Support Groups - Short Girls (5'2" and Under) Support Thread - Part 2

mermaid20
07-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Welcome to everyone!

I hope all of our newcomers, as well as our old are joining us on this second thread of 5'2 and under!
-----------------------

How is everyone doing?

I have just been maintaining a weight i am not happy with at this point. I know exercise really helps me... but i havent been able to get myself to do it.

All summer, I am like... tomorrow I will do the 30 DS and it never happens... I just lay in bed, read books, surf the web and am totally and physically lazy.

mermaid20
07-30-2009, 12:09 AM
also- i think my addiction to the food network also needs to go.... It's all I like to watch on TV but when I sit down in front of it, all I can do is get hungry and dream about food and cooking and then I get cravings and want to try all these new foods... I think I have to ban the food network!

gymlee
07-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Hey again ladies!!!! A whole new thread, wow!

Mermaid- I'm sorry to hear your struggling. Maybe if you write down a list of things and reasons why you want to lose weight,maybe it will motivate you to move again. I know it's hard when you're in a bit of a depressed state but being physically active really helps, which I'm sure you already know. I've been struggling myself with it and finally I said enough is enough and I did 30DS yesterday and I really do feel better. I may not get to it today or tomorrow because I'm moving, but as soon as I settle into my new place I'll get back to it. As for the food network, if you think it's not good for you then I say really try to avoid watching it. If you want to be lazy and watch something, watch something totally unrelated to food.

How's everyone else?

mermaid20
07-30-2009, 06:26 PM
wow a whole new thread! lol...

aino
07-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Butterfly49: WOW - you started a month ago, and you've already lost about 8 lbs! that's fantastic! I hope you'll share your successful tips :) And welcome to the thread!

gymlee: I hope things are better for you this week! I'm glad you're back to doing 30DS!

I have two finals next week, so really stressed and tired. Working out is taking a back seat this week :(

gymlee
07-30-2009, 10:32 PM
LOL Mermaid. I just can't believe we've made so many posts that we need a new thread!!

Aino- Thanks! I sorry things are really stressful for you though! :( You can do it though! You're so strong and capable!!! :cheer2: As for the not exercising, we all need a break sometimes. I'm sure you'll get back to it.

ButterFly49
07-31-2009, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=2852102]Butterfly49: WOW - you started a month ago, and you've already lost about 8 lbs! that's fantastic! I hope you'll share your successful tips :) And welcome to the thread!

Well,aino; :o:o, I have been sticking like glue to the program-on green menu now. I've been to three pot lucks since starting on 7/6 and brought all my own food each time & there was no left overs- we all ate it up. I can't believe I'm not hungry or desiring that awesome chocolate, carrot cake etc. Just have to stay away - Today at the office we're having cake for b'day boss. I'll put a piece on my plate and not eat it. Please God, help me not to eat it. Just for today I can do it.:^:

Onederchic
07-31-2009, 11:07 AM
:wave:

aino
07-31-2009, 11:11 AM
butterfly: what's the program again?

chunky chic - :) hahah how are you doing?

ButterFly49
07-31-2009, 11:32 AM
[QUOTE=aino;2852849]butterfly: what's the program again?

The program of course is MRC which is the one I use today just One day at a Time.;)

Onederchic
07-31-2009, 12:09 PM
aino -

I am wonderful, thank you :D. How are you?

Quiet Ballerina
07-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Eek! New thread! So sorry to have disappeared. Welcome to everyone that's recently joined in! :)

Since aino and gymlee asked (I posted in the old thread about a horrible date I went on)...here are some of the details:

Background: I met this guy at a bar. We talked a little....to be honest he (and his friends) seemed a little immature, but when he asked for my number I gave it to him. I figured he deserved a 2nd chance at a first impression, or that he wouldn't call at all. He did end up calling, and he wanted me to meet him at the same bar to hang out with his friends. Then he asked me to dinner beforehand. He's 33 (I'm 24).

Well, we met at the restaurant and things were...okay....the conversation was a little awkward at times (he actually made a see-food/seafood joke).

(I'm trying to keep this from turning into a novel. There were a lot of things that went wrong on this date, so I'm just writing about some of the big things)

We took separate vehicles to the bar. At one point he and I were stopped at a red light and when it turned green he actually peeled out in his truck (on purpose, and he was watching me for my reaction. Was I supposed to swoon?). At that point I just wanted to go home. Instead, I went to the bar like I said I would.

His friends (6 or 7 people) were already there, and most of them were drunk. We were sitting in an outside area and in order to get to the main bar, you had to walk up some stairs. Well, one of the girls in the group kept looking up skirts as women walked up the stairs, and then telling the group what kind of underwear the women were wearing. Mature, right? :rolleyes:

A large portion of the conversation was either Harry Potter, Star Wars, or World of Warcraft/dungeons & dragons/etc. I have nothing against those things....but I'm also not particularly interested in them. So I was really bored. At one point I actually took out my cell phone and started texting, because I felt so left out of the conversation.

I'm not sure how this next topic came up....but then some of the group starting talking about my date's back hair. (Don't know if he actually has any or not....but they started talking about it). Then the conversation switched to (my date's) *ss hair. Now, I do not consider myself a prude...but I was so uncomfortable at this point. I didn't want to be around them or listen to any more of their conversation.

So I walked up the stairs (careful to hold my skirt since I didn't want that girl looking up it) and sat at the bar to talk with my friend that works there. I didn't want to be rude to my date, but after everything that had happened, I just stopped caring about if I offended anyone or not.

My date texted me a few days later asking me what happened. I told him everything that went wrong on our date, and although he wants a "2nd chance at a first impression" I don't see that happening. (I did apologize for being rude by leaving them all though.)

So that was my date. I'm sure if only a few things went wrong it would have been okay, but the crude humor pushed me over the edge.

How's everyone doing? It's raining here now, so I'd really like to just curl up in a chair with a book. Need to exercise first. Also need to plan what I'm eating for dinner...

aino
08-01-2009, 02:53 PM
chunky chic : doing wellish - will do better once my exams are done! :) and i start on the losing weight streak ;-)

ballerina: Wow - that really is one of the "best" bad date stories I've ever heard! I guess the only saving grace is that he does seem to at least follow up with phone calls etc. But his friends were really really gross and immature, especialyl since they knew he had a date present. They shouldn't have (even jokingly) made references to his a*& hair! good grief - how unclassy!

NM, Ballerina - onward to a more sophisticated guy with better friends! :)

Quiet Ballerina
08-02-2009, 11:01 AM
aino: Good luck on your exams! That's something I definitely don't miss from school. How many do you have left?

I got my bridesmaid dress in the mail yesterday! (I know, I'm months ahead of time...the wedding isn't until next year). I didn't want to go through the bridal store, especially since after I alter the length (and hopefully take it in a bit as the wedding gets closer) it will be hard to resell. So I looked on ebay and someone had the exact dress I needed, in my color, in my size, with everything it comes with....for half price. So I jumped on that wagon and got the dress yesterday. It's pretty....and it's actually slimming....but it's strapless so I hate my arms in it. :-P Definitely going to focus extra time on push ups and weights.

I am a sleepy girl...I want to crawl back into bed, but I have to be at work in an hour. :coffee:

gymlee
08-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Ballerina- Hahahahahahahah :lol3: Wow I can't believe that story! So funny yet so unbelievable! I can't believe there are such unclassy people out there. I guess there are.

Aino- I hope your exams are not stressing you out too much! When are they over?

As for me, well, I'm on my "I'm not eating because I'm too stressed" kick again. That and I'm kinda broke. And since I'm staying with a friend while my "apartment" (it's really more of an efficiency) gets ready, I'm kinda short on options that are healthy. I don't know which is worse for my metabolism, not eating much or eating processed crap? I'm not too concerned about the whole not working out as much as I would like right now because between the moving out of my apartment and all the running around and downstocking I do at work, I get my fill. Speaking of work, that has been so bananas. I've been in my new department a little over 2 weeks, and while things are better since I know a little more, I still feel so incapable with some stuff and that is frustrating. Also I have this special order in the works and I feel like I should be there to take care of it despite being off today and tomorrow. Logically I know that if I've left a message for it to be taken care of by my department manager that it should get done and I should relinquish a little bit of control but I'm having such a hard time with it. Plus tonight due to people being out sick or on leave there is no body closing the department and even though I'm pretty much maxed out with my hours this week (almost at a full 40) I feel like I need to be there to help when really it's not my job to do it. Ugh! I hate feeling the pull like this! I just need to let it go.

ButterFly49
08-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Hey Ballerina, thinking about that date you had, good think you took you own car as I like being able to leave when I want and not depending on someone else.... That's really a great way of taking care of yourself. :carrot:

Quiet Ballerina
08-04-2009, 06:57 PM
gymlee: That sounds like a lot of work and stress to take on. It's good that you're responsible, but it sounds like you might need to let things go a little bit. :) I'm the same way sometimes, so I know how hard it is. You just have to trust that people will do their job. If they don't? Well, then that's their fault. Let them take the blame.

butterfly I'm really glad I did that too. :) Thanks!

Quiet Ballerina
08-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Hey there! Happy Thursday! :)

Have to pat myself on the back, cause I made really good choices today and am doing great on the calories. Worked out yesterday, and plan to go to the gym tomorrow too. :carrot:

I really wanted to go out tonight (since I'm off tomorrow), but I knew beers at the pub would do too much damage to the calorie count. :( So I'm staying in tonight.

ajowens
08-06-2009, 10:40 PM
also- i think my addiction to the food network also needs to go.... It's all I like to watch on TV but when I sit down in front of it, all I can do is get hungry and dream about food and cooking and then I get cravings and want to try all these new foods... I think I have to ban the food network!

Did you see me on the cake challenge this year??? =(

Also, I would love to join you ladies!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar012/slide-toes/lb/175/135/164/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Quiet Ballerina
08-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Welcome ajowens! Sometimes we get a little quiet around here, but I think a few of us are still around. :)

Mini rant: My gym has a sign posted (at the front desk) saying no outside food or drink. That's a bunch of #$@%. They charge an arm and a leg between a membership sign up fee and monthly membership charges, and now on top of all that they want me to pay $5 for a bottle of water so I can have something to drink when I work out?!?! (Ok, it isn't really $5. But it is expensive, and I don't like to use plastic throw-away water bottles. I bring my own larger water bottle that I can re-use). :cool:

I noticed the sign last time I went in (with my water bottle) and I just hid it behind my purse. No one said anything to me while I was working out (I had the bottle in plain sight). When I left, I shoved it in my purse so no one would see. Haha :devil:

If they tell me something, I'm just going to look and see what kind of bottles they have. If it's something like Dasani, I'll just buy one at the store, and shove it in my purse when I walk in and out of the gym. Clean it at home and reuse it. :s: *evil laughter* To quote Empire Records (a really fantastic movie): "Damn the man!"

On the flip side: They probably just posted the sign because when people bring kids to the pool, quite a few of them bring lunches from home (because the lunches at the grill are expensive and offer some really unhealthy choices). I guess they want people to stop doing that. I haven't bought anything from the grill in a LONG time, but I remember they used to have mozzarella sticks. (Might still serve them.) Who serves FRIED CHEESE at a gym?!?!

ajowens
08-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks so much!

gymlee
08-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Ballerina- Thanks. I tried to let it go but I had to pop into work anyway that day to check on a time off request that is now null and void (I'll get into that in a minute) and came to find out that my special order was taken care of. Phew! But it turns out working that night may not have been the worst thing because I ended up having to take off for quite a few days to come up to Maine because my grandfather passed away which is why I've been MIA for a while :( I'm going back on Monday and hopefully going to try and make up what I can hours wise but we'll see how I feel. It's been an emotional few days and I haven't been working out or eating like I should so I'm feeling really off. I'm hoping to get back on track come Monday.

Btw Ballerina, that is bananas about that rule at your gym. The food I can understand but the drink? Nobody's gonna wanna buy water when they can bring it with them for free.

Welcome Aj!!

How is everyone else doing?

Quiet Ballerina
08-09-2009, 12:09 AM
gymlee I'm so sorry about your grandfather! :hug:

I think the rule at my gym is mostly aimed at people going to the pool (which isn't me most of the time)....because tonight I went (for an hour on the elliptical! I was so proud!) and once again, no one said anything about my water bottle.

I will say this (good thing) about my gym: they have little TV's on every elliptical machine (and the treadmills, and on a lot of those type of machines) and I loooove it. :love: Sometimes music just isn't enough. Tonight I was watching Legally Blonde while I worked out. Haha I think that's why I stayed an hour...I really wanted to see the courtroom scene, and by the time that was over I figured I might as well stay til the end of the movie!

mermaid20
08-09-2009, 12:13 PM
I've been away, because I am ashamed with myself. A few weeks before my summer vacation - aka bikini - i sabotaged myself. didnt work out, ate ridiculously and now i look ridiculous. I gained like 4 pounds in less than two weeks?? I'm almost at 117 now and that's higher than ive been in a really really long time. I'll never get to 100 if i keep going up...

Nella
08-09-2009, 02:05 PM
I thought I would pop in here as well and say hello. Still new to the site and trying to figure out where I belong. I'm definitely a shorty, my husband wouldn't want it any other way, lol.

I wanted to respond to Ballerina's gym post. That to me is ridiculous. I'm not sure that's entirely legal to force people to buy their water. I would really assume it's aimed at people bringing lunches and sodas in for the pool. I would keep on keeping on with my own personal water bottle if I were you. The most they will tell you is "no" in which case I would be looking for another gym...

Quiet Ballerina
08-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Welcome Nella! I don't think the gym is doing anything illegal because they technically aren't forcing you to buy the water. Some people don't drink water during their workouts. I'm definitely going to continue to bring my own water bottle though.

Have any of y'all seen the movie The Ugly Truth? I'm going this Wednesday and so excited. I need a good funny romantic comedy. :)

mermaid: Just jump back on the wagon! Don't harp on what you should have done, focus on what you will do. :carrot:

aino
08-10-2009, 06:00 PM
gymlee: sorry about your grandfather! My condolences!

welcome to the newbies! :)

I just finished my two finals, and pretty much slept like the dead this past week! I feel like I should jump back into the wagon myself....if only there was a way to train my body and mind to crave smaller portions of healthy, wholesome food - and to forget about all junk food! :)

Quiet Ballerina
08-10-2009, 07:19 PM
aino: Yaaaay for finals being over! Congratulations!! :high:

There needs to be a 'pat yourself on the back' smiley. :cp: For now, that one will do. Worked out again tonight. 50 minutes on the elliptical. :cp:

aino
08-11-2009, 12:03 PM
ballerina: thanks! :) I'm so relieved! :) and good job on working out! :) that's awesome! I need to start working out properly as well!

aino: Yaaaay for finals being over! Congratulations!! :high:

There needs to be a 'pat yourself on the back' smiley. :cp: For now, that one will do. Worked out again tonight. 50 minutes on the elliptical. :cp:

Nella
08-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Congrats on your finals :)

gymlee
08-13-2009, 04:01 AM
Thank you ladies for your condolences! :hug:

Welcome Nella!

I have been unable to get back on the wagon since returning from Maine at least when it comes to food. I went to salsa tonight at the very least and got a little exercise in but I still feel really behind though I'm sure to be making up for it when I'm moving all my crap over the next few days. I'm very overwhelmed with all these changes. I just can't wait for things to settle down a bit more so I can get back into the groove of everything.

aino
08-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Congrats on your finals :)

gracias! :D

aino
08-13-2009, 03:53 PM
I am in the same boat as u, gymlee! After the finals, it's been hard ot get back on track - on top of that, my parents are coming to visit == eating out, cooking elaborate meals etc + little to no time for exercise!

Aah well, sooN! :D

Thank you ladies for your condolences! :hug:

Welcome Nella!

I have been unable to get back on the wagon since returning from Maine at least when it comes to food. I went to salsa tonight at the very least and got a little exercise in but I still feel really behind though I'm sure to be making up for it when I'm moving all my crap over the next few days. I'm very overwhelmed with all these changes. I just can't wait for things to settle down a bit more so I can get back into the groove of everything.

Quiet Ballerina
08-17-2009, 12:50 AM
:( Shame on me. I haven't worked out in a few days. Aiming to go tomorrow before work though.

nb3
08-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi! I'm a total shorty and hoping to join your group.

Loved the date story, esp. the peeling out part. Hysterical!

mermaid20
08-18-2009, 12:49 PM
welcome mb3!

How is everyone doing? I was visiting BF's family and as I said before, no matter what, if I am with them, I gain 3-5 pounds every time. Unfortunately I gained a lot this time and it is right before my vacation- i am going this week for a week, so I won't be around but now I have to be wearing a bikini at my heaviest the whole summer!!! Ugh... now I have about 17-18 pounds to lose.

aino
08-18-2009, 01:18 PM
welcome nb3!

mermaid - that sucks that you gained! But I hope you enjoyed your visit !:)

Quiet Ballerina
08-19-2009, 02:03 AM
Welcome nb3!

mermaid: Hope you have an awesome time at the beach. Don't let the extra pounds get you down! Just jump back on track asap!

Got my booty back to the gym tonight. :carrot: but only stayed for 30 minutes. Aiming to go longer tomorrow.

aino
08-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Ballerina - good job! :)

Tuca125
08-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Hi! I'm whit 5'1 hoping to start my journey soon.

Now I have 6 weeks to go... I have been taking care of myself like never before.

I was in the middle of my journey when I found out that I was preg, I did not want my 20 pounds lose to be a waste ... so I keep writing down everything I ate and keep exercise.

So here I am almost ready to join again......

mermaid20
08-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Congrats on the baby!!! I'm jealous.

You will probably lose the weight so quickly once the baby comes too.

How exciting!

Quiet Ballerina
08-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Hey whit! Congrats on the baby!! Welcome to the group.

I worked out Thursday for an hour :carrot:
skipped workout Friday :nono:
Tonight will be a DVD or gym :chin:

Looking forward to being off from work tomorrow. :twirly:

Haha I am digging the smiley faces today. :bubbles:

Nella
08-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Congrats on the baby!

I hope everyone is doing well. I skipped my workout yesterday to have family board game night and go to school open house for the kids. Yay for school starting again!!

I've been sticking with my diet/ exercise regime for 3 weeks. I think I might try South Beach to really get me going though. I get so discouraged eating better and killing myself working out and not seeing that scale going down. I want instant gratification, lol. I think if I could see 10 or 15 pounds gone, I will feel like I am getting somewhere.

My DH told me the other day that his 20 year high school reunion is in November and he RSVP'd that we would be going, so now I really have motivation to get the pounds off quickly. I've never met any of his HS friends. Plus he's 10 years older than me, so I want to be his "trophy wife" when we show up, hehe :)

gymlee
08-31-2009, 01:36 AM
Hello again ladies! I'm sorry that I've seemingly dropped off the face off the earth. I was lurking reading what was here but never writing anything. I decided today that I would though. I'm all settled in my new place but I've been struggling with other changes in my life and trying to make decisions that I've been unable to get back on track. I'm really struggling with recommitting myself to the process since for me it's all about the mindset to really make this work. I'm determined though to work through this rough patch and get back on track. I know I will soon.

How is everyone else doing?

aino
09-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Nella: hahaha good luck! I'm sure you'll be in awesome shape by November! :)

Gymlee: welcoem back! I've been lurking too... i'm moving this weekend, so it's been a bit busy. The plan is once i'm settled in, to start the diet part again! :)

gymlee
09-05-2009, 02:39 AM
Good luck with the move Aino!!!

Things are still crazy here for me because just when I thought I had made all the major decisions I thought I would have to make this month something else came in to upset my apple cart! And then on top of that, it changed back so now I'm not sure which way is up (which I'm currently trying to correct by spending more time upside down in a handstand against the wall to see if that'll regulate me haha). But in some ways, it's good things went back to the way I thought they would be back on Wednesday because it actually make a healthy lifestlye more easily attainable, which for me is on the top of my priority list next to school right now. I just started on Wednesday going back to school fulltime and working partime at Lowes. It's going to make finances interesting for a little while, however, in the long run it'll be more beneficial to be in school and get to my goal weight faster.

Quiet Ballerina
09-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey! I've turned into a lurker again. Wasn't doing great with exercise or eating, so there wasn't much to report. I wasn't even weighing myself.

A couple of nights ago, I was up late watching infomercials (I lead such an exciting life ;) ) and I saw one for the skinny switch secret. Googled it, looked it up on here, and while a lot of people seem to like it....the price is a bit steep. You have to sign up for 6 months, and then you get 6 months free. While they advertise it around $6 a week...that quickly adds up and you end up paying about 155 dollars. Eek.

While searching, I came across something that claims to be quite similar, for much much less. It's called fat loss 4 idiots.
Anyway...it's $40 (one time fee) with a money back guarantee...so I decided to give it a shot. I needed something to kick my butt, and I thought if I got a set meal plan that it would be better for me.

When you sign up, it has a bunch of information (I skipped over most of it for now) and you get to fill out a form, checking off up to 30 items that you like to eat. The list isn't huge, but there was still a nice assortment. I picked out 23 items and I consider myself a fairly picky eater. One big thing: very few carbs and chocolate is a no-no. This part will be VERY hard for me. I'll be trying to curb my sweet tooth with fruit instead.

My first day (yesterday) started off fine food wise. Made great choices for breakfast and lunch. Dinner rolled around and they had pizza at work....so I had 2 pieces which definitely wasn't on my diet.

Today's my second day. I've done great so far. Still have dinner left to eat, and I know exactly what I'll be eating.

I'm writing things down in my journal, and weighing myself more. The diet is in cycles of 11 days. Basically, once I filled out which foods I like, the site generates an 11 day meal plan (4 meals a day) for me. I can change up the order of my meals that day (which is really nice). It tells you what you can drink and which condiments you can use. After an 11 day cycle, I have 3 days to eat whatever I want. Then, I start up the 11 day cycle again.

It's basically calorie shifting, for those of you that are familiar with it.

I just really wanted my meals planned out. Sometimes the suggestions are kind of weird. Yesterday, one of my meal options was roast beef slices, sausage links, and a bowl of oatmeal. However, you don't have to eat all 3 options....so I made that my breakfast and just had the oatmeal (particularly since i had to go to the store. I didn't have roast beef or sausage links.)

Anyway...if y'all are curious about more of my meals I'll be happy to post more information about it. Unless someone asks though, I'm just going to post updates about my exercise, if I stuck to the eating plan, and how my weight is changing.

I'm sure it was probably water weight, but yesterday I was 165.6 and today I was 163.6! I had to re-weigh to make sure my scale was accurate.

gymlee
09-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Ballerina- That's an interesting program. I personally don't like that kind of thing but if it works for you then awesome!

I actually have news to report! I have crossed the 40lbs loss mark! :goodscale: :hat: *And* I'm a mere 2lbs from Onderland! :cp: I'm really stoked and I'd love to be under 200 by my birthday which is a week from today on the 17th. I've also started to notice the difference in my body since I switched departments. Since I'm a lot more active lifting things and moving around my arm muscles are looking good, especially my shoulders, they are rockin' :cheer2:

School's good and I'm starting to get into a rhythm but I got a little disrupted by a bug but hopefully I'll be back in the gym within the next few days. I'm really excited and feeling good about everything that's going on even though I'm a little stressed out right now when it comes to finances and boys (Oy! Same boy, all kinds of new issues) but I know I'm going to be good.

Sorry I went a little smiley face happy haha :lol3:

mermaid20
09-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Sorry I have been gone so long. Life sucks right now.

BUT!!

congrats gymlee. I am so proud of you!! 40 pounds is a huge accomplishment. I am jealous but happy for you.

and ballerina... I'd love to hear more about the program you are talking about, maybe see a menu sample of one day. That sounds like something that would be great for me. I used to calorie count and it helped so much, but doing it all on my own got a little hard. If you dont want to post here you can always private message me.

So, I stopped using fit day to track calories and I wasn't planning healthy meals and I stopped doing 30 day shred. I tried to do 30 day shred after months and months of not doing it and i was back to day one but worse. I couldnt make it through it. i felt so weak and defeated and out of breath. I've gained weight, I think I am at 117 now. So, trying to get my butt back in gear so the holiday season wont throw me off too much.

I need some motivation.

Quiet Ballerina
09-11-2009, 01:13 AM
gymlee: Congrats on the weight loss!! :carrot: that is so awesome!

I wanted to add (about the new diet/program...whatever you want to call it :) )

Although it claims I can eat whatever I want for 3 days, I obviously do NOT plan on sitting on my booty for 3 days eating nothing but fast food and cake. ;) I'm still going to make good choices, I just plan on allowing some wiggle room. It'll be during those 3 days that I have a beer or 2, or a couple of cookies. Some kind of treat for myself.

I was so happy when I went to the grocery store today. They have all this great fruit in season! I got kiwis, plums, peaches, watermelon, bananas... yum. I've already eaten 4 kiwis tonight! Haha

vixjean
09-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Hi shorties!
Congrats on the losses so far.
I am re-motivated, and working out a lot again.
Much Luck =)

gymlee
09-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Thanks Mermaid and Ballerina!

Mermaid- Don't be jealous! You have already lost a considerable amount yourself and you can continue to do it. Just put your mind to it and you'll be able to acccomplish what you want as long as it's *worth* it to you.

Ballerina- I like how you look at the plan. Not going overboard but giving yourself the leeway to have a treat. I love all that fruit you mentioned. I'm totally craving bananas and kiwis now haha.

Welcome back Vix!

gymlee
09-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Wow did everyone drop off the face of the earth?

Not much to report here besides having had my 24th birthday on Thursday and I'm a mere 1lb away from onderland. I'm happy though! People are really starting to see a difference in me. Anyway, lots to do between school and work but I thought I'd stop in and check to see how everyone was doing!

mermaid20
09-21-2009, 02:10 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GYMLEE AND CONGRATS!!! I hope you are feeling very proud of yourself. You lost 42 pounds and now are down to 200!! That is so awesome. A birthday present for yourself.

I came on to check and see how everyone else is doing. I don't know why I stopped posting. I guess because I felt upset. I mean I still do, but I'm trying to challenge my issues through motivation instead.

I weighed in at 116 today. Which is better than it was, but a few months ago I had been at 111.5 so, I am upset that I am back up at 116. I gave up on Jillian's 30 Day Shred and I started her Boost Metabolism. It's an hour workout and after 20 minutes, my lungs hurt, my heart felt like it was going to have an attack and I was sweating and tired. So I did an intense 20 minutes, half-@$$ed the next 20 minutes and then totally ditched the last 20 minutes. But I figure I should be happy I worked out at all. Normally I lounge around doing nothing and it shows now on my body. So, if I keep at it, it should get easier and I should be able to handle it better and eventually make it through. It's just so hard starting to exercise when I am such an out-of-shape lazy lump of a person LOL.

My boyfriend of seven years and I are planning to get engaged in the next couple of months and I wanted it to be motivation to lose these last 16 pounds. But, we got into this fight, and like he said some things that have just been so devastating to me and I don't know how to move on. He said that when we first met, seven years ago, he looked at me as if I was perfect. But now, he looks at me and see flaws. i hate knowing that he is looking at me and sees things physically wrong with me. I mean, he is no where near perfect himself, but yet, he is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with and therefore, when I think about him when we are apart, or if I do see him in person- to me he is better looking and perfect than probably anyone else would think. And for him to now judge me, MORE than someone on the street would is just devastating.

FitGirlyGirl
09-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Power to the Short Chicks! I love that there is a thread for us shorties. Hello all.

Mermaid - I am sorry about you and your boyfriend having some issues.

Quiet Ballerina
09-21-2009, 09:28 PM
:(
I fell off the wagon. My diet plan went out the window, and I haven't been working out.

I'm bummed at myself. It's really hard to stay on plan at work. At one of my jobs, there was literally a BAG of candy delivered to the office one day. Other days people are often ordering out. If I get something, I get a salad with dressing on the side....but still. At the other job, there is sooo much junk food that it's hard for me to stay away. Blah.

I have to look awesome in a dress by May of 2010, and that means losing weight and toning up my arms. I will be SO upset with myself if I don't get my act together. It's bad enough I'm the only short bridesmaid; I refuse to be the short, fat bridesmaid.

So now, even though I'm tired and I'd much rather curl up in bed in my PJ's...I'm going to pull on workout clothes and go to the gym.

Happy Birthday Gymlee!! Congratulations on being so close to one-derland!

mermaid that's a crappy thing for your boyfriend to say. :( Shame on him. :nono:

gymlee
09-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Thanks or the Bday wishes!!!

Mermaid- BFBM (Banish Fat Boost Metabolism) is insanely hard but it will get better. It's initially such a shock to the system because it is so cardiovascularly oriented and if you haven't been active for a while it will kick your ***. *But* it will improve and you'll see great strides in your endurance. I have found since I did that video my endurance is so amazingly high which is ridiculous to me because I always used to be the person whose endurance would petter out before my muscle strength ever did (I could go on and on with weight/resistance training but could only take so much cardio) but now it's the inverse so now I find myself digging deep for the strength to keep lifting when I can just hum along in a spin class. It's so bizarre haha And as for your boyfriend, the longer people are together the more they see all the different sides to their significant other. I'm not saying that it was right for him to say what he said in a negative way, but it's only natural for him to start seeing all the sides of you, flaws and all and take it and accept it and love you for who you are. If he can do that, then that's all that matters, and if he can't, you may want to start re-assessing the relationship.

Ballerina- Aw!!! I hear you on days like that. You can do it though! Just remind yourself of what's worth it and make your choices accordingly. For example, when you want to eat cake for breakfast instead of cereal and fruit, ask yourself "Is this moving me closer or further away from my goal? Is it worth it?" And I know it can be exhausting to think about it all the time and be so conscious of what you're doing but that's the only way you're going to get it done.

As for me, today I hit the gym again and did 30 mins on the ellipitical and 25 mins of weight training (the first time of actual training with weights and machines in weeks!) for pull muscles (hamstrings, biceps, back) and then a little stretching. I felt so insanely accomplish! I still do, but my excitement is wearing down a bit since I'm so tired. So it's bedtime for me. Gym again in the morning hopefully as long as I'm not too sore! :)

Quiet Ballerina
09-30-2009, 08:47 PM
162!!!!!

The weather is awesome and cool in the mornings, so I'm planning on waking up and taking morning walks with my dog. That's a new goal for me. It will also help me to get my booty out of bed in the morning (even if I don't have to work until the afternoon)....otherwise I'll sleep in way too late.

I am so excited to be down to 162.
2 more pounds and I'm treating myself to a manicure (courtesy of a coupon I got last Christmas and never used. haha thank goodness it doesn't expire)

Does anyone else have 'goal rewards' that you've set for yourself? I have a basic list of rewards...mostly just set by price range. New book or purse, manicure....things like that. The big reward for myself at the end will be new clothes, so I know that will be an expensive one.

Lynn101
10-01-2009, 03:44 PM
HI! I'm short and overweight too... glad to see there are those out there that feel the same way I do. :D

Don't you hate it that 5lbs on you feels and looks like 15?! UGH! Sometimes being short is cute but other times, it is very annoying. I must embrace it though. THIS IS ME! Any tips for me ladies?? I am watching what I eat and exercising 2-3 times a week. I have a way to go but I am DETERMINED to get these lbs off of me.

Quiet Ballerina: My rewards are monthly based on weight loss. I divided it into 4 months. First is a new outfit, then a Coach purse, then a watch, and lastly an SLR camera! I can't wait til I get that one. Self portraits here I come!! hehe

A new wardrobe is a good one! I however have tons of clothes which right now are just staring me in the face every time I walk into my closet. GRRR!! They are telling me "hey fattie, stop eating chocolate, we're bored in here and want to go out and see the sunlight." LOL!

augurey
10-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Would you girls mind if I stepped in here?

Another shortie of a grand total of 5'1 :)

gymlee
10-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Welcome newbies!

Ballerina- Congrats!!!! I have to say sadly I do not have a rewards system. I have things I know I want to get when the time is right i.e. smaller clothes when I no longer have clothes that fit as I shrink (I think I have sizes as small as an 8/10) and latin/rhythm shoes for dance when my feet get small enough to fit into them without having my little fat buldge hanging off the sides (yes even my feet are fat) but nothing for the interum. I feel like seeing the scale go down is reward enough sometimes, though may be having a system could be nice. I'd have to think of things that are worth it.

As for an update for me, I've just gotten over being sick. I hit the gym last week and the next day or so later I came down with a flu and just got over it yesterday enough to make it to salsa dancing. I'm going to try and hit the gym over the weekend or at least be on the more active side. But definitely going to get myself back on track starting Monday. I'd really like to weigh in under 200 when I go to the endocrinologist on Friday :)

Quiet Ballerina
10-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Lynn: Welcome to the group! I hear ya on the clothes...I figure I'll sort through my closet when I hit my goal weight (and along the way too...I feel like I have pants in every size.)

augurey: Welcome to you as well! I'm right there with ya at 5'1"

gymlee: What a bummer that you've been sick! I'm glad you're feeling better though. :)

Quiet Ballerina
10-07-2009, 03:06 AM
..I hear nothing but cricket chirps....what's going on? :(

kamesennin
10-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Hello! You guys remember me? lol I've been bad about coming back here to check on the threads. So good news, I had borderline high cholesterol last year (204 total, LDL of 140) and now this year it is 187 total, and my LDL is down 19 pts. Not bad! Now I just have to lose the last 20 lbs and I should be able to get that LDL even lower to where it is supposed to be. Anyway just wanted to share--results you can't see are just as important as what is outside! PS I'm only 30 so having such high LDL cholesterol is quite embarrassing :o

I celebrated by going to Lululemon to buy a new sports bra. I LOVE that place. The bra straps are adjustable, which is good for us shorties. Suprisingly hard feature to find on sports bras! You might get sticker shock at the prices, though. :devil:

gymlee
10-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Hello! Sorry I've been super busy with work and school and then I was away over the weekend. My trip to the endo was pretty productive. She was very impressed by my progress! :) I just got my results today too and everything was in the normal range including my thyroid! Whew!!! I'm so happy to not have to go and change dosages again! Finally I'm where I'm supposed to be at!

On another positive note I have finally weighed in under 200 and I hit the gym today! It's funny, I'm actually pretty motivated to do more- I don't know why but a Jillian video is sound really good- though I don't want to overexert myself. I had hit the gym for a little over an hour so it should be sufficient, plus I have a lot of activity planned for the rest of the week. I'll see how I feel in another 20 mins and if I have the energy then MAYBE I'll do more. :)

How's everyone doing?

Air81
10-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Hey All! Just joined this week! We should do clothing sizes at our current weights. I am always curious about that (I know they vary alot) as I have only been under 200 (195) once and and it was when I was 17 before college, so not in my adult life.

KurLEQ
10-15-2009, 01:48 AM
Wow, I'm always at the 20 somethings board and never even knew this thread existed! I'm a fellow shorty... 5'2, 167lbs.

Air81, I like your idea about clothing sizes. My mother (140's) and my sister (lower 160's) ALWAYS tell me my clothes are too big for me but I'd rather not be squished into a pair of pants. My favorite jeans are a 1X (14/16) from Fashion to Figure and most of the other jeans I wear are 16. In shirts I usually buy an XL but when I bought this awesome sweater from Old Navy last week (XL) I had to return it because it was too big!

Air81
10-16-2009, 02:44 AM
Hey Everyone! Joining the thread! Excited for this adventure...I know shocking.

kamesennin
10-16-2009, 05:57 AM
Wow, I'm always at the 20 somethings board and never even knew this thread existed! I'm a fellow shorty... 5'2, 167lbs.

Air81, I like your idea about clothing sizes. My mother (140's) and my sister (lower 160's) ALWAYS tell me my clothes are too big for me but I'd rather not be squished into a pair of pants. My favorite jeans are a 1X (14/16) from Fashion to Figure and most of the other jeans I wear are 16. In shirts I usually buy an XL but when I bought this awesome sweater from Old Navy last week (XL) I had to return it because it was too big!

Ahhh to be young and in my 20s! lol I turned 30 this year. ha ha ha that's really funny for some reason.

Anyone have any tips on losing the last 20 lbs? I have been stuck for about a year now. Wow that is a long time. I'm not out of shape and exercise often (when I am not sick--I'm sick right now, ugh!!). Maybe I just need to have my mouth stapled shut.

gymlee
10-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Anyone have any tips on losing the last 20 lbs? I have been stuck for about a year now. Wow that is a long time. I'm not out of shape and exercise often (when I am not sick--I'm sick right now, ugh!!). Maybe I just need to have my mouth stapled shut.

Awww I hear you on the struggles that sometimes make me want to staple my mouth shut as well. As for losing the rest of it I say you may want to pick up Jillian Michaels' book called Making the Cut. It's more about how to lose the last 10-15 but I'm sure you could use it to lose the last 20. Good luck!

As for me, I did really good with hitting the gym/working out/ being active so but sadly my hip and hamstring started to bother me yesterday so I took it easy from working out yesterday and today. I may do something light tomorrow since my hamstring is feeling a lot better, it's just my hip now that's a little nagging but I have to say I don't think it's from overuse or anything. I have a feeling it's something else. Anyway, I'm sure it'll resolve itself soon. :)

Quiet Ballerina
10-16-2009, 11:29 PM
kamesennin: that is AWESOME about your cholesterol! :carrot: Congrats!! Thanks for the info about Lululemon, the prices seem comparable to some that I'd consider (like Champion) so maybe I'll treat myself to one later on down the road. :) I'll have to order online though...they don't have a store in my state. :(

gymlee Woo hoo! Congratulations on making it to one-derland!! :carrot: Hope your hip and hamstring start feeling better. :(

Air81 Welcome to the group! I weigh about 162 (have to check tomorrow) and I think wear a size 14 in jeans (old navy) It's finally cold enough here where I can wear pants, so I'll have to see. Shirt size varies depending on the cut, but I usually wear a L (or a M if it's very stretchy)

Air81
10-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Ahhh to be young and in my 20s! lol I turned 30 this year. ha ha ha that's really funny for some reason.

Releana works well for the stubborn weight. Its natural HCG but you have to go through a doctor to get it. It drops it fast, but has an 85% keep it off according to people that have used it.

mermaid20
10-17-2009, 12:55 AM
Sorry I have been gone for so long...

So excited to see so many new girls!!! Welcome to ALL.

So yeah, I've been going back up. I think I am at 117 now. I'm getting married in probably 9 months and my brother is getting married in about 5 months... and I really wanted to be around 105-110. I can't seem to get these pounds off. i stopped working out so, i am all flab again... no muscle or definition or anything... just fat flabby lazy and disgusting. I'm hoping if I can get myself to start working out... I can lost the seven pounds I've started to gain. It is so hard to motivate myself to work out. its painful!!!

