100 lb. Club - A Big "Thank You" To RockinRobin and to the 3fc 100+ lb to lose community!

lottie63
08-08-2009, 05:38 PM
A big thank you to rockinrobin for sticking around this forum even though she's no longer struggling with 100+ lbs to lose and is "happily maintaining" hehe!

I will definitely stay in this forum once I'm where I need to be, because it is a totally difference struggle, coming from a place of morbid obesity than for those who have lost 20-30 lbs and maintained (although congrats to them too!), in my opinion. The relationship with food is just....different I think.

I think it's really important robin,the things you have to say here, and you are a huge inspiration and are coming from a place of intimate knowledge with the struggle that we are all still (for the most part) fighting every day.

Thank you for sharing that knowledge with us!

and a big thank you to ALL the ladies, who have lost, are just starting out on their journeys, etc, who get up every day and come here to give and get support, WE keep each other in line and motivated and we are all making our way through this journey the best way we know how and teaching others who have yet to begin...or begin...again! We will do this, because we have each other.

Thanks to all the lovely ladies and gents here!

Elladorine
08-08-2009, 05:44 PM
:hug:

cfmama
08-08-2009, 05:51 PM
I just popped in (still on vacation) and this is the first thing I saw. I TOTALLY AGREE with you Lottie that RockinRobin is teh ROXXORZ!!!! and she should stay around forever. And a day.

Love you both!!!

dragonwoman64
08-08-2009, 05:55 PM
count me in on that cheerleading team. rr's posts have popped into my head on more than one occasion when I've come close to eating something that wasn't the best choice.

Bonnie+J
08-08-2009, 06:09 PM
i've only been here a short time and rockinrobins posts have not only inspired me but spoken the sense i really need to hear. and i appreciate that so much.

i totally agree with you lottie, that its a huge difference for someone to battle with morbid obesity and trying to get heatlhy than someone who lost 20-30lbs. while its the same journey, the struggles and the issues are very different. not to say that they dont deserve a huge kudos, just that things are different when you have alot to lose.

CJZee
08-08-2009, 06:54 PM
It might surprise Rockinrobin to know she's my companion, that little voice in my head when I want to go to Taco Bell that says "you don't eat that kind of stuff anymore". She's tough love personified, with a beautiful heart. She's shared so much of herself and how she made it, it makes me feel like I can make it too.

I know she takes a lot of time and energy to participate on this forum, repeating herself umpteen times for every newbie that reaches out. But I'm so glad she does, and I hope she realizes how important she is.

harrismm
08-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Yep.Shes awesome.Love to hear from people who have walked the walk.

rockinrobin
08-08-2009, 09:11 PM
:o:o:o

Oh my goodness. I am blushing. This is so kind of you. These words mean so much to me, you simply can not imagine. I appreciate them greatly. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I am humbled.

I should say though, that I would like to thank YOU. I am grateful that I am still welcome here, because in all honesty, I still need this place. Very. Very. Much. I need each and every one of you. I am more then aware of those "statistics" that say that I should have gained back the weight plus some. But as you all know, I am determined and committed to not let that happen. And every day that I'm here, with each post that I write (& read), each time I try to pass on what I've learned in the hopes of maybe, just maybe helping someone else get closer to their dreams, I am helping myself as well. I need to keep my weight, my health, forefront on my mind. And being here helps me immensely in doing so. And again, I thank you all.

This place is amazing. We've got some long time maintainers here, always ready and willing to help out. As well as everyone else in all different stages of their journeys. Each and everyone brings something to the table. Each and everyone is a valuable contributor and member.

So no, I won't be going any where, any time soon. You're all stuck with me. I know a good thing when I "see it" and from what I've been seeing, it just doesn't get much better then this.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Pita09
08-08-2009, 09:19 PM
I agree that having the wisdom and encouragement from Rockin Robin and the other wonderful moderators, as well as members like Lori Bell, Cfmama, Onederchick, RomanceDiva, Matt, and dragonwoman64, just to name a few who have been such a huge inspiration. It makes me so determine to get this weight off and join the ranks with so many awesome people who have reached their goals, or are continuing the fight to get there. Thanks to you all!! :hug:

Onederchic
08-08-2009, 09:40 PM
I did my own thank you post a few days back but I will say it again here - thanks to each and every person who gives never ending support and helpful advice here on the forums.

Pita09 - Thanks for the mention, it means a lot. You rock! :hug::hug:

starfishkitty
08-08-2009, 10:11 PM
I totally agree.... I didn't start coming into the 100+ club area until recently, but ever since I have I totally have felt that this is my "home" at 3FC. Love you guys! :)

Onederchic
08-08-2009, 10:20 PM
We ♥ you too, Amanda :hug:

Buttercup
08-08-2009, 11:17 PM
:carrot:YES, let me also tip my hat to RR and all the people who help and inspire me! I like how RR tells you like it is and puts so much wisdom in her encouragement! Thank all of you! It is nice to know I am not alone in this fight!!! :hug:

time2lose
08-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Sign my name to that post too! Robin and Lori show us that we CAN do this. So many others have also been a huge help. I know that 3fc has made a big difference to me.

momof5k
08-09-2009, 12:08 AM
I agree many times over with all that has been said. I am relatively new here but appreciate all the sharing and support from so many of you.

I am so glad I found you all :)

Onederchic
08-09-2009, 12:25 AM
And we're glad to have you as well, momof5k :hug:

Thighs Be Gone
08-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Yes, RR, thank you! You are always such an inspiration to me personally. You have taught me so much as has 3FC. I look forward to your posts and always am sure to read them carefully. Thank you!

waquilter
08-09-2009, 03:30 AM
I agree with starfishkitty - this feels like home, with the people here understanding what you're going through. You're all great and very inspiring.

Rosinante
08-09-2009, 05:31 AM
Add my thanks too, both to those who've made it across the Maintenance finishing line and to those who, like me, are still in process. This board really keeps me on the straight and getting narrower!

Lori Bell
08-09-2009, 10:39 AM
RockinRobin Rocks. She is a :queen: in my openion!!! She has helped me out emotionally more times than I can count. Like many of you, I always make a special point to read her posts...and learn from them.

Judy Lynn
08-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks to RR (who does ROCK!) and all the amazing successful maintainers and weight-loss superstars who contribute here and keep us motivated. :hug:

I think everyone here has something beneficial to contribute and I am so thankful to be part of this community. :grouphug:

dragonwoman64
08-09-2009, 12:35 PM
gersh! thanks, Pita for including me.

very cool we have this forum.

valpal23
08-09-2009, 12:43 PM
there are so many posters on 3fc that are wonderful examples to me and I'm so grateful for everything. I agree with Robin - I'm going to need this place for a long time!

TJFitnessDiva
08-09-2009, 01:17 PM
This is the most supportive, butt kicking forum I have ever been a part of. Everyone doesn't have that "holier than thou" attitude that I've seen in other WL sites :)

RR and many others on here have shown me this WL thing can be done! Whether you have been a long time member or brand new it's great to see all the different perspectives.

Pita thanks for mentioning me! *blush* My stomach did a little flip when I read my name :lol:

better health3
08-10-2009, 09:00 PM
RR is the voice in my head that I want to have...too bad she doesn't write a book. I would have it highlighted and well worn...

It was her posts that told me my negative voice was wrong about me and that I can do this. I love her stop treating yourself like a second class citizen...so true. I quit and came back because of you. Thank you. Sincerely.

rockinrobin
08-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Thank you once again all of you terrific people. I am touched and gladdened beyond belief. I really don't know what to say, how I can possibly express the gratitude I feel for all the incredibly kind and generous words.

I would also like to mention just how grateful I am to have somewhere to talk about "all this stuff", because I sure as heck can't do it in my non-internet life. That would be out of the question!

This is an incredible community. The only one where each and every one here knows just what the other is going through for the most part. We've all experienced so many of the same exact things and many very similar experiences. That's something that just doesn't occur here at home. And I am so immensely grateful to be a part of it. I know for sure, 1000% what a huge boon this is to my ongoing weight loss journey.

Let's all just keep on keeping on. One step at a time........ :)

momof5k
08-10-2009, 10:13 PM
I would also like to mention just how grateful I am to have somewhere to talk about "all this stuff", because I sure as heck can't do it in my non-internet life. That would be out of the question!

Ditto to that. There is really no one in my "real" life that knows everything that is going on for me but here, I feel like I can "let it all hang out" so to speak and say what I want to say, feel what I want to feel.... Thank goodness!

This is an incredible community. The only one where each and every one here knows just what the other is going through for the most part. We've all experienced so many of the same exact things and many very similar experiences. That's something that just doesn't occur here at home. And I am so immensely grateful to be a part of it.

Again, words right out of my mouth. I feel such graitude for this space where other people "get me" and give credit to many of you for my continuing journey. :hug:

Let's all just keep on keeping on. One step at a time........ :) Thank you rockinrobin and all you wonderful chicks!!

DCHound
08-10-2009, 11:01 PM
I really like the fact that, on many threads, all I have to post is WHAT ROBIN SAID and be done with it! :D

CountingDown
08-10-2009, 11:31 PM
I really like the fact that, on many threads, all I have to post is WHAT ROBIN SAID and be done with it! :D

:lol: Me too!

SnowboundChick
08-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Adding my sentiments too! Ever since my first return post back in November and Robin's reply, I've keep that Commitment in my head and every time I struggle I remember it! Thank you for being there for us, and to all the other wonderful posters who make this place a home for me and many others.