Old 08-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default More or less ramblings!

The last week has been a struggle for me emotionally! Hubby and I had some problems the last few days, the first time in 12 years together that we've had a real bump and it hurt a lot. I can understand now why divorce women seem to lose so much weight, I had no urge to eat yesterday and only ate when my stomache was really grumbling. I ate one meal yesterday pretty much and we were at a family picnic upriver.

Last night I finally came out of it, so to speak. I went for a walk to clear my head and plugged in the ipod, sappy love songs kept coming up on the shuffle and then finally some good ol' 80's rock'n'roll. I moved out to the backyard and danced my little heart out and my tummy was grumbling again so I went to the green house and ate a bunch of my ripe small tomatoes and they were the best ever!

I think part of it was that I was afraid to eat or I'd never stop eating and I almost posted here to ask for advice but we had to go. We went for a long walk at our picnic with my brother, uncle, his two oldest and my two oldest. It was beautiful countryside and I was content though still down.

I was at the grocery store this morning and saw my reflection in the cooler, what I saw was a tall slim woman, it was not the real me but it made me imagine what I could look like. It must be a magic glass or something!

Right now I'm headed out for a bike ride with the kids but thought I would check in and let y'all know I'm good and on track and making everyday count and better than the last.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #2  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Good job! and sorry to hear about the probs with your husband and I hope it all has been/gets smoothed out. *hugs*
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:44 PM   #3  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Sorry to hear about the problems with your husband but it sounds like you handled the food and exercise part great! I think that learning to handle difficult times without turning to food, is a big part of our journey. Since you handled this, you can handle anything! Way to go!

time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #4  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Good for you. Challenges with spouses are so, well, challenging. Glad you didn't use food to help you cope. Major NSV!!

Hope things look up soon.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
Sorry to hear about the problems with your husband but it sounds like you handled the food and exercise part great! I think that learning to handle difficult times without turning to food, is a big part of our journey. Since you handled this, you can handle anything! Way to go!

So very true!

Keep your head up and keep chugging along
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #6  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

ditto what time2lose says.

(note to self: delete sappy love songs from iPod!)
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I'm sticking to rock'n'roll right now! Things are well, we are fine or will be, we get each other, so we'll be fine. It will take time to get back to where we were, sorry I just can't bring myself to go into detail right now.

But I'm so proud of all that I've accomplished the last week. Sticking to exercising everyday (just walking or biking right now) and though still not back to counting calories, I'm watching what I put in my body and not overdoing it. I have to control something right now and this is it!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:12 PM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Girl... you are in the 280's!!!!!!! That rocks! Good job my friend!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #9  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

sometimes when stuff like that comes up, it's so stressful and feels like it will go on forever, you know, it's like you have a hard time thinking you can resolve it and in a few days things will be brighter.

congrats on keeping it together, it's not always so easy.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #10  

1 for each of you.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote