WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 08-05-2009, 09:44 PM   #1  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Post Do i have to use all my daily points?

So I've been doing the WW point system...just at home, a friend had the materials lying around so I borrowed them...and I'm finding that some days I don't feel hungry enough to eat all 28 of the points I'm supposed to be eating a day. Am I supposed to stuff myself to get to 28 points? or is it okay if some days I fall between 19-24?
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

It won't ruin you to occasionally fall under your daily points. But you want to eat your points the vast majority of the time. Now activity points and the 35 weekly points you are completely free to skip
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #3  

You are probably eating too many no-fat, low-fat, sugar-free products. If you can't eat all your daily points change some to the real thing. The few points you eat now, the fewer you have to maintain on.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #4  
I dream of thinness

S/C/G: 257lbs 18 stone

Height: 5'4

I'm wondering the same thing - I'm off to my second meeting tonight so I think I'll ask! Also does anyone know if the point system in the UK and the States is the same ?
100lbs to loose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #5  
GmaTo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
The few points you eat now, the fewer you have to maintain on.
So true!

Also, make sure you're following the Healthy Guidelines every day. These include 5 servings a day of fruits and vegetables, 2 servings a day of dairy, 48 oz. of water, 2 tsp. healthy oil, 1-2 servings of lean protein, etc.

Last edited by Jane; 08-27-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 183.4/169/130

Height: 5'2

You should be eating all or close to the 28 points a day because when you lose 10 pounds and you start eating less points you won't lose any weight because your body has already been use to eating less to begin with. I hope that makes sense.
Kristyn791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #7  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Along with what Kristyn791 said, part of the points is based on calories. There is a certain level of calories your body needs to function appropriately: the heavier you are, the more calories you need, which is why heavier people are given more daily points. While it might seem like you'll lose more weight if you eat less, in fact it could have the opposite effect. It can slow down your metabolism and your body will start storing fat because it's not getting enough calories.

I have the same problem, with my daily points at 34, which can be a lot of food, and some days I struggle with it. But I try as hard as I can to eat 34, or as close to it as I can. The lowest I'll go is 32, but then the next day I'll use some of my weekly points to go above 34 for that day so it kind of balances out.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/150/132

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineFidelity View Post
So I've been doing the WW point system...just at home, a friend had the materials lying around so I borrowed them...and I'm finding that some days I don't feel hungry enough to eat all 28 of the points I'm supposed to be eating a day. Am I supposed to stuff myself to get to 28 points? or is it okay if some days I fall between 19-24?
Are you sure you're counting your points accurately? Are you eating a lot of 0 point foods that don't contribute to your daily total?

The only reason I ask is your calorie range would be between 950 and 1200 calories in that range of points....I can't imagine being "full" on 950 calories a day lol!!
NinaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/243.8/160 (High of 410)

Height: 5'7"

I don't think it really matter if it's just once in a while; however if it's a daily issue then maybe you should look at what you're eating. If you're consuming a lot of fat free products, try the regular stuff.
Babette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 231.4/224.0/155

Height: 5'6"

I just joined WW and I have 28 points for the day. I find it really hard to eat all those points during a day. I ate pretty much the same before I started WW but now I'm eating more which I'm finding the most difficult part of the diet. Does this diet work for everyone, cause I'm scared I'm going to gain.......

Last edited by dunld; 10-16-2009 at 08:16 PM.
dunld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #11  

Weight Watchers in NOT a diet. It is a lifestyle change to a healthy weight. Its very easy to use your points if you eat real food and not fat free and low calorie foods. If you are eating the same as you did before WW, you might look at making some changes since those food choices got you to WW.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:24 PM   #12  
fat burner

S/C/G: 178/159.8/135

Height: 5'2

I've been on weight watchers 3 times. The first time, I cut my points and lost weight super quickly because I just wasn't eating enough. As the weight came off and my points dropped I found myself starving because I was constantly having to eat below my points to keep losing. Bad bad Idea!

I've realized that WW is about HEALTHY eating. It's about eating well, eating enough and staying healthy while losing extra weight. I really don't think WW is the way to go for someone to lose weight quickly. It's definitely a lifestyle change that needs adjusting to. (for me anyway)

All this to say, I don't recommend you eat less than your daily pts. It's not healthy and also it may eventually stall your progress!

Best of luck!
LaurieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'4"

I get 28 points a day too, soon to be 27. The last 5 times I was on WW I frequently went over my points. I never thought it was enough food and my weight loss was sooo slow because I would go over by like 10 points a day.

This time, I decided to experiment and rearrange the way I spread out my points and now I am finding that I normall do not need all my points. I have been falling UNDER now by 2-3 points a day. I know I need to eat them so what I do now is to just eat normal versions of food, just less of it and not so much low fat or "diet" foods. I think that many of them are good, good for you and totally helpful, but to become reliant on them for all meals is just not reality. They won't help in the long run. I had a nice cheeseburger tonight with regular swiss cheese. I had it on a sandwhich thin instead of a burger roll and I weighed out my patty until I knew it would be 3 points. So I spent 6 points on the burger, a real burger and added some vegetables on the side. Now I am going to have some regular pudding and regular cool whip for dessert.

I don't want to live in diet food forever so I am learning to eat normal portions of regular food, I am using all my points and still losing weight.
micasa2grls is offline   Reply With Quote