Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat - 8/3-8/9

View Full Version : Weekly Chat - 8/3-8/9

blessedwithsarah
08-03-2009, 09:05 AM
New pages!:devil:

blessedwithsarah
08-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Hi everyone. sorry for being MIA over the past week or so. I feel like I have not been posting as much, mostly to the fact I don't feel like I've been on track. I know I've been doing OK, but I haven't tracked. I am still happing doing the simply filling (old core) plan. I basically eat core foods. I need to be much more diligent on tracking non core foods. I have not weighed myself for a few days. I need to get back to that as well. Today is a new week. My goals for this week:
1. Track everything using my on line tools
2. Weigh myself on Wed am then Sat am AND record my SAT am wi. I've been using that as my official day.
3. I will bike twice this week and walk each night. I found a nice route to do on my bike -- it takes about 25 minutes.

I'm not setting my expectations high for the next 2 weeks -- as we leave for Maine in 2 weeks. I'd love to drop a few more pounds, but I'll take a maintain. I need to also not consider what I lose as room to gain on vacation. My niece thats coming with us also follows WW, last year we walked everyday. Sept 1 I need to focus on LOSING not just maintaining.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll BBL

Vickie
08-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Good Morning Chicks. I'm off to weigh in, errands, and babysitting. I'll be back later.

Tejas
08-03-2009, 11:21 AM
I forgot that it is Monday...it's a holiday here in Ontario...
Thanks for starting us Paula.

BBL

Rhonda

Vickie
08-03-2009, 01:17 PM
I gained .6. Not bad for a 2 day vacation that was all about the food. I've been firmly back on program since Wednesday. I'm convinced the 10 glasses of water a day are helping!

How much have you had today? I've had 4 and am taking 3 with me to babysit. Be back later!

ontarget
08-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Paula, I don't post much when I feel like I'm not doing well op-wise. Guess that's a big clue to all of you as to how I'm doing.

Vickie, that's not a bad gain at all for being on vacation. I am so proud of you.

Rhonda, what holiday is it? I'm glad you have the day off. I saw Doyle on Facebook today. It'll be good to keep in touch that way.

We're just taking it easy today. There may even be a nap in the works. Are we spoiled or what?

Tejas
08-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Sandra, it is Simcoe Day, named after a British family that was involved in "settling" Toronto...it's also a way of working in a long weekend in the summer...very smart.

I'm going to take a nap also, then start painting the LR/DR. I won't likely finish but I'll make progress.

Rhonda

TechAlum
08-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi all,

Just popping in really quick before I head out to the grocery store. While I'm still pretty off program I'm going to continue with my baby steps. Last week was no wine except Sat which I did so-so I we went out on Fri and I had a glass, plus Sat and Sunday; also I planned to walk 5-7 days, and I did walk 5; lastly I wanted to get my water in every day which I also accomplished. This week I will keep those 2 goals and add getting in my fruits and veggies I haven't been doing this lately.

I need to get moving I'll try to check back later. If I don't get a chance have a great night everyone.

-Tech

beach bum
08-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi

Just got home,I was out for most of the day,and wasn't able to post. Today was my W-I day and I lost only 1 lb this week,not the 3 that I thought I'd lose,some how they disappeared.But I take it. Today was my Low Calorie day and I was afraid of gorging on my food being and not eating any thing,but I surprised myself by controlling my eating and having just a salad with 1 slice of turkey.

Going to get my supper ready as I'm getting hungry,have a nice evening and I will post in the A.M.

Tejas
08-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi Everyone:

Well, Donna and Paula, you're still in the game and that matters a lot. I suppose it's all about reasonable goals that we can accomplish.

I was good today: spinning; breakfast of eggs, spinach and mushrooms; lunch of yogurt and fruit; and dinner of salad and 4 ounces of chicken breast. And, oh yes, 1/2 cup of ice cream...that's all, too, 1/2 cup only.

I've got the LR painted and 1/2 of the floor cleaned and "waxed." I'm using a product by Minwax that really spruces up old wood floors and it's easy to apply. I'm not so keen on all the chemicals, but, hey, I'm desperate here :lol:

Congrats on losing Maryann...and to Vickie for not gaining more!! Tomorrow is my WI. I'm hoping to maintain since we ate out a lot this past week.

I hope you all have a good night.

Rhonda

PS:
Sandra, DH joined Facebook at my encouraging. He won't likely be on it much, but I did tell him that he could find old friends that way. I've found lots of old friends from school and university. It's been fun.

ontarget
08-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Donna, baby steps are good. Just keep stepping forward and you'll get there.

Rhonda, you are amazing me. I am so proud of you. You're doing great.

Vickie
08-04-2009, 06:56 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I hope to be able to catch up with you all today. All that is on my calendar is swimming, I hope!

Why am I up at 5:30 in the morning when I'm retired?

Tejas
08-04-2009, 07:53 AM
Vickie, you're not being a good role model for me :lol: I know that I'm not going to be able to "sleep in" but I am going to be able to take naps in the afternoon when I'm retired.

OK, good start to my day. Fruit and toast for pre-exercise snack and leftover frittata for breakfast. Then, off to the office. We have more rain in the forecast after 2 real summer days. Enough already!

I don't know if I told you that we had a city workers strike, which included garbage, compost and recycling pickup. It went into its 6th week, but is now ended. We did OK since I have a composter in the back yard, but the recycling is out of control! The city was becoming messy but the workers got it cleaned up in a big hurry...that was good to see.

BBL,
Rhonda

beach bum
08-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

We both had a good night sleep,I guess the body needs a well rested night. I got up early as I forgot to take my osteoporosis pill yesterday,so I had to take it and than wait 1/2 before I could eat.

Nothing new,we have to go back to the doctor tomorrow afternoon.

RHONDA-Thanks, wish it had been more but I think I went to low on the calorie count,so I have tow watch that i don't do this same mistake again.Hope you had a nice holiday, taking it easy and relaxing.

PAULA-I was reading an article in Woman Day while waiting for Leo to get his pet scan done and read something about filling foods that if you eat them along with high fiber foods it will keep you from the BIG BAD HUNGER WOLF of binging and mindless eating. I really believe that to be true. I try to find higher fiber food everything I go out shopping.

VICKIE-Sorry about your gain,but to boot you did marvelous not like I did on my cruise I gained 8 lbs and still have 2 more to lose from that. You'll lose that in no time,it just some kind of water retention,you probably down today.

DONNA-We all have good & bad days on any WOE. Just take baby steps,and go easy on the wine.Two woman on another board are experiencing gains & dehydration from the wine that had drunk during the hot spell they had.

SANDRA-You'll get back to OP again,just take one day at a time. We each have to find a WOE that's good for us,so we keep on plugging along and it will happen.

Vickie
08-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Boy the day is just flying away. I apologize. I'll have to come back later to catch up.

ontarget
08-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Rhonda, sounds like you're having a good day eatingwise. Glad the strikers are back to work.

Vickie, we got up early for several weeks when the guys were building the porches. it's good to sleep in again.

Maryann, thank you. Curtis and I are planning to make getting back to the gym and eating op again after the 12th. Till then we'll do what we can. You're right. We can do it. We just have to get busy.

sloanie
08-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Busy, busy, busy first days of school! I wish it was next week already! I don't mind going back, I just hate the turmoil of the first few days. I think it's because I don't feel like I get much accomplished! I've done pretty well, food wise, so now I need to get back into the exercise! Rhonda, you are such an inspiration to me! I want to exercise as much as you exercise!

I have scanned the posts and have been thinking about all of you. Hopefully in the next few days, things will calm down and I'll be able to keep up!

Hope you all have a restful night! I'll check in tomorrow :)

blessedwithsarah
08-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Good evening everyone. Its been a good day food wise for me. It was a busy day. Dropped dd off at camp at 9, then went blueberry picking. I picked 9 pounds! I think I ate a pound while picking. They were perfect -- tons of ripe berries and not a lot has been picked yet. DD and I are going back on Saturday. I have 4 quart bags in the freezer and a big bowl for us to eat. I came home and then went grocery shopping, had lunch then ran some errands for DH. When done with that I did go for a 1/2 hour bike ride.

I'm loving biking. I really am pushing myself - rather than putting it into an easier gear to get up a hill (ok, small incline!), I really started pushing myself. It felt great. Then I had time to shower and then go get DD from camp. Then go dinner going in the pressure cooker, took DD to gymnastics, came home and had dinner, cleaned up, made blueberry banana muffins, walked the dog, got DD into the shower and now FINALLY am sitting down. I'm looking forward to going to work tomorrow so I can have a break! :)

Sloan, are the students back as well? We don't go back until Sept 2nd.

Rhonda, glad the strike is over! Must smell better :)

Maryann, I do find I do better with either high fiber or high protein. Thanks for the information.

Vickie -- how are things? Hope all is well. A small gain is nothing to worry about, you lose that plus next week.

Hi Donna and Sandra. Coco and Nancy - you still here??

Well, have a good night.

ontarget
08-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Paula, I'm here. Picking blueberries sounds so good to me. Curtis and I used to pick huckleberries up in the mountains. We had fun then got to enjoy the fruit of our efforts. :lol:

Sloan, I'm anxious to start subbing. This year I got to go back to school shopping. Felt like a kid again. Life is good.

Tejas
08-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Sloanie, I'm glad I'm inspiring you. I never would have thought I'd be doing this much. I'm out six days a week, doing something. I've found that having a class for spinning and a small group for "booty camp" is a help. It's more fun in a group. I am learning that three days in a row of spinning is maybe one day too many at this stage. The ligaments over my knees get very stiff.

Paula, I'm glad you're enjoying the biking and I wish I lived where that is safer. A lot of people ride bikes in Toronto but it scares me...there is so much traffic! Those blueberries do sound good. They're very plentiful up here in Ontario, and I eat lots of them on cereal or in smoothies...really, really good..

I hope you all have a good night. I'm not doing one lick of work at home tonight! Tomorrow my Godson is helping move more stuff to storage, and then I'll have more room to have an easier time of painting.

Good night all,
Rhonda

beach bum
08-05-2009, 08:48 AM

Have a busy day,going out to the center and see what the doctor says about Leo's Petscan.Hope it just a sinus problem and not the Big C again. I don't know how to handle the latter anymore.

Maryann, thank you. Curtis and I are planning to make getting back to the gym and eating op again after the 12th. Till then we'll do what we can. You're right. We can do it. We just have to get busy.

SANDRA-Glad that I could help. We all have busy days and don't have the time to eat right. Just as long as you get back, that's the main thing.The only thing please don't disappear from the chat.I have seen too many people on different boards that start gaining, leave the boards for good. Too me that the biggest mistake as every one needs support from other chat or board members.

Busy, busy, busy first days of school! I wish it was next week already! I don't mind going back, I just hate the turmoil of the first few days. I think it's because I don't feel like I get much accomplished!

SLOAN-Can't believe that it time for going back to school again. The seasons just come a go. I know that once the road race this weekend comes the tourist start leaving and the roads & shops get emptier than usual. Have a a great school year.

Maryann, I do find I do better with either high fiber or high protein. Thanks for the information.

PAULA- When ever I see a high fiber product in the super market I always buy it and along with the protein Keep me from nibbling needlessly.I found that the Fiber One has a yogurt with 5 fibers & its only 50 calories.

RHONDA-I like to thank you for helping this little chat with your spinning. I'm not doing it like your class teaches ,but I do feel a difference in moving faster on the bike than I used to do,and its fun doing it also.

Vickie
08-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to the treadmill for the first time in many, many, weeks.

It's time.

Tejas
08-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Maryann: One of the things that is done in class that would be easy to do at home is sprints. So, you start at a moderate pace and get comfortable with it, then for 30 seconds or so you go as fast as you possibly can...then back to more moderate...do that about 4 times. That's one of my favorite routines.

I hope everyone has a good day. DH and Godson have just loaded Godson's van and are taking stuff to storage. They will have to make two trips. I will enjoy being alone in the house and getting my work done with no one around!! Blessed quiet!!

BBL,
Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
08-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Rhonda, what is your timing on putting the house on the market?

beach bum
08-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks Rhonda I will try the sprints,that sounds easy enough. I been on the bike more than walking as the end of July and Aug is too hot to go power walking out doors.

Tejas
08-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Paula, we're trying for August 12, next Wednesday. I have only a few more walls to paint and some baseboards. Then we have to touch up the back porch, put stain on the front porch and clean up! I need to do just another few hours in the garden. We should be able to do that in a week. Hopefully, it won't rain for a few days.

The inspector pointed a few things which we'll have done, but they don't have to be done before we list.

All is well :rofl:

I'm off to the office. Then I might go to a meeting tonight of Americans living in Toronto who are concerned about what is being said (lies and misstatements) about the Canadian health plan in the U.S.

Rhonda

ontarget
08-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Thank you, Maryann. I promise you I won't disappear. I need y'all.

Rhonda, ;) ;) ;) on getting all finished by the 12th.

sloanie
08-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi chicks! Today was the first full day of school with students. Our calendar has changed. We will get a week for fall break, two weeks for Christmas break, two weeks for spring break, and eight weeks for summer. I think I'm going to like that fall break, but I don't see the need for extending spring break. Oh well, majority rules. Classes went well today, but the students are usually on their best behavior for the first few days. Next will tell the tale! The good thing is that I seldom have behavior problems in my room, even from the notorious ones. Eating was going well until DH handed me a cooler when I got home, oops! I guess I can count it toward wpa's :o

Paula-the blueberry picking sounds awesome! I remember that you did that last year, too. They are so good for you, so eating a pound of them was okay :D

Rhonda-I'm glad I'm not putting my house on the market. The remodeling has really screeched to a halt around here. I think we lost momentum when DH went to the hospital. Hopefully we will be back at it soon. I'm glad you have someone to help you with packing stuff. My DS has been a big help to us.

Sandra-I'm glad you are looking forward to subbing. There always is an excitement around the first days of school. What do huckleberries taste like?

Maryann-have you gotten any news from the PET scan? I hope Leo is okay!

Vickie-How was the treadmill workout? I have traded mine for a bowflex. DH and DS have wanted one for a long time and walking on the treadmill was aggravating my hip arthritis, so we traded it.

Hey Coco-hope you are doin' okay!

GTG get some lessons done for tomorrow. TTFN

Tejas
08-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Hi All:

It's quiet here today. I'm at the office, but headed back home to do more work.

At the park this morning during the personal training session someone stole my cell phone and house key right out of my fanny pack with the water bottle attachment. We were no more than 30 yards away from it! I went to get a drink and noticed that it had been moved, then discovered the theft.

There is likely no danger about the key but we're changing the key tumblers anyway. I got in touch with the cellphone people and have that all taken care of. But, I'm amazed...I've never had anything just swiped like that, and almost from right under my nose! Some people are desperate.

My eating is going well. We didn't have oatmeal at all this past winter but we had some for breakfast today....yummy :hungry: I've been really analyzing my diet by the Canadian Food Guide and I need more protein, I'm sure. I suppose I should really get more too since I'm exercising. It's too bad that I HATE soy since it's good for you. I can drink the "milk" if it's chocolate, but that's it for me and soy.

Sloanie, I like the sound of those breaks...don't complain about an extra week off, ever!!!! ;)

What's everybody up to today??

Rhonda

beach bum
08-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Its a bad day at good rock!!! Leo was diagnosed with cancer again,but the good news we caught it in time and its a big as a finger tip.He going to be treated once every 3 weeks for 3 months,and according to the doctor that should do it. Need prayers again. I was a nervous wreck after hearing the news,I was so sure that the coughing was due to his sinus problem.

He's going to our reg doctor for that this afternoon.

SANDRA-Glad to hear you won't be doing that. We all must stick together even thought we do different WOE.

SLOANIE-Oh no!! He's not ok, the cancer came back,see over post. Thanks for asking. Glad you had a good first day at school,and that the students behaved.

RHONDA-Oh my Goodness that's terrible to have your cell phone & house key stolen from your fanny pack. Did you see any one hanging around that looked suspicious ????? Glad you were able to stop the serve on your cell but now you have to change your door lock.

ontarget
08-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Sloan, huckleberries taste a lot like blueberries Enjoy your honeymoon. I hope it lasts a long long time.

Rhonda, that's awful about someone stealing your cellphone and key. I hope they get caught.

Maryann, :hugs: You and Leo are in my prayers.

Eatingwise, Curtis and I had chicken salad sandwich for lunch and saved saved half for dinner. That's pretty good I think.

We're just chillin' again this afternoon.

sloanie
08-06-2009, 06:12 PM
So far, so good! Day number two went well! I am starting a new type (for me) of teaching. It is called Layered Curriculum. All of the lesson is given to the student in the beginning of a unit along with choices for activities at the A,B, and C levels. Each student moves at his/her own pace, so everyone is busy. I have always struggled with a class where some students "whizzed" through an assignment and others took FOREVER! This way, everyone works all of the time. When one gets through the A level, he/she becomes a mentor for the struggling C level student. I am very excited about it, but it requires lots of prep work, so I am very busy. Once all of the plans are written, then all I will have to do is "tweak" the lessons as needed.

Rhonda-I'm glad the lousy thief was not out to hurt anyone. Hang in there!

Sandra-Unless I am way off base, I believe I am going to have a good semester! Thanks for the huckleberry info!

Maryann-I am so sorry about Leo's recurrance. Is he keeping his chin up? I think it is perfectly normal for you to be a nervous wreck. I will be praying for both of you. Let us know if there is anything we can pray for specifically. When my friend was diagnosed with leukemia, she asked different people to pray for very specific things. I prayed that the chemo would not make her mouth sore, and my daughter prayed for her skin. Everyone had something very specific. She is doing very well now; she is in remission, and her mouth and skin were not affected by the chemo!

I am off to write more lessons! TTFN

ontarget
08-06-2009, 06:21 PM
Sloan, I'm happy for you. And I'm looking forward to subbing. Got a phone call today about getting fingerprinted. My appt is the 15th.

sloanie
08-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Sandra-Better shake all of those skeletons out of your closet!:sklol:

ontarget
08-06-2009, 07:43 PM
:lol:

Tejas
08-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Sandra, I hope that they don't check out your cousins!!!

OK, Maryann, that is awful news. I would be a nervous wreck while trying to be "strong" whatever that means. But, as you say, at least it is caught early and perhaps that is going to do the trick for Leo. We are all going to pray for you, you know that.....in spades! :grouphug:

Rhonda

Vickie
08-07-2009, 08:18 AM
OMG Maryann, I'd be freaked out too. Please know that I will include you and Leo in my daily thoughts and prayers.

Sloan, I love your idea to pray for certain things. Focus. BTW, your new curriculum sounds awesome. I wish I had been taught in that environment. You sound excited. I would be too if I were a teacher. Although I'm sure there will be a transition.

Well, I'm off to eat and treadmill. I'm trying to do it every other day. Jim is on there now. I'm feeling ok. Now i've got a kidney stone brewing. It's always something, isn't it?

Sandra, I understand about not wanting to post when you are struggling. Someone said that is when we need the board the most. We learn from each other's struggles. Let us help. I promise to try to be here more.

Paula, I'm so inspired by picking and canning. I should look into it. I certainly have the time and would love the produce in the winter. How are you doing on program?

Rhonda, good luck with the house listing. It annoys me when I hear people bashing the Canadian system. I know from you and Frouf that it is a pretty decent system. The US could do worse. That's really horrible about your cell and keys. I'd definitely change the tumblers too. Are people that desperate?

Where are Donna and Coco? Maybe I should drop and email to Frouf and see if I can get her to come back. And.....Kathy is gone again. I guess we all have cycles! And not the riding kind.

beach bum
08-07-2009, 08:31 AM

Thanks for being there for us at the time again. This is the 3 bout with the horrible disease. I know your prayers will help him get though this treatment and he'll be in remission shortly.

SANDRA-Thanks for your prayers,they are well appreciated.When it to hot to cook or eat, a nice refreshing salad is the way to go. We have that many times in the hot summer months. I put fruit mixed in with my veggies,and than I mix salad toppers like shredded cheese & bacon bits though out, a little trick I learned from the chefs on the cruise.

SLOANIE-WOW your new plan sounds exciting and I think it might just be the plan everyone is look for. Working a his/her own level will make it easier for the slower ones.Good Luck in your plan,and maybe in the long run it will be easier for you to teach.

That one think about Leo,just like his sign He is a lion and will fight this again,he never give up. and I of course have to be is lioness to fight this with him.Thanks for the prayers,no I think the Lord knows what he can take,he has more faith than I do,so that gives him the strength.

RHONDA-Thanks for the prayers and you kind words.

TechAlum
08-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Hi All,

Sorry I disappeared this week. Like several others I find myself missing more when I'm not doing well :o

Maryanne - :hug: Sorry to hear about Leo. Hope everything goes well with his treatment.

Sloan - back to school already????? MI passed a law that schools who get state funding can't start before labor day. Your new lesson plan sounds cool, wish they would've had that when I was a kid (I was the bored in trouble kind) hope it works as well as it sounds.

Paula - :T mmmm blueberries. I haven't picked any in ages. But I love freezing stuff in season for winter. I have a different strategy for bike riding, I down shift to go up hill but keep pedaling down hill so there's minimal coasting, just keep those legs moving.

Rhonda - too bad about your cell phone and key. Glad you could get it taken care of quickly but what a hassle. Good luck getting the last of the stuff done before listing.

Sandra - :wave: have fun teaching.

Vicki - I can tomato sauce and salsas in Sept. Last year I bought a box of tomatoes at the farm market. It worked out really well we're just finishing the last jar of salsa. I don't necessarily enjoy the process but the product is great.

Well I should get moving. Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

coco99
08-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Hi Everyone
Just checking in for a few. Was able to get connected. Sometimes have trouble getting a connection.

BEACHBUM I am sorry to hear about hubby. Know that both of you are in my prayers.

Well the eating is going so well. And I didnt get to weigh in on Monday. I am afraid to go Monday. But will go and face the scales. And then get back on track. Why does the food always test better camping.
Well am going to get off here for now.
Hope everyone is doing ok. Thinking of each of you.
Talk to you when I get home.
coco

sloanie
08-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Mornin' y'all
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but the new lesson format is working well so far. I'm feeling very encouraged by my students' behavior this week. I don't have one single student that I have any concerns about. My eating is way off right now. I don't know if it's stress from starting school or just plain exhaustion. I'll go shopping today and will pick up lots of fruits and veggies. I plan to make the pumpkin/oat bread recipe (don't remember the name). I like to have that for breakfast because it is quick. I also need to plan for some afternoon and late night snacks, because those are my weakest times of day. Does anyone else have that problem?

Coco-It's good to hear from you. How are you feeling? I hope your "blues" have turned to "sizzling hot pinks"!

Rhonda-are you counting the days? I'll bet you are :dizzy: trying to get the house ready. Do you hate soy burgers? I personally detest tofu, but I love the morning star farms soy burgers, sausage, and chicken patties.

Sandra-When do you start subbing? I know you'll do a great job. Didn't you teach high school before? I remember that you were a teacher, but I can't remember what age you taught.

Vickie-How's that stone? I hope it is already passed. I've had two. Passed one and had the other removed with a scope. I'll be praying for that sucker to move on out! I hope you are not in too much pain :(

Donna-We started a little earlier this year. In Tennessee, many of the systems are going to a modified year round schedule. This is our first year. The schedule gives us more breaks and two weeks less in the summer. How is your DH? I hope you both are doing well.

Paula-How are you? The last time you posted it made me tired just reading about your busy schedule! I don't think I could keep up with you. Hope you have a restful weekend planned :D

Maryann-how was Leo's visit with his other doc? I have been praying for both of you.

I've got to get busy. I don't think remodeling is in my schedule this weekend as I need to clean, shop and cook, and write lesson plans. I'll try to check in later. Have a great Saturday everyone!

beach bum
08-08-2009, 10:03 AM

Got on the scale this morning and I'm holding my own from last W-I so I hoping by Monday W-I, I will be down some by than.

DONNA-Thanks,We both are in good spirits,its still small and the doctor thinks it can be stopped this time around.He's going for his first treatment next Wed and than the next will be in mid Sept and the third in Oct sometime.
Than another petscan will be in order,to determine if the treatments are to be continued or dismissed. We're hoping for the latter.

COCO-Thanks,it was a shock to us when the doctor told us it was back again. Leo was in remission just last November,but the greatest news it didn't spread to other sections like this non small cell is noted to do.

I think that when you on a camping trip you get hungrier when you in the open air of the out doors.

SLOANE- I used to get hungry in the mid afternoon and in the evening,but we changed our meals around and found it to work for us. Now that I counting calories differently I find on the high day I don't look for snacks that often as the low days have stopped me for that.

Thanks for the prayers.We really appreciate them,Leo went to the reg doctor and he give him some nasal spray and looks like its working. He doesn't bring up that mucus like he did before. He still coughs but that,s the lungs trying to clear itself up,so the chemo doctor told us.

Have a great day going back to the golf game this afternoon.

beach bum
08-09-2009, 08:25 AM

Got on the scale this morning to my surprise, I'm out of the 170's and into the 160's again,hope that # will stay for Mondays W-I. Than I know for sure that the H/L calorie counting is working for me ,and I will follow the method until I reach my first 10% of 150.

