Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #1  
Don't Give Up

S/C/G: 235/182.4/?

Height: 5'4

Unhappy Plateau Blues

Ok so confession I’ve been kinda blue because of my plateau. I really want to lose this week. I mean anything! Just something to get my body going again on losing weight.

I just looked over how many calories I’ve eaten this week and I do not think I’ll be able to lose 1.5 pounds because I’ve been eating around 1450 calories instead of around 1300. So I’m not looking forward to the weigh in this weekend. I just hope I lose. Even if it was .1 pound I’d be happy. I mean that’s something!

I know the calorie thing is all in my control so I just need to do better with eating a little less. It’s just a hard balance. I’ve been getting hungrier more often because I’ve been exercising almost every day, but the training sessions aren’t always that intense so I’m surprised that I’m getting hungry. I know my body pretty well so I find all of this difficult.

I guess I just need to vent my worries and frustration.

Don’t get me wrong I still have hope and know I’ll get out of it and I can do it…but it’s just been getting tougher as I lose more weight so…guess today is just one of those days when I could use a little TLC.
SweetTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I am glad to read that you are not gonna let this make you give up. This whole thing can be very frustrating which I am sure most here will agree on. Staying focused and committed are key factors. Keep chugging along, you'll get there
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Sweetheart, I know this is painful. Try even though it seems counterproductive. To raise those calories to 1700 for a couple of days then drop them back down to where you are. See if that doesn't help?
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #4  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

Yeah, you may be surprised that upping your calories a little might just help! Stay patient. I know it's hard, but you know that if you're doing things right that eventually the numbers have to appear on the scale to reflect that.

Keep with it!
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #5  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Kat, are you in a big rush to lose the weight?
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:03 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

I hear ya, I've been stuck for a month. I'm currently trying alternating my calories, to see if that works. But man, not seeing progress for awhile just saps the energy right out of you, ne?

Hang in there!

Last edited by Jo Kittibuck; 07-31-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:13 AM   #7  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Kat, Hang in there!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:56 AM   #8  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Cool Kat!

Kat

I am sorry to hear your having a rough week feeling wise.... You havent even weighed yet so I dont think you should worry just yet!!! Easier said than done I know....

Just yesterday I decided I am addicted to my home scale and hide it from myself in a really hard place to get to... so I would really have to think to get it out... I am only going to weight weekly at my WW meeting because the scale flucuations are making me feel happy or sad depending on the numbers... I just had to STOP the insanity... LOL

Did you get the jump rope?? It is hard but fun- My boyfriend and i have been working on it... I can do more than him so far with 85 which was hard... LOL I think you need to do something different to shake up the platue whether it be change calories as others have said up shake up your fitness routine- change the cardio you do- increase the time a by 10/15 minutes or add an extra day than you normally do...

The only other thing I can say is Have patience grasshopper! You can do it sometimes weight loss is a mystery but it will go down eventually if you keep following a healthy lifestyle! YOU CAN DO IT!

Did you ever get the email I sent you by the way to your gmail?? I thought you forgot about me....

Have a great weekend and I hope your weigh is better than your expecting!!!
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165.6/158.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Eat More! I eat more than you and I weight 154. Sounds like you need more food.
crcossel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:43 PM   #10  
Don't Give Up

S/C/G: 235/182.4/?

Height: 5'4

Talking Thanks Everyone!

Thank you all so much for your support! I needed it! It is very much appreciated.

Chunkychic—Thanks for what you said and for reminding me I need to stay focused and to keep chugging along. I know I need to do that, it’s just hard right now because I think mentally I’m just ready to move on and now it’s getting my body to that point.

But you are always so kind and supportive. I really appreciate it!

Jennifer—Thank you for your advice. I have not tried that. I think I eat fewer calories just because I have a desk job and I sit so much throughout the day. I feel like I’ve been eating so much these last couple of days! I’ll see if I can’t up the calorie amount and then go back down again though anyway.

Eumie—First, I seriously love that name. Eumie! I could say it all day. Anyway thank you so much for your support and help. I do appreciate it. I’ll just keep working towards my end goal and being fit and healthy. I’ll have to work on the patient part. I know you are right that if I just keep going and doing things right that it will come off. Thank you!

