Old 08-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #1  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Smile Thursday Chatters for the month of August!

Hi Ladies! I thought I'd get us started! Can you believe that it is August 5 already!!!! I will be doing school shopping for the last time this year! My baby is going to be a senior!!! Anyone else have to school shop?

Well heres to a great month! Everyone stay positive and healthy!

Drink lots of water and shake those booties!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:39 PM   #2  
Thursday Lady

Jeanne, Thank you, thank you , thank you for starting us off this month. No, I can't believe it's already August! Wow, your baby is a senior. That's unreal. Enjoy every moment of this year. Is she planning on college? If so, it'll be a busy time, getting scholarships.

Tammy, how are you? Are you doing Zumba?
Susan, are you rested up yet? I'll bet your kitties were happy you were home.
Sis, I hope this week is "calmer" for you.
Dori, how are things with you?
Maureen, how's the kitty? Have you found a condo?

We have a new grocery store near me. It's more of a specialty store. Susan, it's an HEB like a Central Market.
Today was grand opening and I went to look at everything.
Who likes fish? Their seafood dept. was to die for!
Everyone stay OP.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #3  

Susan, glad you will have someone to help you out at school. Can't believe you'll be back there soon. No fair!

Tina, keeping fingers crossed that you get your house sold. I want to come and look at the seafood dept! Bob was the seafood manager at Wal Mart when he worked there.

Jeanne, no school shopping here except for tuition! Ha. Tim is a senior too!

Next week is the end of the summer session at the Y. The fall session doesn't start until after Labor Day, so I'm going to have to do things on my own. I'm not good at that sometimes. I am glad that it is coming to the end though. Doing pilates and zumba back-to-back wasn't the smartest idea. I'm just worn out. I know another woman feels the same way. She, the instructor, and I are the only ones doing both classes. The instructor is in her 30's, I'm 54, and the other woman is 62 I think. When I sign up for classes in the fall, I plan to spread them out a bit.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Nothing much going on around here. Our realtor is trying to think of ways to get people's attention to the property.

It's hot, hot, hot! I try to do things in the mornings and stay indoors after noon. I don't have much energy.
I did walk on my treadmill for 30 min. yesterday. Yea!

How is everyone???
Old 08-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #5  

Any body checking out your house this weekend? It is hot here today, but nothing like what you have. It is finally in the 90's after so many days this summer of 60's and 70's. I know the teachers are dreading the start of school because they know it will end up being super hot then.

Good for you for walking on the treadmill!!

This is the last week of classes, so I'll have to be heading to the Y on my own to do the cardio room and walk. I'm not good at doing things on my own.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:03 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

No one has been to see the house for almost a week now. The realtor/broker goes to her broker meeting on Wednesday. She's going to "promote" our property. I found a house being built in our neighborhood. I was amazed! I wrote down the contractors name and address and sent it to the realtor. NO one is buying right now.

I can't believe you have had so much cool weather.
Good luck going to the gym alone. I can't wait to get off this blood thinner so I can go to Zumba or something like that. I've just got to be so careful right now. And, not to mention, that this stuff makes me tired all the time. The dr. said just "to live with it."

Hope everyone is doing okay.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #7  

Tina, I know there are several homes in our area for sale. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

The cool weather has really been weird this summer. Saved on AC though! I don't remember a summer when I wore jeans and sweatshirts as much as I have.

When will you be able to get off of the blood thinner? I know you miss being able to do things. The new YMCA program schedule is out, and I was browsing and writing down what I want to take this fall.
So far this is what I want: Aerobics M-W-F from 9-10am ; Zumba T-Th 7-8pm; and I'm thinking maybe water aerobics on M at 6:30 pm, but I'm not sure about that one. It's also on Wed, but I have my First Place class that night. Not sure how many nights I want to be busy. lol

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Morning all,
I'm on the blood thinner until at least November 3rd. It's a six-month regimen.
Eons ago I promised to send my pineapple salsa recipe. Guess what! Now I can't find it. I can't find anything in this house anymore
I hope you all are okay. No one is posting much nowadays, including me.

When does school start for all you teachers, and mothers?
Maureen, how is your weather? Have you been having the hot spell that we have up north?

Everyone have a great OP day.

Last edited by Tina; 08-11-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #9  
jeanne

Morning everyone! I'm off today! Thank goodness! I'm really tired and I don't know why!!! I slept 12 hours last night! hmmmm?!?!?!

Actually I do think I know why.........I have some breathing issues. I have been coughing since November. I have been doctoring and she is finally sending me for a Pulomonary Breathing Test. I go on the 8th! I think it is really holding me back! urgh!

Tina - I know they say its a buyers market out there, but.......... I think people are afraid to buy! Jobs, economy, health care, and so much more are contributing factors. I reallllllllly hope you get someone soon though! I'll keep my fingers crossed! I'd love a low maintence condo too!!!

Tammy - You are staying busy! Good for you! Just the other day I said I have NEVER washed so many hoodies in July........EVER!

Well, the laundry and dusting is calling my name!!!
Have a great day girls!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #10  

Tina, I didn't realize you had to be on the blood thinner that long. LOL to the pineapple salsa!

Jeanne, it sounds like you needed that sleep! Glad you had a day off. Funny about washing the hoodies! It has been ridiculously (is that a word?) cold/cool this summer.

Hello to everyone!
Old 08-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #11  
jeanne

Urghhhh, I used all of my flex points last night!!!! What was I thinking! I let my stomach take control!
Old 08-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #12  

Jeanne, Uh oh! That doesn't sound good. Sounds like me though. The past few days I haven't been doing what I should. Not sure what's up with that. Need to get back with it especially since the classes are done for the summer.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Ugh is right! I'm joining that club.
Thursday I bought a box of SnackWell sandwich cookies, for the weekend. (Larry took yesterday off.)
Thursday night, we sat on the sofa and ate the whole box!
I have two doctor appointments coming up and had planned on being "leaner." That's not going to happen.

Hope y'all are having a good weekend. (Not getting post notices again!)

Last edited by Tina; 08-15-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #14  

Tina, oh my to the cookies! I can do the same thing though.

Yesterday was a very lazy day, and today is turning out to be the same way. Just very tired. Maybe I'll just take a nap.

Have a great Sunday!
Old 08-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

I hope everyone had a great weekend.
We had paperwork to take care of and getting things notarized.
Then, we had three house showings! I don't know about the one Saturday but the other two might make offers! Everyone, keep their fingers and toes crossed for us.

I've been sooooo OP today. I'm really going to weigh on Thursday morning before going to see my surgeon. Would you believe that after 6 months, I have returning soreness/pain on one side of the incision scar! I can't believe it. It's good I have the appointment. (I'll keep y'all posted on what he says.)

Everyone take care and POST.