Have to get ready for church,have a great day as I'm going to the the movies to see Julie & Julia.

Vickie
08-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Congratulations, Mary Ann! Woo Hoo! I'll be excited when I see the 2 60's. I'm glad you found something that is working for you. Jim and I saw Julie and Julia on Friday when it opened. We liked it ALOT. Meryl Streep was awesome. I feel sorry for Amy Adams that her performance is right up there next to Meryl's. The reviewers are saying that she isn't that good but how fair is that?

Donna, I'm the same way as you are. I don't want to talk about it when I'm struggling. I'm trying to be better at that. What's going on with you that's standing in your way?

Coco! You are such a trouper. Just go weigh in. You might be surprised. I didn't realize you were camping again.

Sloan, I'm guessing that you are both tired AND stressed. Who wouldn't be with all that change. I HAVE to eat in the evening, even if I'm not hungry. So instead of fighting the urge, I just plan it into my day. Then I don't have to feel guilty. Looking forward to my Zone bar and glass of skim at night make me very happy and keep me on program during the day. I know if I mess up during the day that my bar goes off the menu!

No movement on the stone. I've had a couple before but only passed fragments after a lithotripsy. I'm such a coward. I really don't want it to pass. The worse pain has subsided for now. If it starts up again, I'll go for an xray or ultrasound so they can see how big it is. I'd rather have another lithotripsy.

Shesh....now we've lost Rhonda and Sandra. I sent an email to Froufy. I'll tell you what she says when she responds!

I'm thinking that I'm going in my pool today with the Great Nieces, Great Nephew and their parents. I have to walk on the treadmill and eat breakfast and lunch before they get here. I better get a move on!

Tejas
08-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Haven't lost me! I'm just in the LR painting walls and waxing floors!!! :D

Sandra is at a tourney that she is being very quiet about. Why? I don't know. I guess she doesn't want to brag that she is winning every darn trophy that there is in her age group and then some :cp:

BBL

Vickie
08-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Poor Rhonda. I do NOT enjoy house remodeling and spiffing.

Sandra should be bragging!

I'm off to the pool. I just got off the treadmill and the pool water hit 85 degrees. Woo Hoo!

sloanie
08-09-2009, 03:42 PM
I've been working on lessons for hours! My brain is fried. My DS is having terrible GF problems and sadness, my nephew that lived with us temporarily is in the hospital diagnosed with bipolar disorder and drug abuse, my house is still a mess, and I need a tranquilizer! I know that I should not be complaining. It could be much worse. Instead of whining, I should be praying for Maryann and Leo!!!:yikes:

I am excited for Rhonda and proud for Sandra! I am also glad to be able to talk to the rest of you chicks!!

:dizzy: BBL

Tejas
08-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Sloan, that doesn't sound like whining to me. People with bipolar, and those who love them and are affected by them, are dealt a difficult hand. It's in the males in my family. My ex-husband also suffers from it, taking refuge in pills and booze. That's why he's my ex.

You need hugs :grouphug:, so I've sent the best I can do so remotely. You have my sympathy and compassion. Hang in there. I dearly hope your nephew gets the help he needs and can stop, or control, the self-medicating. Although, of course, the biggest addiction problems in our Western world are the abuse of prescription, not street, drugs.

Vickie, I don't mind the spiffing part. I even like it. I went shopping today and found a bargain on a chenille blanket that will serve as a bedspread. It was $80, marked down to $30. I found a nice throw to go with it, and the bed is done! We have a spread but it is so dark that it dominates the room. The new color is ivory, so all looks bright and clean.

But, the painting...well, I'm tired, and tired of it. I had a bit of a meltdown this morning, after waking up at 4AM, and not being able to get back to sleep. DH did the right thing and painted the last wall for me. SO, the painting is finished for me except for 6 feet of baseboard, which I'm doing as soon as I sign off!!! :jig: :dance: :cloud9:

DH still has a ceiling to do, but that won't take too long.

Yes, maybe Sandra will brag a bit when she gets home, which should be soon.

BBL

Vickie
08-10-2009, 02:34 AM
Here I am up in the middle of the night again. I HAVE to go to bed. I've got JC weigh in, babysitting, and grocery shopping tomorrow.....today.

I'll be back way later in the day to check in.

At least I did my exercise and was in the pool for 3 hours. Storms are on their way.