WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for the month of August!

jar1965
08-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi Ladies! I thought I'd get us started! Can you believe that it is August 5 already!!!! I will be doing school shopping for the last time this year! My baby is going to be a senior!!! Anyone else have to school shop?

Well heres to a great month! Everyone stay positive and healthy!

Drink lots of water and shake those booties!:carrot:

Tina
08-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Jeanne, Thank you, thank you , thank you for starting us off this month. No, I can't believe it's already August! Wow, your baby is a senior. That's unreal. Enjoy every moment of this year. Is she planning on college? If so, it'll be a busy time, getting scholarships.

Tammy, how are you? Are you doing Zumba? :)
Susan, are you rested up yet? I'll bet your kitties were happy you were home.
Sis, I hope this week is "calmer" for you.
Dori, how are things with you?
Maureen, how's the kitty? Have you found a condo?

We have a new grocery store near me. It's more of a specialty store. Susan, it's an HEB like a Central Market.
Today was grand opening and I went to look at everything.
Who likes fish? Their seafood dept. was to die for!
Everyone stay OP.
:hug:

Tammy
08-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Susan, glad you will have someone to help you out at school. Can't believe you'll be back there soon. No fair!

Tina, keeping fingers crossed that you get your house sold. I want to come and look at the seafood dept! Bob was the seafood manager at Wal Mart when he worked there.

Jeanne, no school shopping here except for tuition! Ha. Tim is a senior too!

Next week is the end of the summer session at the Y. The fall session doesn't start until after Labor Day, so I'm going to have to do things on my own. I'm not good at that sometimes. I am glad that it is coming to the end though. Doing pilates and zumba back-to-back wasn't the smartest idea. I'm just worn out. I know another woman feels the same way. She, the instructor, and I are the only ones doing both classes. The instructor is in her 30's, I'm 54, and the other woman is 62 I think. When I sign up for classes in the fall, I plan to spread them out a bit.

Tina
08-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Nothing much going on around here. Our realtor is trying to think of ways to get people's attention to the property.

It's hot, hot, hot! I try to do things in the mornings and stay indoors after noon. I don't have much energy.
I did walk on my treadmill for 30 min. yesterday. Yea!

How is everyone???

Tammy
08-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Any body checking out your house this weekend? It is hot here today, but nothing like what you have. It is finally in the 90's after so many days this summer of 60's and 70's. I know the teachers are dreading the start of school because they know it will end up being super hot then.

Good for you for walking on the treadmill!!

This is the last week of classes, so I'll have to be heading to the Y on my own to do the cardio room and walk. I'm not good at doing things on my own.

Tina
08-09-2009, 10:03 PM
No one has been to see the house for almost a week now. The realtor/broker goes to her broker meeting on Wednesday. She's going to "promote" our property. I found a house being built in our neighborhood. I was amazed! I wrote down the contractors name and address and sent it to the realtor. NO one is buying right now.

I can't believe you have had so much cool weather.
Good luck going to the gym alone. I can't wait to get off this blood thinner so I can go to Zumba or something like that. I've just got to be so careful right now. And, not to mention, that this stuff makes me tired all the time. The dr. said just "to live with it." :lol:

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Tammy
08-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Tina, I know there are several homes in our area for sale. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

The cool weather has really been weird this summer. Saved on AC though! I don't remember a summer when I wore jeans and sweatshirts as much as I have.

When will you be able to get off of the blood thinner? I know you miss being able to do things. The new YMCA program schedule is out, and I was browsing and writing down what I want to take this fall.
So far this is what I want: Aerobics M-W-F from 9-10am ; Zumba T-Th 7-8pm; and I'm thinking maybe water aerobics on M at 6:30 pm, but I'm not sure about that one. It's also on Wed, but I have my First Place class that night. Not sure how many nights I want to be busy. lol

Hope everyone has a great week!

Tina
08-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Morning all,
I'm on the blood thinner until at least November 3rd. It's a six-month regimen.
Eons ago I promised to send my pineapple salsa recipe. Guess what! Now I can't find it. I can't find anything in this house anymore:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
I hope you all are okay. No one is posting much nowadays, including me. :o

When does school start for all you teachers, and mothers?
Maureen, how is your weather? Have you been having the hot spell that we have up north?

Everyone have a great OP day.
:flow1:

jar1965
08-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Morning everyone! I'm off today! Thank goodness! I'm really tired and I don't know why!!! I slept 12 hours last night! hmmmm?!?!?!

Actually I do think I know why.........I have some breathing issues. I have been coughing since November. I have been doctoring and she is finally sending me for a Pulomonary Breathing Test. I go on the 8th! I think it is really holding me back! urgh!

Tina - I know they say its a buyers market out there, but.......... I think people are afraid to buy! Jobs, economy, health care, and so much more are contributing factors. I reallllllllly hope you get someone soon though! I'll keep my fingers crossed! I'd love a low maintence condo too!!! ;)

Tammy - You are staying busy! Good for you! Just the other day I said I have NEVER washed so many hoodies in July........EVER!

Well, the laundry and dusting is calling my name!!!
Have a great day girls!

Tammy
08-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Tina, I didn't realize you had to be on the blood thinner that long. LOL to the pineapple salsa!

Jeanne, it sounds like you needed that sleep! Glad you had a day off. Funny about washing the hoodies! It has been ridiculously (is that a word?) cold/cool this summer.

Hello to everyone!

jar1965
08-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Urghhhh, I used all of my flex points last night!!!! What was I thinking! I let my stomach take control!

Tammy
08-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Jeanne, Uh oh! That doesn't sound good. Sounds like me though. The past few days I haven't been doing what I should. Not sure what's up with that. Need to get back with it especially since the classes are done for the summer.

Tina
08-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Ugh is right! I'm joining that club.
Thursday I bought a box of SnackWell sandwich cookies, for the weekend. (Larry took yesterday off.)
Thursday night, we sat on the sofa and ate the whole box! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
I have two doctor appointments coming up and had planned on being "leaner." That's not going to happen. :lol:

Hope y'all are having a good weekend. (Not getting post notices again!)

Tammy
08-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Tina, oh my to the cookies! I can do the same thing though.

Yesterday was a very lazy day, and today is turning out to be the same way. Just very tired. Maybe I'll just take a nap.

Have a great Sunday!

Tina
08-17-2009, 05:32 PM
I hope everyone had a great weekend.
We had paperwork to take care of and getting things notarized.
Then, we had three house showings! I don't know about the one Saturday but the other two might make offers! Everyone, keep their fingers and toes crossed for us.

I've been sooooo OP today. I'm really going to weigh on Thursday morning before going to see my surgeon. Would you believe that after 6 months, I have returning soreness/pain on one side of the incision scar! I can't believe it. It's good I have the appointment. (I'll keep y'all posted on what he says.)

Everyone take care and POST. :)

Tammy
08-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Tina, that is great that you had 3 house showings!!!! Fingers, toes, and everything else is crossed! Keep us posted!!!!

Hmmm to the soreness/pain by the incision. I had similar stuff after gall bladder surgery for a while, but I haven't had anything for years. Let us know what the doctor said.

I haven't tracked anything today, but I think I've done better. spent an hour at the Y this morning in the cardio room on machines and on the treadmill. I wanted to stop, but I kept pushing myself.

How is everyone else? I know at least one person went back to school today. I think her initials are SUSAN!

maureen kempster
08-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Hi everyone-I've been here just too lazy to write-I don't know how you Texas ladies stand the heat-is it humid also there? I forgot how humid it gets in Ottawa back in Alberta it gets hot but it's dry-I've had my little window A/C going the last few days non stop-Tammy, my sister and her boys went to Cedar Park(or is it Point) where ever your big amusement park is-she went on 14 of the rollercoasters and her boys went on 17-I saw some of the pictures and they took some videos-they're nuts!!! you wouldn't get me even near them-I was feeling sick just watching the videos-
Tina, 3 showings, that's a good sign get a bit of competition going. I'll be thinking about you when you go to the dr's-I'm sure you'll come out with a clean slate-
work is hectic-I've been given more responsibilities so I'm muddling along-hope I'm ready to retire before they find out I haven't got a clue of what the hang I'm doing lol
I hope we all have a great day tomorrow on program
take care
maureen

Sis
08-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Just popping in to say hello to everyone. I have been doing pretty good. I am doing good at getting in my water for the last 3 days and I can't believe the difference in how I feel. I knew this but somehow it doesnt sink in sometimes ya know? Anyways I also have been doing fair at what I have been eating. I think I may have turned a corner in my head and am getting to the point where I am ready to embrace the way I should be eating.
I hope you all are doing well and that you are enjoying the summer. The weather here in MI has been very hot, but now we seem to be cooling down for a while. I think fall is on its way. Fall is my favorite season of the year here. Im not a big fan of winter but love the fall. Hope everyone has a great week end. Take care....

Tina
08-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Hi all,
Remember me??? :lol: Sorry I've been MIA.
Sis, it's so good to hear that you're doing good. Drinking that water is very important.
With all our hot, hot weather, I think fall will be my favorite season from now on. :)

Maureen, it is very, very humid down in south TX. But, you get used to it.
Tammy, how is all the exercising? When do your classes begin? When does Tim start classes?
Susan, I'm hoping school is going well for you.
Dori, let us know how your school is going.

