Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 08-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #1  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Smile Pretending You Are Hot Actually Works!

I went on a date…maybe this is an NSV??

I went on a date. Friday night. This was my first date since 2003…during/after my divorce I went on a whirlwind of dates mid/late 2003…my heart wasn’t in it; none of them panned out. Besides I was busy having a nervous breakdown LOL! Then gaining 100 lbs in six months, sigh.

I only went because one of my good friends hassled me into accepting. This guy was very nice, a gentleman (fortunately, I was really not up for anyone acting ungentlemanly!). I didn’t feel a single bit of chemistry but I’m going to give him one more shot, we’ll see. Really it’s not going to go anywhere but since he went to all the trouble of driving 1 ½ hours to take me to dinner, I feel like I ought to give it one more shot before I say no thanks (very politely, of course). To be honest, my heart’s already taken (by someone who lives across the country from me…we’re still just friends right now but my intuition says he’ll be back before too long, he's always been interested in me...pretty much a done deal). But practice dates are always good, right.

Anyway, I used some of the pointers I got right here on 3FC…in a nutshell, pretend you are hot, and you will magically become hot.

I pretended I was hot. (I also got an expensive haircut with highlights, manicure, I’ve been tanning all summer, wore some of my super cute “small” clothes (14/16s), really cute shoes, perfect makeup…so it ain’t like I showed up in sweats and pretended I was hot, some work went into it LOL). The pretense itself involved me walking into the restaurant, head held high, mentally telling myself “you are the most beautiful woman in this room,” then continuing to think that periodically the rest of the night. (And not looking around to see if that was actually the case or not, LOL!)

So, there I am, pretending I’m hot…and it totally worked. I suspect if I’d acted like I was needy, or unattractive, it wouldn’t have gone very well. But, I pretended like I was hot, and that swarms of men are after me (LOL, sure), and I certainly wasn’t snobby, but I also was very self-confident and making my own decisions (no thank you I do NOT want to split dessert with you, not even a bite, you go ahead though) and y’all…it totally worked.

This man, very nice looking, good job, nice car, tall, blonde, mid-40s, friend of a friend’s brother-in-law, nice guy…treated me like I was a Flaming Empress. I mean, seriously! I married my HS sweetheart and other than dating another guy seriously in college, my experience with men is fairly limited. And I have NEVER been treated like royalty before. It is a trip! I think he told me four times, “you are the most beautiful woman I’ve ever gone out with, thank you for agreeing to go out with me." WTH?!?! He asked for another date before our entrees were served.

A Flaming Empress! Weird!!

Well, I’m going to have dinner with him again one night this week, then probably tell him “sorry, no chemistry” but wow, this has been a total experience. My advice to all y’all (who probably have way more experience with this dating thing than me!) is, simply, pretend you are hot AND YOU WILL BE.

That is all!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #2  

Yea!!!!Its cuz you ARE hot!!!Way to have a great evening.You deserve to feel like a princess.!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #3  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

and after you tell him you're just not feeling it, you can tell him you have a "sister" in NC that would be happy to meet him...
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

You absolutely deserve the special treatment--from men and from yourself! Good job on the highlights, haircut, etc. OMG--we want pics here at 3FC!

You have had considerable success on your journey. I cannot wait to hear about your continued success.

Your heart is already taken? Are you absolutely sure? The guy sounds like a MUST as a keeper!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #5  
nirvikalpa samadhi

No, he's not a keeper...there's always a reason they get to 45 and still aren't married, LOL. But it was a fun practice date, you know?!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

What a great story! "Fake it 'til you make it" I always say!
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #7  
baby

S/C/G: 175/164/134

Height: 5'3" and a half :)

this made me smile!

good for you!!
pinkberrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #8  
really4real

S/C/G: 274/236/188

Height: 5'1"

Cool story! Good for you. I'm inspired...believe that!
starchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:19 PM   #9  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Yea...WE WANT PICTURES! So how did you get your hair cut? I'm needing ideas. Great story!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:55 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You had me smiling too oh hot one that you are. And yes - you are!!!

Let us know how date number 2 goes and how goes it with the other guy too.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #11  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I like this story. I need to practice it more often. Thanks for sharing, this is inspiring!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #12  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Had to tell you DC, I tried your technique last night and it was a success...

Okay, so I'm an old lady and have a couple of kids, and an awesome Hubby of 20 years, but I admit I like a little attention now an then. We went to a bon voyage party last night at a local bar/grill and I pretended to be the hottest chick there. I didn't dress provocative or anything, but I looked good in my SIZE 8 WHITE shorts and hot pink blouse. It was FUN. I got a few (several) looks, (mostly from old men....) but hey!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #13  
nirvikalpa samadhi

I know it totally works right! And it feels great to not be worrying about what other people think.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 172/150/145

Height: 5'7"

great inspiration! you are ONE HOT CHICK!!!
pucedaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Sounds like fun, I'll have to give it a try w/my hubby one night and see if he notices, hee hee, LOL...
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote