Weight Loss Support - I Just Stole $820

View Full Version : I Just Stole $820

EZMONEY
08-01-2009, 01:30 AM
OOPS!...My bad :devil:

Make that 820 calories ;)

Angie and I went to Applebees tonight...her favorite :no: restaurant...

Why is it her favorite? :no:

because that is the first place we ate during our first date...

We went to the Aerospace Museum....then the San Diego Zoo....then Applebees...her favorite :no: then later that day we went and saw Legends Of The Fall....Brad Pitt did nothing for her :no: ;)

OK...truth...she hates Applebees but thinks Brad is so/so...;)

Anyway, after not having gone for 13+ years we decided to give it a go, since it is near a Best Buy we wish listed through tonight...

Food was OK...price was Ok...but I loved the fact that they had a calorie list ON THE TABLE!!!

I was deciding between a Bruschetta Burger...Fish and Chips or Margarita Chicken...

while I was figuring it out Angie picked up the list....Burger w/fries 1230 calories...Fish and Chips 1550 calories...Margarita Chicken...730 calories...

I got the chicken and stole 820 calories off the fish and chips I really wanted!!

Wish all places would make it so easy!!!

Onederchic
08-01-2009, 01:42 AM
That is great! I do agree, I wish they had that kinda list available at more place.

mandalinn82
08-01-2009, 01:47 AM
Gary, you'll be seeing it a LOT more. CA just made it the law! It has to be available now, and on menus in a year or so.

mamaspank
08-01-2009, 01:48 AM
Sounds like you had a fun day! I love days like that, easygoing. Legends of the Fall was playing in a theatre?

EZMONEY
08-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Gary, you'll be seeing it a LOT more. CA just made it the law! It has to be available now, and on menus in a year or so.

I did see that...finally...we do something right!

Sounds like you had a fun day! I love days like that, easygoing. Legends of the Fall was playing in a theatre?

Mamaspank....that was on our first date almost 15 yrs. ago...we just haven't been to an Applebees for around 13 yrs. Last night we ate there then went to "wish" list stuff at Best Buy...cheaper dates ;)

That is great! I do agree, I wish they had that kinda list available at more place.

Looks like it is going to happen!

CountingDown
08-01-2009, 09:30 AM
:cp:

One decision at a time - it makes all the difference!

Way to go Gary!

jendiet
08-01-2009, 10:01 AM
woohoo! That date sounded like fun. I am confused about the legends of the fall though? It was playing in a theater???? I've seen it. I don't know what to think of it and Brad Pitt does nothing for me.

midwife
08-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Heh heh....now you better run your next 5K like you stole something EZ!

Onederchic
08-01-2009, 10:34 AM
woohoo! That date sounded like fun. I am confused about the legends of the fall though? It was playing in a theater???? I've seen it. I don't know what to think of it and Brad Pitt does nothing for me.

Haha, he was describing his first date with his wife ;)

KatieBell28
08-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Mmm applebee's loaded mashed potatoes.

jendiet
08-01-2009, 01:28 PM
lol..ok i get it!

dragonwoman64
08-01-2009, 02:39 PM
legends of the fall came out that long ago? seems like yesterday(!) I had such a big crush on Aiden Quinn. One of the first dates bf and I went on was to an Aiden Quinn, Johnny Depp movie, Benny and Joon. I still like that movie.

I didn't know CA made that a law. I wonder if NY will follow. I never thought we'd have all these smoking laws, when I first moved here in the late 80s, seems like every other person smoked where ever they wanted to. Thinking about it, I can see how that would make me opt for lower calorie choices. Too hard to have that "blackout moment", heh heh, where I let myself eat something without thinking of consequences(!)

oh, I should have said, way to go, Gary, too! I'm sure it wasn't easy to pass up the fish and chips!

harrismm
08-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Darn it! By the title, I thought this was going to be a confession of some sort.....

EZMONEY
08-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Our first "date"...was a week after we met...Angie thinks our date was Jan. 13th 1995...and yes Legends Of The Fall was in the theater then....1995!

Chele615
08-01-2009, 09:39 PM
They list the calorie counts in the menus in NYC and it made decision making so much easier this past week when I was there with a friend. I hope Massachusetts decides to do that sometime too!!!

EZMONEY
08-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Darn it! By the title, I thought this was going to be a confession of some sort.....

Go back to your garden....;)

dragonwoman64
08-02-2009, 01:06 PM
They list the calorie counts in the menus in NYC and it made decision making so much easier this past week when I was there with a friend. I hope Massachusetts decides to do that sometime too!!!

really? I haven't seen that (on menus in nyc).

thisisnotatest
08-02-2009, 07:38 PM
The only menus that have lists of calories on them are for chain restaurants.
While that's fine and dandy, my issue with this is that if you live in nyc(or probably most urban areas) -there are literally thousands of restaurants-no need to chain food it.
So I'd love to see some regulation for restaurants (all) have to list something, like ingredients, aprox calories, something...anything...

No offense to those that prefer chains...just making a point that these laws are chain specific.

lottie63
08-02-2009, 08:00 PM
wow pa needs to catch up with you guys! that would be great! :D

good job on the healthier choice. :)

EZMONEY
08-02-2009, 08:42 PM
The calorie and fat gram list at the Applebees we went to was in a little booklet on the table with the menu and the dessert page. It was totally separate of the menu itself.

mandalinn82
08-02-2009, 09:58 PM
The only menus that have lists of calories on them are for chain restaurants.
While that's fine and dandy, my issue with this is that if you live in nyc(or probably most urban areas) -there are literally thousands of restaurants-no need to chain food it.
So I'd love to see some regulation for restaurants (all) have to list something, like ingredients, aprox calories, something...anything...

I'd agree with that on ingredients. But the costs of doing calorie analysis for an entire restaurant menu can be high - it's hard to imagine regulations forcing this sort of analysis for non-chain restaurants, where the owners don't have multiple restaurants with which to spread out the analysis costs. Doing laboratory analysis once for a 50 item menu costs about $700-1200 PER ITEM...about 50,000 dollars total! That's a drop in the bucket for somewhere like Applebees, where the cost is spread across all the restaurants. But your local mom and pop? That's enough to easily put them out of business.