100 lb. Club - What do you do?

View Full Version : What do you do?

better health3
08-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Lately I have been struggling with food. It is like the "binge monster" part of myself wants to make a reappearance. How is it I can be totally fine with eating healthy and enjoying my food...then another day want to eat the crap that got me so huge in the first place? I don't understand this. I thought it has been a long length of time. I guess it is my old habits are testing me. I need to remember I can breathe easier when I walk,and I do have more energy.

I've stopped weighing myself...I started to get compulsively obsessed again--not a good thing. I about lost it when I exercised really hard for 2 hours and nothing happened on the scale the next day, my water intake was 12 glasses too. I stayed within my caloric allowance for the day.

I am afraid to eat more calories. I've been averaging around 1200-1400. If you've lost weight by eating more calories(nutritious, healthy ones) I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks.

Onederchic
08-04-2009, 12:12 PM
I was, for a long time even into my journey, believed that less was more when it came to calories. I learned from 3FC, that is not true. I started my journey eating under 1000 calories a day :o. I upped it to 1000 for awhile then 1100. Now I have 2 days at 1200, 3 days at 1600 and 2 days at 1400 and I am chugging along pretty fair, I'd say :D

Good luck!!
Hugs
Michelle

JulieJ08
08-04-2009, 12:22 PM
I think sometimes we don't make the connection between calories that are to low for us (which is different for everyone, but 1200-1400 could certainly do it) and binging, just because it's delayed for a day or more. But if you commonly eat low calories and feel fine on *those* days, but have recurrent binging problems, I think you have to consider that the low calorie days are causing the binges. You can think of it this way: with the binges, you're averaging higher anyway, so you don't really have anything to lose by increasing your average and decreasing the binges.

quiffy
08-04-2009, 01:57 PM
I run a range rather than a specific number on my daily calories. I know if my daily calories go below 1300 one day or I have a deficit of greater than 1500 calories, I will be hungry the next day or possibly the day after that. So, I go on the 1300-1600 range with a focus of trying to keep at about 1400 deficit a day.