Metabolic Research Center - Newbie

View Full Version : Newbie

MrsBreck
08-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Hi I am planning to start the MRC on Tuesday. I just want to know if it is really worth the money and if you can purchase the shakes (HNS) on line. Anyone on here from the Panama City area?

Thanks

Trying2008
08-09-2009, 05:14 PM
It is worth the money to me...if I stick to plan...otherwise if I cheat a little I am wasting time that I have paid for. Also, you can buy the protein shakes on diet direct.com...I prefer the concentrates(easier to mix)...I also only do the flax, multivitamin and mrc-6, I do not buy any other pills from them.

Karen1234
08-09-2009, 05:21 PM
It is worth the money to me...if I stick to plan...otherwise if I cheat a little I am wasting time that I have paid for. Also, you can buy the protein shakes on diet direct.com...I prefer the concentrates(easier to mix)...I also only do the flax, multivitamin and mrc-6, I do not buy any other pills from them.

Welcome Mrs. Breck,
Check out our August thread, this is where most of the chatting happens... Also I will bump up the thread about finding after market HNS and such, can save some $$ if you purchase from diet direct.com and other such sites as Trying2008 mentioned.
Good Luck!

shontai
08-15-2009, 06:00 PM
I JOINED TODAY!!!!! Yes, I'm very excited, but at the same time very scared. I'm excited, because I'm confident that the plan will work. But yet I'm nervous, because I've tried every trick in the book, only to give up. I found this site, search the internet for anything I could find out about MRC. So I plan on camping out here to find any info I can, and to get as much support as possible. Also looking at some of the profiles, and reading about the success everyone has had on the plan, keeps me motivated.:carrot:

cmb9697
08-15-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm new too. I was nervous about the program because I just wasn't finding much out there about MRC when I searched the internet. I sort of stumbled on this site by accident, but that turned out to be a blessing.

Fifties Lady
08-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Hello all new members....so glad to have you here. I am a newbie too, I started posting way before I joined...I wanted to learn all I could before making that big decision....so I just joined a week ago.

I too found this site when trying to google MRC...there is not very much info on their site about the plan, but the posters here were the best and full of great support, info and just good friends.

Today is my last day of my first full week OP, and it took some time getting use to it...all the measuring and reading over the menu a hundred times, trying to figure out what to eat and make it delicious!!! I think that is my biggest problem, I'm eating the same old things and need variety. I purchased all clear HNS's, so most of the recipes call for the bouillion or creamies, so I have to re-stock on Tuesday at WI so I will be sure to purchase those this time.

I am not taking any of thier pills, so I hope I will still have the same success as others by not going this route. I take my flax, multi vit and calcium pills, so I hope that is enough.

So welcome...ask lots of questions because you won't have to wait long in getting an answer...we are one big (and not so big) happy family here on 3FC's and you have all just stepped into the only thing good about being overweight is the posters here. Enjoy the company!!!!

leahruthie
08-15-2009, 10:37 PM
welcome! i started the same day fifties lady did, at the same center even. and we seem to be doing fantastic! :) i'm sure you'll do great.

msim
08-15-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm new too. I was nervous about the program because I just wasn't finding much out there about MRC when I searched the internet. I sort of stumbled on this site by accident, but that turned out to be a blessing.

I JOINED TODAY!!!!! Yes, I'm very excited, but at the same time very scared. I'm excited, because I'm confident that the plan will work. But yet I'm nervous, because I've tried every trick in the book, only to give up. I found this site, search the internet for anything I could find out about MRC. So I plan on camping out here to find any info I can, and to get as much support as possible. Also looking at some of the profiles, and reading about the success everyone has had on the plan, keeps me motivated.:carrot:

Hi I am planning to start the MRC on Tuesday. I just want to know if it is really worth the money and if you can purchase the shakes (HNS) on line. Anyone on here from the Panama City area?

Thanks

WooHoo Florida and welcome to MRC!!

I love this site and check often for the little boost I need.

I won't say that it is the easiest weight loss program, can be restrictive, but that is successful for me, coming from a person that ate rice, puffed rice, and unsweetened applesauce for 30 days to lose 30 pounds. And why I think this program is going to work for me in the long haul is the stabilization and maintenance. I can lose weight like I am getting paid to do it, but as soon as I get off a diet.....well I never knew what to do, but eat like I used to and that doesn't work.

I like the accountability of going for weigh-ins twice a week. I like the fact if you go missing the cneter will call and check on you. I can't say I have been hungry on this plan, munchies yes, but not actual hunger.

Good luck to you and make sure to report back with your success!!

Smileydd
08-15-2009, 10:59 PM

Thanks
it is worth the money if want to loose weight. You can buy the HNS drinks on several sights, I do

Fifties Lady
08-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Oh, how about the cabbage soup....you could eat all you wanted for many days in a row...could never get away from the stool long enough to eat another bowl. MRC is so much more sensible.

lmickley
08-16-2009, 09:26 AM

Thanks

Mrs.Breck, I go to the Shalimar (Fort Walton Beach, Destin) center. Good luck!:hug:

rip
08-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Is it worth it, yes, at least for me it is. I am much healthier and feel so much better and the pounds just keep coming off, some faster than others and occassionally one of those pesky pounds trys and succeeds to come back. As long as you are committed and ready for the plan it WILL work. It is expensive and that is why I try so hard (sometimes fail) to stay on the plan I want to stop spending the money.

My center has told me that once you get to stabalization it is very important to follow it and that is where most of their people go back to the 'old' habits. Just because you have lost all the weight does not mean you can go and eat whatever you want whenever you want, which face it that is why most of us are here in the first place.

Have said that I don't know much more about stabalization since I am not their yet. I will get to that thread when I am closer but I am trying to prepare for how I need to eat from now on.

Be ready and mindful of the plan and it will be worth every penny.

Good luck and welcome
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/flower02/lb/282/178/232/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Started MRC 5/9/09

shontai
08-16-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm on my first day of Pre-conditioning, and am curious to understand which supplements represent the following, which is listed on the Pre-Conditioning Menu & Shopping List:
Thermo 3?
CoQ103?
Oil? I'm assuming this is the flaxseed supplements I've been reading about

msim
08-16-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm on my first day of Pre-conditioning, and am curious to understand which supplements represent the following, which is listed on the Pre-Conditioning Menu & Shopping List:
Thermo 3?
CoQ103?
Oil? I'm assuming this is the flaxseed supplements I've been reading about

shontai
I pulled out my preconditioning stuff and I found what you are referencing on my food journal sheet.
Honestly I have no idea what Thermo is because I never took it. But I filled in numbers next to it, so I probably used it to keep track of the All Day Weight Loss. CoQ10 is antioxidant that helps to fight free radicals in the body, oil is for flax, 9 capsules of MRCs--I use actual oil from health food store as opposed to the capsules. When you go back for your food class, you will get a big packet of information and there is a page with all MRC supplements, what they do, and what they cost.

angelofsc
08-17-2009, 02:53 PM

Welcome aboard. Just want to say good luck on the plan.

angelofsc
08-17-2009, 02:57 PM

Welcome aboard and good luck on the program.

Rileysmom
08-17-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm new to this board, but have lurked for weeks now. I just noticed angelofsc that you had "meat lovers menu" on your list. Is that a joke, or is that a real menu?
I think I pay attention to what my consultants tell me, but it seems that I have also heard conflicting information. So, maybe I don't know about this "meat lovers menu" but it sounds good to me! I have to say though, that I'm loving the produce that's coming out of my garden, I can't get enough! So much better than from the store, and virtually free!

RonnieAdl
08-17-2009, 09:56 PM
I am on my first day of pre conditioning. I am kind of confused as to why eggs are in the protein column and also in another column of this menu and what does "free" mean next to some of the veggies.. My gal at the center wrote on the top of the veggie list 4oz cooked or 8 oz raw so I am kind of confused. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!

Ronnie

funshine
08-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Maybe different centers use different pre-conditioning menus? My pre-con menu (I've been on it 4 days) only has eggs listed in the protein column and nowhere else, and also all my veggies are unlimited right now; meaning I can eat them whenever I want and also have them as a snack. The items in the free column mean you can use them whenever you want.

RonnieAdl
08-18-2009, 12:04 AM
That is interesting.. I have 4 columns, proteins, starches, veggies, fruits and juices.. I guess I will ask them about this when I go in for my food class on Friday. This should be real interesting.. Thanks for the info..
Ronnie

Fifties Lady
08-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Maybe different centers use different pre-conditioning menus? My pre-con menu (I've been on it 4 days) only has eggs listed in the protein column and nowhere else, and also all my veggies are unlimited right now; meaning I can eat them whenever I want and also have them as a snack. The items in the free column mean you can use them whenever you want.

That is interesting.. I have 4 columns, proteins, starches, veggies, fruits and juices.. I guess I will ask them about this when I go in for my food class on Friday. This should be real interesting.. Thanks for the info..
Ronnie

I have no free columns....it must be the color of the menus....I wish I had unlimited veggies, because my tomatoes are coming in real fast right now and I can only have one large one....that's not enough for me. I asked, and was told that's all I could have. What color of menus do you have that gives you that option? :?:

RonnieAdl
08-18-2009, 12:36 AM
Fifties Lady, my preconditioning menu is just on plain white paper.. I wonder if it has to do with how we previously ate or what our starting weight is at or things like that? I told them I was a sweet eater and a late night eater due to the hours I work. So maybe it has something to do with that?? Don't really know, but I am a woman on a mission now.. ;)

Ronnie

Fifties Lady
08-18-2009, 12:42 AM
Fifties Lady, my preconditioning menu is just on plain white paper.. I wonder if it has to do with how we previously ate or what our starting weight is at or things like that? I told them I was a sweet eater and a late night eater due to the hours I work. So maybe it has something to do with that?? Don't really know, but I am a woman on a mission now.. ;)

Ronnie

Ronnie...my menu is white paper too....when everyone was talking colored menus, I thought maybe my center couldn't afford color paper...lol...

I was told until I am under 200 pounds, I will remain on this menu, so I was curious why I didn't have any freebies....or unlimited veggies, since I heard the other colored menus were very restrictive. I am a little confused on that. Maybe someone can shed some light on that question...:?:

GWE140
08-18-2009, 05:27 AM
Ronnie...my menu is white paper too....when everyone was talking colored menus, I thought maybe my center couldn't afford color paper...lol...

I was told until I am under 200 pounds, I will remain on this menu, so I was curious why I didn't have any freebies....or unlimited veggies, since I heard the other colored menus were very restrictive. I am a little confused on that. Maybe someone can shed some light on that question...:?:

Fifties Lady...the unlimited veggies etc are on the Preconditioning Menu...prior to going fully on the plan. I went on the "white" preconditioning menu prior to beginning the full program...this is done to help with the withdrawal in a slower pace from sugars, carbs, caffeine etc. This is what my center told me...then depending on your starting weight you will begin with the yellow menu if you are under 200, for 1-4 days move to the Blue days 5-10 and finally to the green on day 11. For those that weigh over 200 typically the beige menu is given until under 200 is achieved, then the green menu is given. I know there are other menus that are more specialized for people with different challenges...hope this helps.

Lori123321
08-18-2009, 06:11 AM
I am on my first day of pre conditioning. I am kind of confused as to why eggs are in the protein column and also in another column of this menu and what does "free" mean next to some of the veggies.. My gal at the center wrote on the top of the veggie list 4oz cooked or 8 oz raw so I am kind of confused. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!

Ronnie

The eggs are in two lists so you could choose to have eggs and cheese or something else from the protein lists. The free means you can eat as much as you want, use them for snacks and such since their calories are so low. If you cook your veggies, you can have 4oz to make your portion and the 8 oz for raw. I think the free only pertains to uncooked veggies.

Rileysmom
08-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Does anyone have a food ledger that they have scanned into their computer to fill in on the computer, or have you made one that you use? I don't like the ones that MRC supplies. No room to put activity, or if I have a HNS between meals, I'd like to keep track of that. Please PM me if you have something.

kbmastiffs
08-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Hello everyone, I also have just start preconditioning day2. I was also told the 4 columns of food to choose from are to get you ready for the program and to lessen side effects from coming off carbs and caffeine. I also am hoping this works. Ive tried everything else.

angelofsc
08-19-2009, 03:30 PM
I'm new to this board, but have lurked for weeks now. I just noticed angelofsc that you had "meat lovers menu" on your list. Is that a joke, or is that a real menu?
I think I pay attention to what my consultants tell me, but it seems that I have also heard conflicting information. So, maybe I don't know about this "meat lovers menu" but it sounds good to me! I have to say though, that I'm loving the produce that's coming out of my garden, I can't get enough! So much better than from the store, and virtually free!

No it's not a joke. I am actually on a menu thats called the meat lover's menu. For the first two weeks of the program you elimate all fruits and carbs. And you have a half of serving of vegetables for breakfast. You don't have to measure your proteins at all. Starting week three you add a fruit for lunch, and starting week 4 you can add a carb. Every week after week 4 you can add another carb. On this plan the HNS are optional. So far I don't have no complaints about this plan because I love meat and was upset when I was only allowed 4 ounces of it. Well if you have any futher questions please let me know.

Karen1234
08-19-2009, 05:31 PM

Fifties Lady... your menu should be beige/grey in color though they call it beige. The white menu you did for preconditioning varies from place to place. I did not have a real menu, only a piece of paper that said to avoid carbs, eat more vegs, lower then eliminate caffeine use, avoid sugar, drink water, start supplements. That's all, no real lists of food. Maybe the center ran out of beige paper for your beige menu? It's a mystery to me :0) Have a great evening!!

lmickley
08-19-2009, 05:35 PM
No it's not a joke. I am actually on a menu thats called the meat lover's menu. For the first two weeks of the program you elimate all fruits and carbs. And you have a half of serving of vegetables for breakfast. You don't have to measure your proteins at all. Starting week three you add a fruit for lunch, and starting week 4 you can add a carb. Every week after week 4 you can add another carb. On this plan the HNS are optional. So far I don't have no complaints about this plan because I love meat and was upset when I was only allowed 4 ounces of it. Well if you have any futher questions please let me know.

WOW! I had no idea they had a meat lovers menu! Why did they put you on this menu?

angelofsc
08-20-2009, 02:31 PM
WOW! I had no idea they had a meat lovers menu! Why did they put you on this menu?

I was placed on this menu because after I hit that plateau my weight lose was really slow. It was .5 here and there. I weighed in almost a month ago at 2.5 lbs away from the 20 lbs board. And currenly I am still .5 lbs away from it now. I weigh in today so hopefully I will make it today. Please wish me luck.

noahsmama
08-20-2009, 03:09 PM
I was placed on this menu because after I hit that plateau my weight lose was really slow. It was .5 here and there. I weighed in almost a month ago at 2.5 lbs away from the 20 lbs board. And currenly I am still .5 lbs away from it now. I weigh in today so hopefully I will make it today. Please wish me luck.

Wow, you sound like me! I, too, haven't heard of that menu but it sounds delicious as I've always been a meat person :) I'm afraid to ask the center because they'll ask me where I heard about it. From what I've gathered they don't like us mentioning this site to them..hrm wonder why? :)

lmickley
08-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Wow, you sound like me! I, too, haven't heard of that menu but it sounds delicious as I've always been a meat person :) I'm afraid to ask the center because they'll ask me where I heard about it. From what I've gathered they don't like us mentioning this site to them..hrm wonder why? :)

I think I might like that menu as well. Just tell them an "old friend" told you about it. :D