Old 08-05-2009, 12:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Default Question about fullness

Recently I've been snacking less because I have class, and mainly just eating brekfast, lunch, dinner. But I've also noticed I've started to feel FULL at these meals. Not full like in pain, but just a mild sensation of fullness.
Now my question is this - they say never to eat until you are full, but does this include if you are not snacking? Because I ate about 500 calories for lunch today - small bowl of chowder and small carton of yogurt w/ one kiwi and 6 strawberries in it. I started feeling a sensation of fullness about halfway through eating the yogurt (so I'd consumed about 350 calories at that point). Does that mean 350 calories is too much for me? =( I know it's not good to eat when you're full, but without snacking, 350 calories doesn't seem like much for one meal. I could have eaten 250 calories at one time and eaten another 250 a few hours later and I wouldn't have felt this sensation at ALL, but eating all 500 at once produced fullness in me. I just remember hearing many times you should walk away from a meal feeling NOTHING and if you feel anything you ate too much.
@_@
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I think there's a lot of personal variability. No one needs to be getting stuffed. But some like to feel just full and snack less. And others are happier eating less and feeling less full. There is no right and wrong here. And I wouldn't expect some precise number of calories to always fill you up or not. Appetite and satiety vary for so many reasons on a daily basis. I think maybe you're trying to put too fine a point on it.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

I eat until I am full and I snack less. I am much happier that way and not nearly as hungry or obsessing about food as much!

Candice
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:09 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

If you are full STUFFED then I'd say eat a bit less- but if you are like yes I'm full and my tummy is happy- then I'd say you are fine- I like to eat till I feel full but not stuffed
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote