General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #1  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 165/165/145

Height: 5'3"

Question Driving me crazy! Please help!

So this has been a big problem for me the last couple of weeks. Let me give you the background... last month my boyfriend and I had a broken condom incident, we didn't want to take any chances, so I took Plan B. It worked, I got my period a little late, but it came. I'm still waiting for my period this month and while I can't think of a reason I would be pregnant, it was the first thing that came to mind when I was late. I took a pregnancy test a few days ago (when I was already a week late) and it came up negative. I've heard that Plan B can mess up your cycle for a while after you take it. Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I take another pregnancy test? See a doctor? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
elyseface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I took plan B once, and the period after I took it was super light but lasted like 3 weeks, so then I didn't really know when to expect my next period (should I count fron when my period should have ended or when the freak long period actually ended?). But it came eventually. I know it can be a little stressful. But if the pregnancy test came up negative it's probably accurate. You're body's just taking time to readjust
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #3  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

I was still pregnant after taking plan B.....
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #4  

I think your fine, I've had to take Plan B twice and both times my cycle changed a little bit. The fact that you got your period once and the test was negative makes me think you aren't pregnant. I know it's hard but maybe give it a couple more weeks and then take another test???

Broken condoms are such a pain!!!!
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:05 PM   #5  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

there's also the stress factor that can make your cycle out of whack. i'd just head to the doctor or planned parenthood they can confirm for you and maybe ease your mind.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote