Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - ARTIC ZERO ice cream.OMG

View Full Version : ARTIC ZERO ice cream.OMG

Thighs Be Gone
08-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Lemme just say--this stuff is great..I ordered it from my local Sprouts store..the website can tell you if it's available nearby...anyway..the entire pint..YEP, the ENTIRE pint is 136 calories.

four flavors..

PB Chocolate
Chocolate
Strawberry Banana
Vanilla

I had the SB and hubby ate the Chocolate. I can think of very few desserts this huge and this tasty. Definitely a calorie bargain in my book.

LotusMama
08-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the tip. I just looked at the website; it looks good!

Cheers,

J

harrismm
08-09-2009, 07:44 PM
yummo!

Lori259
08-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Yummy ~Thanks for the info Thighs.
Sounds Fantastic....And super low calories.

Thanks for that Cool message you sent me recently also...You know I adore ya & when you send me a message It's always so sweet!!!
HUGS TO YA GIRL!!!

fitnessgal
08-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Wow! I just looked at the website and it says that the Arctic Zero Ice Cream is...

• All Natural
• Low Carb
• Fat Free
• Gluten Free
• Kosher
• Lactose Intolerant-Friendly
• Made With High Quality Whey Protein Concentrate!

Incredible! I think I must be dreaming :)

I'm going to have to try this for sure.

Gela
08-22-2009, 08:12 PM
I want to try this! Looks delicious.

ThickAZChick
08-27-2009, 11:31 AM
There is a Sprouts near my house that carries it! I am RUNNING to get me some! lol Thank you- made my day as I have been searching for desserts and new items for snacks.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wDtZzO5/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wDtZzO5/)

dcapulet
08-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Just saw it on Amazon for $46.13 for 6!! here in ny, no sprouts nearby...

ThickAZChick
08-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Yikers! I hope it isnt that much at Sprouts...that would be a major splurge for me...I was hoping to pay no more than $4 for it. :( I will report when I get back. Did you search for it on the Artic website fr a location near you, decapulet?

ThickAZChick
09-15-2009, 11:27 AM
***Well after hitting my Sprouts up for the past few weeks I have learned I can now only buy this by the 6pack for about $39. This is even after the Arctic Zero website listed this Sprouts as one of two locations in ALL of Arizona that carry their product. I know they are looking to carry it in the future as the Sprouts associate told me I was the THIRD person that day to request it! Go figure...

jefferzzzz
09-15-2009, 07:23 PM
According to the website, it's only available in CA at one Sprout's location. Although, after seeing the price on Amazon, Sprout's can keep it LOL.

HotWings
09-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Well that sucks... no locations in my state. :( Not going to deal with that Amazon price, either. I wonder why more ice creams aren't made this way? Especially with so many health conscious people now? Hope there are knock-offs soon :)

Thighs Be Gone
09-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Hot Wings,

My local market ended up NOT having it although the website showed it. Luckily, the market ordered it for me. Go to the best store in your area and speak to the frozen foods manager. Often times, they will get it for you.

Thighs Be Gone
09-15-2009, 07:46 PM
I pay $3.49 a pint. $2.99 if it's on sale. Since the order came, the stuff sold out and was reordered. The man that ordered it for me said it went like water.

Thighs Be Gone
09-15-2009, 07:48 PM
There is a Sprouts near my house that carries it! I am RUNNING to get me some! lol Thank you- made my day as I have been searching for desserts and new items for snacks.

You are very welcome! The great thing about it is that if I don't feel like putting it down, I don't have to! It's mine ALL mine and great on calories to boot!

As far as price is concerned, I know, I KNOW! But only I eat this in my house. No one else *needs* it.

ThickAZChick
09-16-2009, 04:16 AM
Great news! I am actually going halves w/ a co-worker on some strawberry banana Arctic Zero! We are acting like we are placing an order from a foreign country!!! Too funny- we sat on the phone plotting which flavors would taste the best! I will have to post when I get my "stash" in!:D

Shannon in ATL
09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
I just found this thread and looked it up... Nowhere within 100 miles of me sells it... How does it work ordering frozen food from Amazon.com?

Tibouchina
10-04-2009, 08:19 PM
I will have to check this out - love anything Choc PB. It says that there are several Good Earths in the area that carry it.

Bridezilla
12-11-2009, 05:14 AM
Ok... I saw the one location in Temecula, CA.... it's about 108 miles from my house. If I ever drive down that way for any reason I'll stop over and pick some up and give it a go!

ibcnuldu
12-11-2009, 11:52 AM
No locations in Kansas or Missouri :(

RN BSN 2009
01-04-2010, 04:32 AM
I'll have to wait until it spreads more :(

Thighs Be Gone
08-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Two new flavors of this amazing stuff!

Mint choc cookie is absolutely incredible!

