Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 10:56 PM   #1  
Getting back on track!

Default Night Owls #48

Hi Owls!

Where is everyone?

PJ-Sounds like you had a great day for yourself. Keep on having those girlfriend! We do need to plan an Owl get together. It has been way too long!

Hope everyone had a great 4th. My cookout went well. I put my back out again! and missed my friends wedding in Kentucky today. This was the first time I have been downstairs and I am hoping I can get back up the stairs next

I am off work tomorrow so I am going to get myself to the doc again.

Hope you all have a great week!

Setina
Old 07-08-2002, 11:10 PM   #2  
Getting back on track!

Ok I get it....the aliens came down and kidnapped all the Night Owls and I missed the spaceship! Figures!
Now I have to post to myself...Come out and play!

Have a great week!

Setina
Old 07-09-2002, 05:28 AM   #3  

It is too hot to play!

I'm back and totally worn out but got a lot done for my mom I feel (even though some family members think I am too bossy since I am not around all the time!) I think I finaly got through to some of them that mom needs some grooming help on a daily basis. This is the first time she did not know us or rember we had been there. I knew she was slipping form my phone conversations but she has gone down hill alot since Christmas.

Well...my pelvic pain was better for a while but it is back and the drs. office will not give me more antibiotics untill I see a urologist! Why should I pay to see another doc when I know the antibiotics will help..I guess I have no choice.. I really hurt. (they said the urine culture came back negative but it always does)!!!!!!!!! Argggh!

Pj..the meds nevered seemed to work for me...glad they do for you!
Old 07-09-2002, 08:46 PM   #4  
Getting back on track!

Hi Candice!
Glad you are back! Missed ya. I hate to hear about your mom. I am the same way about mine. I get so mad at my brother because he could do so much more. I live almost 7 hours away but still take care of her the best I can. Of course he only lives a mile. I talk to her more in a week than he does in a month I bet. Sorry about your back too. Hope you get the meds you need. I hate going to doctors. I had to go again Monday for my back.
Well, time for a bubble bath to wash this day away!
Have a great evening and hopefully the aliens will bring you other owls back home or at least let you post from the computer on the spaceship

Hugs
Setina
Old 07-10-2002, 07:53 AM   #5  

I have finally landed on earth after being taken away into space. And what a trip that was! I went up to New Jersey for 6 days and got back late Monday. I was worn out, but I was happy to see family. I haven't seen them in six months. Good news is, that my sister and her kids will be making a trip down here in August. Should be fun, plus, my other sister with her family will be coming for a visit from out west. This is gonna be a busy August. Jeff and I are going to California to visit his family. We are going to the San Fransisco area. Should be lots of fun.

Anyways, while I was in Jersey, I wasnt really on program, but I did watch what I ate. I didn't indulge and have a lot of food. Needless to say, I didnt weigh myself on Saturday because I didn't have my scale and I just didn't want to see that I gained anything. So Tuesday morning, jeff said to weigh myself just to see how much I had gained. Well whatta ya know....I weighed 5 lbs less then the week before. So the total now is 10lbs. I'm pretty pleased. So now, i'm ready to kick butt. I really want to lose a bit more before we go to California. I really need to start to go walking. Maybe we'll start tonite. I just have to get out there and do it. Nothing is holding me back....but oh wait..there is...tiredness. I'll just have to get over it.

Well, owls, I must get going. I have to leave for work. Hope you all have a great day.

Erica
Old 07-10-2002, 08:48 PM   #6  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Hi owls,

I am back too. We spent the weekend in northern VT at our last AAU tournament of the season. Then we had to bring our son to Boy Scout Camp.

Just wanted to let you know I went to weigh-in tonight and was only up 2.8lbs (after missing 5 weeks). I wasn't happy about the gain, but thought it could have been worse. So I am now officially on a 12 week refocus program. I bought a 12 week planner and have set a goal of 13.2lbs by the end of my twelve weeks. Would like to set the goal higher, but am keeping it reasonable. May tweak it as I go along (only a higher "tweak" of course).

Have to run. Hope you all have a nice week. We finally broke the humidity here (now the nights feel like early fall).

Sheri
13.2/0/week 1
Old 07-11-2002, 10:11 PM   #7  
Getting back on track!

Hi Everyone!

Well at least the aliens dropped you 2 off....maybe they will bring the others back slowly but surely

By the way-PJ Did the spaceship get you to? You were hanging here with me for a while.

Erica-Glad you had a nice and safe trip and congrats on the great loss! You go girl!

Sheri-that was not bad for being gone a while! I am with on refocusing. I can't even find my WW stuff. I am rejoining Saturday and I have to stick with it.

I better run, had a tough day and I have to prepare for a big conference call tomorrow morning.

TGIF

Hugs
Setina
Old 07-11-2002, 11:29 PM   #8  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default Hi Setina and Nightowls

...I've been lurking ..the aliens haven't gotten me...not yyet anyway. Just haven't had much to say.

Hope you all are doing well...PJ...I've been thinking about ya.

night
emmy
Old 07-12-2002, 06:35 AM   #9  

Morning Stretches and Posture with Tim

According to fitness trainer Tim Blanchfield, a regimen of stretches in the morning not only helps our bodies to feel their best, but can also effect marked improvements in our posture. He recommends integrating the following five stretches, in this order, into your daily routine. Remember, however, that everyone’s body is different, so be sure to check with your physician first before starting any new exercise regimen.

1. Extend your hamstring muscles by lying on your back with your legs straight out. Bring one knee up to a 90-degree angle, and stabilize it by grasping the back of the thigh with both hands. Slowly extend the leg toward the ceiling, holding it fully extended for 2 to 3 seconds and being careful not to flatten your lower back on the floor when your leg is raised. Repeat 10 times, and then switch legs.

2. To stretch your chest muscles, place your hands behind your neck while seated. Keeping your spine straight, bring your elbows forward as close to the front of your face as possible, then open your elbows again, pushing as far back as possible. Hold for 2 to 3 seconds, and repeat 10 to 12 times.

3. Stretch your back by reaching one arm up over your head and then back so that your hand is touching your shoulder. Keeping your elbow close to your head and your hand parallel to your spine, reach up with the opposite arm, and gently pull the elbow back.

4. Target your lower back and the muscles running along your spine by lying on your stomach with your arms and legs extended straight out. Lift your right arm and your left leg simultaneously, holding them 3 to 5 inches in the air for 2 to 3 seconds. Repeat with the opposite limbs. Perform 10 to 12 repetitions.

5. Concentrate on your upper-back muscles by lying on your back with your elbows at a 90-degree angle to your body and with your hands pointing up to the ceiling. Squeeze your shoulder blades together while gently pressing your elbows into the floor, and hold for 1 second. Repeat 10 to 15 times.

SPECIAL THANKS

Tim Blanchfield
Fitness trainer
212-879-3539

The pelvic pain is still here and it hurts to be with intimate!
Old 07-12-2002, 10:19 PM   #10  
Getting back on track!

Hi Owls!

Em-Glad to see you post. Please keep posting. I am trying to get back on track and it's hard, need all the encouragement I can get.

Candice-Thanks for the stretches. Hope that pain clears up soon. I know what you mean though. Since my back went out and keeps trying again it's all I can do to just get ready for work and come home and go to bed. I don't know if you have a big comfy tub, that's one thing I like about the new house, but I have been filling it with very warm almost hot water, epsom salt and my bubble bath, lighting a candle and turning on the radio and I do stretches in the water. It seems to be helping a lot.

What a day and I have training all next week. I have to go in tomorrow or it will be **** next week on my back up and worse for me when I get back in the office. I hope I can get done early enough because I want to rejoin WW. I think there is a Sunday class at another center but I don't want to go there and I really don't want to wait another week. Unfortunatley my job is a long distance from the center I go to so I can't just scoot over there.

Hope you owls have a great evening!

Hugs
Setina
Old 07-14-2002, 01:24 AM   #11  

Oh my.......................when I came in from the
garden yesterday I was at the sink washing my zuchinni and thought I
saw something move off to my right..so I looked and then I froze..and
then I kept saying oooooooooooo...oooooooooo..oooooooooo and then
yelled for DH...there was a SNAKE in my mouse trap and it was still
alive and slithering!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh......Dh said let me
kill it and I said no not in my kitchen so I used a yard stick to let
it coil around and put it in a box and took it outside where dh took
a shovel to it...It was not very big, about 18 inches long and a half
inch in diameter. I'm not sure what kind it was but I think it was
harmless...it had a square mouth and if I remember from my science
days it is the round ones that are poisnous. Anyway it creeped me
out..it is bad enough to find a mouse in the trap! ( I found one too
just around the corner from the snake, I think he wanted a quick
meal). Then today I heard the trap again and another mouse..I never
have mice come in in the summer and never a snake. I want to
move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

My dad was a scoutmaster and we had snakes as pets and lots of other
wild life..but I never did get used to them and I never will!
Old 07-14-2002, 01:26 AM   #12  

Well...we could have made snake soup I guess How many pts do think that is!
Old 07-14-2002, 11:20 AM   #13  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default Oh My GOODNESS Candice!!!

I would have DIED!! RIght then and there. I am petrified of snakes of ANY type. You sure are brave. Mykids tease me and say they want a snake for a pet...I say over my dead body...and I mean that literally!!

You are right Setina..we ALL need all the help we can get. I hope your back is better.This weight loss is so hard. Last night I grilled chicken and grilled zuchinni and vidalia onions..it was good!!!

I see from lurking that PJ is bouncing back from a difficult time...you hang in there PJ and I see that Brenda has had some problems as well. Hope you both are better.

Well I have been on vacation since July4th and I need to get packing..we go home today

Bye for now

emmy
Old 07-14-2002, 04:42 PM   #14  

Default Beam me up Scotty!!!

Well I just got back from my interplanetary adventure and boy is it good to be home, LOL!! Those aliens really freaked me out. Picked up a little Stardust on my way back though, you know me, can't pass up a bargain.

Well I re-joined ww AGAIN on Monday, it is just so embarassing to keep re-joining but I figure if I don't give up, someday I will make goal. I am only 14.2 #'s away from the top of my range, it seems so close but yet so far away. I am really struggling with my eating lately.

Today is Kayleen's 8th Birthday so I took the girls out to eat and then bowling, they had fun and I even bowled instead of my usual sitting and watching. So atleast I got in a little exercise. I went out with Steve Friday night on the bike, we basically just went house hopping, visiting friends. Then last night we went out to his ex-wife's campground in Barre and he worked on her golfcart while tina and I chatted. We had fun.

What is going on with PJ, catch me up someone. Is she allright? I went back through the last thread and didn't see anything but could have missed it.

Hi Setina, Emmy, Candice, Sheri, Erica and anyone else I missed. Talk to you soon

Brenda
Old 07-15-2002, 01:15 AM   #15  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hello everyone...

Remember the three kids I had staying with us? Well, they just left THIS MORNING! LOL........they were here for about 2 weeks but it was fun. They're good kids. Hey.....I'm really tired but after seeing Brenda's post...I didn't want you to worry.
I'm fine....a little pooped...but fine. Sleep well.
Hugs,
Closed Thread