100 lb. Club - Haterade? (A thread for positivity)

lottie63
08-03-2009, 03:47 PM
So, I posted a thread about my nasty friend making fun of me about wanting to be a nutritionist and being fat, and then we have the haterade thread, and I think there was one more recently that was kind of negative.

I REALLY hope that SOMEONE can contribute to this thread!

I want to post positive thigns people have said or things that have motivated you and kept you going.

I was talking to my mom about my lifestyle change, and she said, "I'm so proud of you, you are really learning healthy eating and exercise habits."

This is a HUGE improvement from things she has said in the past, but I Dont' want to explore that right now. Trying to keep things positive!

Anyone else?

beerab
08-03-2009, 03:55 PM
When my sister came to visit last weekend and said "I can tell you are still losing weight cuz you look smaller."

I LOVE MY SISTER! :hug:

Aclai4067
08-03-2009, 03:58 PM
A number of my friends have commented that they can tell I'm losing weight and they check up on me to see how I'm doing. I guess I'm very lucky that I've never had anyone say or imply that I can't do this. I'm especially thankful for my friend Andrew. He and I have discussed my weight issues a lot over the past 4 years and he has always been very positive and encouraging.

dragonwoman64
08-03-2009, 04:00 PM
a neighbor friend said to me not too long ago: you've lost so much weight, don't get too skinny! :lol:

we were out this weekend near the park and saw a guy from gym with his family that I see all the time and talk to. he said to bf, she's doing great! I can see the difference :D

it is really nice to hear those types of comments.

vixxi
08-03-2009, 04:04 PM
I went to a wedding this past weekend and my boyfriend told me i looked beautiful! So sweet!

lottie63
08-03-2009, 04:09 PM
WOW!

This is great! :)

SnowboundChick
08-03-2009, 04:35 PM
My best friend and husband tell me all the time that I look great and how proud they are of all my hard work! BF is more flamboyant in her praise but it's really nice to hear.

kiahna23
08-03-2009, 05:25 PM
my husbnad saw me naked and said "damn baby your @ss is looking right!"...He is sucha flirt...lol...I know Im losing weight now! Thanx hubby.

Pita09
08-03-2009, 05:32 PM
When I picked up my completely self-absorbed daughter at the airport one of the first things she said to me after not seeing me for two months that I looked thinner. Wow!!

My most incredible boyfriend is the most supportive person I've ever met. He really believes in me and that I will lose my weight. He never once throws in my face that I've yet to accomplish this goal, he just keeps encouraging me to do my best and to never give up on myself. I adore him!

DCHound
08-03-2009, 05:39 PM
My next-door neighbor said: "I always thought you were pretty, but now you are the most beautiful woman I know in real life."

Of course, he was tipsy at the time...LOL. But, he's gay, so he definitely has no ulterior motives. It would be nice to believe him...I'm trying, anyway.

lottie63
08-03-2009, 05:45 PM
DC if that is you in your pic you are absolutely lovely! ;) hehe!

on a serious note, BELIEVE HIM. :) http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/178320-you-beautiful.html

Gay men are the best, btw. ;)

LeslieB
08-03-2009, 05:50 PM
I was in Avenue today shopping for clothes and 2 ladies and I got chatting. When they found out about my weightloss they both gave me a hug. It was really sweet !!

lottie63
08-03-2009, 05:53 PM
LeslieB, that is awesome! I have had similar happen to me at Lane Bryant! :D

I got the best pair of boots from online avenue.

They are high on the calf, have a semi chunky heal, zip up the side (with a stretch bit for comfort!) and they lace up the back. Very schmexay! :D

DCHound
08-03-2009, 05:54 PM

lottie63
08-03-2009, 05:54 PM
You are loverly. I am a fan of bangs.

:)

hehe

DCHound
08-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Well, who isn't? LOL!

ANewCreation
08-03-2009, 06:00 PM
My husband celebrates every little pound that I loose with much praise. He is totally willing to do anything and everything that he can to help me. One of my sons heard me on the treadmill and said to his dad--Mom is really working hard, isn't she? Another said out of the blue--You've lost weight, your stomach and face look thinner.

I haven't included alot of people in the fact that I'm loosing wt and it really isn't apparent to anyone but my family, who I have included so for now I'm just hearing good stuff from the immediate family. I know when I go to see my doctor she will be full of praise--she is always very encouraging whenever I loose even a couple of pounds.

I am blessed!

lottie63
08-03-2009, 06:00 PM
True! :D

Let's see...

When I went home to visit, my mom told me that my boobs and shoulders look so much smaller, she also said that I"m "getting a nice waist"

:D

nooch
08-03-2009, 07:14 PM
My FIL, who I may have referred to as the least observant person ever (the man did not notice when I went from waist length to above-shoulder length hair) is telling me how awesome he thinks I am doing.

My husband cannot keep his hands off of me - and I know it is because I am generally more receptive to attention because I am happier. I didn't realize how standoffish I was coming across to him until I saw how he has reacted to my actually being happy.

My brother, an athlete & gym teacher who I always felt was ashamed of me when we were kids, is cheering me on like you would not believe.

lottie63
08-03-2009, 07:25 PM
nooch, awesome! Congrats on the lbs lost and isn't it great to have a supportive fam? Wish we all could!

kiramira
08-03-2009, 09:28 PM
OK, so I ride my ebike to Hot Yoga and I am wearing the pants I bought in January, and the Yoga teacher says:
"For GOD'S SAKE, buy some new PANTS. Those ones are HANGING off you!!!"

:D

Kira

Windchime
08-03-2009, 09:31 PM
I bought a cute pink t-shirt the other day that says "WSU Cougars" on it (my son goes to WSU). The "WSU" is in tiny glittery rhinestones! Anyway, I emailed a picture of the shirt to my son and he said, "That looks like a skinny mama t-shirt! I'm so proud of you!" That made me feel really good.

Then the other day a male co-worker who I see infrequently came to our office and I went to his cube to say hi. He replied, "Hello, skinny!" LOL. It's a little thing, but it made me feel good.

Oh.....final thing. A male co-worker saw me at the local college summer league baseball game (in my pink "skinny mama" t shirt) and did a double-take. Yeah, buddy, that'll teach you for not asking me out when you had the chance! heheheheh

girlonfire
08-03-2009, 10:18 PM
My doctor(who actually is friends with my mom) told me that I looked like I've lost weight and that I have muscular legs! Of course, she hadn't seen me for a couple years, but it was good to hear!

kiki100
08-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Great thread!!

My mom is super supportive...always comments on how I look.

Hubby while he doesn't say alot...likey. I can tell. ;)

My son revels in the fact that he can now put his arms around me (with room left over!! Hee hee)

My friend tells me my butt looks great in my skinny jeans!! LOL...love her!!

My hubby's uncle didn't recognize me!!
And people I haven't seen in a while take double takes!

These are the things I find most encouraging...I love my friends and family, honestly...I don't think I would be as successful with this journey if it weren't for them.

Thanks Lottie...what a great feel good way to share!!!

better health3
08-03-2009, 10:45 PM
I helped my parents eating habits. I usually have 3 different vegtables for dinner. We no longer do the massive food fest come each holiday. At first I was sad to see it go, but if I can prevent myself from having a heart attack or full blown diabetes for the rest of my life--it is so worth it.

My parents no longer have bread and butter for every dinner either. My dad lost weight at his last drs. appt. Our entire family has cut back on desserts and eats fresh fruit instead.

bargoo
08-03-2009, 10:45 PM
I saw a friend I hadn't seen in a long time, she said the only way she recognized me was by my voice !

CLCSC145
08-03-2009, 11:12 PM
I don't hear much from others, good or bad (hmmm, maybe because I'm a hermit?), but I do find I'm feeling kinder toward myself when I see my reflection. Parts of me look great and it makes me happy. Less negative self talk is a good thing indeed.

AngelicLyna
08-04-2009, 12:39 AM
My mom tells me everyday to "keep up the good work" and my dad tells me that models won't have anything on me when I reach my goal, he's funny. My fiance helps me a lot with my diet, he reminds me to step away from the junk food. But no one that I live with can see my weight loss, I've lost sooo much too! I can't wait till see my sister, she's the only one that lives far away, she would be able to see the difference.

JulieJ08
08-04-2009, 11:56 AM
My family / friends used to say lots of nice things, but not so much anymore. However, that kinda says a lot in itself (I've been about my current weight since near the beginning of the year) and is nice too :)

better health3
08-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow. I am happy for so many people.

I saw a friend I hadn't seen in a long time, she said the only way she recognized me was by my voice !

This is the best compliment. I am thrilled for you.

MsDiana 08
08-04-2009, 12:09 PM
my friend/classsmate at school always tells me that i am the most beautiful woman in the world. Everytime he sees me eating some very low cal snack, he tells me that I don't need that. When I post on my facebook that I am headed to the gym, he tells me I don't need the gym. :) He says I am perfect the way I am.

jenhai
08-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Ok, I have four major positives that I have collected for recall at needed times.

* DH says oh my goodness, you are getting SO small I can wrap my arms around you almost 1 1/2 times. DS says mommy you look so skinny!

* Neighbor and her sister say (they gave 5'7 perfect runner's bodies) "You are my inspiration, you are looking so good."

* Friend at university asked my were did I get my little wrist from . . . and why is it that I am so much stronger than she. Ummm, because when you are eating hohos and crusin' the internet all night long, I am bustin' my butt and counting calories.

* BIL and SIL visited last week and I haven't seen them in 1.5 years. And SIL saw me walk into room first time and said, "Hey skinny mini . . . you are making me look BAD (she gained 30lbs). Then she reported (after they returned home for a week) that BIL said that I was looking great and that he remembers that I was HOT :o when hubby and I got together. He continued to say that he can see my old hot mamma shape comming back. She said he was embarrassed (or frightened that she might pounce on him ) to say it to her , but she understood. :^: