Alternachicks - August Alternachat!

View Full Version : August Alternachat!

going2Bhealthy
08-10-2009, 06:29 PM
How is everyone doing??

I couldn't seem to find a chat thread anywhere and the forum seems to have slowed somewhat - I hope it's because everyone is busy with holidays, fun things or keeping fit :D

I need a serious kick up the butt... I've done nothing for my health recently. Every so often I will throw myself back into a healthy eating plan and manage it for 2/3rds of the day and then something goes wrong and I find myself with a chocoalte bar in my hand. Something just isn't clicking with me... I'm desperately trying to find my motivation and will power but they seem to have gone on holiday and left me behind!

So, I'm just going to try and seriously take it one day at a time. Tomorrow I am setting myself the target of staying on plan which means eating all my meals and snacks on time and not straying by eating junk food or drinking fizzy drinks or alcohol and I want to go for a walk too. At least for an hour.

I hope everyone is having a good summer. What are everyones goals? It's nearly over and it feels like it hasn't even begun!! :dizzy:

Take Care Chicas!! :hug:

mauvaisroux
08-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Hey everyone -:wave:

I am off on holiday for a week so I won't be around much. I am hoping to have a fun vacation but still maintain my current weight . . .or hopefully lose some! :crossed:

sweetheat888
08-11-2009, 05:49 PM
i actually just found this forum after lurking around the other communities and i know i fit in really well here....

ive been dieting and doing the shred workout since june 2nd but i really wasn't losing much....so i started low carbing around july 15th and so far ive lost about 14 pounds....ill be 26 the 21st of august and ive really packed on weight in the last 4 years.....i used to starve myself and take ephedra for weight loss when i was in my teens and 20's but when they outlawed ephedra and i stopped taking it the weight just piled on and my metabolism was wrecked....i started eating like crap and drinking mountain dew.but i realized after i gained like 50 pounds that i did not want to be overweight and unhealthy....so here i am.

maria,i totally understand about having a chocolate bar ,lol,i crave chocolate so bad during pms..... but then i found out i could have chocolate cool whip because it doesn't have that many carbs....so when i crave choc. i just get a spoon of cool whip....i also make myself excersice when i feel like giving up...i do the 30 day shred. its only 20 minutes and i always feel re-motivated after.
your hair is awesome btw......i just dyed mine pink !

thugzneedhugz
08-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Hey all!

My goal is to first get back to my last summers weight of 155

I'm sitting at 167-169 right now ;/

Alcohol is probably the main issue so I'm trying to stear clear of that.
My bf is in a band and we're always surrounded by temptations at show that are 99% of the time in bars.

The main hurdle is going to be not drinking when he is. Or when I'm around everyone having fun.

I just know if I don't cut the majority of the alcohol calories outta my diet then its hopeless to lose and weight. Blah,

but I also don't wanna replace with something worse.

We'll see how it goes- anyone got any tips?advice?jokes!? Haha
Later all

Gypsy Severina
08-12-2009, 02:54 AM
Well so far the month is not going so hot. I had swine flu two weeks ago and apparently that screwed up my inner ear, so I'm dizzy lying down, can't sleep if it's dark because it feels like it's pressing against me, random pains and numbness, etc. Add that to starting the TOM today, and well... not a happy person. Just so I don't like a completely stereotypical depressed Goth, I did join Weight Watchers and love it so far, it's so much easier than writing down everything on sticky notes and fairly cheap (and nicer to the environment and the pandas. I care about the pandas). As always, the only good thing about not being well is that you lose weight; I can't cook because I can't stand upright for that long, so it's been spaghetti and lots of fluids. Here's to a fantastic Lammas!

sweetheat888
08-12-2009, 10:07 AM
so sorry to here your not feeling well gypsy.....ive had inner ear problems a few years ago and i know how bad that sucks....do you know how you caught swine flu?does it feel different that the regular flu?
anyway,hope you feel better asap!

Gypsy Severina
08-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Thanks sweetheat. Swine flu feels just like regular flu, I'm not quite sure what makes it so dangerous. Two other people in my summer class caught it at the same time and were out for the week as well so we got a reprieve from some of the work. I think I caught it at the mall when I was home with my parents, we're not sure. My mother who's a nurse was the one who told me that since it wasn't flu season, it was more likely than not swine flu.

What did they give you for the inner ear problems and how long does it take to go away? I'm starting a job in two weeks and school and I'd like to not be on the verge of passing out all the time.

DivineFidelity
08-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi everyone =D

I definitely feel like i fit in this forum the best, but I HAD noticed a definite lack of activity which is why I hadn't really posted much before now. lol

Gypsy I've had my share of inner ear problems as well...i used to get a terrible inner ear infection once every couple of years, and I've actually had to have tubes in my ears twice....and I definitely remember how much that sucked. Since my inner ear problems were all infections, they were just giving me antibiotics and decongestants....and sometimes they'd give me ear drops for the pain. The amount of time it takes to go away really depends on how bad you let it get before you went to go see a doctor...lol. I do hope you feel better soon =/

Maria, I TOTALLY understand the trouble with staying on plan. Two nights ago, I had mcdonalds for dinner...and not a salad, a 10 piece chicken nugget meal, soda fries and all. Yesterday I had about 4 or 5 huge greasy onion rings at a bowling alley, AND long john silvers...and today I had long john silvers AGAIN. I think its because my boyfriend is here and he doesn't want to eat my "crappy diet food" and so he's always like "i'm gonna go get something" and I have tons of trouble resisting the temptation....
I WANT to lose the weight, I'm just finding it so hard to stay motivated and stay on track >.<

sweetheat888
08-12-2009, 07:50 PM
gypsy,i think they gave me some ear drops and antibiotics. its been awhile so i can't remember the name of the meds....im so sorry your sick though....hopefully it passes pretty quick and you'll be good as new :)

divine,my husband and son eat junk food all the time......my biggest crave is mountain dew and dr. pepper.....and we have 2 cases of each in my fridge,lol.
i was having a ton of problem with motivation back when i first started in June. i would diet all day then drink sodas at night. then i started low carbing
in july and i have had no cravings for sugar as of today (except pms)....i don't know what happened,its just like i don't crave sugar anymore and i feel awesome.plus i get to eat steak and omlets,so i guess that helps. btw,what kind of diet/fitness plans are you girls on?

i hope this forum picks up because i think its pretty rad =D

DivineFidelity
08-12-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm doing WW @ home...my mom had the books lying around so I decided to try it, and when the bf isn't here, it's super easy for me to stick to and keep track of. I'm also drinking the slim fast shakes in the morning, but that's just because I like them and they are simple and I have to get up for work at 4:30am...so anything more complicated then that just isn't an option for me...lol

I wouldn't know about what I'm going to crave when I'm on my TOM...because I haven't been dieting for long enough to know. lol. I hope it's nothing too bad though, because if I was really feeling that badly, I don't think I'd be able to resist >.<

sweetheat888
08-12-2009, 09:38 PM
dude..

during TOM is the worst.....i want to eat chocolate so bad.....last month i made my son give me a bite of his candybar,then i felt guilty while i was chewing and spit it in the garbage.....cool whip definately helps though...they have different flavors so i bought strawberry this time :)

Idealmuse
08-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I haven't posted here in quite a while. To be honest I just seem to suck at keeping up with the "chat" threads. Plus I've been busy with the Triathlon stuff... and lately I just feel old. :P

DivineFidelity
08-12-2009, 10:16 PM
everybody talks about cool whip, but i haven't actually looked at the nutritional information on it. is it really not that bad for you?...i always figured it was terrible...lol

what's really helped me i think is the WW fudgesicles they sell in stores...and also there are crystal light popsicles and stuff....haha

sweetheat888
08-12-2009, 10:57 PM
basically cool whip is 25 calories and 2 carbs per serving.....which is 2 tbsps...good stuff!

i haven't tried the crystal light popsicles im going to check the grocery store next time im there.

DivineFidelity
08-12-2009, 11:13 PM
they are REALLY good. the one thing i've had issues with involving crystal light is sometimes it tastes very watered down...
but the popsicles are not like that at all! the lemonade one is almost TOO sour. it's great =D

sweetheat888
08-12-2009, 11:32 PM
lemonade=yummeh!!!!

i love lemonade and lime-ade flavored drinks,also if you like hawaiian punch they have them in those little to go packets now...the kind you put in water bottles and shake em up...they are soooo awesome!

btw,divine,i saw your red hair in the photo thread....it looked so bad-a$$!!!
i dyed mine pink the other day but it turned almost red....i have a pic on my profile page....anyway...yeah,red hair definately looks great on you :)

going2Bhealthy
08-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Yay, some poeple to chat to :carrot:

I've been falling off and clambering back onto the diet wagon pretty much daily. However, I've managed to note why this keeps happening...

1 - I don't get up early enough to eat a proper breakfast so I find myself skipping straight to lunch and then I've missed out on a bunch of calories by the end of the day so I'm still hungry and craving sugars.
2 - When I do get up I don't eat straight away, so when I do get round to it I'm really hungry and whatever I eat never quite seems to fill me up.
3 - Boredom. I'm unemployed right now so just lazing around the house is not doing me any favours as I seem to be clock watching waiting for when I can next eat and I'm always a great one for boredom eating (and smoking :o)

So, I'm going to aim for getting up at 9am, having my breakfast and 9.30 and preparing my snacks for the day there and then so all I have to worry about is my lunch and dinner. Me and the bf also managed to find a mystery bag of haribos the other night, but *ahem* we ate them all so there is no need to worry about junk in the house :o

mauvaisroux I hope you have a great holiday! x

sweetheat I hate TOM cravings, I always seem to give into them too, as if menstruating is an excuse to eat junk food?? Crazy!! Your hair looks great, I'm really jealous as I dyed mine back to a black and red combination as I'm looking for new jobs and unfortunately need to appear mature and responsible :( That cool whip sounds great, unfortunately in the UK we don't get much in the way of low fat substitute stuff, well, we do get quite a bit but there seems to be a huge range of products like these in the US. Again, I'm going green with jealousy!!

hugz Good luck with your efforts, I know it's really difficult to cut alcohol out of your diet, especially when everyone else is drinking! What do you normally drink? Maybe you can swap it for something less calorific? OR have two waters or zero call soft drinks for every one alcoholic drink? Sometimes trying to substitute or limit yourself makes it harder than just cutting it out all together, but I guess you could try the above to see if it works for you? Let us know how it's going :)

Gypsy I hope you feel better soon! I've always looked at WW and wondered if it was for me, but I'm too tight to part with money each month :o Good luck with it :D

Divine I get the same with my bf, most of the time we are happy to be healthy and he doesn't mind eating what I eat etc. but we are such a bad influence on each other, one will suggest eating out and the other will say no but eventually cave in and two hours later we're stuffed and regretting it. I always find it easier to diet when he's not around... part of me kind of thinks how great it would be for him to walk through the door and say 'wow'... but that's not going to happen at this rate!! ;)

Idealmuse Wow, good luck with the Triathalon!! It sounds ridiculous but I'm so unsporty, I really wish I was involved with some kind of organised sport. I envy your commitment :)

I just have one last thing to say and that is WW fudgesicles?? Again, very jealous!!! I hope you're all having a good week xx

thugzneedhugz
08-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Haha. For sure! Thanks for the support- I'm not saying I'm NEVER gonna drink again- just not as often and not such hig cal sugary drinks-such as rumplemintz-blah! There is a show on saturday and I'm hoping to stick to vodka/tonics and very few.... We'll see how it goes.

