LA Weight Loss - Friends and Losers August 10-16

View Full Version : Friends and Losers August 10-16

Mama Nicole
08-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Good morning friends.
I am hoping to report to you sometime this day that I have completed day one of the Shred. That is my plan.....I just have to get my girls to help me with the baby sometime today. I weighed in today.......I was scared, but was pleasantly suprised that my, "summer off," of WL didn't do me too much harm. I am more excited to start working out than even losing weight today, because I long to be strong. I am planning on beginning the red plan today.....I think.......mabye the purple........and that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

I hope you all are ready to seize the day as well. Come on girls, and Dan.......we CAN do this :)

XOXO

Repo girl
08-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Well, good morning sunshine! :flow2: Great job making plans to do the shred, and what a good attitude, too! Keep it up, I need your good attitude to rub off on me!

kimintexassahm
08-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Good morning all! I did my first week of LAWL with 2 days of TO and lost 4 lbs total. I'm so excited. I'm hoping this week will go well for me. DH and I are off to Memphis for 4 days w/o kiddos. Yes! Then we are picking up my cousin and her 3 kids, who are moving to TX to stay with us until they find a place to live.

JLem311
08-10-2009, 11:29 AM
day 22 of the Shred, DONE! i did level 3 today. i'm going to keep switching back from level 2 to 3 for the remaining days. i don't like level 3 much at all. there's lots of jumping.
anyways..i haven't given up and don't plan on it either! sad, thing is, i'm not noticing much weight loss, but starting to notice muscle building and toning. so that's good. and i feel like i'm losing inches, but who knows. we'll see. i'm going to do my measurements once i'm done with the 30 days.
and then after the 30 days, i'm going to start all over again, but only workout 5 days a week instead of 7 days a week and give myself the weekends off. it's pretty hardcore to keep it up everyday without a break. ugh. i look forward to working out, but not on the weekends! ha!

anyways..gotta go for now. be back later.

Mama Nicole
08-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Jillian Michaels can kiss my a$$.

sweetandspicy
08-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Good monday morning to you all!! I can not believe it is already Monday, the weekends go by so quick!!!! We had a football Jamboree this past Saturday. My QB did great, they lost 7 to 0 but they only played for 15 minutes but he looked good despite the line not blocking for him. My 9 year old was amazing he is very tall and thin (did not get it from his mom) and he just tackles those big ol' boys. He held on to this guys foot who was dragging him but he got him down so thats all that matters. They lost also but both boys who played in the games did very well.

Jillian- your committment to the Shred is amazing I am sure you are loosing inches.

Nicole- way to start over!!

Goodmorning KAtie!!

Kim- I posted in the other thred but be careful Memphis is sooo Humid!!! but a fun town

I took a chance last night and tried on some jeans I actually have never worn. I bought them on sale about 2 years ago, then I got pregnant. Well they fit and I am sooooooo excited. They are the skinny jeans too so that means they are even smaller than regular jeans so for all you girls the shred has to be working because my eating has been bad for the past 3 weeks.

Repo girl
08-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Jillian Michaels can kiss my a$$.

Hmmm, so I take it you tried the Shred?

aguerin
08-10-2009, 12:30 PM
LOL at Nichole. Was the Shred that bad????

I am dragging a$$ today. Not being where I want to be on the scale and am tired of the whole diet thing. But I am not giving up. I did take a couple of days off and that probably has a lot to do with it.

So Ladies/ Dan lets get re-focused. Stop the cheats, nibbles, etc. and get with the program. We can do it! This is a whole new week.

Is is time to go home yet?

JLem311
08-10-2009, 01:01 PM
nicole, you'd better stick to the Shred...or i'm gonna be the 2nd Jillian kicking you a$$ girl!

Hoochie
08-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Wow I am so glad to see how pumped everybody is for the week. I can feel the positive vibes all over which is exactly what I needed today. I spent the weekend with my parents. I canned 40 jars of pickles this weekend and so I am glad I did it with my Mom otherwise it would have been lots of work to do alone.
I ate terrible all weekend!!!!! I felt terrible today.
Today I am back on plan. I have to!!!! I found my cleanse so i am starting it this Friday..whew!
I need to lose ten pounds because my clothes are feeling tight......
I am so glad I have inspiration from all of you!!!
Hope everyone has a great week!

Joan

JLem311
08-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Wow I am so glad to see how pumped everybody is for the week. I can feel the positive vibes all over which is exactly what I needed today. I spent the weekend with my parents. I canned 40 jars of pickles this weekend and so I am glad I did it with my Mom otherwise it would have been lots of work to do alone.
I ate terrible all weekend!!!!! I felt terrible today.
Today I am back on plan. I have to!!!! I found my cleanse so i am starting it this Friday..whew!
I need to lose ten pounds because my clothes are feeling tight......
I am so glad I have inspiration from all of you!!!
Hope everyone has a great week!

Joan

what's the name of the cleanse you're doing?

Hoochie
08-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Can't remember the name of the cleanse but I will look tonight.

JerseyMadchen
08-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say hey.

Am still waiting on the call about our offer on the house. And eatting pretty much anything in sight because of stress and TOM. Ugh!

Mama Nicole
08-10-2009, 03:19 PM
JerseyAmy......I am crossing my fingers for you.

Yes, the shred was THAT bad......lol. It has been a very long time since i have exercised.......like years.......and this DVD is hard core. I did enjoy it at times........but I am going to be crying in the a.m. I am already sore...:lol:. Also, I had some weird heart palpitations for a while afterwards.......but I have decided that is just the inner fat girl trying to defeat me......and she will NOT win :)

Jillian.......you want to know something funny? My 14 yo DD was looking over my shoulder (oh, how I love that) while I was on my FB page earlier today, and she saw one of your posts on there, and she said, "wow, mom, SHE is one of your friends?" And I just figured it was because you look young and hip (I never use that word....) that she was suprised.......but then she said, "I am so suprised that someone so famous is your friend." and then it dawned on me......she thought YOU were Jillian Michaels.....ha ha ha ha. Bethany did the shred with me this a.m. and heard te name a few times, and I guess just put the two together. I assured her that you are much ncer than Satan, I mean Jillian. :)

Hang in there, Joan.....today is a brand new day :) Feel good about the great choices you are making right now!!!

DixieAmy......you are sooo right. No more excuses.....no more cheating......we are only cheating ourselves. Healthy people work at it......it doens't just happen for anyone........so prepare to work and enjoy the rewards :)

Ok, have to get some work done today.....the kdis start school on Thursday, and it would be nice if they had some clean clothes.....
XOXO

Dan2112
08-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Happy Monday (yeah, right!)!!

Ok.. What is this shred thing I keep reading you gals go on about?

I have to admit I've been pretty bad about food lately.. The saving grace is that i've also been working out a LOT more so it seems to be balancing out.. That said, i'm not happy about it.. Grrr..

Hope you have a great week!

jewljz
08-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone! I’m counting down to the day I get my kids back… part of me wants to beat my parents when they finally bring them back! They said ONE extra week, which is quickly turning into TWO! I miss them like crazy and am having a hard time thinking of anything else but them… My DH and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary this weekend…if you can call it celebrating, more like we stuffed our faces until we were sick! Anyway, our dinner conversation consisted of laughing and reminiscing about all the fun times we have with our kids, we both miss them terribly.

Other than the pig out that we had Saturday night, I haven’t been that bad food wise… basically stopped cooking all together when the kids left and have only been eating very small dinner portions of sandwiches or protein shakes or salad. I’ve been very active, which has helped me assure myself that I really DO love to be active and that it really is all the running around that I have to do with kids that keeps me from being more active. Which only motivates me more to fit the activities into our lives. A lot of the things I’ve been doing could easily be done with the kids as well – like walking the dog through our neighborhood, riding bikes at the park, even exercise videos. I really hope I can keep it all up when the kids start school and sports.

Glad to see everyone is so motivated! Keep it up!

JLem311
08-10-2009, 04:51 PM
nicole, that's awesome and totally made my day! :) tell your DD, thanks! and thanks for telling her that i'm much nicer. :) i seriously still want to get that "i'm a bully" shirt.
and i'm so proud of you for doing the Shred and for fighting your inner fat girl! hellyeah! kick her *** along with JM's! think of her as your doing the shred! it helps!

sweetandspicy
08-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Nicole- I am proud of you for doing day one, you will be sore but it does go away I promise. I have not lost a ton of weight but I have toned up and my endurance has increased. I am not as far along as our Jillian but I am going to get to level 3 one way or another. My legs especially thighs were sore level one, but level 2 it has been the upper arms at least that is the way it is for me. I have one of Jillian Michaels other DVDs and the shred must be one of her first because she is a much bigger bully in the more recent DVD's. That was funny about your daughter and facebook.

Julie- Happy late anniversay and You kids will be home soon and soon you will forget why you missed them so much!!!

Joan- canning pickles is hard work that was really nice of you to help your mom. Good luck with the cleanse.

Dan- IT is the 30 Day Shred an exercise DVD from Jillian Michaels one of the Biggest Looser trainers. It is 3 levels of exercise that increases in intensity and you are suppose to do it for 30 days to shred the pounds. There is a beginner you can follow or more of an advanced person to follow.

JLem311
08-10-2009, 05:30 PM
i'm right there with ya amy, i haven't lost much, but my endurance and stamina are definitely increasing, plus muscles are toning and i'm gonna take my measurements at the end of the 30 days to see. but either way, weight or inches loss, i'm proud of myself for getting into the habit of exercising more than just every so often..i'm making it a part of my daily life and am proud that i've made commitment and have stuck it out..even when i didn't want to get up and workout on the weekends, i did and continue to do so. my DH told me i'm more HOOAH (army term) than HOOAH! :) made me smile. he's pretty dang proud of me for keeping it up.
every time i get my workout done, and keep with it, i feel like my inner fat girls voice gets softer and weaker. that may sound stupid, but it makes me feel powerful knowing that i'm not quitting!

Kristinx
08-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Can someone kick my inner fat chick? She just ate ice cream since the dentist said not to chew tonight...I could have made scrambled eggs or soup or something but noooooo...ice cream....after a weekend of camping, beer, and unfortunately some slip ups with the no smoking thing...ugh! Summer is sooo hard...but who am I kidding it's hard any time of year really.

It's been more good than bad the past few weeks though...down 4.6 lbs after 3 weeks of eating clean weekdays and bad on weekends...just gotta get those weekends somewhat under control and keep increasing the exercise.

We're also going on a financial diet...wanna buy a house but our spending is way out of control! I dunno why....I never buy new clothes, shoes, nor do we go to a lot of dinners out or movies. I guess it's just I have been paying so much down on past debts we run out of money before payday...

Anyway..sorry to be a downer with all you go getters and shredders! You guys are doing awesome!

JerseyMadchen
08-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Jillian- as a member of a Marine family, I'll send along an OOOORAHHHH to you!!!

JLem311
08-11-2009, 11:14 AM
good morning all. day 23 of the Shred done! :) all 23 days in a row too! so excited about that. my arms are hurting a bit..i think i may have pulled something in my left arm, but i'm still pushing through it anyways. i REFUSE to stop and skip a day! i REFUSE to quit. NO WAY. ;)

hope everyone has a good day.

sweetandspicy
08-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Way to stay committed Jillian-- you are my hero!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day. it is so hot and humid here it is miserable to be outside much less exercise. I did walk yesterday evening but I am recommiting to the Shred tonight. Too hot to be outside!!! It is making me meaner or so my husband says. But I think it is the heat it makes me less patient. He also says that with every pound I loose the meaner I get. I guess my inner fat chick is the nice one. Oh well!!! I think I would rather be mean and skinny than overweight and a push over. Who knows.

Shool started off well. As you all know I have 5 kids in school. and as you can imagine they are all 5 so very different. We entered a different school system last year. They work in phases one, two and three. One advanced,two average and three below average. So it has been difficult to see the kids being placed in different groups. I have two phase ones, one phase 3 and one phase 2, and a 1st grder. So as a mom I am constantly trying to pretend for the kids that things are the same but when a 4th graders home work is harder than the 6th graders it is so difficult to explain not matter how I try. Same thing with football it is hard to accept one kid to get to play always and see the other stand on the sidelines. I guess I am not ready for them to learn how unfair life can be. They are too young for these life lessons.

There is nothing in this world harder than being a mom...

Hoochie
08-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Julie- I can so relate to you! I miss my kids so much when they are away. The funny thing is that after they are back for a day and they are fighting about something, you will think...can they go away again?????haha

Kristin- I need someone to kick my inner fat chick too!!!!! Way to go being down 4.6 lb though. I noticed that you have your Christmas goal up already. Aghhhhh I don't want summer to end.