Cookies and Cream is in store on Friday--the manager special ordered for me. I can hardly wait!

belezura
08-03-2010, 07:14 PM
I found one store online that say it carries it... I am going to check it out tomorrow!!! can't wait!!!!
I drove all way to NJ to get some... brought a full cooler back home!!! :D

ainsleymom
08-03-2010, 10:07 PM
I guess this is an old thread, but the Sprouts near me has it. I only bought it because there was a lady there giving out samples. It's great for filling the ice cream craving, but it is definitely not ice cream. My Dh thought it was weird, which is good because more for me! The main ingredient is protein powder.

therex
08-04-2010, 06:41 AM
omgosh, i'm going to my local whole foods to buy some tomorrow. i'm pretty stoked!

oodlesofnoodles
08-04-2010, 02:47 PM
OMG I'm going to Whole Foods TODAY to get it. When searching for it online I found some random person's blog that said it was 5 bucks for a pint. I REALLY hope not. I can afford $3.50 every week but not $5... shoot, I used to drop 4 bucks on Ben&Jerry's no problem in my fatty days lol.

My boyfriend works at a grocery store so I told him to see if they can order it for me. Oh man, I'm so jazzed. This is sad haha.

oodlesofnoodles
08-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Hmmmm. I got some. All I could find was strawberry banana, chocolate, and vanilla, so I got chocolate. It was ok... like a 5 on a 1-10 scale, but for the calories it's worth it. I was disappointed though because plain chocolate needs to be like, REALLY good for it to be good. But the flavors you guys are talking about sound awesome. I'm going to beg my boyfriend to beg his boss to order some for me lol.

I added a little whipped cream and it was much better.

LoveChocolate
08-05-2010, 02:23 AM
I like it, buy I liked it better before they reformulated and added fiber and sodium. It's gone from 'must have' to 'nice treat'. :)

therex
08-05-2010, 03:49 AM
aw... they only had vanilla flavor, which i was NOT down with.

therex
08-06-2010, 06:25 PM
i went to another whole foods near me (i'm so spoiled, there's about 4 within 20 miles) and they had chocolate peanut butter. When i first tried it, it was ok, it kinda taste like frozen chocolate peanut water. But i added strawberries and mixed it up and it was SOOO good. It felt so decadent but was less than 100 cals.. lol whoa.

Karen925
08-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Do Whole Foods in general cary it or is it selected stores? I have a WF close by.

Karen925
08-20-2010, 12:47 PM
WF in San Antonio has it. Trying vanilla w/ maple

belezura
08-20-2010, 02:00 PM
I was so disappointed with the fact that they changed the formula and now all of them are 150 cal/pint... still little... but the feeling of having only 128 or 136 cal for the whole pint was soooooooooo good!!!
Why did they change anyway...
The website says that they did that because some people asked for a more sweet taste... well... I had both of them and they taste the same to me... :(
And for the few calories I would have the less sweet one, if that was the case...

chickybird
08-20-2010, 10:26 PM
I just got the chocolate peanut butter flavor and wasn't too impressed with the flavor. I have pretty serious IBS, so I'm going to see if it gives me a tummy ache (I'm really lactose intolerant). I know it says it's good for people like me, but I've noticed whey protein can do a number on me.
I'll try the vanilla flavor next time, but I won't waste the money on this flavor. I'm glad other people like it though.

Karen925
08-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Tried the vanilla with a touch of maple. It satifies for a sweet dessert at the end of the day. i added some SF choc syrup, lt cool whip, 5 gm chopped pecans. A nice sundae for about 90 cal. I do measure 84 gm of icecream. I do not want to eat more because it is lower cal. I want to have established habits of eating a moderate portion. If it was straight Arctic 35 cal for 1/2 cup.

It isn't Blue Bell, which I can have Rocky Road for 170 cal, but it doesn't have to be.

Karen925
08-22-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm so ridiculously excited to try and find the cookies & cream and especially the mint chocolate chip.

It was fun trying something new. Enjoy it for what it is (a nice sweet treat) not for what it is not (premimum fully loaded ice cream).

Karen

ValentineNicole
09-04-2010, 08:06 PM
This stuff is AMAZING! I bought 4 pints today, just to try it out. It definitely didn't fail me! I'll be keeping an eye out to see if it ever goes on sale at my Whole Foods. $4.50 is a little expensive, but I'll probably continue to get it to satisfy my cravings.

punkrprincessa
09-07-2010, 02:50 AM
Just ate an entire pint!

Thighs Be Gone
09-09-2010, 12:41 AM
ate 1/2 pint of the mint choc chip tonight..yummy...

has anyone tried the coffee flavor? just saw it the other day and am kicking myself for not buying it..

paying 4.49 here

punkrprincessa
09-09-2010, 02:24 AM
I want the pumpkin!
Eating a pint of choc pb. Its okay. I liked vanilla maple better!

Thighs Be Gone
09-09-2010, 09:35 AM
HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH??

I did NOT know they made pumpkin! OMGoodness!

punkrprincessa
09-11-2010, 02:30 AM
I cant find pumpkin!

If you havent tried Arctic Zero dont. Ive eaten 3 pints this week. Its getting expensive.

Thighs Be Gone
09-11-2010, 01:34 PM
LOL! I know what you mean!

I am asking my Sprouts to order the Pumpkin.

spixiet
09-12-2010, 09:05 PM
i went to another whole foods near me (i'm so spoiled, there's about 4 within 20 miles) and they had chocolate peanut butter. When i first tried it, it was ok, it kinda taste like frozen chocolate peanut water. But i added strawberries and mixed it up and it was SOOO good. It felt so decadent but was less than 100 cals.. lol whoa.
Which Whole Foods stores have you been hitting? I'm in Fremont, so I have to drive a bit to reach Whole Foods...I really want to try this stuff though :)