Mmmmmm- fudge sicles

sweetheat888
08-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Awww,thanks Maria,btw,what brand of dye are you using in your avatar pic?Its beautiful!!! My natural color is dirty blonde...sooo boring. Whenever I have some extra cash im going to dye it white,pink and black....

I also skip meals. I usually have breakfast but never eat lunch. i just don't really get hungry until around 4pm. Then, i'll have a small snack followed by dinner.I drink low carb/low calorie energy drinks so thats probably what makes my appetite so diminished.I <3 energy drinks. I know i should stop drinking them but i can't,lol. I also smoke,but im planning on quiting after i have reached goal weight. Its just too hard to stop everything at once! :P

It does suck that you have to tone down your hair color to get a job. Ive had to take out piercings for the same reason. I hate having to conform because society is so uptight about pink hair and a nose ring,lol.

Idealmuse,that is beyond amazing to be in a Triathalon!!! You friggin' rock it girl!!!!

Hope you guys have a great day!!

sweetheat888
08-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Hugz,i drink vodka and diet sprite. In fact, I drank a little too much the other night lol. I have no tolerance for hard liquor so my hubby was like, ''Im putting the vodka away now sweety.'' He knows when ive had my limit and tells me when to stop. :P

what kind of band is your boyfriend in btw?

DivineFidelity
08-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Sweetheart your hair looks great! it might be a little more red then pink, but it definitely looks good on you. I didn't dye my own, i actually paid $200 to get it done professionally...and if I ever decide I want super bright any strange colored hair again, I'd definitely do it all over. It was way too much money, but at the same time, it did look AMAZING! haha.

Maria I definitely know what you mean about never eating breakfast. If it wasn't for this super early job, I wouldn't eat breakfast either. You might want to try finding something simple and convenient...like how I drink the slimfast shakes, or there are weight watchers yogurt things...You could even just eat a granola bar. Anything is better then nothing....and about the mystery bag of haribos...don't feel bad. Yesterday my bf brought home a huge box of little debbie oatmeal cream pies, and ate two of them...left for a bit, and when he came back I had eaten them all >.<...lol

hugz the fudgesicles really ARE great. haha. If you do still want to drink, why don't you try making blended drinks with real fruit instead of artificial flavors and some sort of low cal alcohol. I would imagine that'd be better for you, as long as you planned for it in your diet. =D

Sweetheart and Maria Yeah I know about having to tone stuff down for a job...and its SO frustrating. I'm hoping once I finish school, I'll be able to get a teaching job without having to take out my nose stud. I think it's cute >.<....but I think I have hope, because my orchestra teacher had an industrial on one side and 4 helix piercings and like 3 holes in each lobe, and no one seemed to care...so *crosses fingers*

I guess I won't be dying my hair bright red when i'm teaching though =/
lol

I'm so glad people are talking on this thing!! Haha =D

thugzneedhugz
08-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Haha. For sure! Thanks for the support- I'm not saying I'm NEVER gonna drink again- just not as often and not such hig cal sugary drinks-such as rumplemintz-blah! There is a show on saturday and I'm hoping to stick to vodka/tonics and very few.... We'll see how it goes.

Mmmmmm- fudge sicles

TXJess
08-13-2009, 03:48 PM
I usually can't drink at concerts. I find if it's an outdoor concert it's usually so hot I'd be dehydrated in half an hour. If it's an indoor concert well.. kinda the same thing because it's so rough in the pits.

However, we went to Mayhem Festival a few weeks ago and were there ALL day. The worst thing was trying to find food. Holy crap, pizza, nasty nachos and fried food. As if that wasn't bad enough it was all over priced (of course). A slice of pizza was like $6! I just gave up and didn't eat.

I totally understand about having to conform. No one knows my "other" me at work except two people. One is close to my age so she understands though has different tastes. The other loves the same kind of music and we run into each other at concerts. Everyone else would be floored. That's what happens when you work in finance though. :shrug:

Idealmuse
08-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Idealmuse Wow, good luck with the Triathalon!! It sounds ridiculous but I'm so unsporty, I really wish I was involved with some kind of organised sport. I envy your commitment :)

Hey I was about as un-sporty as they come! I still don't really identify myself that way... even though I've taken up these crazy things to keep me motivated with exercise. I guess the commitment just comes from the desire to really feel normal (weight wise) for once in my life. It's funny though seeing all these people run by in their neon spandex. I do feel out of place at times.

Idealmuse
08-13-2009, 04:01 PM
lemonade=yummeh!!!!

i love lemonade and lime-ade flavored drinks,also if you like hawaiian punch they have them in those little to go packets now...the kind you put in water bottles and shake em up...they are soooo awesome!

btw,divine,i saw your red hair in the photo thread....it looked so bad-a$$!!!
i dyed mine pink the other day but it turned almost red....i have a pic on my profile page....anyway...yeah,red hair definately looks great on you :)

I miss my purple hair. I just got sick of the upkeep and severe damage the bleach did. My hair is brown normal and curly now. Blah. I do tend to dye it still but more "normal" burgundy/plum these days.

You girls look great w/ the red

mattraces5
08-13-2009, 05:00 PM
You girls are a riot!

DivineFidelity
08-13-2009, 06:17 PM
I miss my purple hair. I just got sick of the upkeep and severe damage the bleach did.

They actually didn't bleach my hair when they dyed it at the salon, so it didn't really do much damadge...which i thought was insane because i'd dyed my hair so many colors before, including black. I didn't think it would show up...but it really did. I guess they just use some crazy-potent dye there...haha. Well, that and they did about 5 different conditioning treatments because they wanted to protect my hair because they left the dye on for an EXTREMELY long amount of time. lol

I kinda miss it. I don't know why I dyed over it. Now it's like this burgundy brown red color. Maybe next time i'll pay them hundreds of dollars to do black with blue and purple chunks. haha :dizzy:

going2Bhealthy
08-14-2009, 08:29 AM
sweetheat the purple in my fringe is something I whacked together from manic panic (Divine wine), directions (Poppy Red) and crazy colour (Capri Blue) dyes. The pink in the rest of my hair was actually the faded result of the above mixture. When I first dyed it pink (in the pictures sticky) I used Directions Rubine which came out really lovely and magenta-ey and faded to a really bring pink. I used various different pinks and reds before hitting the purples, but found the pics on the net never matched what I ended up with, although it came out great, it always depends on your hair colour to start with. What did you use?

Divine I'm trying to get at least a protein shake in as early as I can... but I dunno, sometimes I just forget :?: As for toning it down, I doubt I'll ever go full headed again but just before I dyed over the bleach completely, I had the top most shortest layers a lovely blue/purpley colour and the underneath black which I loved. I just need to find a job where they will let me compromise, heheh

TXJess I know what you mean about having an 'other' you, people I meet at work etc. all think I'm prim and proper and go to bed early and never stay out late. I quite like that though, I'm a private person so don't mind keeping my personal life personal... it doesn't beat going out with your work mates for the first time though, ha, the shocked looks and gasps of surprise when they find out what I'm really like, haha

Idealmuse I'm still having problems with bleach damage. It's been at least a couple of months since I last bleached my hair and that was only the roots but my hair seems to be getting worse everyday. I need to get it cut and get some deep conditioning treatments on it. I guess I need to win the lottery first though!! I really admire your commitment, I so often say the same as you and feel that a lot of the time but I'm just too nervous, shy and lazy to actually go and sign myself up for something. I'm easily disuaded by my own self destructive nature. Maybe one day when I can't use money or time as an excuse I'll sign up to something. Maybe trampolining?? :D

I managed to get out of bed at 9.45 this morning, despite not sleeping forever because my bf couldn't sleep and was tossing and turning and cracking his knuckles (ugh!) till stupid-o'clock in the morning. I also managed to get my breakfast shake in a mere hour after getting up. The good news doesn't stop there my friends, oh no! I also saw a loss of 2.4lbs on the scale this morning compared to my weekend weigh in, so something is working. I guess it's all the junk I've cut out of my diet. It's not completely disappeared, but it's geting there :D

My bf's parents have invited us to visit soon, so it looks like I'll be spending a few nights in France come September. A nice little target for me. They haven't booked the flights yet, so I don't have an exact number of days, but I imagine it will be in the next three weeks. I'd like to lose around 7lbs before then... so I'd better up the ante :carrot:

How is everyone doing with their weightloss plans? I hope you're all fabulous, keep up the good work ladies :D

DivineFidelity
08-14-2009, 12:56 PM
I've only lost 1 lb in the past week :( ....which i guess isn't too terrible, but at the same time i've become so used to 3-5 lbs a week that it IS kind of frustrating. I've (for the most part...i've had a couple slip ups...but just a couple in a month doesn't seem too bad to me.) been sticking to plan....and I may be 15 lbs down, but I don't see a difference...that's probably the most frustrating part. It was cool though, yesterday at work my boss was like "are you losing weight?"...and she was the first person to notice...so apparently other people can see it, I just can't. lol

I totally found my favorite pair of jeans from 7th grade...they had gone missing the summer after, and I looked for them for like 2 years before I gave up...but yeah, I found them today, and they are a size 15. Right now I'm in a 20...but I can't wait till I get down to that 15 and into those jeans.

Right now though, my goal is to be able to put on the 18s I have and loved when they fit...WITHOUT muffin topping. lol. :D

Maria congrats on those 2.4lbs!...AND on getting up in the morning and drinking a shake. The more you do it the easier it will get. :carrot:

Frigg
08-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Hello everyone! Haven't posted too much on the forum, so thought I'd drop by here. I've been struggling to get back on the wagon ever since the end of last year. I lost about 10lbs then and would like to keep going. The strange thing is it seems I'm only able to really get into dieting in the fall and winter months, which really sucks if you have a lot of weight to lose! I've just noticed that every time I've dieted for a few months straight it was from September-December.. :?:

Anyway, this time I'm looking to add more exercise than before.. I just ordered a Bar Method DVD (anyone ever tried it? It looks really cool,) and would like to go for hour long walks with my dog (once she heals up from surgery and it's not too hot for huskies) at a new state park near my house.. I also walk a lot most days and want to get a pedometer to start tracking that. Yesterday I had 1200 calories which I'm happy about.. I just have to keep going for a few months now. I really can't wait to measure myself and start working out.

Gypsy That sucks about getting the flu! Hope you're feeling better. I got sick a while ago too and was in bed for 6 weeks.. I still haven't figured out what was wrong but I went to the ER twice and had about a million visits with doctors and cardiologists because my heart rate was going nuts.. But the first week I was burning up and it may have been the flu. I've never had any inner ear problems, but it sounds awful.

sweetheat I love cool whip too! Though I get the soy variety.. My only problem is it's a spray can and it keeps breaking! I've gone through 3 now without finishing it, and this last one was almost full when it broke. :( I should take it back to the store.. Anyway, I agree that it's awesome for dieters. Just a small squirt and I'm happy.

going2Bhealthy I love your hair too! I've been coloring my hair the same for years now and feel a bit unadventurous looking at pink hair. Good luck on getting back on the wagon. I've struggled with that a lot too.

DivineFidelity The color in your avatar looks really nice! The color you described having now sounds cool too. My hair is naturally very dark brown, but I've been dying it brown-black forever now (sounds nuts sometimes to do such a small change.. but it looks a lot better.) When they colored your hair purple they probably used a developer with a lot of lift. I've been buying my hair coloring supplies at Sally's where you can get the color and developer separately and it's immensely less damaging. It's basically the same as at a salon (if one wants to do it at home.) Oh, and don't feel bad about 1lb! That's my average! haha Keep it up, it'll come off.

As a little bonus (because everybody loves puppies, right? haha) Here's my new Siberian Husky named Skaši. She just had surgery yesterday trying to remove a tumor, which we wont find out if it's malignant until next week. We also found out she has another one on her other side. :( She should heal okay but send good vibes or something. She will need major surgery if it's malignant.

DivineFidelity
08-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Frigg your dog is GORGEOUS. I've always wanted a husky, I think they're the prettiest dogs in the whole world...

I've got two kittens...Luigi and Mario. There are pictures in the alternachick photo sticky. They're adorable. Mario even plays fetch....i can throw mardi gras beads across the room and he'll run and get them and drag them back to me and drop them in my lap and then whine until i throw them again. It's SO cute.

So I don't know if this is bad or not...but I don't really exercise all that much. There have been a couple times where I'll turn up music really loud and dance around my room like an idiot for 30 minutes....and sometimes i'll do push ups on my wall (because i can't do an actual pushup, and the girly pushups don't do anything for me)....It physically hurts me to run....or to walk a whole lot. I have bad knees and I've had two ankle surgeries and to run or to do squats and lunges hurts me....I figure it will probably get easier to exercise more after I lose weight because my legs won't have to lift as much....but i don't know that for sure...and it's just hard for me to motivate myself to exercise when i know it's going to hurt me...

I think right now that's my biggest issue. I'm fine with the diet, I can handle those changes...It's just hard to get myself active...

=/

sweetheat888
08-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Frigg--your dog is sooo cute!! I have a little yorkie mix that barks at everything,lol.

I haven't tried the Bar Method, but i do the Shred everyday and its so brutal. The cardio is so hard but im pretty good at the strength and ab work .The main thing i have probs with on the Shred are the jump rope moves (jumping in place) hate it.hate it.hate it! My left ankle hurts so bad afterwords....but i know i have to push thru the pain (lulz,that sounds corny).

Idealmuse-My hair got pretty damaged from using hair irons so i had to stop using them,I started leaving conditioner in it at night,putting a shower cap on,then rinse in the morning.It looks alot better! Btw,i was in Chicago back in 2001 to see Ohgr on his first tour. We ate at a place called Harry Carrys? I think that was the name but wow,best damn steak i ever had. Have you ever been there?

Maria- 2.4 pounds is awesome! I hope you have a wonderful time in France.Ive always wanted to go there. Now im jealous of you ;)

Divine- I have a whole closet full of size four jeans i refuse to part with.One pair in particular has black suede flames around the ankles.I vow to be able to wear those suckers again..........and congrats on the one pound...sometimes I have two week stalls so you guys are doing great!!!!!!

going2Bhealthy
08-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Divine - Congrats on your 1lb loss, don't be too down hearted, a loss is still a loss no matter how small... it could be worse :D As for not being active, I sympathise, I really want to run but it's just too painful for me. I guess you don't need to worry too much about not exercising as what you're doing with your eating habits is working for you, but it may catch up with you. Just cross that bridge if it plonks itself in the middle of your path :)

Frigg - Good Luck with your full on exercise plan! I've never even heard of the Bar Method, let alone tried it :dizzy: I totally know what you mean about dieting in the summer, I always find myself giving into lazy afternoons at the pub, ice cream on the beach and bbqs etc. etc. I guess I just lacked the committment... well not any more eh? ;) Your puppy is gorgeous, I hope everything works out ok for her :hug:

sweetheat I like your overnight conditioner method, doesn't it get really warm with that on your head though? It sounds like a silly question, but I get really warm at night, so don't know if I could stand it. France is a really pretty country, I'm quite lucky as the bf's parent's currently reside there I get to go quite a lot and they live in Lyon which is especially pretty. We also have the added bonus of them owning an appartment in Italy, in Turin where his family are from and most of them still live there so we get the chance to see family and get spoiled a little and don't have to worry too much about money and stuff, which is great. In fact I'm pretty lucky in general, I've landed myself a catch ;) heheh

I'm really glad things are picking up here, I find when I take the time to actually post here that I do better in the day than just reading them?

The weekend holds much temptation for me and I must be careful not to overindulge... my friend is coming over and we are having an Arnie films marathon (we regularly have these marathons, it messes with my sleep pattern but is totally worth it) and apparently he is bringing some of his homemade cheesecake. I've allowed myself to have a small slice... a SMALL one Maria. I have to keep reminding myself that those words actually mean ONE SMALL slice, not a couple of small slices, not a slice considered small to someone training for the Tour de France etc. Sigh. I'm also going out for a roast dinner with friends tomorrow too, but I'm not going ot drink alcohol, I won't have pudding and I will compensate by a light salady dinner. I guess it gives me the rest of the week to work the calories off right??

I'm also pleased that since me and the bf have been eating healthfully we have both seen a weightloss. It's been hard for him as we're trying to lower our carbs and up our protein intake he's had to forgoe his native pasta and breads, but he seemed really pleased when he stepped on the scale yesterday.

All in all, although it's been a trying week and I've slipped up quite a few times, I've stuck to the main aim of my plan and that is to lower my carb in take, up my protien and vegetable and water intake, stop eating junk, stop skipping meals and get my portions into proportion.

I hope all you lovely ladies are well and that you have a wonderful weekend :carrot:

DivineFidelity
08-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Maria you're lucky. Weekends may not really be tempting for me, but weekdays are...I work in a coffee shop, and being around all those sweet sugary drinks and yummy coffee cakes and food and all that...it's SO HARD to resist. I manage somehow, for the most part...but I think that's the most tempting thing for me. On weekends, I'm usually home alone and it's a lot easier for me to follow my plan and stay OP when I don't have all that food around me...

Oh, and you're so lucky that your bf is trying to lose weight with you. Mine definitely needs to, he's extremely unhealthy....but he doesn't want to diet because he figures he'd rather be fat and happy then skinny and unhappy. I've tried explaining to him it's not all about being happy, and that he needs to take his health into account too...but he still doesn't care. It's gotten to the point where when i cook something, he LITERALLY takes like 4 or 5 times the amount of food I do...I mean, if he just cut out fast food, soda, and started eating normal portion sizes he'd probably lose more weight then I have or ever will...but he doesn't listen and doesn't care and it's really frustrating. It's becoming difficult to be around him for multiple days at a time because he simply doesn't want to eat here...he wants to go get fast food...and that's SO TEMPTING for me. For the past 3 days I had long john silvers for dinner, and yesterday...it wasn't just dinner, it was lunch too. Granted long john silvers is one of the better fast food places...but at the same time, It took me loads of begging to get him to even agree to that...and he still went off and got himself whataburger and mcdonalds and burger king after getting me LJS...It's just so frustrating. I wish he'd at least try...
=/

TXJess
08-16-2009, 02:04 AM
Wow. That really bites. I have an office job so there's really no tempotaton on my part. Occassionally someone will bring donuts but most are too cheap so it's rare. :D

My husband is also really supportive and while he's not trying to lose weight (already lost more than me... stupid jerk!), he has cut out all regular sodas and goes along with whatever I cook. I'm thankful he's very flexible. In regards to fast food, it's pretty much a no-no, mostly because it's so expensive and we're on a shoe-string budget.

I admire your strong will in a coffee shop though. We live behind one and I can smell the baked goods in the morning. It takes everything I have not to go over there. :o

Hopefully it'll get easier. Good luck!

DivineFidelity
08-16-2009, 08:07 AM
TXJess thanks for the encouraging words. I know I'll be fine, and I've actually talked to my bf about all the fast food and he says next time he's down visiting it won't happen...and he even went to the campus gym where he goes to school for like two hours yesterday! Maybe he's starting to get motivated, I'm not sure...but he says he'll be more mindful of the way the decisions he makes around me affect my efforts to lose weight...which I greatly appreciate.

I might be getting an office job soon, shh don't tell my boss. lol. I've got an interview monday afternoon, so hopefully it goes well. This coffee shop is great, but it's too tempting and I DEFINITELY don't get paid enough. lol
*crosses fingers*

DivineFidelity
08-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Oh I'm so excited! I lost another .2 lbs in one day...and i know it's kinda stupid to weigh yourself every day especially because i have trouble weighing myself at the same TIME of day...but every time I've stepped on the scale so far, i've either been the same as I was, or i've lost. I haven't seen myself gain anything...even from water weight...

but anyways, thats not why i'm excited. I told my bf i lost another .2 lbs...and he said "=D" and i said what's that supposed to mean and he told me "well all this weightloss stuff is really exciting. I think I might try it too..."

YAYYY HE WANTS TO LOSE WEIGHT WITH ME! That makes me SO happy, you have no idea. It will be harder for him, financially he's in a much worse position then I am...so buying healthier foods may be a bit more difficult for him...but he wants to try and he says he's for now going to start with cutting back his portion sizes and cutting out soda...and he wants me to get one of my friend's mom to buy him some weight watchers materials at her meeting so he can do it at home and he's very excited about it and that makes me excited! woohoo! :carrot:

but yeah, I also exercised today, which I don't do much...so I'm proud of myself for that too. Today has been a good day :D

CanadianCutie
08-17-2009, 02:18 AM
Hi Ladies,

I'm new to the site, I did some reading around the last day or two, and it seems this subgroup is the one for me. I look forward to getting to know you. Basically I have a lot of trouble getting motivated to exercise. I get migraines which makes it hard for me to be out in the heat.
I am making an effort starting in the AM on Monday to get out in the pool and do what I can remember of the routine for the aquafit classes I took a few years ago. I figure going out around 6:30 in the morning will do me good, will get me up and energized without the need for the mass amounts of coffee I usually drink. I also need to locate my mp3 player, I moved recently and it got lost in the shuffle. I'm just going to take it one day at a time, with minigoals, as larger goals seem very daunting.

DivineFidelity
08-17-2009, 07:07 AM
CanadianCutie...:welcome2:

the swimming sounds like a wonderful idea, I wish I had access to a pool. I have the same issues, it's extremely hard for me to motivate myself to work out, especially outside, because I live in Texas, and lets just say Texas gets HOT...lol. Swimming is a great idea, and there are also plenty of easy things you can go to work out inside. Good luck with everything! :D

TXJess
08-17-2009, 10:32 AM
I have the same issues, it's extremely hard for me to motivate myself to work out, especially outside, because I live in Texas, and lets just say Texas gets HOT...lol.

OMG! Yes it does. During the 100+ heat I just exercise indoors as best I can or wait until the sun goes down (like 9pm).

I cannot get up more than an hour before I have to leave for work so I never have time in the morning. I value and cherish every minute of sleep I get past 6:30 am. :D

DivineFidelity
08-17-2009, 07:02 PM
TXJess I have to get up for work at 4:30am...so 9:30pm is when i go to bed...so working out after the sun goes down or before it comes up is pretty much impossible. I REFUSE to get up before 4:30...lol.

CanadianCutie
08-18-2009, 12:28 AM
I did my swimming today, not as early as I planned, but I did it and I had fun. I'm thinking next time I'm out around an ebgames that I'll get a used copy of DDR or a similar game/workout tool for my ps2, and the cheap dance mat for it. I hear it's a lot of fun, and doesn't seem like a workout while you're doing it. The only thing I'm worried about is my coordination really stinks, but I guess it can only help with that.

DivineFidelity
08-18-2009, 07:08 AM
CanadianCutie I'd been thinking about getting ddr and a mat for my ps2 as well...but I have TERRIBLE coordination, and I'm pretty sure I'd just fall flat on my face...haha...I hope it works out for you thought =D

Yeah...I didn't work out yesterday. I was going to, but I had my interview and I think it went really well and I decided to take a break to celebrate. haha >.<

CanadianCutie
08-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Well I ended up splurging last night on amazon and buying a wii with wii sports and the wii fit package. I can't wait for it to get here. I'm hoping it will be here by friday. Now I guess I just have to hook up my tv (I'm just not a tv person).

DivineFidelity I hope your interview went as well as you feel it did. Good luck. And we all need a break from the regular routine from time to time, as long as we get back at it.

CanadianCutie
08-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Yay! my wii got here today. A much needed boost to me. I had a rough day. I will hook it up after a much needed nap.

DivineFidelity
08-19-2009, 06:16 PM
CanadianCutie I hope you enjoy it! It's definitely fun...and it's actually what I use for my scale...since the scale i have in my bathroom isn't digital, and isn't really accurate. It's also nice because the wii fit tracks my weight for me.

Another game I have for it is EA Active....it's got this thing called the "30 day challenge"...i still haven't been able to get through it...lol. Definitely makes you feel the burn though..

Speaking of games and weight loss...does anyone play DDR? I was thinking about buying a ddr game and some pads for my ps2, because I figure it's probably a good cardio workout if you do it for long enough....but I'm still not sure. lol

Derbying4herlife
08-20-2009, 12:55 PM
HI EVERYONE, IM NEW TO THIS SITE, AND ITS SOOOOOO NICE TO FIND OTHERS TO TALK TO.....I STARTED AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS YEAR AT 258. WE GOT A WII AND WII FIT FOR CHRISTMAS AND THAT REALLY HELPED ME. I WAS ABLE TO COMMIT TO A TIME EVERY NIGHT AFTER EVERYONE ELSE WENT TO BED TO DO IT AND PRETTY SOON I LOST 10 POUNDS. THEN I FELL OFF THE WAGON AND STALLED IN THE LOW 240s, THEN I GOT SICK AND WENT DOWN INTO THE 230s, THEN GAINED BACK INTO THE 240s WHEN I STARTED EATING NORMALLY AGAIN. THEN A GIRL I WORKED WITH TOLD ME ABOUT AN APP FOR MY IPHONE CALLED LOSE IT, AND ITS REALLY HELPED ME REALIZE HOW MUCH I WAS EATING AND SEE WHAT A RIGHT PORTION SIZE IS. AROUND THIS SAME TIME MY FRIEND ASKED ME TO JOIN ROLLER DERBY, AND I LOVE IT...AWESOME CARDIO, SO NOW IM DOWN ANOTHER 10 POUNDS IM AT 228 AND REALLY FEELING GOOD...I ALWAYS TRY TO REMEMBER A LINE I HEARD ON THE BIGGEST LOSER..."NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS"

DivineFidelity
08-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Hi Derbying, welcome to 3FC! Good luck with everything :D

Guess what everyone!!! I got the job!!!! WOOOHOO!! =D
My first day is the 31st, and I definitely just left a notice for my boss on her desk...so I'm not looking forward to seeing her when i go pick up my check tomorrow...but i don't care, because I GOT THE JOB!

Wow, I don't think today could possibly get any better. lol

TXJess
08-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Yay!!! :congrat:

I remember putting in my notice at this AWFUL job... boss was out of town for two weeks so I had to do it over the phone while she was in the car. Heh. Well worth it though.

It's also nice to have a regular schedule. I love knowing (most of the time) I come in at 8 and leave at 5 M-F. Close to the end of our fiscal year however I end up working way too many house because I'm exempt and don't get paid overtime. :mad:

Good luck with the new job! I bet it will be awesome!

DivineFidelity
08-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Well I've had a regular schedule....Sunday 5:30am-2:00pm and Monday-Thursday 4:30am-10:30am...and sometimes Saturday with the same hours as sunday...

but even though it was a set schedule....the hours were terrible.

Now it's either 8:00am-4:00pm or 9:00am-5:00pm....or anywhere in between. I just have to be there for 8 hours. That means I'll be able to sleep in like at least an extra 3 hours, which means I won't have to go to bed at 9:00 anymore!!!

I hope it will be awesome. And since it's tax free weekend this weekend in TX...I'm DEFINITELY going to go and buy a few nice outfits for my new job =D

DivineFidelity
08-24-2009, 07:03 AM
So last night, I definitely think I drempt that I binged. I'm pretty sure I didn't ACTUALLY binge, I think it was just a dream...

I think I'm afraid of binging because three days ago I had chiles (although I only ate half my burger and less then half of my fries...it still wasn't off the guiltless grill menu) and two days ago I went to an astros game with my family and had some sips of the bf's margarita, a personal pan pizza, and a salty buttery pretzle that tasted AMAZING...

I guess I'm proably afraid because of all that junk that I ate, that I'm going to keep eating junk. It doesn't help that I'm on a much smaller budget this month then last month....so buying one of those frozen meals for each day is probably out of the question...and I know that my family isn't going to be all that helpful seeing as they never cook real meals. It's always like cans of ravioli and boxes of mac and cheese with them...and i know that's terrible for me.

I bet it was a nightmare...I bet I'm scared I'll end up binging and gaining all the weight back. =/

TXJess
08-24-2009, 06:26 PM
I know all about being on a budget with my husband and I both in college with a 2 year old. :eek:

What I find best on a tight budget is beans and soups. It's a great way to use up often forgotten pantry items and beans are like $1 a bag and packed full of fiber.

Also a loaf of bread, a pound of turkey will make me sandwiches all week for around $5. It gets boring sometimes but it really helps the pocketbook.

Resist canned ravioli! It's like 300 or so calories per serving or per can I can't remember and it is so not filling but oh so good. :o

Once you get all that junk out of your system from the weekend you'll feel much better and possibly avoid any more binge nightmares!

DivineFidelity
08-24-2009, 11:47 PM
I managed to find enough money to get food to feed myself for a week, and my father said next week (he doesn't get paid till friday) that he'd be willing to help me out buying my groceries for the next week...even though he thinks it's stupid that i buy such "expensive fancy foods" and thinks i should be eating ravioli all the time...
lol

pretty obvious how i got so heavy now that i think about it. 19 years of ravioli would do that to you...lol

going2Bhealthy
08-27-2009, 07:08 AM
Welcome Canadian Cutie! I hope you enjoy your Wii, I've wanted one for ages but know that if I got one I'd never do anything else!!

Welcome Derbying as well, it sounds like you've found somethings you really enjoy doing. Good Luck with your efforts :D

Congratulations on the Job Divine!! I hope you enjoy it :D Don't worry too much about the binging nightmares, try not to obssess over it too much, just take each day as it comes, plan as much as you need to or as much as you normally do, but don't think about a binge too much, even if you're trying to avoid actually doing it because the more you're thinking about those foods (as least for me) the more you end up wanting them, or thinking it's inevitable etc. Eating healthily on a budget is hard... why are vegetables so expensive?? :dizzy: I wish I had a garden and could grow my own!

Sorry for being absent for the past week or so. I purposefully neglected my scales this past weekend because my week had been awful, I ate out as planned on sunday, but also managed to drink at the pub, we went into London to the theatre and to see my mum on mon and tues which meant eating off plan and a little alcohol too, then wednesday my friend came to visit me. I haven't seen him for about a year and the whole night got pretty messy which meant hungover fast food on thursday morning and back into the swing of bad eating habits within a week. I'm back on plan today. I just need to find a way to stay on plan. Indefinitely.

I have so much to do before I go away next week, tidying the flat, cleaning clothes, keeping up to date with my ebay listings, brushing up on last minute French and Italian and trying to pick what to pack. Oh and staying on plan and getting active again. I'm hoping all this activity will help to keep me on plan. Let's see how it goes eh?

DivineFidelity
08-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Maria, sometimes we all get a little off plan...but as long as you jump back on, you'll be just fine. An occasional shock to your system isn't so bad as it seems, or at least that's what I hear. So what if you didn't lose as much as you COULD have....the point is you've still lost! You shouldn't let yourself feel so bad about getting a little off plan...if there's one thing I've learned, it's that occasionally having things that aren't good for you isn't going to kill you....you might lose slower that week, but if you're not going WAY overboard...it won't really hurt you.

sweetheat888
08-27-2009, 10:15 AM
hey ladies!!

Sorry for not being around the past week....been so busy with work that i come home and hit the sheets.

My birthday was Friday...so i binged all week,lol.I feel terrible about it now! I ate pasta and A MILKSHAKE!!then a little more pasta :(
My scale went up a friggin' pound! So im back on track today :)

Divine-congrats on your job!!! thats awesome!!!

Maria- I didn't look at my scales all week either (till this morning)....i was pretty pissed i had gained a pound!

Derby- Welcome! I would love to rollerderby,but i can't skate!! i need to make my hubby teach me how.lol.

hope you chicks have an awesome day!!!

DivineFidelity
08-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Sweetheart, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I think your birthday is one of those times that if you gain a pound...you shouldn't worry about it too much. It's a special time and it's normal to celebrate. You can always loose that pound again, so don't stress about it. Good job getting back on track =D

Maria one other thing I forgot to say is that honestly, going off plan occasionally is what has kept me sane. I don't like to feel like I'm FORBIDDEN to eat certain things, because then I'll just want them more.

aphrodite
08-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Speaking of games and weight loss...does anyone play DDR? I was thinking about buying a ddr game and some pads for my ps2, because I figure it's probably a good cardio workout if you do it for long enough....but I'm still not sure. lol

I have DDR, and I play it with my inlaws quite often. My only complaint is that you work for 1 minute, or 1.5 minutes, and you work up a sweat, and you breathe hard. Then you have to stop and find another song. Maybe if you jogged or walked in place during this time and let someone else pick the song or something.

One of mine does have a workout mode where you can pick one of their pre-set playlists and it plays continuously, but it's only 10ish minutes long.

DivineFidelity
08-28-2009, 01:27 AM
Aphrodite which one has the work out mode? I would want to get that one..lol

going2Bhealthy
08-28-2009, 08:43 AM
Happy belated birthday SweetHeat! As divine said, don't feel bad about the 1lb, it was your bday :D

And Divine, thanks for the encouraging words... I know it's not so bad, but I just feel like I have such little control over myself sometimes. But, I AM back on track so that's good :)

i have DDR for my PS2 but I hardly ever play it... I guess it's time to dig it out again ;) I'm off to grab a snack and get back to my Italian studies.

Have a fantastic Friday chicas!

going2Bhealthy
08-31-2009, 06:44 AM
Well, it's the last day of August, how has everyone done this month? My weight has not been fantastic but at least I'm acknowledging it now. My weekend consisted of a last minute birthday barbeque for a friend which included lots of red wine and a dinner party last night so all in all it's been fairly indulgent.

I'm going to sit down today and really plan out my month and the things I want to achieve during september. I need to get back on track with everything and I like making lists so it seems a good place to start.

I hope you've all had a great week xx

DivineFidelity
08-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Maria making lists always helps me. I've got a spiral notebook where I'll occasionally plan out meals with all the ingredients broken down with their point values listed next to them....I write down measurements that I take once a week to keep track of my inches....and I make lists of all the exercise things I've done during the week so that I can keep track of how much I'm staying active. That spiral notebook is my savior. Without it, I doubt I'd have stayed on track (for the most part...lol) for this long.

My month has been great! I start my new job today, and I'm super excited but way way nervous at the same time. It should be fun I think, but I just worry that I'm not going to catch on quickly enough. Idk, I think I'll be good at it. I hope...haha *crosses fingers*

Other then that, I've officially lost over 20 lbs, which is way cool, and I think I can maybe finally see a slight difference in my size. Now I'm starting to worry about loose skin though, because I can already see it starting to happen =/