Jeanne, when do your schools up there begin? Are you feeling okay right now?

I went to the surgeon for my check-up. Turns out he thought I had an adhesion. He pummeled my abdomen in that spot. He told me to just hang in there. I felt horrible after that! He sent me home with some great pain pills. :lol: I'm feeling lots better today. I think he undid that adhesion. :dizzy:
I'm drinking my water but not getting in any exercise.
Our house--we got an offer. We've been going back and forth but I don't think the "buyer" will accept our last counter offer. That's okay. Someone else will come along. We reduced our listing price because it just won't sell at the higher price. :dizzy: We really want to get this sold!
Everyone take care and stay OP.

jar1965
08-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone! I didn't WI this week because of TOM! I'm hoping for a much better week. Sis - great job on water & attitude!!! :carrot: I've been working on my water intake. I agree it does make you feel a little better!
Tina - I'm so glad you are feeling better! So glad to hear that you had an offer too! Keep it up! It'll sell when you least expect it to! Things have been busy at work with us closing and all. Our expected "out" date is around September 19th or 20th. We have our lease until October 31st....but......she seems to think we will be liqudated and out before that~!
Tammy - It's hoodie weather today! I actually like today. Even though it's cool at least the humidity is down and I CAN BREATHE!! How is your exercising going?
Susan - How is school??? Kaitlin goes back Sept. 8th! Isn't that crazy late? Our distric has always gone back after Labor Day, but....they could have had a two good weeks in and under their belts. Saving us some snow days!
Maureen - it's ok. We have our lazy days, (weeks) too! Kaitlin and her friends were at Cedar Point this past Weds. & Thurs. Kinda their last "fun" before everyone heads back to school. She had a ton of fun.
Well gotta scoot. Headed out to Lowes to try and find something "safe" to help us keep Peanut confined to the downstairs family room. He is sooooooooo funny!!!!
have a great day ladies!

Tina
08-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Good news! We signed a contract last night. :carrot: It's not for as much as we wanted but it's okay.
Now we have to wait for an appraiser to see if the property is worth the asking price. Then, we wait for the end of the 10-day period when the buyer can back out. Hopefully everything will go okay.
How is everyone doing???
Susan, how was your first day of school?

maureen kempster
08-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Hey Tina
I have toes, fingers everything crossed, even my eyes lol -you'll sell it-just good positive thoughts coming your way

maureen

Tina
08-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Maureen, thank you for crossing everything!!! :lol:

Sis
08-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Tina, Good luck with the house. I hope everyone here is doing well. I am doing pretty good. I don't think I've lost a lot but I am feeling good. Take care everyone and have a wonderful week end! :D

Tammy
08-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Maureen, it is Cedar Point. I've never been there. We usually go to King's Island which is near Cincinnati. I'm with you on the heat in Texas. I couldn't handle it. I'm sure you are doing fine at your job!!

Sis, I'm like you. I know what I need to do, and I feel better when I do it, but sometimes I just need a kick in the backside to make myself eat right.

Tina, my classes start again on Sept. 8. Tim started back on Aug. 24. So far he is enjoying the classes that he has. Only a few more Saturdays of the EMT class, so then he'll have a bit of free time.

Jeanne, I've been getting plenty of walking in the past week because I've been to our county fair every day. It is huge, and it is alot of walking.

I had planned to go to the fair tonight, then I looked at the radar for the weather. Nasty stuff! Our power has been back on for about 30 minutes. Hoping it doesn't go off again. It seems like it is just raining now, no thunder and lightning.

Tina
08-28-2009, 11:33 PM
We had bad weather tonight, too. Of course, this is the day that the yard men come. :dizzy: Larry will have to go outside tomorrow and clean up the yard. We even had some hail!

Tammy
08-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Poor Larry! Stuff like that always happens, doesn't it? We didn't have any hail with our storms last night.

jar1965
08-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Hi all! Just a quick fly by to say hi~!:carrot:

Beautiful, comfortable, open the windows and let the breeze come in kinda day! Ooooo, I love it!

Hope everyone had a great w/e!

Sis
08-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Yesterday here was rainy but today is sunny. Not really warm, much more like a fall day. I love fall. I hope we have a long fall before winter decides to make an appearance. Hopefully not to early of a frost though.....

Tina
08-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Hi,
I envy everyone who has 4 full seasons. :lol:
If we are lucky, we have a week of fall weather and maybe two weeks of spring.
It has been a little cooler in the morning for a few days. Instead of it being 82, it's been all the way down to 77!

Let's drink water tomorrow.

Tammy
08-30-2009, 11:38 PM
Jeanne, I was actually really cold earlier today. Ended up closing all the windows. It was in the 40's last night! Unreal for August.

Sis, I could handle a long fall too. Hold off winter as long as we can.

Tina, I think I would miss the seasons if I didn't have them, but when it is so cold and yucky in the winter, I want to be out of here!

Tina
09-01-2009, 03:19 PM
I have a great idea for exercising and losing weight---come help me pack!!!!!
Today is the last day of the buyers' 10-day period. Now, we must STILL wait for an appraiser to come.
But, I've started the packing process. Yuck
And, a spot near my incision is giving me fits. It hurts when I touch it. I'm gonna have to go back and ask for a cat scan.
How is everyone today-Monday???

Tammy
09-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Tina, I think we would have so much fun if we all came to help! Oh my goodness! Starting the packing process is a good idea. Let us know what you find out about the spot near the incision.

Today has been interesting. Tim's last class was cancelled, so he got home early. didn't have anything planned for dinner, so we went to a restaurant uptown to eat. Didn't eat healthy! Anyway, he and Lauren have their eyes on some apartments here in town. Nice and clean looking, etc. We know that when one comes available, they are rented quickly. We had decided that whenever we saw the sign up, he would call and get information. After we left the restaurant, we drove by, and the sign was up! He called, and 15 minutes later we were going through it. It is 2 bedroom, 1 bath, 1 car garage, laundry room, L-shaped kitchen, dining, & living room. It is really nice! All the apartments are the same. Someone is moving into this one after the owners get it ready, and the one that is being moved out of will be painted, cleaned, etc. It will be ready mid-end of October. $465 a month. Tim has an application to fill out. We took pictures, and he is going to email them later to Lauren. She said she trusts our judgment. It reminds me of one of the first places Bob and I lived. I think I might be getting more room in this place! When he moved home from the apartment last December, most of that stuff is in 1/2 of my garage.

I'm not looking forward to him leaving, but I know that it will be nice having one of those apartments.

Off for a meeting!

Tina
09-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Tammy, that apartment sounds great! Wow, I wish we could find one that cheap in Houston. :lol:

How did everyone do today? I didn't count points but think I stayed OP.
That was correct until tonight. I gave in and had a piece of apple pie. It's been forever since I've had apple pie.

Tammy
09-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Tina, I'm sure the prices in Houston would make me cringe! I think I like small town living. lol There are some apartments here in town that are cheaper, but they aren't nearly as nice as these. I checked with some people in town, and they said the kids should jump on it while it's available. Tim will be there by himself until after the wedding. I told him I'll come over for supper. lol

Yummy to the apple pie! I honestly have not been doing well about being on program. Tonight I start the new session of First Place 4 Health, and next week I start back to classes at the Y. Maybe that will be my incentive to get with it! I'm closing my eyes at weigh in tonight.

Hope everyone has a great day!

jar1965
09-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you are having a great weekend! It's a long one for me! Got my new laptop Thursday and ta da - here I am finally on it! It is taking some time to get used to, but I think I love it!
I haven't done well Points wise today~ :mad: Yesterday was jessica's 22nd birthday!!!! We are having guests and pizza and cake tomorrow to celebrate!

Have a great night everyone!

Tina
09-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Hi all,
Happy Birthday to Jessica!!!!! Jeanne, what brand is your laptop? I have a Sony Vaio. I'm just now getting use to everything. :)

Tammy, did you hide your eyes at weigh-in? :lol: Did Tim sign the papers for his apartment?
Susan, how is school and Pat???
Maureen, how is work? Have you been able to get some walking in?
Sis, how is your fall weather? We had cool mornings for a couple of days. It was so nice.
Dori, has your school already started? How are you doing staying OP?

I posted on the September Weigh-In thread that I lost 3 whole pounds. :carrot: These were 3 pounds that I'd gained over my tracker weight. :o
I found that if I don't get something out to eat for lunch but just eat what's at home, I seem to lose. :dizzy: This weekend will be a challenge. We've already eaten out at lunch and are having Burger King burgers tonight. I've got two more days of the holiday weekend to be better. :lol:

Everyone have a great weekend.

jar1965
09-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Hi Tina! Mine is a Sony Vaio too!!!!! It's pink!!!! Bob got one too! I love it!

We are going school shopping tomorrow so while we are out, I'm going to buy a cordless mouse! However, I am getting much better with the little finger mouse pad thingie!!! haha!

Have a great night!

HAPPY LABOR DAY EVERYONE!!!

jar1965
09-07-2009, 07:49 AM
STOP!!! PLEASE GO TO THE SEPTEMBER THREAD!!