100 lb. Club - Re-evaluating long term goals

View Full Version : Re-evaluating long term goals

lottie63
07-31-2009, 03:32 PM
So I was playing around on spark, specifically with the weight loss goal thingy.

it says if I lose 2.5 lbs per week by next JUNE 9TH I can be down to 152. I have never wanted to be that thin. I always thought I would lose my beloved curves! :D But then my mom told me that she weighs about 150. She's shorter than me yes, but, I"m much curvier than her, even when I've lost before ....and I think I can get down that low and still be curvy and smokin'. :) hehe.

AND, my back would love me. because even at 190 I was a DDD/F. So At 152 I might be able to get down to a D!!!!! OMG I'd even be happy with a DD at this point. (am currently an H! :mad: )

I think this is my new goal. and it's good to have a goal for me, that is so far away. I Dont' do as well with short term goals for some reason, as some other ladies have stated as well. Cuz I figure, if I want to reach my goal by june 9th, well, then I can't have any more of these 3 month "off plan" fiascos.

and this Plan is VERY motivating for me! For some reason I'm way more excited now than with my previous goal, which was 175-190...I think I was afraid I couldn't do more than that, so I didn't want to try. Easy not to fail when you don't try! But now I feel like it's possible. Thanks sparkpeople! :D

But my first "Big goal" is still to get down to 190, where I was in 2004, which was the smallest I had ever been as an adult.
Me at 190: OH HOW I MISS THEE!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j260/alicia0099/love.jpg

:dust:

:goodscale:

p.s yes I know you don't lose the same every single week and some weeks are better or worse than others....but as long as I get CLOSE To that goal, I'd be happy. :)

Onederchic
07-31-2009, 03:55 PM
You are so pretty. Thanks for sharing :hug:

lottie63
07-31-2009, 03:58 PM
awww, thankee. :D

matt_H
07-31-2009, 03:59 PM
You are beautiful now and was beautiful at 190. You will get there before you realize it!

scarletmeshell
07-31-2009, 04:10 PM
You are beautiful, and will continue to be so! Keep up the great work. I know you can do it!

lottie63
07-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Thanks guys. you are all sweeties.

:)

One day when I was 190, I was in a chat room and I had that pic as my avatar. and some girl (honestly, not to toot my own horn, but all the guys were paying attention to me and not her) and she said, "Why do all fat girls wear red?"

That has HAUNTED ME. I felt soo good about myself. augh. SO FRUSTRATING. To be knocked down like that. I can say in my head oh she was jealous of the attention I was getting and was bitter, but none of that matters, all I hear is "fat girl" and am crushed.

:(
Someday I hopefully won't have to worry about that....oh wait. There will ALWAYS be asshats out there. :P

Onederchic
07-31-2009, 04:16 PM
There's always gonna be people whom are jealous. Don't let those comments bring you down but rather bask in the reality that they suck and you don't :D :hug:

salsa chip
07-31-2009, 04:23 PM
In both that pic and your avatar you look very lovely!

Newbie question: what's spark?

Onederchic
07-31-2009, 04:26 PM
In both that pic and your avatar you look very lovely!

Newbie question: what's spark?

sparkpeople.com

It's a diet/weight loss/ fitness tracker and community

lottie63
07-31-2009, 04:31 PM
I <3 spark!

beerab
07-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Wow girl you are HOT! ;)

Good luck with your goal!

lottie63
07-31-2009, 04:36 PM
thanks beerab and everyone else! :D

Jokan
07-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Good luck girlie, I know u can do it!!!

Judy Lynn
07-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Yowza! You go girl!

lottie63
07-31-2009, 05:00 PM
judy lynn, "persistence, not perfection" I like that. :) and thanks!

MugCanDoIt
07-31-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks guys. you are all sweeties.

One day when I was 190, I was in a chat room and I had that pic as my avatar. and some girl (honestly, not to toot my own horn, but all the guys were paying attention to me and not her) and she said, "Why do all fat girls wear red?"

That has HAUNTED ME. I felt soo good about myself. augh. SO FRUSTRATING. To be knocked down like that. I can say in my head oh she was jealous of the attention I was getting and was bitter, but none of that matters, all I hear is "fat girl" and am crushed.

Someday I hopefully won't have to worry about that....oh wait. There will ALWAYS be asshats out there. :P

The only thing to explain that comment about fat girls wearing red is pure jealousy! Jealousy!

lottie63
07-31-2009, 05:06 PM
The only thing to explain that comment about fat girls wearing red is pure jealousy! Jealousy!

I agree, not everyone can pull off red anyhow. ;)

that takes CONFIDENCE. which I was definately feeling the day that pic was taken! It was my FIRST AND LAST DAY at 190.

I WILL GET BACK THERE!

caliyah
07-31-2009, 07:08 PM
i know how you feel. i have no idea what to put my goal as. i've been 'obese'/overweight since I was a kid so i've never known what it's like to be 'skinny'.

Madison
07-31-2009, 07:13 PM
You ARE doing it baby! 190 will be here before you know it :)

Windchime
07-31-2009, 10:13 PM
Oh, please. That red top looks smokin' hot on you and we all know it. You've got a great rack in that picture, by the way--that's probably what the skinny girl was jealous of.

I know what you mean about moving the goal. I've been thinking about that myself. My goal is 180, but lately I've been thinking that maybe I'll set that a little lower. I'll wait till I get there to decide for sure, but it's kind of exciting to shoot for my pre-baby-makin' weight!

lottie63
07-31-2009, 10:21 PM
Oh, please. That red top looks smokin' hot on you and we all know it. You've got a great rack in that picture, by the way--that's probably what the skinny girl was jealous of.

:rofl:

Thanks! :P

better health3
07-31-2009, 11:32 PM
You are beautiful and have great skin. I'm jealous of your curves. Go you!!!!

caliyah
08-01-2009, 05:10 PM
I think there are a lot of people that look really pretty when they are not skinny. You look really pretty in your pic when you are 190, and I love your hair. You look like you were workin it! I know many girls that are overweight and love the way they look and get plenty of attention because they exude confidence etc. I feel we can be beautiful at any size and should love who we are at any size and that weight loss should be working towards being healthier and not prettier. Thats something I'm trying to come to terms with myself. Accepting myself the way I am now and loving myself regardless even as I lose weight.

lottie63
08-01-2009, 05:20 PM
I think there are a lot of people that look really pretty when they are not skinny. You look really pretty in your pic when you are 190, and I love your hair. You look like you were workin it! I know many girls that are overweight and love the way they look and get plenty of attention because they exude confidence etc. I feel we can be beautiful at any size and should love who we are at any size and that weight loss should be working towards being healthier and not prettier. Thats something I'm trying to come to terms with myself. Accepting myself the way I am now and loving myself regardless even as I lose weight.

agreed!

One thing I HATE is when I tell someone I'm trying to get healthy and they say, "But you are so pretty"

HATE :mad: HATE

I tell them sorry, but I didn't say I was UGLY I said I was FAT. big difference, pretty and fat are NOT mutually exclusive.

augh!

beautifulone
08-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Lottie, I love your top and you in that photo! You rock it!

I know what you mean about wanting to reach 190 :)

lottie63
08-01-2009, 06:04 PM
You're so close!

dragonwoman64
08-02-2009, 12:43 PM
you do have amazing skin, and red looks fantastic on you. My lowest as an adult was about 200. Can't wait to see that again!!

lottie63
08-02-2009, 12:57 PM
What can I say, natural light is your friend!

and thanks. :D

beautifulone
08-02-2009, 03:53 PM
You're so close!

Thanks, you're totally right. I know I really am. Yet it's interesting how I can feel that I am and I'm not all at the same time. I think a lot of it has to do with the amount of time, in weeks/months, it takes. Even though losing 19 lbs doesn't seem like much (at this point for me), relative to my other numbers. Some days I think the patience is half the battle.

Ah well, we'll get to where we want to get to in good time :)

beautifulone
08-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Oh wait! :lol: I just had an awakening of a realization. I'm only 10 lbs away from 199, not 19! Don't know what I was thinking. Maybe this humidity is getting to my head!

CountingDown
08-02-2009, 05:36 PM
If moving your goal helps motivate you - then go for it! I moved my goal 4 times before I was done.

You look fabulous in the picture and 190 looks very good on you! What a great mini-goal to strive for!

You absolutely CAN do this, I given your body type, I doubt seriously that you will lose your curves at 150.
Really! We have a similar body type and while my girls are half the size they used to be and my back IS much happier, they tumble nicely into a 34D (which qualifies as curvy ;))

lottie63
08-02-2009, 05:53 PM
HAHA, thankee counting down for the encouragement! :D I am definately a fan of the monroesque 'ultra feminine form'

starfishkitty
08-03-2009, 02:04 AM

I had the SAME thing happen to me when I was at my lowest adult weight as well (165, age 20, i.e. 6 years ago).... I was dating this smokin' hot male stripper and this other girl at the club we frequented actually was overheard (BY ME!!!) saying "What's he see in that fat chick he's dating??"

I swear, girls are mean S.O.B.'s sometimes!!!

And the funny thing is that I notice they seem to get snippier the smaller you are.... maybe its because they consider you more competition or something? The closer you are to them in size the more they look for any kind of flaw they can find? I think with bigger girls they just feel that we're no competition for them so they don't get as snippy if we're the 250+ kind.

But hey, that's just my theory.... and what has happened to me. :)