Jillian- You have endurance girl...23 days of the shred, way to go! The name of the cleanse I am starting in 3 days is Total Cleansing. I can't wait actually.

So last night I went for a 40 minute walk and then I took my dogs to the park and ran with them for about another 20 minutes. When I got home I was so exhausted that I sat on my deck and had a glass of red wine. It really was so relaxing. My DH said we will do this together the rest of the week. I feel great today!

Okay well I gotta do some work no. Talk to you later

Joan

Kristinx
08-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Hoochie: Yep, I'm in a Christmas challenge on Wedding Bells. Plan to start dress shopping after Christmas so want to get down a couple sizes before then!

Jillian: Be careful not to hurt yourself! When I did the Active 30 day challenge my ankle was hurting for a week but I wouldn't take the time off to rest it and I ended up putting myself out for a month! But if you think it's just muscle soreness then power to ya for pushing through!

If the rain holds off tonight I am hoping to go for a nice walk tonight. I am so lucky to have discovered a new route to walk! I just cross my road, go through a path and I can walk a dirt road all along the ocean, then loop around and walk the main road back home! Takes about 45 minutes and is really quite beautiful! God I am lucky to live so close to the water. I have to remember that when I am upset about not having bought a house yet. There will be no way we can afford to buy the house we want so close to the ocean so I should enjoy the rented place while I can!

Mama Nicole
08-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Kristin.........I didn't take the time to respond to your post yesterday......but girl......don't worry about the smoking over the weekend........you only have to look forward, not back. Don't smoke another one.......not today. Tomorrow, you can re-evaluate. You only have to make it through today.......and you CAN do that. How awesome you live by the ocean. I miss large bodies of water here in Missouri. I used to live very near Lake Michigan.......and although it is no ocean, it is still pretty magnificent. I think I will build myself a Christmas goal as well. I was thinkking about it the other day.....so what the heck :)

I completed day 2 of the shred.

I could barely lower myself to the floor, but I did it, and I am very proud of myself. As long as I have been on this forum, I don't think I have ever worked out two days in a row.........but today, this day, I did it :)

Ok, I think I am going to go jump in the pool with the kids. That is way more fun than doing laundry :)

Oh, and Amy M.......I think that is ridiculous about the grouping of the kids in school.........not cool at ALL!
XOXO

Kristinx
08-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks Nicole! It's an ongoing battle! At the very least I can say I am not back where I started with the smoking thing, even after several slip ups the past few weeks...I honestly don't thinK i can ever completely quit until FH does...he still likes to have a couple a day...and he's been like that for ages! I dunno how he can do it...anyway...

Congrats on day 2 of the shred! Keep it up!

Amy...wow I can't believe they do that in the schools. Here it is soooo "everyone is equal" it's actually gone too far that way...they don't even make the kids make up work when they miss school! I'm very much afraid the kids coming out of our school system will need to be babied or will get such a shock at the real world it will cripple them.

I'm not an expert but I find what helps with my step-son (who is not the greatest student, but super smart) is just explaining that everyone has different strengths and even if he hasn't found his yet he will. I can imagine it would be super hard with siblings though...god I remember how competitive my sister always was with me...not to mention still is! (her reaction to my engagement ring was..."well it's bigger than mine, you must be happy." LOL As if that thought even crossed my mind..sheesh. Anyway, off topic rant...lol I'll be interested to hear how this new schooling system works for each of your kids.

petitelapin
08-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi. I am back:( The last few months have been downhill all the way. I am about 10 lbs away from where I was when I started LAWL 18 months ago. The kids home from school has made it impossible to go to the gym so I fill my time with eating horribly!BOO!

I placed a library hold on the 30 DAy Shred dvd. Yup, I am cheap like that for sure!
Tan

JLem311
08-11-2009, 05:51 PM
nicole i'm so freakin' proud of you!! you're AMAZING! keep at it girl!! evert time you feel like quitting, DON'T. that's you inner fat girl trying to win. keep aat it and you will be so proud an amazed at how far you've come!

kimintexassahm
08-11-2009, 06:27 PM
My DH has informed me he wants to go to the Paula Deen buffet while we are in Memphis. Really honey are you kidding me? Tonight my dad wants to take us all out for pizza buffet. I feel like everyone is trying to sabotage me. It's going to be hard enough to stay OP for vacation but man a buffet? So what do yall think I should do?

Sige
08-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Okay, what's shred?? lol

Luckybustert
08-11-2009, 11:36 PM
My DH has informed me he wants to go to the Paula Deen buffet while we are in Memphis. Really honey are you kidding me? Tonight my dad wants to take us all out for pizza buffet. I feel like everyone is trying to sabotage me. It's going to be hard enough to stay OP for vacation but man a buffet? So what do yall think I should do?

I think you should enjoy it. How often are you going to have the opportunity to eat at Paula Deen's buffet? You can always get right back on plan the next day. Just don't make it a HABIT of doing this.

The pizza buffet is another story.....I'd opt for a salad there, because pizza is readily available everywhere. Or if you can limit yourself, have one slice of pizza. Do you remember the videos they had at the centers that discussed how pizza was a better choice than....I think it was a tuna fish sandwich, but it may have been an entree salad? Point is you can have pizza -- just not the whole pizza pie!

Repo girl
08-12-2009, 01:53 AM
I got to go see Joan Baez in concert tonight. She was AMAZING!

JLem311
08-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Okay, what's shred?? lol

it's the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. it's a dvd workout. it's awesome! i'm on day 24 in a row of doing it! :)

Kristinx
08-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Ugh I just saw pictures of myself from our camping trip this past weekend....not good!

Just another kick in the butt to get me moving!

Kimphin
08-12-2009, 10:11 AM
I completed day 2 of the shred.

I could barely lower myself to the floor, but I did it, and I am very proud of myself. As long as I have been on this forum, I don't think I have ever worked out two days in a row.........but today, this day, I did it :)

Ok, I think I am going to go jump in the pool with the kids. That is way more fun than doing laundry :)
XOXO

I hope you had the strength to keep your head above the water!

Hi all - I've been seriously MIA, I've checked in periodically to see what's up, though. Got back from the Outer Banks, NC last week - we had a great time. I walked every morning with my SIL, but still managed to gain some weight. BOO! So, back to LAWL for me this week. I started back into things Monday, without doing a TO, I'll save that pain for next week sometime. So far so good, but it is also TOM (Lucky DH - I'm on a diet AND have raging PMS. I haven't seen him since we got back - I think he's hiding in the laundry)

We got back to a big wet spot on the garage floor - right under where our master bathroom is....uh oh. The toilet was leaking, and probably has been for a while before we noticed it. (there is a pattern emerging - last year we came home from vaca and ran the dishwasher, which proceeded to spew water all over the floor) So, yesterday we decided that it was time to re-do the master bath. DH ripped it all apart last night - time to shop!

Glad to see you all are still at it - and doing pretty well by the looks of it!

Repo girl
08-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Hiya Kim and Tan!!

Mama Nicole
08-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Hi friends :)

Good to see you, Kim :) Getting ready for school to start. I know I am.....my kids start tomorrow :) whooohooooo!!!!! Although I am going to miss them..........I'm going to look pretty silly splashing around in the pool with my snorkle and tubie :)

Two of the kids are sick with sore throats and stuffy noses. I think 12 yo DD is on the downside of it......but 6 yo is just starting it today. Not good.

Ok, time to get this party started. I will check back after the Shred :)
XOXO

sweetandspicy
08-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Kim- Paula Dean is so amazing I went to her resturant in Savannah several years ago. She does have some lower fat/calorie options but still not what we probably consider low fat. She reminds me of my Grandmother who put a stick of butter (real butter) in everything. But everything she made was wonderful...Good luck resisting temptations!!!

Nicole- Way to go girl. I promise give it 2 more days and you will not be sore!!! I am proud of you!!!

Yes I am disppointed in the school system as well. I understand they are just preparing the children for life and college. But 4th grade is to young, he is the one that is in the top of his class, so it is not like I am complaining because I think he is smarter than they think, I just dont want him loaded with homework or pressure. I am lucky though that he is the most laid back off all our children so he really does not care one way or the other. Just like with football he gets to play offense, defense, made an amazing tackle last night yet he could care less. He was more concerned about getting nachos.

So here is my story for Jillian because she will appreciate it. Yesterday my 11 year old had practice/ not a game. My husband was late and he is the coach that is always there first to get them warmed up. So he called me and told me to get them to do the stretchs and to keep them busy. I of course had no idea what to do so I decied to do the Shred from memory. They did not have weights so I skipped the strength training but we did everything else, as best to my memory. We did not do as many reps but we did work out for 20 minutes including running laps. I assume it was funny to watch because some of the boys were so off. I did do everything with them instead of walking around talking like they do on the DVD. So when my husband go there he was mad because he said I wore them out. I moved down the field to watch my 9 year old play in his scrimmage and a lady walked up to me and said did you just have my son do the 30 day Shred. I just laughed and said yes they told me to work them out and thats the only workout I know... She laughed too..

So I am back on the shred girls!!!

JLem311
08-12-2009, 11:00 AM
morning all. i'm done with day 24 of the 30. only 6 more days to go! again, i'm not seeing much of any WL..but that's ok. i know i'm toning and my endurance is so much better..and i feel better. that's all the matters to me right now. the scale will move eventually. i just need to keep at it, i suppose. i haven't done much "cheating" on plan either..so not sure what's up with it. oh well.
i've got to go shopping (i hate shopping!) this weekend to find something to wear to my brother's wedding in a few weeks. i literally have nothing to wear since i was pregnant for my sister's wedding in sept and my other brother's wedding in november. and the dress i wore last july to go pick DH up in NC after being gone for the military doesn't fit...well, actually it does, but i can't sit down in it because it's so tight. but it looks amazing on me! if only i could sit down in it...i'm pretty sure i'd rip the zipper apart in the back and i don't want to do that because i want to wear it for our anniversary in september. so..i have no choice but to get something. and i'm bound and determined to find a dress, because my family hasn't seen me in a dress since my HS graduation 9yrs ago! :) and with my spanx underneath it, i'm gonna look amazing! and not like i just had a baby almost 4 months ago! :) yay!

anyways..i'm off to do some laundry and such. hope everyone has a good day..and you ladies that are shredding....how's it's going and what day are you on? is anyone doing it continuously in a row with me?

JLem311
08-12-2009, 11:03 AM
So here is my story for Jillian because she will appreciate it. Yesterday my 11 year old had practice/ not a game. My husband was late and he is the coach that is always there first to get them warmed up. So he called me and told me to get them to do the strechs and to keep them busy. I of course had no idea what to do so I decied to do the Shred from memory. They did not have weights so I skipped the strength training but we did everything else, as best to my memory. We did not do as many reps but we did work out for 20 minutes including running laps. I assume it was funny to watch because some of the boys were so off. I did do everything with them instead of walking around talking like they do on the DVD. So when my husband go there he was mad because he said I wore them out. I moved down the field to watch my 9 year old play in shi scrimmage and a lady walked up to me and said did you just have my son do the 30 day Shred. I just laughed and said yes they told me to work them out and thats the only workout I know... She laughed too..

So I am back on the shred girls!!!

that's an AWESOME story, amy! :) you rule! :)

and nicole--amy is right, after day 4 i wasn't sore really at all. keep at it! i'm SO FREAKIN' PROUD OF YOU GIRL!!!!!!!

Kimphin
08-12-2009, 12:29 PM
I found a cool site for making little flip-fold journals - www.pocketmod.com

aguerin
08-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Hello all. Not much going on with me.

Kimphin - Good To see you again.

AmyM. Your Football shred story is so funny.

I was able to stay OP yesterday. That day off for the PicNic in DC has me all messed up. Craving sweets, craving everything. I have to get focused! But the best thing is that the scale is not up (that much) LOL

Hoochie
08-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Kim- Good to see you again. I am glad you are still lurking around....

Amy- I can just see you out there doing Football warm-ups. I think that is just great that you took over and did your own thing with the shredd. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

I have been out every night this week running and playing with my dogs. They absolutely love it and its great for me.

Kristin, I think you mentioned that you hate seeing pictures of yourself and I can so relate to that. Someone tagged me on facebook with a terrible photo. I swear I have a big double chin...aghh!!!! They probably did it to make themself feel better. Oh well I will be thin one day......

Joan

JLem311
08-12-2009, 02:17 PM
joan, what did you end up naming the new puppy?

aguerin
08-12-2009, 03:51 PM
O.K. So I am bored today.

I have uploaded a picture in my profile that was taken at the picnic in DC on Friday. We were on the back of a boat headed to Harris' crab house. It was a tough day at the office that day! LOL

The lady on the left is my friend Lorre and the happy guy in the middle is the Program Manager for the contract. I don't know who was driving the boat.

chiquita623
08-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Hey Everyone. Not much new with me. I feel like I finally have my head screwed on right and am ready to recommit to losing again. I think I've put on 15 pounds or so in the last 6 months. ACK!!!!

Jillian - you are so inspiring. I have the Shred at home and was thinking that maybe I need to start doing it again. Only focus more on feeling better about my size and myself in general than about some crazy number on the scale.

I bought a little car for myself for when I retire. I know it's a couple years away but I wanted to make sure it was paid off before I got to that point. So I still have the "grandma car" and now I have a little bright yellow Saturn Sky. It's a 2 seater convertible. I've only had it a week but I love it!!! Such fun.

Better get something productive done this afternoon. I'll try to check back in later. Have a good day ladies. And Dan.

Hoochie
08-12-2009, 04:10 PM
joan, what did you end up naming the new puppy?

I named her Roxy.

Mama Nicole
08-12-2009, 04:24 PM
day 3 is done. I am a bit less sore today.......and I am really not loving giving up the hour to do it........and I say an hour, cuz I absolutely HAVE to shower afterwards.......but I guess it is finally time to start making time for myself. My family will have to adjust......right? They don't ask me to not take the time, but after so many years of me NOT doig it, it might be a tough adjustment.........we'll see.

thanks for all of your encouragement girls........it really helps to come here and have your very own cheerleading squad. I figure I only have to do it 18 more days before it becomes a habit, right?

I did WI this a.m., just out of curiosity, and I am up 0.2 lbs......but I am not suprised........my body is probably in a state of shock with the working out. It is probably tryijng to conserve all of it's energy wondering what the **** I am doing to i.

Ok, have to jump in the shower and take DD for new gym shoes. I'll check back later tonight.

Oh, and AmyM.......I LOVED your story. Those boys were probably dying out there.....lol. And I bet there were a lot of mom's that were in awe of you working out so hard :) Good for you :)
XOXO

jewljz
08-12-2009, 04:32 PM
HI everyone that has been MIA! Welcome back :)

Amy - funny story!

Jillian - whatever you do, don't get discouraged at not losing while doing the shred, its about becoming stronger! I've been working with a trainer for 6 weeks now and doing spin class, walking the dog, running with my DH and haven't lost anything, in fact some days I'm even UP! But, this last weekend we went to ride our 'real' bikes and I was floored that I was able to make it up the hills with little effort. A few months back I had to walk my bike up the hills and this time, it was almost easy! I guess there is something to be said for all that exercise, it felt FANTASTIC!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Kristinx
08-12-2009, 08:25 PM
All you shredders inspired me! I put my Wii Active game back in. I'm not starting the 30 day challenge again as I am away too much lately but I created a custom workout with a lot of the sports games I like, lunges, squats and man I sweated! Off to shower!

Mama Nicole
08-12-2009, 10:22 PM
hoooorayyyy for Kristin.......if I can do it........ANYONE can do it....:lol:.

Repo girl
08-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Hooray for both of you!!! All of you exercisers are kicking a$$!!

Jillian- Just look at how much you have motivated all of these girls!

Mama Nicole
08-13-2009, 09:21 AM
That is soooo true, Katie......she has really gotten this party started :)

I have one child off to school, and two to go. The only trouble is, 12 yo DD and 6 yo are both sick........they both have a runny nose and sore throat.......and I am sending them anyway. It is always so hard to decide if they should go or not.

Ok, I better run..........I have to figure out if I can find a regular time to do the shred each day.........now that we are going back to some sort of structure, I want to ensure I will get it done.

Have a good ay, everyone :)
XOXO

JLem311
08-13-2009, 10:39 AM
aww, thanks everyone! it's really Amy (from NJ/VA) that got me into it!
btw..day 25 done..only 5 to go.

sweetandspicy
08-13-2009, 11:05 AM
WAy to go Jillian- I calculated last night and I am on Day 19, not straight though. I did 15 days straight then went estray. I think I am just going to try to do the shred as much as I can. With FB games it is hard to do the shred so late at night but I do walk/jog on the track before the games. I figure it is so hot sitting outside it really doesn't matter if I get hot and sweaty from exercise anyway.

Nicole- great job on the shred- I hope your kiddos feel better

KristinX- great job getting the wii out, I also had previously read both articles you posted quite interesting information

Julie- keep up the exercise habits!! sounds like you are doing fantastic.

Joan- cute puppie name

Laurie-I love those cars and yellow sounds so much fun!!!

Well the boys do not practice on Wednesday so I will be anxious to hear if they were sore or not tonight. Yesterday I got a phone call from one of the boys on the team his name is Gavin and well bless his heart he needs to loose some weight ASAP. He said that my son (who would never tell me this) said you should ask my mom to help you she has lost weight really fast and she looks great now. So here an 11 year old asked for help on how to lose weight. I told my husband and he said we have to help him. So I talked with him for awhile about what he eats and when he eats. I think it is just to much junk not enough fruits and veggies. He said since football he has lost 2 pounds so the exercise has to help.

I know he does not want to "diet" and I am sure he would be embarrassed to try at school. SO I talked to his Dad and he packs his lunch everyday so I suggested a lower calorie bread, to take the 100 cal snacks, but take them out of the package and put in a ziplock bag so no one knows it lowfat and at dinner instead of dessert try fruit, lay off sodas and cereals?

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciated it..

Dan2112
08-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Morning all..

Hope y'all are doing well today..

Liz starts attending WW meetings today with one of her co-workers. I'll be interested to see how it turns out.. It's that accountability..

As for me, it's been an up and down week.. Going out of town tomorrow night for a teacher training course. (half day Friday/half day Saturday to accomodate teachers already back in school)... Hoping it won't turn out badly..

Have a great day!!

Repo girl
08-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Amy- What a cute story. Your son must be a gem! Good for you for trying help. IMO, a growing kid needs plenty of protein, plus maybe it would help him from being hungry. String cheese and nuts are both good ones as snacks, like before and/or after football, maybe?

sweetandspicy
08-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Katie- that is a great idea about the protein I will mention that to him tonight. My 11 year old is the sweetest of our boys. He runs his lap and then goes back and runs the rest of the lap with the boys who are having trouble. I hope he always stays sweet. He eats like a pig and barely weighs 95lbs with all his football pads on.

Mama Nicole
08-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Katie- that is a great idea about the protein I will mention that to him tonight. My 11 year old is the sweetest of our boys. He runs his lap and then goes back and runs the rest of the lap with the boys who are having trouble. I hope he always stays sweet. He eats like a pig and barely weighs 95lbs with all his football pads on.
:cry:.........AmyM.......your boy is making me misty :) My 6 yo is like that too.......and he makes me cry all the time with the kindness of his heart :)

DAY 4.........DONE!

Ok, have to clean this house sometime today :)
XOXO

Dan2112
08-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Ok.. Have a question.. Been talking with a friend here about working out and, taking a cue from our discussions about post-workout eating, mentioned the importance of protein intake.

The catch is that she's a vegetarian and is decidedly NOT handy in the kitchen. So she needs quick and easy proteins..

Any thoughts?

Kimphin
08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Well, since I am highly susceptible to shiny new things - I went and bought the Shred DVD. I'll be in pain with you all starting on Sunday (LOL - can't start before then, I have a big husband/wife golf tournament on Sat. and DH will kill me if I'm in pain!)

Amy - your DS sounds like a sweetie, AND he's obviously proud of his mom! Good work!

Hoochie
08-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Ok.. Have a question.. Been talking with a friend here about working out and, taking a cue from our discussions about post-workout eating, mentioned the importance of protein intake.

The catch is that she's a vegetarian and is decidedly NOT handy in the kitchen. So she needs quick and easy proteins..

Any thoughts?

How about a banana or cheese strings. Those are both pretty high in protein. Yogurt would be good too but maybe not so handy to take to the gym.

Joan

jewljz
08-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Dan - I know, I know!!! Nuts! I love nuts as a protein :) and if she wants something handier - she can get a bar with nuts!

JerseyMadchen
08-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Hey guys!

I know I've been absent for a while, but it's been kind of crazy around here! We GOT the house!!! (For those of you not on Facebook!!) Kind of weird, we looked at it last Sunday, and knew on Tuesday of this week that it's ours! We close on September 17th.

Jillian- thanks for the props about the Shred. I kinda feel like a heel as I started this whole Shred craze and I gave up! You're our Shred inspiration! I may start it up again, I don't know. I am not in the mindset right now.

It's funny, when I was watching what I ate and working out, I was not losing, but I FELT GREAT! Now, I feel AWFUL. I am bloated (my wedding rings dont fit me and are irritating my finger) and just feel like garbage.

There are amillion excuses I keep telling myself.... I am excited to start LAWL again as I now have a great plan (thanks to AmyM and Jillian) but I can't buy and keep many veggies and fruits now. Since we're still living in the inlaws basement,we're using a smaller fridge. I mean SMALL, like between a small regular fridge and a college dorm size. And I need to keep it at a certain level to keep dairy and milk cold, but then all the veggies freeze! THere are crisper drawers, but NOTHING fits in them. Soon enough I will have a full size one and NO excuses!!

Hoochie
08-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Congrat's on the house Amy!!! I am really excited for you!

Joan

Kristinx
08-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Congrats on the house! So exciting! Once you're settled there I am sure you will be able to get back on track

BarbaraB
08-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Amy, How exciting that you got the house!

Letty, I do have a few years on you! I haven't done the shred since I banged myself up on my bike about a week ago. My DH put the pedals with clips on one side and I didn't realize I was clipped in until it was too late to do anything but eat pavement..... but I'm pretty healed up from that now so I think I'll do it tonight. I just didn't think I could handle the pushups.

My DH planned an "epic hike" for our camping trip.. and it WAS. We did a warm up hike (3.4 miles up to the top of a mountain), and then dropped the car off at the trail head and rode our bikes 10 miles back to our campsite. Julie, I did get off and push the bike, but that was one massive killer hill... over a mile of straight uphill.. I actually only walked a little as I can power up most hills now. Then we took off the next morning and hiked up over a high mountain pass climbing close to 3000 feet elevation and ended up 13 and a half miles along back where we parked the truck. I'm still recovering... but I'm only a little sore after I sit for a while I stiffen up.

So anyway, great trip, beautiful scenery

JLem311
08-14-2009, 08:27 AM
alright peeps-- i was up at 445am getting my Shred on! day 26 done! only 4 more days to go! ;) i think after i'm done with the Shred i'm gonna keep at it for awhile longer, doing more of the advanced moves. (but only working out 5 days a week instead of 7).
i've got a busy day today. running errands and trying to find something to wear to my brother's wedding that is next weekend. wish me luck..i haven't been shopping for anything in soooo long. (i bought some of those spanx things so i can at least have the illuision of a smooth body!) think i should wear them under my jeans so that way i'll know exactly how i'll look in the dress/outfit when i'm trying stuff on?

anyways...hope everyone has a good friday!

and amy--you'll get back to your workout habits/eating plan habits in no time! do what you can and don't beat yourself up about it! i'm here for ya girl, if you ever wanna talk..you've got my cell#---so text me already! :) it's my preferred method of communication ya know!

JLem311
08-14-2009, 08:35 AM
here's a few recent pictures for those of you not on FB to see them:
here's a picture of Julia and Jagger in the new shirts my parents got them from their Sturgis trip.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/newshirts.jpg

and here's them "working out!"
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/workout.jpg

baby X was playing on the floor and this is how we found her a few minutes later.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/funnygirl.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/funnygirl2.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/prettyxjr.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/smiley.jpg

aguerin
08-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Good Morning / Happy Friday ALL!!!!

Jersey: Congrats on your house. I couldn't believe how happy that made me that you guys actually got it. It made my day.

Jillian: I am getting closer to being motivated to start that shred thing you have inspired everyone into. I may start looking for the DVD today. I don't want to rush into it though.:rofl:

Congrats to all of you who have committed to starting the shred exercise plan. :goodluck:

I don't have much planned for the weekend. My youngest son started back to school this week and that has taken a hit on my finances. He is a Junior. My oldest one will start college in about a week. I can't imagine what that will do to my finances. :dizzy:

Have a great weekend all, If I don't post again until Monday. Oh wait, I have a tradeshow next week. I may not be around much. Thats going to be hard to be OP with no food. Anyway.

Mama Nicole
08-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Jillian.......you are clearly a morning person. Me, not so much.......lol.
XOXO

Kristinx
08-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Ugh, last time I saw 4:45 am I think I was still up, not getting up haha...then again I am a nighthawk. Way to go!

I was down another 1.2 lbs this week. Hoping for more but after that bad weekend (which left me UP 3 lbs) I should be happy I countered that gain and still ended up in minus territory!

Still got a ways to go for my Christmas goal though! Just keep telling myself I want to be excited to go dress shopping....and I don't want to end up crying cause I can't find anything that looks good :)

Mama Nicole
08-14-2009, 09:18 AM
DixieAmy........you are cracking me up about the Shred.........mine sat on my mantle for a least a week after I ordered it. The day I put it in.........I wasn't even feeling very committed......but practice makes perfect, and it is getting soooo much easier for me to do it each day. I haven't done yet today, but I am not a morning person, as I stated above.

And speaking of getting kids going back to school.....and going broke....I hear that. I have three in school this year.....and thee little one does have to start pre-school soon....but I have been putting that off cuz I just don't want to pay for it. I know that sound terrible, but since I do not work.....that extra bill each month is killer.....and I certainly don't want to have to start working just so my boy can go to preschool twice a week for 2 1/2 hours. anyway.......we now have on in highschool, one in middle school, one in elementary school, one is supposed to be in college, (don't get me started), and one that is supposed to be in preschool. ha ha ha.

Kim........shiny new things, huh? You crack me up. I can't wait to hear how you like the shred......

And Barbara........what do you think of the workout? I am curious to hear how those of you who have worked out more recently like it.

Ok, time to wake the 6 yo angel. I will check back with you all later :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
08-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Hi Kristin :) We must have been posting at the same time.

sweetandspicy
08-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Nicole- great job on day 4- I hope you are not as sore- Keep up the good work. I hear you on going broke. School supplies-They just about did us in.

Jillian- way to go. I need to get up and do the shred in the morning hours that way I could do more in the evenings. You are so inspirational. The kiddos pictures are so cute.

AmyNJ- congrats on the house. I am so happy for you. Watch salt and drink more water that will help with your wedding ring to fit better. Also all the moving and home repairs are great exercise so I am sure the pounds will fall off.

Kristin- great job on the loss, I am sure you will meet your Christmas goal..

Dan- AS Julie said I love nuts as proteins. I like almonds and sting cheese for protien too. Also I have been drinking protein shakes in the morning that helps me get started. I like to take plain yogurt frozen rasberries and some Whey protein powder it taste good and seems light on my stomach which helps me with exercise.

Dixie Amy- I remember when I started college and how expensive I thought it was 10 years ago I can not imagine now. I am trying not to but need to because I have a 14 year old....not looking forward to it..

Kim- good luck with the Shred.

My boy is the sweetest, I have a wonderful oppurtunity to observe childhood from a unique perspective. As most of you know I have 6 boys. one 14,12,11,9,6 and 1. They are all so different. It amazes me every single day just to see how different they handle every situation. The very most amazing part is the 1 year old. He is fiercely independant yet so dependant on his brothers at the same time. He is going to be rotten before he is 2. It seems the one thing that all my boys have in common is there protectiveness of each other, now they at any moment will beat each other up, but someone else looks at one of them wrong and it is on. They pick on the 6 year old relentlessly yet yesterday on the bus they had a 13 year old crying cause he called the 6 year old a punk. Luckily they did not get in trouble, but I guess that is the way family is suppose to be.

So to help inspire you all. Today I am wearing a pair of size 12 jeans. yesterday I went to Old Navy as they are having a sale on jeans. I told my self I would only buy a size 14. I have not bought any pants since I started loosing. I had some 14 jeans in my closet I fit into about a month ago, but they were old and I felt they probably had been stretched out from the last time I wore them. So I only took 14's to the fitting room. I had to go back for a smaller size!!! First time in probably 6 or more years that I even thought about a 12. I got down to a true 14 about 2 years ago. I have only lost 3 pounds since I started the shred but I have to tell you I have lost a ton of inches especially in my hips to fit in these pants. So just because the scale does not go down you are toning and loosing inches. So girls and Dan lets keep up the exercise!!!

BarbaraB
08-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Nicole, I like the shred, except for the jumping. It makes my feet hurt where I got a stress fracture a few years ago and that worries me. It is a great all over toning program, and I really could use that. I'm thinking I may try to find something that is just toning for about the same length of time, since that is what I need to add, as I do get a lot of cardio. I still didn't manage to do the shred last night as I didn't get home from work until 9, and then after I cooked dinner and cleaned up and gave myself a few minutes to digest it was time for bed. That's what I get for going on vacation, the opportunity to do 5 days work in 2 days!

aguerin
08-14-2009, 01:50 PM
O.K. all you shred pushers. I am going to look for the DVD at Wal-Mart this weekend. I may not get it out of the box. Baby steps. I have to take baby steps. Thanks for the inspiration all of you!

I did see a preview of it on Amazon/Ebay (I think). Whats up with the butt rolls? I'm just saying it looked pretty funny. LOL

AmyM: I don't know how you handle 6 boys. My two are a mess. My oldest one almost killed himself in February. Thats a story in itself. My youngest one could be a model with his effortless 6 pack which he has had since age 10. HE takes up for his older brother! Before my oldest one graduated in May, the boys in his room would ask my younger one if he was going to jump on them, if they picked a fight with the oldest one. They were asking permission to fight the older one. Of course the fights never took place, but that was the protocol. They can't stand to be a part, but fight like cats and dogs at the same time. Men!

Congrats on the WL Kristen.

chiquita623
08-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Hi Everyone. Not much new with me. Going to have one of the grandson's over tomorrow night for a sleep over. Should be fun!!

Since I have my mind in the right place, all I need to do is go to the store and get the stuff to begin eating better. I think I'll go to the farmers market in the morning to get the fruits and vegetables. I like to think that they are better than the ones I get at the store.

I think I'll also do a TO to help jump start things. I haven't done one in forever so this should be interesting!!

AmyNJ - Congrats on the house. It's an exciting time for you and DH. Enjoy and treasure it.

Jillian - Cute pics of the kiddos!! I'm with everyone else that is not a morning person. I seem to function better in the evening as far as exercising.

DixieAmy- College is expensive for sure. But you'll figure it out so it doesn't hurt too bad.

Nicole, BarbaraB and all you other potential shredders - I have it at home but haven't started it yet. I think I'll start on Sunday or Monday. There is just something about starting something in the middle of the week. I can't get my head around it. Seems I do better with things if I start at the beginning of the week. Psychological I know. But I yam what I yam - a little goofy!!

Hope you all have a great Friday. I'll try to check back in later but if not - have a good weekend.

Kristinx
08-14-2009, 01:59 PM
I get to go back to school shopping this weekend too! Of course it's just for one, my soon to be stepson. It is a pain cause we are just getting to a good point in paying down debt and increasing savings to buy a house and things like this pop up and sets us back again. But that's okay. At least this time we are doing the shopping. Usually his mother just asks us for extra money on top of the child support and it really doesn't seem like he gets what we pay for, so this year I just said tell me what he needs and we'll go shopping :) Of course on the top of the list is a "cool pair of expensive sneakers" LOL He's going into grade 5 and this is honestly the first time he's ever really cared about labels...either his mother put him up to that to get more money from us or he is really is just getting to that pre-teen age...he's a sweet kid though...just wants to be everyone's friend and would give ya the shirt off his back. When he was little his Dad would buy him a new toy and like the next day Dad would ask where it was..."Oh I gave it to my friend so and so."

Anyway, off topic, just we've had him most of the summer and he's been with his Mom for most of the last 2 weeks so I miss him :)

Hope everyone is having a great Friday! I am gonna try to behave better this weekend!

Kristinx
08-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Wow everyone must have been posting at the same time haha

Mama Nicole
08-14-2009, 05:07 PM
day 5.....complete. I have to agree about the jumping, Barbara. I have made a few modifications, because my feet BURN so bad when I do the jumping. I do about half the jumping, and half marching or high-stepping. I don't really know what else to do. I know my knees and feet cannot handle all that though. I do get a good sweat on, that's for sure.

AmyM....congrats on the 12's. You must be flying high about that.

Ok, time to get this house picked up before all the kids get home :)
XOXO
P.S. Have a good weekend everyone........and be good to yourself, by taking good care of yourself. :)

Hoochie
08-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Amy M- Yippeee for you. All that hard work is paying off. Size 12 is awesome. Way to go!

Jillian- Man how do you do it? Are you wonder woman getting up at 4:45 to work out. Now that is dedication especially when you are busy being a Mom all day too...WOW

Dixiechick- Okay so I don't have the shred either so maybe I will buy it this week while I am on vacation. Maybe we can start it together in about a week if you want to wait for me...but you don't have to...
all these shred pushers!!!!! haha

Tonight we are going out to dinner with the people that bought right next to us in Mexico. We have to bring something to their house so last night I made homemade salsa. It is delicious! We are doing up some plans together. I will be going to Huatulco in a couple of months to pick out all my colors. I am so excited. I love the terra cotta and cobalt blue colors. This will be really exciting!

I am starting my cleanse this evening. I just have a drink that I have to have every night on an empty stomach about 3 hours before I go to bed. I just hope I am not up at 4:45 running to the bathroom...its still my sleep time at that hour!!!! I won't be up exercising like Jillian!!! haha

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll talk to you when I get back.
By the way, how do you guys all get in touch with each other on facebook? Maybe I need to be adding you on as friends. I don't go on facebook at work but sometimes in the evening.

Okay gotta go...sorry for the blah blah blah!!!!

Joan

BarbaraB
08-14-2009, 06:21 PM
Okay, so I went to spin class at lunch as a penance for not doing the shred last night. I think that is probably a bad trade, since that instructor at noon is a bit sadistic. Worse than Jillian.... Felt good though. Its a "thank you sir can I have another" sort of a deal I suppose... I'm getting up tomorrow morning and going again too.. then I definitely will do the shred on Sunday.

JLem311
08-14-2009, 06:45 PM
ok, so i'm back from running all my errands. and I even ventured to the mall to find something to wear to my brother's wedding next weekend. well I found a complete outfit..thought it looked great when I tried it on at the store, I even got earrings, necklace, shoes and everything. I get it home and put everything on..and I hate it!! i'm so pissed. I spent all this time looking for something..and now i'm back to nothing! ugh! I do have that dress I wore last july to go and pick DH up in NC from being gone for the military..but the thing is...its pretty freakin' tight. like so tight I have to put it on over my head (instead of stepping into it) and then DH has to pull and pinch to get the zipper all the way up..I haven't even tried to sit down in it..i'm afraid to! I love this dress too! I wish I could wear it, but I think it looks like i'm sausaged into it. I don't know what to do! I wanted to waer a dress (which I never do) and look great..not like I just had a baby and all frumpy and dumpy.
any opinions? i've looked all over the mall and didn't find anything either! so I really don't want to go back.

ugh..ok, i'm done venting. did I mention how I hate dressing up and that this is the third and FINAL wedding I will ever attend for the next 10yrs? (my sister and other brother both got married within a month of each other last year!!) and I had the courtesy of eloping..both times! ha!

Hoochie
08-14-2009, 07:30 PM
You crack me up Jillian!! It's like when I was trying to buy a swimsuit for vacation...shopping is just horrible sometimes.
I say we blames the bad mirrors in the mall!!! How about that?
I can't imagine you looking bad, we are just hard on ourselves thats all.
Good luck in whatever decision you make.

Joan

Mama Nicole
08-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Jillian......post a picture.....we will tell you the truth, we won't just try to make you feel better. When is the wedding? I have this adorable black sheerish blouse and skirt you can borrow......ha ha ha. I am serious though.....I will try and find a picture of it.....and I will send it to you to wear, and then you can send it back to me :) It is my no fail, I look pretty get up.......and DH LOVES it :) I'll go look for some pics now :)
XOXO

JLem311
08-14-2009, 11:14 PM
thanks, nicole! you're so sweet! i'll take a pic of me in the "tight dress" tomorrow morning when i try it on again before i go out to look for something else. :) i'll let you know. i may brave it and try and sit down in it to see how uncomfy it is and/or rips at the zipper in the back! ha! :)

xoxo.

Mama Nicole
08-15-2009, 04:03 PM
I did day 6 of the shred :)

JLem311
08-15-2009, 07:26 PM
nicole!! i'm so proud of you!!

Mama Nicole
08-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Good morning everyone :)

Jillian......is this the new outfit or the dress from last year? Whichever it is, it is adorable!!!

Mama Nicole
08-16-2009, 03:42 PM
day 6, tada!!!!

JLem311
08-16-2009, 05:16 PM
are you talking about my new avatar pic? if so, no..that's a new tube top I found at old navy for $4.99. i've decided to wear the dress that's tight-the one from last year. it looks good, nice and fitted and I can sit in it, so i'm wearing it! and i'm not uncomfortable in it, otherwise I wouldn't wear it.