Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #1  

Default Hello from me too

Hi folks,

I just stumbled on your site and it looks amazing! So many resources to get me started.

First a short history of me. I’m about 5’2 and - through yo-yo dieting and a bit of this and that happening in my life - have slowly been growing in size. I’m now just a few inches shy of 200 lbs. I would be thrilled to be around 150 – I don’t expect to ever be super skinny, but my current size on my frame is just unhealthy. I am approaching 40 and the weight is not dropping easily…basically I am looking for advice on how to approach dieting at this point.

I have tried many diets in the past and I’ve found that I’m good at following a fixed plan. A plan that loosely defines what I should eat usually ends in failure. I also have two very young kids and both my husband and I work outside of the home, so lots of preparation of diet foods on top of what the rest of my family eats does not work well for me. My time is spent with my kids until 8:30 at night, then I madly do what needs doing before I go to bed by 10. I try to exercise maybe 3 days a week, but it doesn’t always happen. I’ve tried spending my wee bit of free time every night preparing healthy snacks and meals for me for the next day, but I find I can’t sustain that over the long term. For this reason, I’m thinking that delivered foods would be a great option for me. I don’t have a lot of money to spend though (did I mention the kids?) and from what I can tell the cheaper options offer pretty tasteless food. I’d love suggestions about an affordable plan that would work for me. I also live in Canada, but in Toronto where most things are available. Ideally I would get lunch and dinner only delivered, as I am pretty good at healthy breakfasts and snacks. I tend to go overboard at meals and especially in the evenings.

I am a bit concerned that getting delivered foods is a ‘diet-for-life’. Does anyone have experience going off delivered foods and maintaining weight-loss?

I hope to spend several evenings on this site getting ideas and reading about everyone's experiences. Any advice is always appreciated if anyone has ideas for me! Thanks and I look forward to getting to know you all better.

- Joanna
joma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Joanna and welcome to 3FC!

I have no experience with the delivery services but we do have a section here for those that use the services, you can check it out here - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diet...craig-etc-194/

Good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle

Last edited by Onederchic; 08-08-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello from a fellow Canadian.. good luck on your journey. I am not sure about the delivery system. I have friends who swear by it and some who said it just wasn't real.... I guess you would have to try and see for yourself. I believe some of them have a months trial period.. it might be worth looking into these!

Donna
DonnaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #4  

Thank you for the welcome Michelle!

I had a look at your progress photos - you have acheived an amazing change in a year! I am completely impressed! Is your story posted somewhere on the site for me to read? I'm sure it would be a great inspiration.
joma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Thank you so much!

My story, as is, is posted here - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...y-journey.html
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #6  
Robyn

S/C/G: 197/197/150

Height: 5'8

I have no words of advice, but welcome! Hope you are able to find the support you need here!
Robsiew is offline   Reply With Quote