Weight Loss Support - This is so annoying. *pic*

View Full Version : This is so annoying. *pic*

kuhrisuh
08-02-2009, 07:06 PM
This would be the inner thigh of my jeans. I have worn a hole in just about every pair I've ever owned! Does this happen to skinny people??!!

http://i26.tinypic.com/9gjy4m.jpg

Aclai4067
08-02-2009, 07:09 PM
I've ruined a lot of pairs too. It never happened to me at lower weights (I was never skinny, just less fat), and it's slowing down as I lose weight now. I went through jeans REALLY fast when I was in the 280-290s

paris81
08-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Oh yeah, happens to me all the time. Very frustrating.

SoulSurvivor
08-02-2009, 07:13 PM
lol lol I got those with every pair of jeans I owned .. damn the big thighs rubbing together!!!

kuhrisuh
08-02-2009, 07:31 PM
lol lol I got those with every pair of jeans I owned .. damn the big thighs rubbing together!!!

Amen, sister!

ShihtzuX2
08-02-2009, 08:31 PM
i've gotten really self-conscious about the SOUND my thighs rubbing together when I wear pantyhose or spanx. i wish they came with silencers. :(

CountingDown
08-02-2009, 08:42 PM
One BIG NSV for me was when there daylight between my thighs when I walked. DH pointed it out to me. It is amazing how much longer jeans last these days :D

walking2lose
08-02-2009, 08:55 PM
bbee - off topic, but you have really pretty hands. You could do hand modeling!

kuhrisuh
08-02-2009, 09:02 PM
bbee - off topic, but you have really pretty hands. You could do hand modeling!

Haha! Thank you! that made me smile really big! :D

Nitocris
08-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Yep, happens to me all the time. A pair of jeans never lasts me very long and then i have to shell out a ton of money at big girl store for a new pair. Can't wait for the day that doesn't happen anymore!

walking2lose
08-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Haha! Thank you! that made me smile really big! :D

And, I meant it! :D

beerab
08-02-2009, 09:16 PM
We all have this issue.

I used to tease my friend in high school cuz for her her jeans would wear out at the crotch lol. She was like I must have a huge vajayjay! lol ;)

I get it too it's so annoying!

SweetScrumptious
08-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Always has happened to me. Can't wait for the day when it doesn't!

nooch
08-02-2009, 10:05 PM
I haaaaaaate that! When I was a lot younger I would actually bleed from the chub-rub and sometimes it got infected and ew ew ew ew ew.

I'll really be happy when I never have to see my jeans do that again.

EveLHaelf
08-02-2009, 10:11 PM
OMG! That happens to me all the time! :bomb: It drives me crazy...I only have one pair of work pants and i have to replace them about every 3 months or so because I wear a hole in the thighs! Soooo embarassing.

kisskisskill
08-02-2009, 10:29 PM
So this thread is a big relief for me lol. I thought I was a freak for going through jeans so fast. Every time I find a pair that I like, the thighs get holes in them within a few months. Decent jeans in the bigger sizes are expensive enough, so it's very annoying to have to be buying them every few months. :mad:

Betony
08-02-2009, 11:18 PM
Add me to the thigh-rub-induced-air-conditioning club. I just threw out a pair of scrubs because I had worn them threadbare in the thigh area, just like that. Sigh.

One day, we'll all be wearing old pants that don't look like they need patches at our inner thighs -- either that, or someone will start to market the look, and we can be fashionable!

glitterducky
08-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Omg... I've ruined so many jeans like this. It really pisses me off too because I buy my jeans from Lane Byrant. Those jeans are not cheap, either. I buy them because at this moment, this is what I can fit in. And then within a few months, my thighs destory them. Ugh... so frustrating.

DCHound
08-02-2009, 11:41 PM
I have finally lost enough weight that...that's not happening anymore! My thighs don't rub!!! No friction, no fire hazard.

People...it is indescribable. :)

Niecy
08-03-2009, 12:18 AM
I don't think I ever had that happen, but then again jeans were so uncomfortable for me so I only wore them when going somewhere nice but casual.

I DID, however, have many, many, many pairs of cargo capris that it happened to. On top of that, I was always trying to pull them up over my big behind (WHY did they bring back the hip huggers, and THEN put them on plus sizes?) So the back pockets and belt loops had holes and tears within a month or so. And the zippers on the hip hugger styles would never stay up so I always had a rusted out safety pin there. I knew it was time to stop eating when the pin would bust open in the middle of dinner and I would shoot up out of my chair.

SOOOOO glad those days are gone! It will get better for you also :)

Arctic Mama
08-03-2009, 01:38 AM
It's seriously one of my biggest fat-chick pet peeves! I can't STAND wearing out my jeans like that, it will be a wonderful day when I wear out the KNEES of my jeans before the thighs.

Kery
08-03-2009, 07:51 AM
It used to happen to me all the time. So annoying.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid my thighs will remain somewhat fat (cottage cheese thighs on the inside too) no matter what I do, unless perhaps I starve myself, so even though my jeans last longer now, I guess it'll still happen after a while. :/

rockinrobin
08-03-2009, 08:22 AM
When I was 287 lbs, being the height that I am (5 ft. 0 in), and very bottom heavy, wearing jeans was out of the question. I couldn't find one pair that fit me. I hadn't worn jeans in years and years and years. But while I was still doing so, umpteen years ago - yup, those thighs wore out all the time.