Ija—Thanks for your comment. I needed it. You know I am in a rush for some reason. Really there shouldn’t be a rush, or there doesn’t need to be a rush, but I am so ready to move forward. There are a lot of things that factor into that I suppose. I’m planning on hiking a mountain in less then a month and I want to make it to the top and I also want to weigh less when I do it. I’ve made a goal to try to weigh 169.9 by August 29th and I really want to reach my goal. I love to reach my goals! I also want to get as close to 140 if not at 140 by January 2nd, 2010.

I just decided at the beginning of this year that this year I was going to focus on weight loss. I haven’t lost as much as I would have liked this year, but it is still a good effort, and I am very proud of the 18.5 pounds that I’ve lost. I just know I am capable of so much more. I think that is it more then anything. I know I can do this deep down, but I’m stuck right now and I really want to pull myself out of this rut and keep going! But your comment was a good reminder for me that I do not need to rush, and losing weight just takes time. Thank you very much for that reminder!

Jo Kittibuck—Yah this will be my 3rd week that I haven’t lost if this weekend my weight hasn’t dropped. I just want to get out and go run or swim laps or just something! I feel like I have all this energy and its wasted sitting at this desk!

Anyway I’m feeln’ for yah. A month no weight loss is hard. Well let’s not give up together!

Oh and serious not losing the weight for some reason it does drain me. It’s like..bummer. Then I’m just kinda blah for the day. You know its just disappointment. I’ve had so many good weigh ins and I love to see the scale drop, so when my hard work doesn’t pay off I can’t help but get disappointed. It’s ok though! We will push through it and be stronger for it in the end!

Thank you so much for your encouragement and just letting me know I’m not alone in this really helps! It’s good to have weight loss buddies!

Judy Lyn—Thanks!!! I need to hang in there! I really do not want to go back to how I use to eat and not exercise. I feel so much better now and so much healthier. I love the new me so far and I can’t wait to see what else I can accomplish! I had better not give up now! Thanks for reminding me of that!

Tracy—Ok…this whole week I’ve been getting on the forum thinking…awww…where’s Tracy. For some reason…I totally forgot you have my gmail address…dur. Yay! Emails! So now I’m all happy and I can’t wait to respond to your super awesome message…that is over a week old…that I checked the forums for all week long…when I had a message from you all week long…yah…:dur:

Well I’ll remember this week.

Oh and I know you are sooooo right. I haven’t even weighed in yet. I shouldn’t just dismiss this week as having 0 weight loss when I haven’t weighed in. It’s just happened 2 weeks in a row and my calories are higher then they should be so…I’m not looking at this week very positively. You know either way if I lose or not I’m going to keep going because eventually I will get results.

Hiding the scale. Too cute! That just cheered me up right there. Yah it really stinks when the scale starts to determine your mood. I’m proud of you for hiding it. I tend to weigh just once a week, but every once in a while I’ll weigh more then that. I can totally get too into weighing myself too so I totally understand where you are coming from!

Oh I love the jump rope! On Sunday I would do little intervals of jumping 40 times fast and then resting for 1 min. It was great! Really got my heart pounding. I loved it! Oh and 85 that’s really good! I’m going to have to work up to that.

Yah this week I changed it up from boxing to yoga & a little karate. I also got that new Wii Sport game on Tuesday and my husband & I played it for hours. It was a lot of fun! But I haven’t had a really hard strenuous workout this week so tonight I’m going to do a really hard workout. Hopefully that will help for the weigh in. I think I’ll take some advice and change up my routine a little and see if that doesn’t help too.

Awww…thanks for all your encouragement. It really does help! Oh and check your inbox later I’m so responding to the email I’ve been “waiting” for all week.

Crcossel—Thanks for your concern! I appreciate it. I will take some extra fruit and veggies with me but lately I feel full all the time. Like stuffed full. Yesterday my friends and I went out and got lettuce wraps & a small 12 oz Starbucks. I didn’t even get the whip cream like I normally do and I felt so stuffed after my meal. I seriously feel like jabba the hut. Nom…nom…nom.

What kind of job do you have? Mine, I sit at a desk all day. I really think that has an impact on why I do not eat as many calories as others my height and weight. I’ll try to increase my number of calories by eating fruits, veggies, nuts and things like that, but this week I swear I’ve felt like a . Not in a bad way though, just like I’ve gotten really full after my meals.

Awww…you guys are all the BEST! You’ve really helped to motivate me to do better and to not let this little plateau get me down.

Ok, it may take a few weeks but I can do it!

Seriously…you are all awesome!
SweetTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:30 PM   #11  

Height: 6-1.5

why not just fast a day
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote