South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 06:41 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chatting on The Beach

Good morning. It's foggy and a bit chilly here. I put on my velour robe because there is a hint of fall in the air. I guess it's just as well I didn't finish getting out the summer clothes.

Busy morning today with a bake sale in the next village, a car wash and BBQ and an ice cream sundae sale for the Church - all happening before 2 PM. There is also a "Show and Shine" event down at the park with old cars and a chicken BBQ at 5 with an Elvis Tribute. Be still my heart!

I am hoping to find some down time to spend with my dear Disney who is just not her usual confident self these days. All the construction fuss plus kennel visits has affected her. She also got stuck under the couch last night trying to get away from the smoke detector which was chirping to let me know the battery was croaking. Cuddles on the couch and a back massage are in order. (Wouldn't mind that myself, actually!)

Time to crank up the day.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning. I didn't get to bed until the wee hours of the morning, so why am I up so early??? Jake and I are the only ones up, and I don't hear a peep from the others yet. Even Carley is still sleeping, but we didn't pick her up from the sitter's until after 11, so she had a late night, too. The wedding was a blast, and, of course, our table was where all the fun was happening.
We're heading to Cracker Barrel for breakfast once everyone's up, and then it's more partying at my brother's for a BBQ and to watch the bride and groom open their wedding presents. I'm glad there'll be one more day left of the weekend tomorrow, as I think I'm going to need it!
Old 08-08-2009, 07:43 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!

Ruth, hope Disney feels more "confident" soon...she's had so many changes that must have affected her. On the other hand, I have a dog like that too who has lived with me since the minute she was born, has never experienced any kind of trauma and is still "scary". Guess it's just her nature.

Cottage, so glad the wedding was a success and that you get to enjoy more family time with the bride and groom. When my sister got married (both she and hubs were in their late 30's..first time for both) They had a small family wedding, but what they did was to rent and entire B and B and the both sides of the family stayed there for the weekend and the ceremony, dinner etc was there. It was so nice and family oriented!

Me...today I will just clean the house a little and be a bum the rest of the day. My husband got a new game I ordered for him and is so exited about starting it today. It's one of those "adventure" games that will probably take a year or so to complete. He loves those things. I like it cause I can watch "girl stuff" on tv without making him suffer through it. Had a wonderful time at the movies yesterday, then went out to eat at the greek restaurant, then out with a friend to our usual friday hang out. Was home by 10 for some reason....we were all kind of tired.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:08 AM   #4  

Good MOrning<

Sounds like you all have a pretty good plan for your weekend.

Ruth - Hope all of your activities are a big success.

Cottage - Enjoy your family time and I hope you get some good rest tomorrow.

Cat -Have a good day bumming around as I think you said school will be starting soon.

DH and I are going to his high school reunion tonight - I'm really not looking forward to it as there's no hope of me actually knowing anyone and we have company coming tomorrow. Guess I'll spend the day cleaning house and planning OP menus for tomorrow
Old 08-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning everyone! I'm sort of "back in action". I was pretty much in bed sick for the past two days minus a few short breaks to check into FB. If DH knew, he'd be so made.

Ruth: Sounds like you have a really busy morning-afternoon planned. I hope Disney recuperates from all the excitement soon. Give Disney a pat for us!

Cottage: I bet everyone is having a wonderful wedding weekend over your way! Hope tomorrow is set aside for rest and relaxation!!

Cat: My DH gets the same way with the adventure games. Sure does give me lots of relaxation time! Enjoy your day and I hope the cleaning is over with soon so you can bum around!!

Me: Jason is still sleeping, but he said he'd make me breakfast in bed today, so I guess I'll have to go back to bed in a bit. Once breakfast is over with, we're going to head out to do our Saturday-morning errands. Groceries, hardware store, gardening store and today, maybe even some clothes shopping.

Tonight, since I'm still on P1 (what kind of wacko schedules P1 for their birthday?!?!), we're having BBQ Chicken w/ pepper & onion saute and some grilled squash. It will be an enjoyable day!

Hope everyone to come is doing well!

ETA: Good morning, waquilter! I hope tonight isn't as bad as it sounds. Enjoy your company!!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 08-08-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIM!!!!!!
Hope you have a wonderful day. Breakfast in bed...oh, you Diva, you!
Milk it for all it's worth!
Old 08-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/178/140

Height: 5'1''

Cool

Happy Birthday Kim! I know how you feel, I started Phase 1 yesterday and I'll still be on it for my birthday and my DH's birthday - oh crazy me.

Sounds like everyone is having a great weekend. Just joined the group -

Ruth, your weather sounds nice - I think it's going to be blazing hot today.

Getting ready to do bills and run errands - see how much I can accomplish before the princess (who is 8 months old) wakes from her nap.

Hope you all enjoy your day!

Last edited by bbygrl1117; 08-08-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #8  

Happy BIrthday Kim! Enjoy that breakfast in bed.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 249/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

ARGH! 3rd time's a charm on this post, I hope!

Ruth, poor Disney - We have a 65# golden retriever mix who is terrified of the smoke alarm chirp, the dryer buzz, fireworks and thunder. I hope your Disney is back to normal soon.

Cottage, I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding, and today sounds just as nice!

Cat, when you're done cleaning over there, my place could use a little spit and polish... (I'm just sayin')

WAQuilter, you can still have fun at the reunion! I'm sure your DH's reactions to how people have changed will be entertaining.

Kim, I'm sorry you've been sick. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

bbygirl - Welcome!!!

Today I need to do a little cleaning around here, because I suspect Cat won't pick up on my gentle hint... I may drive down to visit with my parents later today. DH and DS are at an R/C swap meet this morning, so whether I go to my parents' will depend upon what time they get home.

Yesterday DH was off work, and we both had separate errands to take care of. He suggested we meet in town for lunch around 1, and wanted to go to the local Italian place. I figured I'd just have a salad. Well, by the time we got there, I was famished and their salads are all very basic, so I scoured the menu and really really wanted the chicken capellini with capers & white wine sauce. It is served over a bed of fresh pasta that I was afraid I would not be able to resist so instead I begrudgingly ordered the "grilled chicken and vegetables with olive oil." I won't lie - I was more than a little bit disappointed until I tasted it. Oh. My. Goodness! Those vegetables were divine! Artichokes, broccoli, peppers, onions, sauteed in olive oil with a touch of parmesan and the chicken breast was seasoned to perfection. It was so delicious, I want to go back today! LOL

Have a great day, everyone!

-Jasmine

Last edited by jrizzle; 08-08-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Kim, Happy Birthday!
I got in late last night from Huntsville. The week passed pretty quickly and I learned a few things at the conference, but spent most of my time renewing old connections and forging new ones. It's energizing to be able to spend time with the "gurus" in my field and I've got some fresh ideas I can apply to my work. Trying to get back to "normal" life today - shopping, planning meals, returning calls, opening mail, etc. I intend to take it pretty easy though. I got up early and hit the farmer's market first thing - veggies are the biggest challenge for me when I'm traveling, so I intend to stuff myself with veg all week to make up for it. My kids spent the night at their grandmother's house as I got in late, so I didn't even see them until just a little while ago. DH has weekend duty on the ship, so I'll see him Monday night.

Of course it was great to meet chelby and make her a friend IRL rather than a virtual friend! I'll post the picture on Monday, since I know she's away for the weekend.
Jasmine, cudoes for resisting temptation and staying on plan. Italian restaurants are not easy!
Hello, bbygrl, and welcome to the forum. Good luck with Ph1!
waquilter, you never know, you might end up having a great time at the reunion. I hope so anyway!
cat, glad to hear you enjoyed the movie. I definitely want to see that one - big Julia fan here. Yesterday I had a few hours to fill before my flight, so I went to see The Ugly Truth. It was entertaining, kind of meh, Katherine Heigl was very cute and I could watch Gerard Butler just stand and breathe for hours.
cottage, enjoy your full house!
Ruth, I envy your cool weather, looks like we are going to be having a heat wave around here the next few days - temps around 100. The weather in Huntsville was gorgeous, hot days, cool eves, low humidity. Hope Disney is back to herself soon!
Old 08-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #11  

Happy Birthday Kim!!

Hello everyone! It looks like everyone is still doing well. I enjoyed catching up on what's going on with all of you.

I'm still in Philly. I head back to California tomorrow. I'm loving Philly and am having a great time. I am pleased to say that I've stayed on plan. The Reading Terminal Market is my new best friend! I must find an equivalent back home.

A big thank you to all the great tips from all the Philly people here!
Old 08-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #12  

I hope you are having a Happy Birthday, Kim!
Old 08-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #13  

Happy birthday, Kim.

I feel like I haven't done much today. I did try a new restaurant for dinner and stopped by a club that was supposed to have live music and dancing but I saw no dancing and the music was not really my type so I came home a bit early.

Tomorrow night Brian comes home. I guess I better go grocery shopping to have some food in the house for him.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:09 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Beachies! It's just first light here. Do you think there's a chance I'll learn to sleep in on Sundays in another 70 years? It's not the dogs who wake me up but me!

After Church this morning I have to make pies. I tried to buy some ready-to-bake ones yesterday to give myself a break but they were made with that yucky tinned pie filling. Luckily I still have blueberries from last year and rhubarb from June in the freezer. Two male cousins will be here for early coffee tomorrow and will be expecting me to carry on the family tradition. (Never buy your grandparents' house when it's been out of the family 30 years!)

The village was really hopping yesterday with all the activities. The car wash and BBQ went well and the girl's soccer team is $$$ closer to their Sweden trip. We also made nearly another $K toward fixing the leaking Church roof. It's pretty sad when you have to cover the altar with a plastic sheet after service each week!

The dogs and I cancelled out on the afternoon stuff and spent the afternoon out on the deck with iced tea and the newspapers. It was most relaxing and Disney seemed much more mellow by suppertime. It's a good thing they go to the kennel for a day or two tomorrow as it will be another noisy and stressful day as the big machine arrives again to backfill the foundation.

Today I plan another peaceful afternoon - reading, sewing and dog cuddles!
Old 08-09-2009, 07:32 AM   #15  

I've been awake for a while, but I was just laying in bed listening to the rain. I slept like a rock last night and am hoping for a nice, lazy day today.
Closed Thread