LA Weight Loss - Losers and Friends 3 -9 August

View Full Version : Losers and Friends 3 -9 August

aguerin
08-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Good Morning All!

Where is everybody? Its 9:00 already.

I had a great weekend. Stayed on Plan for the most part. Hope everyone else did also.

Congrats Mary and Welcome to ONEDERLAND!

JLem311
08-03-2009, 11:25 AM
hello all.

so i'm done with day 15 (IN A ROW!) of the 30 day shred. :) so i'm halfway done. and when i'm done with the 30 days, i think i'm just gonna start it over and probably try all the advanced moves or switch it up and do different levels each day. i like this workout, it's hard, makes me sweat, gets in cardio, strength, abs all in one. and it's 20mins. so i can do it, shower and be done all while baby X naps usually. i think it's one of the best 20min workouts out there. so i'm gonna keep it up. i'll probably switch to working out just monday-friday instead of 7 days a week though.

anyways. i hope everyone had a good weekend. i had a really good sunday with my hubby. my former DH watched baby X for a few hours yesterday morning and i surprised my hubby with a coffee date! just the two of us. we haven't gone anywhere alone yet since before the baby, so it was nice. he was very surprised and happy..even if i did wake him up at 6am so we could be ready and out the door by 730am. (i even got up at 5am on a sunday, to get my workout in so we could go on our morning date!)
my parents are FINALLY coming to visit and meet baby X this coming weekend, so that should be nice :) my brother and his wife had their baby about a week and a half ago (a girl named Bailey Linn) and my sister is due with a baby boy (William Andrew) any day now. so needless to say, our family christmas will be full of babies! :)

anyways, that's about it. gonna finish my green iced tea, and blueberries, soymilk and fiber one. and then lots of laundry to do, it seems.
be back later!

JerseyMadchen
08-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Morning guys!

I am so nervous today! We went and found the PERFECT house for us yesterday and are supposed to hear about it today. APparently there is someone who is "interested", but they should know today what's going on. Our credit union owns it, as it was foreclosed on, and it needs a lot of work.

The previous owners started an addition, and got it about 85% done before running out of money. The main part of the house has 1800 sq ft, and the addition adds 900 feet. This house is INCREDIBLE. Oh, and it's on 1.86 acres. Four bedrooms, 3.5 baths, all hardwood floors, ahh!! We feel we have some wiggle room with the price considering it's been abandoned since last October, there are NO appliances (including the central air unit), and there is some work to be done on it besides the addition.

Out front the view is cornfields, and out back the beautiful mountains!! I am soo excited, and totally setting myself up for dissapointment, but I want this house!!!!

Anyways, other than that, not much going on! My workout buddy who I worked out with for 3 weeks won't talk to me. I wanted to take last week off as I was so upset that I wasn't losing. All I asked her for at the time was ONE day off. We always work out at my place for the On Demand. Oh, and she and her kids were REALLY sick, coughing all over the place (and not covering their mouths!) I didn't want to get sick.

Now she wont talk to me,or answerany texts/FBmessages. WHATEVER.

I am going tolook into joining a tennis club somewhere in the area. There are a few country clubs around, so I am sure it's possible.

Well, Iseem to have written a novel here, have a great day guys!!

JLem311
08-03-2009, 11:56 AM
amy, that is so ridiculous about how your workout buddy is acting! wtf? be courteous and an adult! sheesh!
good luck with the house and finding a place to play tennis!

BarbaraB
08-03-2009, 04:24 PM
I have bought the 30 day shred, and shredded one day. It was not as bad as I feared it would be, but I've got weak shoulders, so that was tough.

So one day down... 29 to go. Jillian is inspiring me to keep with it!

Jersey Amy, Good luck on the house... If you don't get this one, there will be another house to fall in love with too.

Mary, congrats on the onderland.

I also bought Jillian's book, Mastering your Metabolism. I am trying a lot of the things she says. Biggest thing for me was limit your caffiene, which now that I'm thinking about it LAWL also asked you to do this.... funny things that you think don't make a difference but probably do in your weight loss...

JLem311
08-03-2009, 04:34 PM
glad to hear that you're starting the Shred dvd too, barbara! :)
you know, i've been cutting out alot of my caffeine as of lately (no more 4 shots of espresso in the mornings) and just been drinking iced zen green tea and i don't know if that combined with my constant exercise and staying on plan helped me break my plateau, but i'm gonna stick with it and see!

Heather5
08-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

It has been about 2 months since I have posted here. The end of the school year gets really busy and at the same time I got a new job for the fall. This summer is flying by and it is only going to get busier.

Amy -- Good luck with your house! I remember buying my first house and it could be so nerve racking while you waited to see if you got the deal! It sounds like it is a great house! My favorite part was being able to make the house mine by taking down wallpaper, painting, etc.

Have a great day!

Heather

zambejaly5
08-04-2009, 10:54 AM
HEY! JILLIAN!!! over here!!! ...... HI!!!!!!

JLem311
08-04-2009, 10:55 AM
day 16 done! over halfway now! yey!

JLem311
08-04-2009, 10:57 AM
well hello there Lettie...lovely to see you this morning!

zambejaly5
you too! it has been so long! ha!

zambejaly5
I even updated my f'n ticker.........grrrrr

zambejaly5
08-04-2009, 11:00 AM
I gotta admit though it is good to be back. there are just some things I don't feel like splattering all over FB, that I would here

aguerin
08-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Good Morning all.

I have some obstacles to overcome this week. Wednesday we are having a cook out here at work so I will have to try not to over do it. Then Friday, I will be in D.C. for a PicNic and flying home late that night. Its hard to be OP when you don't have access to the food you CAN eat. AND, I am up 3 lbs from Saturday, eating on plan, No Cheats, because of STEROIDS and antibiotics!!!!! UUUGGGGHHHHH!!!

Amy - Good Luck on the house. Don't bite off more than you can chew with repairs, repair cost and a mortgage.

Hey Lettie - Are you giving LAWL another try? If not, what are you currently doing?

JLem311
08-04-2009, 12:17 PM
I even updated my f'n ticker.........grrrrr

good! i know it sucks to do it, but once you see it start going back down in the right direction, you'll be glad you did! good job on taking the first step!

JerseyMadchen
08-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Hey guys!

We're going at 12 to the house to meet up with the home inspector, then hopefully puting in an offer this afternoon! Ahh!! I am so excited!

The good news is that the home is move-in ready, the only initial costs are going to be a fridge and a sink. (There are NO appliances there now, except for an oven.) Thanks for the advice DixieAmy- after this mortgage crisis, we're especially careful! There is a 900 sq ft addition that is 85% finished, bt there is NO rush to complete it. The main house is MORE than enough space for me and DH.

Yey, the process of moving is going to do WONDERS for me dietwise. (SARCASM) If we can get a fridge soon enough, I will do my darndest to stay OP!

Well, have a great day guys! I will post some pics of the house soon!!

sweetandspicy
08-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Good Tuesday to you all!!!

Amy- good luck with the house. hope it all works out.

Barbara- great job on day one!! it gets somewhat easier..

Jillian- way to go on 16 days straight.- I misses Saturday so that puts me a day behind...

dixieAmy- medicine weight gain is the worst!! It will come off, you have been doing great!!!

Heather- good to see you again!!!

Kids started school yesterday!! I am so happy to get back in the swing of things. Football offically starts tonight we have a scrimmage against some big ole farm boys so I am nervous for my boys. My MIL is doing much better she has been smoke free for 2 weeks which is wonderful for her and she has lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks, which I am sure it is fluid but sure wish I would loose like that!!! The baby I told you about last week is doing better and there may not be any permanent damage just some development issues and we found her a good home so hopefully she has a great life to look forward too. This week has been in the 90's and humid but it is August and totally expected.

BarbaraB
08-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Amy M, Well it sure ain't easier the second day! Ow! And Jillian Michaels can not tell time. That shred is almost 28 minutes not 20! I admit to being a clock watcher during exercise. So 2 days down. I know I won't make 30 in a row, since we are going camping next week and there are no DVD's in camping, but I can do 30 days of exercise in a row. So that is my goal. When I don't go to the gym or on a hike or bike ride, I'll do the shred. Hopefully the 3rd time tonight is the charm for it starting to get a bit easier.

It is also day 3 of one cup of coffee a day. I slept really great last night, so perhaps that is how makes a difference. Better sleep.

jewljz
08-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Hi guys! I've been kind of busy since finding my dog last week. I want to make sure he's exercised properly since he's used to running free for several hours a day and is now an inside dog, so I've been walking him twice a day for about 45 minutes each walk. I also got Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer, its not really 10 minutes total... its 10 min per workout and they recommend you do at least 2. It is a good workout, I've done it two days and have poured sweat each time.

I tried the kashi 7 whole grain pilaf yesterday, its DELICIOUS! If you love brown rice, you gotta try this!

I'm going on 4 weeks no kids and some days am teetering on tears on and off all day... I miss them, but they are having an awesome time in Colorado with grandma and grandpa!

anyway, just wanted to stop in to say hi!

Kristinx
08-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Hi Everyone, I am just checking in. Scale was up Monday as was to be expected after a long weekend and TOM about to occur...working hard this week to see a loss come Friday :)
WOrk is crazy busy and we're still trying to figure out mortgage stuff and having way too much fun this summer! haha. Camping this weekend for FH's ball tournament which should be fun, then hopefully a weekend at home finally next weekend!
I hope to attempt the 30 day challenge on Wii Active again once the weather cools off and I am not away so much. For now, the walks outside and just getting outside are feeling great :)

kimintexassahm
08-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi I've been looking around here the past couple weeks and decided to start LAWL. Since their are no centers in my area I've ordered the plan for home and am really learning a lot on the forum.

BarbaraB
08-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Welcome kimintexassahm, Is your name Kim?

kimintexassahm
08-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Yes my name is Kim. Thanks for the welcome!

equinetcan
08-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey everyone,

Still plugging away up here. Work is not good but it may be coming to an end a whole lot sooner than I expected. So stress just isn't the word right now. We go in every day unsure what bomb is bout to be dropped on us. But I am taking it one day at a time and try to unwind a bit at night when I am home. I am a natural worrier so that doesn't help things either. I may explore the back to school route if I do get laid off. I am checking into that option as well.

I actually haven't weighed myself in a little over a week so I don't know how thats going. But I haven't been eating enough - I know that. That's always my downfall. But maybe tomorrow will be better..

Have a good evening everyone. With all this talk of the shred - I may just have to think about ordering it. I keep tabs on you guys to see how its going first :)

kimintexassahm
08-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your job stress. I guess that is one of the good things about being a stay at home mom. Job stability. However, I do know stress and worry. My DH and I took the kiddos for a 3 mile bike tonight and that definitely helped me unwind.

Repo girl
08-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Happy Birthday Nicole!!!

:hug::celebrate::bday2you::bday2you::gift::balloon s::bday2::hb::hb::hb::woo:

kimintexassahm
08-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Good morning all. I finished my 2 days of TO and lost 2 lbs. Whoo hoo. Even if it is "water weight" the loss on the scale is enough to motivate me.
Amy when you go to buy a fridge check to see if Lowes or Home Depot has a floor model available. My DH and I bought a foreclosure and we got wonderful appliances for a great deal that way. Also if you have a habitat for humanity restore in the area, is another great way to find deals.

JLem311
08-05-2009, 11:06 AM
happy birthday nicole!!! hope you're enjoying your day!

so I'm done with day 17 of the 30..and I decided to do level 3 today..boy was that a mistake! too much jumping for me. i'm going back to level 2 tomorrow. just not ready for level 3 yet...but I will be eventually.

jewljz
08-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Happy birthday Nicole,I almost had a typo and spelled your name with a 'd' instead of an 'e' at the end... sorry ;)

Welcome Kim! Not too far from you, is it hotter than **** there also??? I think so as I was just there a couple of weeks ago and didn't feel any cooler!

aguerin
08-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Good Morning All!

Things are looking up for me scale wise. I have finished the steroids, so the scale is moving back down.

AmyM. Glad to hear about your MIL and the baby. Good luck with school starting back. Does that mean somewhat of a break for you with all the kids in school, or double your load with all the extra school work?

Welcome Kim.

Happy Birthday Nichole.

Katie: Whats up with your posts? Only the HB to Nichole for this week? Are you cutting back on posting too? LOL

Alannah: Have you started looking for another job yet? Are you in a specialized field with minimal opportunities? It must be horrible not knowing what each day holds when you go in to work each day.

BTW: The office cookout is starting. I'm not worried. Not even interested in more than the 3oz beef patty that I can have with lettuce, tomato and onion. I brought my Double Fiber Bread so, I'm good. I will let you know if I cave. :o)

kimintexassahm
08-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Julie--it is hot here, that's why I'm so glad I have a treadmill in our bedroom (used and outdated but hey it works) we have to wait until 730pm to go on our bike rides and the kids come back home with pink cheeks just from riding in the trailer.

Hoochie
08-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Hey everyone, its been so busy this week that I haven't had time to post. Monday was a holiday and yesterday I was up to my eye balls in paperwork. I have been walking every night still including last night with the storm clouds hovering above me. Thank God it didn't rain until after I got home. My DH is walking with me so its awesome.
My eating habits have been okay this week although I haven't been following the plan, I have been eating quite healthy. We have had lots of fresh veggies and fruit in the house lately which has been awesome. I am down to one shot of expresso every morning, no more. Now I just need to cut a bit more red meat out of my diet and then I will start looking good.
So I think I am getting another puppy!!! Its been two months since I put my Cocker Spaniel down and I swore I would never do it again but my little bichon is so lonely that he follows us everywhere we go. I am going to go look at a Yorkie/Daschound cross tomorrrow. She is just a little thing. My heart just patters when I see pictures of her. I hope I am ready for another pup! They are like babies if I remember correctly.
I will catch up with personals later

Joan

aguerin
08-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Well Just wanted to say that I made it through today's cookout without cheating or nibbling. That is major for me. But like I said before, I am committed to this diet plan and so far I am about 3 1/2 weeks into being on plan. I think once the cheating starts, it never stops, so I am trying to maintain control.

Good Luck with the pup Joan, she sounds like she is going to be a real beauty. Plus, they do help you get over the ones you have lost.

Clanori
08-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Good afternoon everyone.School has officially started Yeah.Now I will get back on track.My 2 oldest daughters are freshman and sophmore this year.It is so hard to believe.I am homeschooling my youngest daughter again this year and my niece who moved in with us.Good news is I only gained 3 pounds during there summer break so hopefully it will come off rather quickly when I get back on plan.I would like to do a vegetarian version of the plan at least 3 times a week.If anyone has any food suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.Hope everyone is having a great week.

zambejaly5
08-05-2009, 10:13 PM
So no Nicole anywhere on her birthday! hmmph....

I did day one of the shred. just about killed me, but it can only get better from here......... right??

JerseyMadchen
08-05-2009, 11:57 PM
Hey guys!!

Lettie- Day #1 and 2 are the WORST. I recommend taking a day off between 2 and 3, that's what I did. It was enough for my quads to heal, and I was ableto do more on day 3. Some people may insist you go 30 days straight, but it's up to you. I was in MAJOR pain, so I understand. It was torture to try and go to the bathroom!

Nicole- Happy Birthday!!

Jillian- you're such an inspiration! Keep up the good work!

Well, the inspection went really well, just minor cosmetic issues, nothing even totalling $1000. We had to findanother real estate agent, but that's ok. We're drawing up papers tomorrow for an offer!! I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED!! As os this past Sunday, we were just waiting until at least September, but then saw this house and decided this was it!

We went to Home Depot tonight to look at mowers and a fridge. I picked out an AWESOME LG fridge.. top of the line, absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Who thought appliances could be beautiful?? We have to take measurements tomorrow to make sure it will fit in the alcove!

I will put up at least a picture of the outside for those of you who dont have Facebook...

sweetandspicy
08-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Good Thursday to you all...The football game went great. My quarterback was the star of the game, my other son only got to play for a few minutes so that is hard to deal with, but maybe he will work harder. I was quite nervous and felt like I ate the entire game. I guess I eat when I am nervous. I was giving the baby cheezits and before I knew it I was eating them too and not even realizing it..I am going to have to get that under control and take healthy snacks with me..

First Happy late Birthday to Nicole!!! Hope it was a great One!!!

Jillian- great job on 17 days of the shred. I am on Day 14 I think but I am scared to move to level 3 just yet. I will probably at least wait until day 20 to move up or try to move up. I got my DH to video Baby Drew trying to jump rope and do jumping jacks I will see if I can get it to down load it is the cutest thing ever. Also he tried sit ups and he even grunts, which is funny because I don't grunt..

DixieAmy- It is easier in someways to have the kids in school. I love the early bed time but the homework has already started and that is a total bummer. Great job on not giving into the temptations of the cook out. Lately I have let the sampling get out of hand.

Amy- I hope everything works out with the house. Pay close attention to everything in the closing. That is where we got screwed but were later refunded but it still sucked at the time. Also pay attention to what the real estate agent is taking as comission. They can be tricky too.

Ohhh I bet Texas is so hot right now!! hope you girls get some relief

Joan- great job on the fruits and veggies..I love yorkie dogs, my nephew got one for Christmas and she is so cute and cuddley. She does not like their other dog though..

Hope everyone has a great on plan day!!!

Luckybustert
08-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Back from vacation, back on plan. We had a good time, but it's great to be home again.

Happy Birthday Nicole!

Welcome Kim!

Congrats on the house Amy! I really do get the part about appliances being beautiful - hope the fridge fits into your alcove like you want.

Hang in there Amy dixiechick, the medicine weight does come back off. (Just really aggravating while it's on!) Hope you did well at your cookout yesterday, and good luck with the picnic on Friday. It's hard to stay on plan at those kinds of events at times, sometimes all you can do is make the best choices out of things that aren't ideal.

Amy M, having the kids back in school must give you a little more time for yourself - enjoy!

Barbara - I'm also a clockwatcher when I use exercise DVDs. And about 20 minutes in I'm ready for it to be over. If I'm on the treadmill or other cardio machine, I can watch TV shows or listen to audiobooks on my iPod and I don't look at the time at all - just get started and the next thing I know 45 minutes is gone and, if it's an audiobook I've got going, I'm wishing I didn't have to stop.

Everyone else - hello and hope you're having a fabulous week!

zambejaly5
08-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Amy- you are so right about the going to the bathroom part! OUCH!

Love the house!! I am so excited for you guys!

JLem311
08-06-2009, 11:23 AM
day 18 of the 30 done!

JLem311
08-06-2009, 11:28 AM
lettie--the shred hurts the first few days, but it gets better. don't give up!

jewljz
08-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Amy & Lettie - I know about the bathroom part as well, when I first started working with the trainer there were days that I wished my toilet was taller!

Suzanne - The 10 minute trainer actually has a little time indicator on the screen, which I think really helps, the time goes by really quickly so by the time I look at the indicator there's only a few minutes left and it motivates me to keep going.

My DH and I went running last night, I don't know if it was because I had done legs earlier in the day or because it was still 100 degrees at 8pm that made me so tired, I thought I was gonna die!!!

Lori - beans are an excellent vegetarian protein!

JLem311
08-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Good afternoon everyone.School has officially started Yeah.Now I will get back on track.My 2 oldest daughters are freshman and sophmore this year.It is so hard to believe.I am homeschooling my youngest daughter again this year and my niece who moved in with us.Good news is I only gained 3 pounds during there summer break so hopefully it will come off rather quickly when I get back on plan.I would like to do a vegetarian version of the plan at least 3 times a week.If anyone has any food suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.Hope everyone is having a great week.

i'm a vegetarian..and what i do for protein is lentils (i've made an awesome lentil burger recently!), natural peanut butter (low sodium ones though and only once in awhile), cottage cheese, egg beaters, soymilk, edemame, soy products (crumbles, burgers, fake chicken breasts, nuggets--watch out though--most of these products are high in sodium), i use slim fast sometimes, but it's not made with soymilk so it's not something i drink alot due to me being lactose intolerant.

hope that helps a bit.

aguerin
08-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Happy Thursday all.

The boys made it home last night around 9:00 pm from the Grand Canyon tour. Everyone was ready to be back home. My mom said they were ready to come home and I was ready to bring them. LOL. They did have a good time, but I think they had a meltdown on Monday which prompted the trip cut shorter than planned.

Not much else going on for me. Where is Dan and what is up with you Katie?????? Why no posts this week?????

Amy - Jeresey: The best way to see what is going on with your financials in your mortgage is do your own calculations. Same way with buying a car. Find an amortization calculator and see what your payments should be. That way if you are even $2.00 over, you can ask where thats coming from. Insurance, hidden fees, higher percentage rate than you agreed on, etc. Again, good luck with your offer.

Jillian: Good Job on staying committed to the shred.

I will see everyone again on Monday, and I hope to have a BIG WL by then from being off the sterioids.

