Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'7"

Default Another Newbie!

A quick introduction: I used to be very athletic - yoga, kickboxing, weight lifting, biking, running -- I was awesome. Then I had a heartbreaking breakup and laying on the coach watching Law & Order reruns was about all I could handle.

Since then (3-4 years ago) I have dusted myself off and got on with my life, but I never returned to being as active. About 9/10ths of my wardrobe doesn't fit any longer which is incredibly depressing and now my "fat clothes" are beginning to get tight on me. I have a huge bin of jeans that I cannot fit into any longer.

My current bf thinks I look great, but he doesn't seem to get it through his thick skull that it doesn't matter how he feels about me -- it's how I feel about me. No matter how many times I tell him, he just doesn't get it. I'm disgusted with myself and depressed...but none of which gets me too motivated to do anything about it, though!

I'm 5'7" and 165lbs. With the economy being the way it is, I eat a lot of pasta & ramen noodles because they are cheap and filling.

I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan and travel around the country to see them, and this year is no exception. I'd like to lose a little weight before I see them in late August, a little more weight by the time I see them in September, and even more by October. I hang out with my friends and would like to not be the old, fat chick anymore. I'd like to get back to my touring weight in 2000 when the jeans I had -- size 8 -- would practically fall off. Now my size 12 is getting too small.

I'm thinking of buying the Shaun T Insanity workout dvds. It might help to drop the weight quickly and motivate me to get back to being active.
sweet carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:59 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC!

I would have to say pasta and ramen are not the most nutritious, healthy foods. You need some lean protein, whole grains, fruits, veggies. I know all about eating on a budget and it can be done.

Browse around the site. There's so much here in the line of support, advice and tips.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote