Old 08-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/169

Height: 5'7"

Angry Frustration!! Any advice would be appreciated...

I am a 24 yr old mom of 2...i currently weigh 281.5 lbs, down from 292 at the beginning of the year...and that brings me to my point: I've only lost 10 pounds since the beginning of the year...
I will not lie and say that I've been on plan this whole time because i havent...what I CAN say is that I have not binged, or overate, or generally screwed myself over in the last 6 months, yet I am still not losing...
I've been to my docs and they have ruled out thyroid disorder and diabetes, which would have caused me not to lose weight...
I've tried diet pills, slim fast and calorie counting...
and I lost 10 pounds and kept them off...
but thats it...
does anyone know of a plan that I can try that isnt ridiculous (like the ones that claim to lose 20 lbs in a week), really expensive or really really hard? I dont mind hard work, but I DO mind depriving myself or eating not enough cals to function...
At this point im just very discouraged and am close to giving up...
Thanks for reading this and I appreciate any advice you can give...
mystyblue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #2  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

I know you said that you tested for diabetes, but have you tested for insulin resistance?

I'd check that out and if you ARE check out the Insulin Resistance diet--it makes sense.
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #3  
starting over again

Do you keep track of what you eat? I'm a calorie counter and if I don't write down my calories daily, I almost always go over my daily calorie target, even if I think I am on plan. I need to see it written down.
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

for me when I just eat healty I don't seem to lose much I just maintain. But when I add exercising daily I seem to start losing weight again... And for me if I drink diet soda I seem to retain water but when I drink only water the weight comes of much easier... Those are just a few things that I find help me.... I hope this helps.
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 145/119.5/110

Height: 5'1"

Everyone has to find something that works on a personal level. For me, the first step was figuring out how many calories I was really eating and how many calories I needed to subtract in order to lose weight. I used Fitday.com, which is really helpful. I log my meals and activities every single day.

I never thought I was eating too much, but even a few hundred calories, like a couple glasses of wine, over my daily needs makes the weight come right back on, which is why constant vigilance is so important, at least until you have a better idea of what "real" portions look like. I was shocked to find out how little 4oz of wine really is! It woke me right up.

So, that's what has worked for me--calorie counting and getting active. Good luck and keep us updated!
BKKchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Calorie counting is a good way to go. At least to start to get a feel for how much you should be eating.

I sometimes think: I SHOULD be able to lose weight just by eating healthy without counting calories. I mean a lot of naturally thin people don't worry about it, why should I? I work out 6 days a week, I don't eat junk food (mostly), I deserve to be a healthy weight.. right?

Reality Check: It doesn't always work that way. If I don't watch my calories but still eat healthy, I just maintain. In order to lose any weight I have to track.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

How about adding some exercise into your routine?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #8  

I think calorie counting is a great place to start.Even if you change to a different plan at some point, it is still very beneficial to understand how many calories are in the food we consume.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:31 PM   #9  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I'd agree with those that suggested calorie counting. So starting today, measure and count everything that you eat. Weigh foods with a scale if you have one (measuring scoops can be bad as how many of us level that Tb). Find out where you are calorie-wise, then make a plan from there.

Oh, and count foods on the days you eat something you shouldn't have. The first time I tried losing weight I would just not record the bad stuff. It worked for a while, but it didn't really give me an idea of what was (or wasn't) working.
RealCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #10  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I agree with what other posters have already said. Sometimes I get lazy for a few weeks and think "I won't count... I've got a handle on this" and I'll stall out. When I decide to buckle down and start measuring/weighing and counting again I'm amazed at how skewed my perception of portion sizes has become. I Wayyyy underestimate my measurements when I'm not paying attention and that equates to a ton of extra calories.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #11  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

calorie counting and keep a food and exercise journal. make sure u write EVERYTHING down even the bad stuff when u fallen off the wagon..
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/169

Thanks for all the great advice...I'll invest in a food journal and up my exercise...(i didnt mention the exercise because its not consistent, more like 1-2 times a week)
I guess i just need to give it the good old college try.
again.
thanx chicks!!
i'll keep you updated

btw, this was my very first thread and i appreciate you guys taking time out to help me, it would have really blown my day had no one responded...i LOVE 3fc!!
mystyblue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:17 PM   #13  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

I did South Beach and I'll tell you NOTHING else worked for me and i've tried it all and stuck exactly 100% on plan. This is totally a life thing for me and super easy once you start.

Good luck!
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #14  
Heck Yes!

S/C/G: 235/231/165

Height: 6'0

Calorie counting is great, but the best potential for your overall health and weight loss will be better if you buckle down on exercise. I'm sure with two kids it won't be so easy to find time but I think once you get going it will just be part of the routine. I'm sure they would love to take walks with you, you can show them how to jump rope, teach them to swim, really any kind of sports. Most of all, don't be discouraged! You have two kids that love you and want to see you healthy! You can show them how great life can be when you seize the day! Haha Try not to stress, things will get better if you keep working at it!
yesimhappilymarried is offline   Reply With Quote