100 lb. Club - August NSV's

View Full Version : August NSV's

momof5k
08-04-2009, 12:08 AM
I have been married nearly 16 years (this Friday is my and hubby's wedding anniversary) so this NSV couldn't really have been timed any better.

The bulk (no pun intended ;)) of my weight gain has been in the last 13 years and one of the major crushing moments in my journey happened about 8 years ago. The largest diamond in my engagement ring fell out (it was actually lost and then found on the backseat of our car under our son's car seat... amazing story really...) Anyway...

When we took the ring into be repaired, I could NOT get my rings off. No way. No how! They had to cut them off so they could be fixed and then resize them so I could get them back on. It was humiliating! I was mortified! Outgrowing clothes somehow was okay. I'd had three babies already...my body changed...whatever. But to have gained so much a jeweler had to cut my rings off was devastating. Ugh...

Today, I was shaking my hand (goofing around with the kids) and my rings flew off my finger! Wha' the? Yup, put them on and flitzed my hand again, they fly right off! Wow!

I know I have lost weight. I've seen the scale moving and I have had to buy new pants as mine kept falling off but...the rings!? This is huge for me!

With our anniversary around the corner, this was such great news today. It is especially appreciated right now as it is TOM and the scale has not moved all week so this is a wonderful reminder of how far I have already come.

Thanks for listening to my long saga...

Now tell me, what is your NSV this month? :hug: :carrot: :hug:

waquilter
08-04-2009, 12:30 AM
GREAT DAY took my granddaughter to lunch and didn't eat a single one of her french fries or have a bite of her left over grilled cheese - plus came home and tried on a pair of pants I couldn't zip a month ago and they now close!!

momof5k
08-04-2009, 12:49 AM
:woohoo:

salsa chip
08-04-2009, 03:07 AM
I just went running at a time of day when other people were up and would see me. Normally I would run reaallllllly early in the morning so as to minimise the risk of being seen in my jogging gear!

Windchime
08-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Great thread! momof5k, go get those rings fixed so you don't lose them when you're out running!

My scales are standing still at the moment so it's good to think about NSV's. As of last week, I've been wearing size 14 pants to work. My 16's were just looking so baggy and loose, but for several weeks the 14's felt too snug. Well, I'm wearing them now. And yesterday when I was in the ladies' room, I caught a glimpse of myself in the bathroom mirror as I turned sideways to get a paper towel and....just for a moment, I looked SLIM. So for the rest of the day, I kept turning sideways to look at myself whenever I went into the ladies' room! LOL. Finally, after 40 pounds, I can start to see a real difference. I can't imagine how I'm going to look after another 25!

momof5k
08-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Great thread! momof5k, go get those rings fixed so you don't lose them when you're out running!

Finally, after 40 pounds, I can start to see a real difference. I can't imagine how I'm going to look after another 25!

Luckily I run in my basement so if they fall off they won't go far ;)

Congrats on seeing the difference! Feels great doesn't it? Another 25 you may not recognize yourself :lol:

Buttercup
08-04-2009, 11:42 PM
My non scale victory for August is that I turn 50 soon and feel much better and am in a good place mentally and physically. I am actually looking forward to this birthday! :D

Elladorine
08-04-2009, 11:52 PM
I actually have energy now! I went on a cleaning spree in my kitchen yesterday, something I usually try to avoid like the plague. :lol:

kasmin
08-05-2009, 09:32 AM
i really really really wanted to eat a big bowl of pasta today, BUT I pulled back from the brink and had a turkey burger sandwich instead:cbg:

thistoo
08-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Today one of my coworkers looked at me and said, "So have you reached your goal weight?"

When I stopped laughing I said, "According to my doctor I have about 50 pounds left to go." She was shocked because she said she looked at me from the back earlier and I looked so slim. I'm currently in a size 12, which is great, but ideally I'll get down to a 4-6. Still, it was a nice little boost, especially since the scale is stuck again.

TaraLee
08-06-2009, 12:22 PM
DH and I took our kiddos to the park a few days ago. Normally this involves me and DH sitting on the bench watching them play. This time though I was up playing with them! I swung with my baby girl, I helped my son with the monkey bars, pushed him on the swing. I have to admit I set down for a couple minutes (it was HOT out there, which is weird for here) but the rest of the time I was go-go-go.
I haven't lost a ton of weight but the difference I felt being able to be up and keep up, more or less, with them is huge!

lottie63
08-06-2009, 12:34 PM
I woke up today and didn't lose and still want to be on plan.

Elladorine
08-07-2009, 01:11 AM
My birthstone ring is notably looser on my finger for the first time *ever* (I've had it for about 5 years and it used to be a little too tight for comfort). It's in no danger of falling off yet, but when it is I'll probably put it away and have it resized later. :)

momof5k
08-07-2009, 01:29 AM
The ring resizing thing has me a bit stumped. Do I resize them now...only to maybe have to resize again? That seems a bit wasteful.

I ALWAYS were my wedding/ engagement/anniversary rings and would feel rather naked without them so I don't know if I could just put them away until I am closer to goal but I sure don't want to lose them. Dilemma dilemma.

lottie63
08-07-2009, 10:18 AM
you could get a sizer, which is temporary, it's just a little band that fits inside the ring, until you are at goal, because the more often you re-size a ring, the more likely it is to loosen the stones and they will fall out, you don't want to be resizing a lot.

waquilter
08-07-2009, 10:22 AM
momof5
Congrats on your weight loss. As to the ring dilemma, I think I would either buy a really nice necklace and wear them around my neck or have them resized. Resizing would be a nice reward for losing the weight though - after all you're worth it plus I don't think resizing is that expensive.

salsa chip
08-09-2009, 04:16 AM
I don't know if this counts, but I'm going to throw it out there.

At the moment life's really rough, emotionally. I'm staying the weekend at my sister's and we went clothes shopping (I had some money saved up :) ). Even though I proposed it, I'm terrified of clothes shopping. Does anyone else get this? You walk into this store which seems to be full of skinny people and clothes that will only ever fit skinny people. And then people turn and look at you with faces that say "What does she think she's doing in a place like this?"

Anyway, my sister somehow manages to get me into one of these places, starts rummaging through the racks, and starts handing me things and asking me all these strange questions like, "What do you think of this colour?" and "What shape are you looking for?"

Cue very confused Salsa.

So I go and try them on, the lady in the shop comes over and asks if she can help. My sister explains that I need clothes that can fit round my bust, but not fall tent-like below that. I'm summoned out of the changing room. Lady takes one look at me and says, "Proportionally, you have a tiny waist, so yes, that's the style you want to be looking for."

Ok, this is nothing very big, and I'm only a few pounds in. But...going into one of those shops. And daring to try on clothes. And being told I have a tiny waist (I guess I'm an hourglass), albeit proportionally....

Came back home and the emotional clouds went dark again. But that was definitely a bright spark in my day, and it needed recording :)

thistoo
08-09-2009, 10:45 AM
That's definitely a victory, Salsa! Sounds like you have a great sister, and I'm glad she took you out and forced a little self-confidence on you, even if it only lasted while you were at the store. It feels great to be able to wear clothes that fit well and look the way they should, and the more weight you lose, the more you'll enjoy the process.

I used to HATE clothes shopping, but now I really enjoy it. Of course, I do a lot of it at the thrift stores while I'm going through sizes quickly, but even that can be pretty fun! Like treasure hunting. I bet you'll get to the point where you really enjoy it too.

ubergirl
08-09-2009, 03:24 PM
Am happy to be wearing the jeans that I had outgrown at the beginning of the summer.

Am also happy to be walking four hilly miles a day when back in June one and half miles seemed daunting.

caryesings
08-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Silly thing, but I stock up on underwear during my state's tax free weekend. That was this weekend and I bought underwear 2 sizes smaller than last year at this time.

salsa chip
08-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Silly thing, but I stock up on underwear during my state's tax free weekend. That was this weekend and I bought underwear 2 sizes smaller than last year at this time.

That is anything but silly! :hug: I can't wait until I can get cute underwear that I like instead of a random stereotype of what large ladies like to wear closest to their skin.

Congrats! Go you!

time2lose
08-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Boy, these are some great NSVs!

Last weekend I had my mil's funeral, family visitation, and all the stuff that goes with a death in the family. While it was difficult, I could not help but realize that my weight loss made the weekend easier. I did not feel like I was so big that I stood out from the rest of the family. I was able to stand up for most of the 3 hour visitation and I was able to dress appropriately for the funeral because I could stand to wear dress shoes.

Less weight = easier life - I need to remember this formula.

salsa chip
08-09-2009, 06:05 PM

That thought occurred to me when I checked in my rucksack when going on holiday in the middle of June this year, all 33 lbs of it. I wondered to myself what my life would be like if I was that rucksack lighter (if that made any sense).

jenhai
08-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Today has been a day of cleaning for the week. And one chore that I do not attempt often enough, cleaning the fridge (I clean it when it is impossible to wait anymore). Long and short, I would sweat, huff and puff and it would take me over an hour to clean the shelves and wipe the entire thing out. I usually would get frustrated and ask hubby to clean the lower portions at the very back. My shoulders would be to large and I was to bulky to reach to the bottom rear. I even complained that I did not want to have a side by side anymore because it was too narrow.

TODAY, I was able to get down and wipe the entire fridge out. I fit right in and cleaned every nook and cranny of the fridge. WHOOO HOOO! Didn't have to get on knees, jusy bent and squatted down and took care of business. I am going to clean it more. only took about 30 minutes to remove, wash and dry the drawers, shelves, and glass. I AM NOT GOING TO CLEAN THE FRIDGE MORE OFTEN! HERE's to weight loss . . . it leads to a cleaner house.`

jrsygrl
08-09-2009, 10:55 PM
I've only been on program a couple of days but my NSV is that I don't have that bloated feeling. I actually consumed more fruits and veggies the past 3 days than I did all year. The best part is I actually enjoyed them. Especially the fruit. Because of the sweetness of the fruit I didn't crave the usual sweet stuff like cake and cookies

whispers
08-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Hey all,
I haven't posted lately, been kind of depressed.
This morning when I got dressed decided to try on an old pair of size 18 jeans, they haven't fit in over two years. They fit. DH asked if I had bought some new jeans. Told him no these are a pair of old ones. I'm down 42 lbs. used to wear size 24.

momof5k
08-10-2009, 12:11 AM
:woohoo: What fantastic NSVs ladies!!

salsa chip
08-18-2009, 08:06 AM
Ok, I have no idea if this is real, but heck, I'll take it:

I have this cute dark pink "shrug" thing, but with ties so that I can fasten it (emphasising the bust haha). And I think it's loose, especially in the sleeves. This is really weird, because I have a big case of batwing arms and having loose sleeves on top of that is...novel!

Anyway it's happened, this is quite cool ;)

starfishkitty
08-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Seeing my collarbones again! :)

Windchime
08-18-2009, 04:50 PM

I was saying this very thing to my sister the other day. All of life is easier when I am slimmer. People will often say, "Losing weight will not make your life suddenly perfect" and that may be true, but it sure makes everything much, much easier. From simple things like bending over, sitting comfortably in jeans, being able to buy clothes you LIKE (instead of just accepting what fits), up to the big stuff like better health, it makes everything easier.

Just like they say, "Money won't make you happy", well--I don't know about you guys, but I sure FEEL a lot happier when I am not crying over how I'm going to manage to pay the power bill as well as feed the kids. I feel the same way about weight loss--it doesn't make things perfect, but it sure makes most things in my life EASIER and feel better.

Lyn2007
08-20-2009, 07:18 PM
I was craving something to much on and was about to have a bowl of raisin bran and milk (almost 300 calories) but instead I had 3/4 c Kashi cereal for 100 calories, and a huge glass of water! I am satisfied.

starfishkitty
08-20-2009, 08:49 PM
I went out to dinner with my dad after we went and got our oil changed together (we don't see each other that often since we're both really busy) and he called up his girlfriend to ask her how much weight she'd lost lately on her diet and bragged to her about my loss of near 50lbs!

My dad almost NEVER compliments me! He's that do-not-express-your-feelings-Mexican type... haha! Man it felt good!

aphrodite
08-21-2009, 02:07 AM
This morning when I got dressed decided to try on an old pair of size 18 jeans, they haven't fit in over two years. They fit. DH asked if I had bought some new jeans. Told him no these are a pair of old ones. I'm down 42 lbs. used to wear size 24.

ME TOO. I'm also down 42 pounds.

My partner was like "Are those new?" Hehe...nope. Yay!

Lyn2007
08-21-2009, 03:01 AM
Tonight I sold the rest of my size 22's. No where to go from here but down. I really ought to sell the 20's... I will in another 15 pounds.

ubergirl
08-21-2009, 11:38 AM
I had to retire my 26s, my 22s are wearable for the first time in two years.

Elladorine
08-21-2009, 01:59 PM
My stretch pants kept sliding down on me as I took my walk this morning. :dizzy:

2behealthy
08-21-2009, 09:54 PM
I had to give away my fall coat cause it was way too big. Tonight at the thrift store I found a cute cordoury jacket. It was a size 18! I must have been in high school the last time I fit into anything a size 18 and I am in my 40's! It will be several weeks yet before I need it, but it fits ok now, and will look even nicer in a few weeks. Money might not buy happiness, but I sure am happy tonight getting to buy something cute!

SunshineCA
08-22-2009, 11:01 PM
New clothes that I just purchased a few weeks ago are now waaaay too big! :)

labean
08-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Thanks everyone for inspiring me. It's soul food.

SunshineCA
08-23-2009, 01:10 AM
No thanks needed! It's how we roll around here. :hug:

starfishkitty
08-23-2009, 05:44 PM
No thanks needed! It's how we roll around here. :hug:

:lol: Nice Sunshine! :D

Today I had another NSV....

I was driving home from my mom's through the picturesque country roads (this is Indiana folks, we're talking horses, silos, fields, green everywhere, gorgeous blue sky, huge fluffy clouds) and I realized that I just feel REALLY, REALLY good about myself.... and that my body feels flippin' amazing.

I literally feel like I did, body wise (not just my size or shape or anything, but how my body feels like it's working on the INSIDE), when I was 19 or 20. THAT WAS 7+ YEARS AGO. :woohoo:

I mean, I can practically feel my body humming with good health, like a well oiled machine... as compared to the death/cough/rattles of a dusty, rusty machine before.

God, this feels GOOD. :yay:

Amazing... truly amazing. :cloud9:

SunshineCA
08-23-2009, 06:46 PM
My daughter told me I look like a Hottie today. :)

My EX-fiance bought this mini-skirt for me about a year ago that was way too small. He knew that as he was a jerk that used to tease me about my weight. Anyway, I thought it was cute and threw it in the closet. I've tried it on a few times but it would not fit. Today I tried it on and it fit perfectly with lots of room to spare! :)

So, I cut off the tags, found a cute camisole and a cute pair of high-heeled sandals to match. :) On my way to the mirror to make sure I looked sane, my daughter complimented me. :)

cfmama
08-23-2009, 08:14 PM
I fit NICELY into Fruit of the Loom size 8 undies!!!!! If you don't know they are found in the "normal" sizes of the wal-mart underwear section and NOT in the plus sizes ;)

starfishkitty
08-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Sunshine - That is seriously awesome how you've turned something that was a cruel joke from someone into something so great!! hehe! Good job! :high:

Mama - Oh, I so know the feeling.... same for the underwear for me, but also I'm the smallest size my favorite plus size store has now! :D I can't decide whether I'll be happy or sad when I finally can't fit in them anymore!

Essa415
08-24-2009, 10:37 AM
I went to buy a new top at old navy for this weekend and the store was so busy that I just grabbed a cute cami in an xl and left. When I got home I tried it on and i was swimming in it :) I had just tried on the same xl shirt a few weeks ago and it fit fine then... I had to go back and exchange it for a smaller size, that made me want to work even harder, i love seeing results!!

momof5k
08-24-2009, 12:13 PM
My family and I were away on vacation last week and stopped in at a premium outlet mall. I actually went in to a non-plus size store (Banada Republic) and tried some things on...and found things that fit!! I bought myself shirt and, it was still an XL but I have not been able to buy things "un-plus" for 10 years! Yahoo!

toastedsmoke
08-24-2009, 01:39 PM
@momof5K
Congrats!!!!!!! I can't wait till I can fit in BR clothes. I drool over them at the mall and online so I know how big a deal this is! Well done!

My august NSV is this:
When I finished grad school in May, I went out and bought an all new professional wardrobe that fit my then ~260lb body because I'd been off-plan at that point for like 2months (didn't get back on plan till July). I bought a size 20W in suits and blazers etc since I don't like clothes to fit too tight.
I finally might be getting my first real professional job soon, so yesterday I wanted to try on my mostly unworn "grown up" wardrobe and so I did and everything was so baggy and ill-fitting especially since everthing fit well in a "mom-approved" way in May. It was very exciting (even though a little sad because a good portion of my savings and graduation gift money was invested in that wardrobe which paradoxically I hope I'll NEVER be able to wear properly again).

GirlyGirlSebas
08-25-2009, 08:42 AM
Yesterday was my first on-plan day in almost 3 months. Amazingly, I didn't wake in the middle of night with acid reflux! :D

TraceyElaine
08-25-2009, 09:01 PM
2 years ago I ordered a pair of capris that were sized wrong. I thought I was ordering a 20 but they were a 16. I Decided to keep them and "fit in them when I loose weight". Needless to say they sat in my closet for more than 2 years with the tags still on them.