Now that I'm back in jeans (yay!!!), no chance of that happening any more. My thighs are just good neighbors now, but they definitely don't infringe on each others space. They are their own separate entities. :D

The day that I realized my thighs no longer "meet" was a big emotional victory of a day for me. :smug:

thinpossible
08-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Yep, just had to throw out a pair last month that was worn through. Ugh! Can't wait until my thighs are friction free :lol:

mayness
08-03-2009, 10:23 AM
That only happened to me at my highest weight... which is weird, because my thighs still rub together, but I guess they're just rubbing together with less force now. :lol:

I'm jealous of people whose thighs don't touch... my legs are just naturally so close together that I'm pretty sure I could weigh 95 pounds and they would still rub together when I walk. I'll never be able to wear a skirt without shorts (or lots of Body Glide) under it if I'll be walking around. Oh well... I guess we all have some body issues that will never go away!

Glory87
08-03-2009, 11:25 AM
My thighs are still my problem area, but it is 100 times better than it used to do. Forget rubbing holes in jeans, I used to rub little "flesh tags" (kind of like moles) on my thighs. I had 2 removed at my top weight - they were red and painful - irritated from the rubbing.

Onederchic
08-03-2009, 11:26 AM
I think most of us have experienced this. Very frustrating.

EveLHaelf
08-03-2009, 02:15 PM
When my pants would get worn out, I would still wear them because I'm cheap and stubborn. Then the insides of my legs would get so sore! That is definately a goal for me, to get to a point where my legs don't rub anymore!

This is a bit off topic, but thinpossible, :bravo: on 2 months without junk food! I remember seeing your sig when it was only a few days. Keep up the great work!

jinna86
08-03-2009, 02:23 PM
That used to happen to me with yoga/sweatpants too.... except on sweatpants, it'd leave these little burrs in the fabric, and I would pick at them, and pick at them... and the next thing I know, those pants would be done for

sarahyu
08-03-2009, 02:31 PM
It happens to me also. I keep wearing them until it becomes very obvious or painful from the rubbing. Because really, who should be looking at that location anyway. I just don't cross my legs when I sit.
I keep thinking there should be a way to reinforce that area but haven't thought of a way yet.
You are in good company.
Sarah in MD

bnorah
08-03-2009, 02:35 PM
This is starting to happen to me too. I've been trying to not wash my jeans so much too to see if this will help with the threads. But it sucks to look down and have holes in your pants whether you are skinny or trying to lose weight.

ringmaster
08-03-2009, 06:57 PM
the big girl jeans ripped and wore down on me a lot; I think the fabric is made thinner and cheaply, and a lot have the stretchy stuff in them. I wear men's jeans often (levis bootleg style are my favorite, helps legs look thinner) and they last longer for me and fit a bit better.

kuhrisuh
08-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one!! Just like some of you said.. I can't wait until my jeans quit doing that, or at least quit doing it as quickly!!

I think you're probably right about big girl's jeans doing that quicker because of the stretchy fabric they make it out of.. !

BerkshireGrl
08-03-2009, 09:25 PM
I have finally lost enough weight that...that's not happening anymore! My thighs don't rub!!! No friction, no fire hazard. People...it is indescribable. :)

At 5'8" and 252, you are soooo lucky! :) Man, I had to get down to 155 to have it stop! (I'm also 5'8"). Can your thighs give a pep talk to mine? :lol:

Yes, I just tossed out a nice pair of Eddie Bauer jeans for the thigh rub. First they pilled up, and then they got really thin there. :( WORST PART OF BEING FAT! Ok, clothing-wise ;)

BerkshireGrl
08-03-2009, 09:34 PM
A temporary fix could be to get those iron-on Singer patches from a fabric store... they are also carried in some groceries with the sewing supplies (mending kits etc.) that are usually put near the shoe polish :) They come in "denim" but the ones I've seen are dark indigo. Maybe there are more choices in fabric stores?

My mom used to mend the knees of our jeans with those when I was a kid.

Onederchic
08-03-2009, 10:43 PM
At 5'8" and 252, you are soooo lucky! :) Man, I had to get down to 155 to have it stop! (I'm also 5'8"). Can your thighs give a pep talk to mine? :lol:

Yes, I just tossed out a nice pair of Eddie Bauer jeans for the thigh rub. First they pilled up, and then they got really thin there. :( WORST PART OF BEING FAT! Ok, clothing-wise ;)

:rofl:

CandieRae
08-03-2009, 11:52 PM
My workout pants love to get "pilly" between my thighs. It's so annoying to sit and pick at them all the time!

EveLHaelf
08-04-2009, 12:25 AM
I've actually continued to wear the holy pants (because I'm cheap and stubborn) and worn another pair of really form fitting exercise shorts underneath so I wouldn't get sore from the rubbing. lol

Phantom Goddess
08-04-2009, 12:36 AM
This is why I never bothered to spend more than $15 or $20 for a pair of jeans. They were just going to get worn out anyway. I am also looking forward to the day of no rub-ness.

Duchesssammi
08-04-2009, 04:18 AM
I always buy my jeans a bit bigger then I need, and I so far have never done that made a hole but I wear them out pretty quick in the thigh area. Yes it is embarrassing.

paradoxx
08-04-2009, 05:58 AM
Ah the dreaded thigh rub. I have lost SO many pairs of pants to this and I always have to use Body Glide when I wear skirts so that I don't get rashes on my thighs. Grrrrrrr...

The day that this stops, my screams of joy will probably be loud enough to frighten the neighbors.

salsa chip
08-04-2009, 06:50 PM
This hasn't happened to me (I don't wear trousers very often), but tights - arrrgh. And I had a really lovely denim skirt that wore out around the bottom :(

kuhrisuh
08-04-2009, 06:59 PM
Ah the dreaded thigh rub. I have lost SO many pairs of pants to this and I always have to use Body Glide when I wear skirts so that I don't get rashes on my thighs. Grrrrrrr...

The day that this stops, my screams of joy will probably be loud enough to frighten the neighbors.

Hahaha!