100 lb. Club - Im fat! AND I can run!

View Full Version : Im fat! AND I can run!

MugCanDoIt
08-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Yes Im fat. But I can run! :running:

My running is improving so very well! Im slowly working my way up, and currently cant run that far. But I sure am improving! Ive ALMOST gotten to where I can run a whole block without stopping. For me, that is a totally awesome victory!:carrot: Im so proud of myself because at 145 lbs when I was younger, I couldnt even run as far as I can now!

I started out in January huffing and puffing, just walking around outside. Now I can run!!!

Onederchic
08-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Awesome!! Congrats :hug:

rileyozzy
08-03-2009, 12:11 PM
I know that feeling!!! When I started I couldn't run a full minute! You rock!!!

lottie63
08-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Congrats! I can't WAIT to run. Ithink I'd really like it. My left knee gives me trouble sometimes, and my boobs are way too big to try to run now, but maybe when I get down to where you are I will give it a shot. :)

scarletmeshell
08-03-2009, 12:20 PM
That is sooooooooo wonderful. Congrats!

Shannon in ATL
08-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Congratulations Mug!

Lottie -FYI, I have several friends who are, shall we say, gifted in the boob department who wear the Enell Sports Bra (http://www.enell.com/index.php) to run in (and for other sports too, I believe) and say that they don't have any problems.

kisskisskill
08-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Congrats! I will probably be this excited when I can tackle a couple flights of stairs without huffing and puffing lol.

lottie63
08-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Congratulations Mug!

Lottie -FYI, I have several friends who are, shall we say, gifted in the boob department who wear the Enell Sports Bra (http://www.enell.com/index.php) to run in (and for other sports too, I believe) and say that they don't have any problems.

I looked on enells site but they only go up to a DDD/F I believe and I am an H.

But once I can fit into one I will definitely invest! :D

diyana
08-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Congratulations! :cp: :cp: :woohoo:

rockinrobin
08-03-2009, 01:06 PM
:bravo::bravo::cp::cp::cp::bravo::bravo:

Oh Mug, this is absolutely, positively, FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! Look how far you've come! I'm so unbelievably happy for you! Look what you've accomplished. Amazing. Simply amazing.

Windchime
08-03-2009, 01:08 PM
I looked on enells site but they only go up to a DDD/F I believe and I am an H.

But once I can fit into one I will definitely invest! :D

I'm a G and I ordered one awhile back after hearing how great they are. I ordered by measurement and got what I thought was the correct size, but once I got it on I found that there was still quite a bit of bouncing going on. Drat!

Bonnie+J
08-03-2009, 01:12 PM
huge congrats!!!! :carrot: i have just began running so your post really pushed me on today! well done sweetie, you are achieving something every day! :high:

gaarmywife2007
08-03-2009, 01:15 PM
That is so awesome!!! Congrats!

salsa chip
08-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Yes Im fat. But I can run! :running:

My running is improving so very well! Im slowly working my way up, and currently cant run that far. But I sure am improving! Ive ALMOST gotten to where I can run a whole block without stopping. For me, that is a totally awesome victory!:carrot: Im so proud of myself because at 145 lbs when I was younger, I couldnt even run as far as I can now!

I started out in January huffing and puffing, just walking around outside. Now I can run!!!

GO YOU! Running is so much fun and it's brilliant to hear that others enjoy it too :hug:

girlonfire
08-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Congrats! I just recently started running(I can only go about 2-3 min at 5.5 mph) and I can't wait to make a post like yours. You ROCK!

lottie63
08-03-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm a G and I ordered one awhile back after hearing how great they are. I ordered by measurement and got what I thought was the correct size, but once I got it on I found that there was still quite a bit of bouncing going on. Drat!

Really? What size did you order that was too big?

dragonwoman64
08-03-2009, 01:34 PM
wowsa! what a fantastic post. I'm so happy for you, I can feel your joy. and you worked to do it and accomplished it, which makes it that much sweeter.

momof5k
08-03-2009, 01:59 PM
WTG!! I am fat and I can run too! Isn't it awesome?!?

Idealmuse
08-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Congrats! I just recently started running(I can only go about 2-3 min at 5.5 mph) and I can't wait to make a post like yours. You ROCK!

5.5 is pretty fast at our weights. If you try slowing it down you'd be surprised how much longer you'd last. I probably can't go that long at 5.5 but at 4.5 (which feels silly slow the first time you try it but you get used to it) I can run for over 45mins.

Slashnl
08-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Way to go! That's great that you keep improving, too.

I'm working on it, too. I try to run at the gym, on the treadmill. Right now, I can go 1 1/2 minutes, then walk for 2 min, then run again for 1 1/2... on and on up to 25 minutes total. We just need to keep trying and keep improving.

Judy Lynn
08-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Right on Mug! You can do it!

Thighs Be Gone
08-03-2009, 07:27 PM
YAY! Go girl! Running is my weapon of choice!

toastedsmoke
08-03-2009, 08:43 PM
@ the ladies witht the big bosoms,

I too have been um... overly-endowed and am a J (though I can manage a H with a wider band) so finding a sports bra has been impossible for me so far. I do run though. I'm doing the C25K challenge and am in Week 3 running about 1.5 mins at a time now in intervals. I wear 4 bras (2 regular and 2 compression sports bras) at a time to go running which is NOT at all ideal but is much better than bouncing myself breathless.

@ original poster,

Congrats. I think running/runners are so beautiful. The way the body moves when its running, like everything in concert, it's so graceful. I see people running and I'm like: "I wanna do that too" and so I completely understand your excitement.

canadianangel
08-03-2009, 08:54 PM
congrates! you must feel amazing, and very proud of yourself. Keep up the great work!

ang

TaraLee
08-03-2009, 09:09 PM
For the Enell Shoppers/Ladies having a hard go of finding a sports bra... they customize for those who don't fit into the standard sizes they offer. I have no idea how much more this would be but there's an option.

For OP and all other runners WTG!! I'm still working on walking, hope to start running in a little bit.

kuhrisuh
08-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Way to go!! Keep up the good work!! :carrot:

lottie63
08-03-2009, 09:18 PM
OMG I just checked enell, and I can order a size 6!!!!! I was wrong!

YAY

Idealmuse
08-03-2009, 10:01 PM
I've had Enells in 2 sizes and they have worked really well... although I've found that since losing as much as I have I can finally wear normal sports bras as long as they aren't light support ones. My chest was one of the first things to go "poof" in my weight loss. Sigh.

lottie63
08-03-2009, 10:10 PM
my chest is the last to go. ARGH.

MugCanDoIt
08-04-2009, 11:18 AM
I ran 1/2 mile last night! :carrot:

It liked to killed me though...I plopped down on the couch when I got back and had a terrible headache. But I did it! Woo hoo!:D

lottie63
08-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Does it not bother your knees at your current (or higher? Didn't you say you ran at my weight?)

my left knee gives me trouble. I"m thinking of trying glucosamine/chondroitin. *Sp*