General chatter - Driving me crazy! Please help!

View Full Version : Driving me crazy! Please help!

elyseface
07-30-2009, 01:53 PM
So this has been a big problem for me the last couple of weeks. Let me give you the background... last month my boyfriend and I had a broken condom incident, we didn't want to take any chances, so I took Plan B. It worked, I got my period a little late, but it came. I'm still waiting for my period this month and while I can't think of a reason I would be pregnant, it was the first thing that came to mind when I was late. I took a pregnancy test a few days ago (when I was already a week late) and it came up negative. I've heard that Plan B can mess up your cycle for a while after you take it. Does anyone have any experience with this? Should I take another pregnancy test? See a doctor? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Aclai4067
07-30-2009, 02:04 PM
I took plan B once, and the period after I took it was super light but lasted like 3 weeks, so then I didn't really know when to expect my next period (should I count fron when my period should have ended or when the freak long period actually ended?). But it came eventually. I know it can be a little stressful. But if the pregnancy test came up negative it's probably accurate. You're body's just taking time to readjust

mkroyer
07-30-2009, 02:18 PM
I was still pregnant after taking plan B.....

redsoxgirl
07-30-2009, 04:52 PM
I think your fine, I've had to take Plan B twice and both times my cycle changed a little bit. The fact that you got your period once and the test was negative makes me think you aren't pregnant. I know it's hard but maybe give it a couple more weeks and then take another test???

Broken condoms are such a pain!!!!

lizziep
07-31-2009, 01:05 PM
there's also the stress factor that can make your cycle out of whack. i'd just head to the doctor or planned parenthood they can confirm for you and maybe ease your mind. :)