm 5'7.5... can i come in? :)

maryshady
08-15-2009, 07:47 AM
I'm a 5'5 here! Glad to meet all the medium height chickies!!!
I work out 5 days a week, mostly BL dvd's, turbo jam, and power 90. The only thing about power 90 is its kinda boring but I really feel it the next day. I was counting calories but seriously fell off that wagon about 4 months ago but I am back today!!!

i cant do a single pushup either! i can barely do a girl push up. how does one train to do a push up ?:(

Start by doing push ups against the wall standing up. It really works!! When my friend and I started doing the BL workouts she couldn't do the girl push ups either so she started out against the wall then graduated to putting her hands on a step and now she can do at least 20 girl push ups in about 4 months time.

kiahna23
08-16-2009, 05:53 PM
How many push-ups do they say you should be able to do to start? My trainer had me do 15 real pushups yesterday (then break) then 15 more (then break) then 10 more (plus 5 modified). I thought my arms were going to fall off. :p

I was thinking about P90X, but I can never manage to find time for DVDs. I will go to the gym, though.

That was freaking hilarious! P89X?! lol...Its hard but you get use to it after like a week or so...

kiahna23
08-16-2009, 05:54 PM

You have to do 15 girl push ups...and that dreaded wall squat! for like a min...

kiahna23
08-16-2009, 05:55 PM
::peeks in::

I'm 5'7.5... can i come in? :)

yes maam you can! lol.....we are the medium height girls!

rachinma
08-16-2009, 09:40 PM
You have to do 15 girl push ups...and that dreaded wall squat! for like a min...
Well, I've got that in the bag. :carrot:

But I am not sure I can commit to an hour a day for six days a week for three months. Are all the workouts DVDs or can I work out in the gym?

EmmaD
08-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Hi! 5'6" here! I am always interested in seeing what other women ~my height look like at various weights. I know we are all a little different but it gives me a visual about what the scale numbers translate into.

There was a thread a while back by Haven (5'6" as well), who showed her progress over 12 weeks. Really dramatic results as she dropped her body fat. If you didn't see it, it's worth a look!

Here's the 3FC thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/171924-12-week-fat-loss-journy-just-do-thread.html

And here is the direct YouTube link to her videos:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gettingshredded&view=videos

I am also focused on getting my body fat down! For now, I'm mostly doing gym classes - BodyPump (cardio and strength-training) and Zumba - walking/jogging and trying to do yoga regularly again. Oh, and calorie-counting. 1350-1400 for now. Might bust out and calorie-cycle but I'm not organized enough to plan that out yet :)

mom4life
08-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Can I come? I'm 5"4.5' I know I must be an odd ball with that .5 LOL My husband didn't believe the half till he measured me and was shocked. So now he's confused for me on what to put in those areas where they ask for your height. Do I put 5"4 or 5"5? Who knows? I just put 5"4 :-)
I'm still working hard. I'm on the calorie counting diet and loving it. I'm getting very close to celebrating my mid-way point in my weight loss. 5.8 lbs left.

Echo
08-17-2009, 10:19 AM

i can barely do one knee push up. i'm still building up my strength by doing wall push ups :)

that wall squat is a killer! lol i couldnt make it to the 1 minute mark. i did 50 seconds.

i just did day 1 !! :cheer2: but i adapted the exercises. instead of pull ups, i used my weights. and did push ups against the wall.

during the p90x test though -i went into the garden to see how many pull ups i could do. we have this wooden beam thingy. i put gloves on, not the most comfortable thing to grip on as its square. but i used this table thing to rest my feet and legs. and i did about 12 but having my feet supported on the table. lol. so cheating really lol cause i cant do a pull up