Clanori
08-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Had a great day yesterday.Got through my first day homeschooling both girls and no meltdowns.Today has been an OP day so far.It is very exciting and almost a relief to be back on program.The 30 day shred sounds interesting I think I will have to check it out.Sounds like it is just the ticket since I am unable to get to town right now and go to the gym.Hope everyone is having an OP day.Oh and thanks for all the vegetarian suggestions.

Hoochie
08-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Lettie- The first day of any new exercise is usually killer because you are using some muscles that you are not used to using. I love walking but the minute I do weights, I can't move my arms the next day. Good for you to start the shred. I have been wanting to also do it but just haven't.
By the way, I love your new picture that you put up. You look great!

Amy- I bought a new fridge and stove a couple of months ago and I was so excited about them so I totally know how pumped you are about new appliances. Its funny!

So I bought a puppy last night. I put a photo of her on my profile picture. She is a lively one. It's like having another baby. We haven't agreed on a name for her yet but hopefully she will have one by the weekend.
My other dog doesn't quite know what to think of her yet. I think right now she is just a bit ticked off but I am sure that they will become friends over time. It's the jealousy thing!

Gotta run

Joan

equinetcan
08-06-2009, 08:48 PM
hey everyone,

I'm still here. Taking it one day at a time at work and waiting till we get more news. Hopefully mid next week maybe I'll hear more. This weekend I am going to get my resume up to date and get interview skills refreshed a bit. Then start applying for some stuff. There's not exactly a lot up this way but even if I stay where I am and get moved to anither position (not likely, maybe 50-50) I am going to look around as I don't think the company is stable and this could happen again any time.

Joan - the new pooch is adorable!

We have been trying all summer to nail down what's causing skin problems in Chancey (black lab). Now she is going to become a vegetarian...she doesn't know this of course but her new food is vegetarian. We are trying to see if maybe she is allergic to something in her food. She is so itchy its just awful at times. She's on some meds though to help that in the short term so her fur can recover where she keeps scratching at herself.

Hope everyone is having a good day...I'll check in later..

Alannah

BarbaraB
08-06-2009, 09:53 PM
I need to get back and do the shred tonight I guess. I did two days and then took a break... I don't think I can handle 30 days in a row. I'll leave that for you youngsters.

Tonight I'm also going to take a bike ride, as I bought a new road bike last weekend and I'm dying to try it out in a longer ride. We didn't pick it up from the bike store until late on Sunday though, so this is my first opportunity. We are thinking of taking a vacation in the San Juan Islands and doing a lot of biking there next month. I think I may be committed to going back packing too. We're going camping next week for a few days, and will probably do some long day hikes... my DH sent me a 13 mile round trip hike today, and I'm actually considering it.... which means we'll go. Any trail named Nanny Ridge sounds steep to me though....

JLem311
08-07-2009, 08:23 AM
done with day 19 of the shred! :)

Kristinx
08-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Wow Jillian, way to go with the Shred! If it's anything like the Wii Active 30 day challenge, you are my idol! At least on the Active we got rest days! lol

I am down another 1.2 lbs this week. Not as much as I need to keep on track to reach my goal but I'll take it! Maybe I can make up some extra next week...though we are going camping for a ball tournament this weekend so could be tough...would be better if I was actually playing but I just get to watch this time around :(

kimintexassahm
08-07-2009, 09:39 AM
We took the family yesterday to Fiesta TX San Antonio to see the Wiggles. It was a blast, but super duper hot (105) I was so worried I'd gain weight because we drank soda and poweraide all day. That's then only thing they will let you refill for free and you can't bring any drinks or food into the park. Luckily when I am hot I don't like to eat, so I ate fruit and my power bars. I ended up losing 2 lbs probably from all the walking and all the water I drank when we got on the road. My LAWL plan came in the mail yesterday and I can't wait to start this morning. We are going to Disneyworld in December and I really want to be down to at least 160. After all the walking yesterday my knees hurt so bad. I don't want to feel that way when we are in Florida.
Hope everyone has a great day!

Dan2112
08-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Good morning ladies! Sorry I continue to be AWOL... It's getting down to brass tacks time around my office for a huge conference we're putting on and I'm smack dab in the middle of it. I just haven't had a lot of free time to surf around and since I can get FB on my phone, it's been easier for me to post things there.

Glad to see y'all are hard at it.. Food has been a struggle for me lately for some reason, but I've been balancing it out with increased activity through biking, hiking and working out.

Liz is doing well.. She is re-joining WW with a friend from her office. We found that doing it on-line just wasn't working.. We miss that accountability from the two or three visits per week at our old COD.

That's about it and I'd better get back to work. Just wanted to poke my head in and say "Hi!" Thanks to the little birdy (Lettie) who let me know a couple of y'all had asked where I disappeared to. I'll try to do better about checking in more frequently.

Have a great weekend!

BarbaraB
08-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Dan! good to see your post!

Kristin, I'm going camping too! My plan is to focus on eating very healthy food and avoiding alcohol, since normally I do tend to drink a little beer when camping and I'm going to avoid that.... I bought a bunch of San Pelligrino water and I'll have that instead. I've been trying to focus on chewing each bite 30 times, as that really slows down my eating and gets me to decide that I'm satisfied with less. Anyway, I know that many fruits pack well for camping as well as veggies.

I had a wipeout on the new bike last night and decided to return it to the store and get a bit smaller one.... After the wipeout I didn't get any exercise done because I had sprained my thumb and it hurt like hades. I couldn't even hold a fork and thought that was a new weight loss technique. Feels better today though, although my knee is not going to be pretty for awhile.

sweetandspicy
08-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Good Friday to you all...
It seems to be a busy summer for us all. I can not believe it is already the 7th day of August. It will be Fall before we know it. I ahve not been eating well the past 2 weeks and I am not sure what has gotten into me. I am sort of afraid that my body is somewhat plateauing as I have not weighed 197 in 3 years and maybe my body thinks that was all I wanted it to loose. SO I must remind myself and my metabolism that is not enough. i missed the shred last night. I did however walk/jog for about 30 minutes on a track where my 9 year old was having a football scrimmage. It was very hot but I still kept at it and my youngest loves to stroll so it was easier than doing the shred with his help. Lately I have definately felt bloated and swollen. i have been drinking over 64 oz but I must be needing more. I just am dissapointed in myself.

zambejaly5
08-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Nice to see ya Danny Boy!

zambejaly5
08-07-2009, 11:07 PM
put it off too long today, didn't want to do it. did it anyway..... I just Shred day 3.

JLem311
08-08-2009, 08:07 AM
got up at 445am and done with day 20 of the 30 day shred! whoop whoop!

kimintexassahm
08-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Jillian that is so awesome. Way to be committed! Makes me want to dust off my shred dvd and start doing it. I was looking into maybe getting EA Sports Active for my Wii and trying it out. I've heard good and bad reviews and not sure if I want to spend 50$ only to waste it.

zambejaly5
08-08-2009, 11:42 AM
I need to get back and do the shred tonight I guess. I did two days and then took a break... I don't think I can handle 30 days in a row. I'll leave that for you youngsters.

oh stop it Barbara! age is a number, besides you aren't that much older than me. get off your fanny and move...

man...... I think JM is wearing off on me!

kimintexassahm
08-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Amy, when you say hot how hot is it in TN? I'm coming to Memphis next week and was hoping to escape the extreme heat here.

JLem311
08-08-2009, 02:49 PM
thanks kim! it sucks to get up so early especially 7 days a week, but I know if I don't do it in the morning, I never will..and somedays I have to get up at 44am because I have so many other thans to attend to and do in the mornings.
you could always resell the wii fit game on ebay and make a bit of your money back on it if you don't like it.

sweetandspicy
08-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Kim- Memphis is the hottest place in Tennessee. The issue here is the humidity if you are not use to it, it can be hard to breath!!!!

Jillian-Way to stay committed. I am ashamed I have slacked quite a bit this weekend, but today I am recommited to the shred....

heather314
08-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Good morning everyone!

I figured this is a good thread to start posting in :)
This is my second time around doing LAWL. I was at goal in September 2007, when I got pregnant with my second son and pretty much used the pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted :o. So here I am again LOL! I've been back on plan awhile, and have been lurking but wanted to join in! The only difference from last time around is I have a gym membership now and am there 5-6 times a week and doing blue plan instead of gold. The scale is moving ALOT slower this time and its frustrating!!
So anyway, HI everyone!! Have a great day!!