South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 06:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Fantastic Friday Chat

Sorry, I couldn't come up with anything better for today's thread title. Anyway, TGIF! It's been a long and lonely week, and I miss my girls! I guess it's a taste of what it will be like with them both in school all day this fall.

It's still dark out, and pretty gloomy looking for a Friday. I'm dropping the girls off at camp, and I'll have to find something to keep myself busy until it's time to pick them up. Maybe I can steal a few hours to go shopping. I have to get something for Amber's birthday, and I need a dress for my nephew's wedding next week. I hope the weatherman is right and it will be a sunny day tomorrow, as we're having a cookout and pool party to celebrate Tyler and Amber's birthdays.

What's everyone have planned for the day?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:54 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Cottage, I think your title is...well...Fantastic! Glad your week is winding down. ?Sort of? It sure seems you have had more than a fair share of birthdays, etc. Hope you get time to look for that new dress!

Me, planning my day. Kirk just called to say he is in Anchorage. It's amazing-Alaska Airlines has a non stop from Denver-only 5 1/2 hours. I didn't get alot of sleep last night so I might actually try for a few more hours this morning. I have some things to do around the house before I head out for berry picking. We picked some pie cherries yesterday but the rest aren't ripe. K pitted them as he was on "shorttimer duty". I got alot of honey do's done yesterday!

I had a rough time last year while K was gone. I'm feeling much better this time around. I've just been feeling so good and have such great hope that I'm on the right track. It would be to derail the SB train right now. I do miss my bike and the pool and will probably head over the hill on Sunday or Monday for a few days. We just can't leave the raspberries for too long right now.

My Mother celebrates her 88th BD tomorrow. I usually have something up my sleeve, but I'm clueless right now. I'd better put my thinking cap on soon!

Hi everyone yet to visit Thanks for all your support! I could..possibly..do it without you-but it's way more fun here at the

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-31-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:00 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Fiddling Around Friday? That's what I'll be doing most of today.

to Cottage! "It's been a long and lonely week, and I miss my" dogs! If Paul gets the dog fence back up today, I'll pick them up Sunday afternoon and we'll have one quiet day together before the construction starts up again on Tuesday morning. We'll see how stressed they are next week - I suspect it may be doggie daycare week if they get too jumpy.

A young friend is coming "early" to get some wedding flowers. Her "early is 11 but I told her it had to be between 8 and 10. She wanted white hydrangeas from my hedge which is now gone. I do have another patch beside the cedar hedge so we'll pick from there. I actually may just pick them and have them ready for when she shows.

I have a bit of a giggly project on the go today. My old friend Ross, Shirleyanne's DH, has a birthday tomorrow. According to S., he has taken to walking the dog at night in his slippers - the park is right next to them. I have a pair of beige slippers for him which I'm converting into dog heads so he can walk the dogs in sartorial splendour. I've got the ears made, googly eyes bought and just need to assemble. (The rule is joke presents after 60 and nothing more than $10.) It should be fun at the party in Ottawa tomorrow night.

Paul has just arrived. Today they take the forms off the foundation walls and pour some more concrete for the basement floor. (He's making a wee cold storage for me - I either need to get back to preserving or buy a lot of wine!)

Hope your Friday is whatever you want to make it - fabulous, fun, fret-free and fantastic are my first choices.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:11 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Hope your Friday is whatever you want to make it - fabulous, fun, fret-free and fantastic are my first choices.
Thanks, Ruth, and the same to you. Anticipate your joyful reunion with the pups! Put up the delicates because they will be bouncing off the walls!

I've come up with the plan. I'm off to my favorite grocery. I think I'll return Mom's vase tomorrow with big batch of sunflowers. It's hard shopping for a gal who has everything..actually more than everything.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!!

It has been a good SBD week (last night not enough veggies, but still on plan food), so things are going okay.

But...I helped rescue a kitty yesterday, so I'm happy. This poor woman brought in four kittens she had just found, and one had to be euthanized immediately. Two were okay, and one couldn't use his back legs. So I rescued the one with no use of his back legs, since she couldn't afford to . I haven't done something like that in a long time, and it makes me happy! Best thing, about two clients later, I already found him a new home!! They fell in love with him immediately!! They're an elderly couple that lost two of their cats this year (they have no cats left...I think that's a crime!), and were just thinking of getting another one. The hard part so far is my DD with tears streaming down her face of how badly she wants him . Daddy says NO!!! He was able to potty on his own over night, which we weren't sure he could do...and would determine his fate, so I'm especially excited for him today .

Sorry for the babble, thought you'd enjoy!! I better go get something OP for supper tonight so I'm good!!
Old 07-31-2009, 07:34 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's my official weekend start which means a crazy day full of chores. What's wrong with this picture?!

Cottage - hope the weather is perfect tomorrow. Good luck shopping. I think all weddings should be casual

Debbie - You know where to find us if you hit a rough patch I'm hoping to pick berries before today's rain hits. You should join us on Facebook for wine night

Ruth - Those slippers sound adorable. Will there be a picture?

Twynn - Ah, I'm a sucker for kitties though I've vowed never to have more than 2 again. I can always find someone in my bldg at work to take a stray.

I've got a long list but the rain may get in the way. We are going to a potluck tonight and DP signed us up for baked beans Wouldn't have been my first choice but I'll manage. I ordered 2 kinds of carrots, cukes and peppers from the CSA this week and am making a veggie tray too. I don't go to a lot of traditional summer cookouts - should the baked beans be warm? that's how I would serve them at home.

Time to get moving. I'm sure I'll check in throughout the day. Hope your Friday is fantastic!
Old 07-31-2009, 07:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday!

Cottage, I need a new dress for a reception. It's so hard to buy dresses!

Ruth, I hope your workers get the fence back up! Poor Doggies and Ruthie need each other! Your slippers sound too cute!

Debbie, Sunflowers are a wonderful idea for an 88th birthday! My sister got my grandmother a box of Godiva chocolate for her 75th birthday. Grandma ate it all in one sitting, then said, "It's not as good as Russell Stovers!" My mom worked in the RS plant in Montrose when I was a kid.

Twynn, I'm considering a new cat. We had to put down my Clovis about 5 months ago, and my house is just too clean without cat hair! But, I don't miss a litter box.

Me: Should be a quiet day in the office. Therapist and Boss are both out. I need a haircut badly. Maybe I can leave for a few minutes.

Have a great Friday! Woohoo!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 07:52 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning from wet soggy Louisiana! Another big storm last night. Hope it's not an indication of something big and nasty coming next month!

Cottage, hope it dries up so you can get all those chores done without getting wet! (I keep a towel in my car just in case!)

Lex, glad he made it there ok and glad you have something to keep yourself busy! Berry picking sounds like fun. There are some u-pick places around here, but I have yet to go to one.

Ruth, those slippers sound like a hoot. I'm sure they'll be a bit hit. I know you miss those doggies...to quiet around there I'll bet!

Twynn, I think it's so cool you rescued that little baby. I got tickled at the part where "Daddy said no" and then "he pottied on his own last night". I thought at first that you meant Daddy pottied on his own! Hey, it's early.

Chelby, hope you get to get away from the office and get pampered! I haven't been to a salon in so long and told myself I'd go before school starts, but got my husband to give me a trim instead.

Me, no idea what we are doing today. Hubs is off and still sleeping, so I guess we'll figure that out when he gets up after I'm home from the gym.
Last night was kind of strange. We were out on the patio watching it storm, talking about our kids and were wondering how my daughter's ex boyfriend was doing (they departed as friends!) We had seen him in a mobile phone commercial over Christmas (he was a skinny Santa). So, a few minutes later we went to watch some tv and soon as I turned on the tv, there he was in a dentyne commercial "making friends" by giving other people gum. Later we decided to watch a new Robin Williams movie from "on demand" and about 1/2 way through the movie hear the same ex boyfriend singing one of his songs in the background on the sound track. It was just weird. Guess we got our question answered of how he is doing! Just a series of weird coincidences!

Got out and took some pics of the garden. Crepe Myrtle blossoms got knocked out of the trees by the storm and I thought they looked pretty neat on the bricks in the early morning light.

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-31-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:38 AM   #9  

Cyndi, I would think that at a picnic, baked beans could be served room temperature -- especially if it doesn't have bacon on top.

Cat, Your garden is beautiful! Our Crepe Myrtles are hanging low, too. All that rain! My dad loves to garden. He says that in Louisiana, if he were to leave the land alone for a week, it would go back to nature, quick!

Looks like I'm going to be in the office alone by about 10 this morning. Glad I brought a book!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:46 AM   #10  
sophie

Good Morning,

Cottage - I know you will find the perfect dress. Enjoy your little ones birthday party.
Ruth - Have a good time in Ottawa. Those slippers should be a hit.
Twynn - Glad you were able to find a new home for the kitty. Are you getting settled in the new home.
Lex - enjoy your mother on her birthday. Sunflowers are so beautiful. Hang in there before you know it K will be back.
Chelby - nothing like a quiet day at the office on a Friday. When does your little guy start school.
Cyndi - warm them up at home and they should be just the right temperature before they are served. Hope the mosquitoes aren't out tonight.
Femme - enjoy your day and I will have to keep an eye out for that commercial.

me - finished the necklace and its being picked up this afternoon. Its a holiday for us on Monday and the last long weekend before Labour Day, where did the summer go. Only 16 days left before we drive out West. Can't wait to see my little grandson.
take care
Sophie
Old 07-31-2009, 10:08 AM   #11  

Sophie, Auston starts school August 13. When I was a kid, school didn't start till the day after Labor Day. Our kids are getting their summers stolen!

What is the holiday Monday?
Old 07-31-2009, 10:21 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The first Monday in August is a stat holiday in most provinces here - Quebec is the exception and they get June 24, St Jean Baptiste Day. In England it was called the "Bank Holiday' but here it's name changes depending on where you live. We usually just call it Civic Holiday around here. Here's the scoop!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Thanks for getting us started, Cottage! Sounds like you're glad that this week without the girls will soon be over. I hope you get to go shopping; wish I could join you! Crossing my fingers that the weather is beautiful for tomorrow!

Lexxiss: How long is K gone for? I have a hard time when my hubby's gone, even if just for a night. The worst was the 3 months he spent in Canada! I'm happy to say that, as the years have passed, I continue to get progressively better about it. I hope you have a great day! Fresh berries sound DIVINE , but I'm on P1, so they are and unfortunate no-no right now!

Ruth: I do hope you'll post pictures of the dog slippers before you gift them. They sound adorable! I know what you mean about missing the dogs so I hope the fence is up today!

Twynn: That's wonderful! We're both allergic to cats, but I do love to watch their antics (usually heavily medicated, though ). How great that the little guy is doing well AND has a good home to go to!

Cyndi: Mmmmm...baked beans. It's been so long since I've had a good batch! DH prefers Mexican-style pinto with BBQ, so that's what we usually have. I have no clue if it's proper to serve them warm, room temp. or cold, but I would probably eat them all three ways!

Chelby: Can you make a hair appointment for me, too? Mine is getting ridiculously long and somewhat unmanageable. If Halloween were tomorrow, I could go as Medusa without a wig! Anywho, hope you have a nice, quiet day and can slip out!

Cat: Your garden really is beautiful; what a lovely, relaxing place! I hope that you have a great, un-planned day. Sometimes those are the best!

Sophie: Glad you got that necklace finished! It sounded like some really tedious work! I hope you have a wonderful day and that the next 16 days pass by quickly!

Me: DH and I are both at home this morning and I'm getting ready to go do a quick workout. Then we're headed an hour away to take DH to an optometrist. They will be dilating his pupils, so I have to go with him to drive back. He went to our PCP yesterday and she referred him to the guy up north who may then refer DH to an ophthalmologist 3 hours away. The PCP thinks DH has an extra layer of tissue growing over his right eye, which has been causing uncomfortable twitching. Worst-case scenario would be surgery to remove the tissue, but we're praying it's not that. The great thing about this impromptu trip to "civilization" is that we'll be able to run to a "real" store and get my birthday present rather than ordering it online and paying for shipping.

Okay, I need to get out of my jammies and get the workout clothes on. I hope everyone has a great FRIDAY!!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:26 AM   #14  

What do you do to celebrate, Ruth? Fireworks? Cookout? Parades?

Kim, We call civilization "Big Town". We're about 45 minutes away from "Big Town".

Last edited by Chelby29; 07-31-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:18 AM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We are 35 minutes away from Town. Of course it's a tiny little town compared to most other towns but it has 3 grocery stores and good restaurants so we're happy

Sophie - the rain should take care of the mosquito problem
Closed Thread