Well today the tags came off!! I got to wear them all day long and they were comfey. I wasn't expecting them to fit. I have from time to time taken them out and tried them on. In the beginning I couldn't even get my legs in them. Then I just couldn't zip or button them. I had hoped by the end of summer I would get to wear them.

What a confidence boost! I needed that.

SunshineCA
08-26-2009, 01:46 AM
Sunshine - That is seriously awesome how you've turned something that was a cruel joke from someone into something so great!! hehe! Good job! :high:

Thanks Girlie! :high:

Jo Kittibuck
08-26-2009, 02:37 AM
I bought a dress from Dress Barn for a party, expecting to be a 20 or so... nope! 18! And tell you what, I looked fabulous in it! Gave my friends quite a shock, they're not used to seeing me in dresses.

starfishkitty
08-26-2009, 04:44 AM
Toastedsmoke..... all I can say is: EBAY! lol! Sell those puppies... at least try to get some of that money back for a NEWER wardrobe! hehe And this time, try for stuff with elastic that'll stay with you for a few sizes...? :)

Editted to add my NSV for today:

Was at a crazy 85% shoe clearance sale at Carson's today (I got over $350 worth of designer shoes for $60!!!! :yay: :woohoo:) with my grandma today and while I was trying on a TALL pair of wedges, something I could never have worn 45lbs ago, she handed me the other one and told me to try them on together. Without even thinking, I lifted up my other leg and balanced perfectly on the foot in the wedge for like 20 seconds while I removed my other shoe and put the new one on. She just looked at me open mouthed for a few seconds and then goes, "Wow. How'd you do that??"

I was like "You know...? I don't know!"

Random, but awesome. :D

diyana
08-26-2009, 09:30 AM
I had an NSV this morning! When I got serious (again) in June, I was in Size 20W pants. Then I got down to Size 18Ws and they progressively got looser and looser, especially in the thighs. So this morning, I got up the courage to try a pair of 16Ws that I bought awhile ago, and THEY FIT! :woohoo: I'm soooo happy! Yay! :dance:

toastedsmoke
08-26-2009, 06:15 PM
@starfishkitty

That's a great idea. About the shoes, that's awesome!!!

crazycurls
08-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Well, I went to the gym today and they had lost electricity. So on the way home, I had decided that it was fate, I wasn't suppose to work out today. But...when I got home, I jumped on the treadmill and ran for 30 minutes. YAY ME!

ANewCreation
08-27-2009, 01:47 AM
I have figured out that I often eat without thinking and it's one of the hardest things for me to control. I just have a hard time sitting in front of a plate if it still has food on it.

So, tonight is my son, his girlfriend and I go out to dinner and I split my main course in half and put it on my appetizer plate. I know I'm taking that home to my husband. I proceed to eat my remaining half and then continue to visit with my son and his girlfriend while some of the side dish remains on the plate. I pick at it once (literally one bite) and never give it another glance. I get a to go box and fill it with my leftovers. Hubby had it for a late dinner tonight.

Never thought I'd see the day when I could not finish a plate of food or not obsess about it sitting there.

For me, this is a major victory!

starfishkitty
08-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Congrats!! That IS a major victory... for me too! I'm a notorious leftover binger! That's why I cook in correct portions... I don't trust myself well enough!

TJFitnessDiva
08-27-2009, 09:40 PM
I went to walmart today to buy some jeans & took a size 10 and a size 8 into the dressing room......the size 8's fit!!! So I did a little dance that my 3 year old did too lol I think the lady monitoring the dressing room thought I was nuts :lol:

So my NSV is that I'm in a single digit size...kewl beans :)

Jennelle
08-27-2009, 10:53 PM
My daughter left a bunch of t-shirts and some pajama bottoms behind when she left to go back to school last week. I had ripped the front out of my pj bottoms (that's what I get for buying them for $3.99 at the drugstore! :lol: ), so I decided I'd dig through her leftovers to find some that might fit. As I type this, I'm sitting in a SIZE LARGE pajama bottom! At the beginning of the year, I wore a 2X! Also, I'm wearing one of her SIZE LARGE t-shirts! At the beginning of the year, I was beginning to have trouble fitting comfortably into my 1X t-shirts!

Jennelle
08-28-2009, 09:11 PM
And one more...

I am having some really serious problems at home. For the first time in a very, very, very long time, I had to really fight an urge to binge. I decided to text a friend and let them know what I was feeling and what I was eating, to keep accountable. (Said friend is a recovering alcoholic, almost five years sober.) And I didn't binge. At all. (And I am so, so grateful for friends who REALLY get it! )

SunshineCA
08-28-2009, 11:38 PM
My DD (16) says, "Mommy, you're getting skinny again! Your arms, your legs, your stomach and I already told you about your skinny neck. And oh, even your head is small again." I was like, "Thank you I think?" :lol:

SunshineCA
08-28-2009, 11:39 PM
Another one was when we were out earlier and I held the door for this guy as he was going into the store. When I got to the car, my daughter told me he was checking out my butt. :lol: Thankfully I've always had a cute butt, but thanks to the Shred and South Beach, it's even cuter. ;)

Jennelle
08-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Yay for getting a butt ogle! :lol: ^^^

SunshineCA
08-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Yay for getting a butt ogle! :lol: ^^^

:lol:

salsa chip
08-30-2009, 04:05 PM
It's the end of the month so here's my NSV for today: after a rotten week, with emergency doctor visits and stressful phone calls from family...just now I went out in broad daylight for a run. And I passed people (including snotty teenagers). And I kept going for the whole thing (c25k, w5d1) :carrot:

What's more, in the last interval (3x5 mins) I got stitch and dratted well refused to stop early. It felt so good when the music told me I'd done my running for the day! :running:

Onederchic
08-30-2009, 04:08 PM
My NSV I have rattled about everywhere and to anyone I can cause I am happy so yep, you guessed it, I am rattling about it here too. Last week I was able to wear my boyfriend's medium size tshirt. This is from the gal who was wearing 3X and 4X last July.

Pics here - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album/180532-my-recent-nsv.html

Congrats to everyone for this month's NSVs!! :cheer2::cheer::cheer3:

msim
08-30-2009, 04:24 PM
I have had 2 people that I have not seen in the past 6 months walk past me, and then realize that they knew me. They just hadn't seen me since I lost 80 pounds!

DCHound
08-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Last night I went to a friend's birthday party. A couple of NSVs: 1, I wore one of my two favorite blouses from the last time I lost all this weight. It's a gorgeous Lane Bryant size 14 sheer top, with a tank top under it. It's probably the second-smallest older top I still have. It wasn't loose, I had to leave the bottom button unbuttoned, but I looked HOT. Which leads to NSV #2, at said party, not one but two CUTE guys followed me around the whole time, shoving drinks, food, cake etc. at me and talking my ears off. Me! I was a size 32 at the same party last year! I couldn't have been a wallflower even if I'd wanted to, LOL.

Windchime
08-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Last night I went to a friend's birthday party. A couple of NSVs: 1, I wore one of my two favorite blouses from the last time I lost all this weight. It's a gorgeous Lane Bryant size 14 sheer top, with a tank top under it. It's probably the second-smallest older top I still have. It wasn't loose, I had to leave the bottom button unbuttoned, but I looked HOT. Which leads to NSV #2, at said party, not one but two CUTE guys followed me around the whole time, shoving drinks, food, cake etc. at me and talking my ears off. Me! I was a size 32 at the same party last year! I couldn't have been a wallflower even if I'd wanted to, LOL.

Awesome! This gives me hope that I, too, will move out of Wallflowerville and into Foxy Chick City! The last time I lost weight, I had some young salesman at Home Depot develop a crush on me and that was *awesome* (until he found out I was old enough to be his Mom, LOL). Now all I need is a party to go to......

Windchime
08-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Here is my NSV: Today my close friend and I went online shopping together (she lives across the country in Vermont). We went to Coldwater Creek and there were so many cute things! Now that I am a little smaller, some of them would probably even fit me. I put several things in my shopping cart, LOL. I don't think I'll actually buy anything because I'm only passing through this size and I don't want to spend $80 on a sweater that I can only wear for 2 months, but still--it was so fun to look at all those pretty things and know that, if I wanted to, I could BUY something and it would fit!

Aclai4067
08-30-2009, 09:35 PM
Got on the treadmill today for the first time in ages because all of the ellipticals were taken. I decided to push for a bit of running, just short intervals to get my HR up without killing my knee. Out of 30 min total, I ran for 8.5 minutes! I really didn't expect to be able to do more than 3-5 min.

anmitche
08-30-2009, 10:29 PM
I was walking by the full length mirror in my bedroom today, and noticed I look normal again. I had definition in my waist, and I can truly see my hourglass shape again, instead of the big blob of fat around my waist. Pair that with the size L tops and 14 bottoms I've bought in the past week and I feel pretty fantastic!