Oh yeah, and I never know my size... in shirts I am mostly an XS or small, but sometimes depending on the brand I need a medium. In pants, again, depending on brand I vary from a size four to a size seven... thats a huge difference. I consider myself to be a 5 or 6 i think. I have more fat around my stomach butt and thighs so in pants i lean more towards five/six, but for dresses i lean more towards 4/5 i think.

kamesennin
10-17-2009, 05:33 AM
Releana works well for the stubborn weight. Its natural HCG but you have to go through a doctor to get it. It drops it fast, but has an 85% keep it off according to people that have used it.

I have a friend who tried that--interesting. How does it work, exactly? I think my problems are more of a psychological issue more than anything. Why do I need a protective layer of fat/why am I needing to eat when stressed/what causes food cravings blah blah blah. I could psychoanalyize myself to the moon and back. :dizzy:

kamesennin
10-17-2009, 05:35 AM
kamesennin: that is AWESOME about your cholesterol! :carrot: Congrats!! Thanks for the info about Lululemon, the prices seem comparable to some that I'd consider (like Champion) so maybe I'll treat myself to one later on down the road. :) I'll have to order online though...they don't have a store in my state. :(

gymlee Woo hoo! Congratulations on making it to one-derland!! :carrot: Hope your hip and hamstring start feeling better. :(

Air81 Welcome to the group! I weigh about 162 (have to check tomorrow) and I think wear a size 14 in jeans (old navy) It's finally cold enough here where I can wear pants, so I'll have to see. Shirt size varies depending on the cut, but I usually wear a L (or a M if it's very stretchy)

Thanks! Everything at Lulu is so fashionable--I am dying to get a pair of pants. $100 for pants? They better hold your *** way up into the air for that price!!

kamesennin
10-17-2009, 05:39 AM
Sorry I have been gone for so long...

So excited to see so many new girls!!! Welcome to ALL.

So yeah, I've been going back up. I think I am at 117 now. I'm getting married in probably 9 months and my brother is getting married in about 5 months... and I really wanted to be around 105-110. I can't seem to get these pounds off. i stopped working out so, i am all flab again... no muscle or definition or anything... just fat flabby lazy and disgusting. I'm hoping if I can get myself to start working out... I can lost the seven pounds I've started to gain. It is so hard to motivate myself to work out. its painful!!!

Oh yeah, and I never know my size... in shirts I am mostly an XS or small, but sometimes depending on the brand I need a medium. In pants, again, depending on brand I vary from a size four to a size seven... thats a huge difference. I consider myself to be a 5 or 6 i think. I have more fat around my stomach butt and thighs so in pants i lean more towards five/six, but for dresses i lean more towards 4/5 i think.

You can do it! A wedding dress is a great motivator--as well as wedding night lingerie. You know I wish I was 117 again, I worked my *** off to get there and that is as far as I got for my wedding. Have not seen that number for almost 7 yrs now, lol. I have faith I can reach that number again but I wonder what it will take. There should be a biggest loser for the last 20 lbs, I'd sign up so fast for that. It seems to be a whole different ball game when you don't have much left to go.

kamesennin
10-17-2009, 05:41 AM
gymlee, I'm going to go get that book by Jillian. I love her 30 day shred so I bet I would like her books too. How is your hammy today?

Quiet Ballerina
10-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Clothing size: I just tried on my jeans (old navy, size 12) from last year and they fit, but they've been stretched out. Their jeans are really stretchy usually, but I'm still so glad they fit. I was nervous they'd be too tight and I'd have to buy a bigger size. :( (it is SO cold here! 2 days ago I was wearing shorts and now it's 50 degrees!)

kamesennin: $100 for pants is out of my price range. Haha I only looked at their sports bras. For a good sports bra, I'd be okay with spending around $40.

mermaid: Look at how far you've come though! I know it's so easy to get down on yourself, but cheer up! gymlee said it best (to me) on page 4 of this thread:
Just remind yourself of what's worth it and make your choices accordingly. For example, when you want to eat cake for breakfast instead of cereal and fruit, ask yourself "Is this moving me closer or further away from my goal? Is it worth it?"

I have to finish getting ready for work. Y'all have a great day! Make smart choices! ;)

Air81
10-17-2009, 09:06 PM
I have a friend who tried that--interesting. How does it work, exactly? I think my problems are more of a psychological issue more than anything. Why do I need a protective layer of fat/why am I needing to eat when stressed/what causes food cravings blah blah blah. I could psychoanalyize myself to the moon and back. :dizzy:

It only works in starvation mode which isn't hard for my because I am never hungry anyway. It makes your body use your stored fat for energy and boosts your metabolism. I just started a week ago so I will do an official weigh in tomorrow. I will let you know.

kamesennin
10-18-2009, 07:22 AM
kamesennin: $100 for pants is out of my price range. Haha I only looked at their sports bras. For a good sports bra, I'd be okay with spending around $40.

This is the one I got: (ta ta tamer) http://shop.lululemon.com/Ta_Ta_Tamer/pd/np/520/p/1301.html
It was $58, only slightly less expensive than my Enell, plus there is a store here so I didn't have to pay shipping. What size are you on top? It was either this one or an Enell size 0--the lululemon one is great because of the straps. Plus I like that it is mostly synthetic with a high lycra content.

Maybe now that the plague has finally left our apt I will get more chances to actually put it to good use! I could only manage a Leslie Sansone dvd today, and I don't need to wear a sports bra for that.

gymlee
10-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Wow you ladies have been chatty! And thanks for the congrats!

Ballerina: Thanks for quoting me! That made me smile! :)

My hamstring is doing a lot better but I just took a fall off the ladder at work last night and I think I may have done something to my hip just when my other problem seemed to have resolved itself and now I have something else to make life fun and interesting. It's more sore and the pain has spread to the back of my hip/lower back and is radiating down the top of my thigh as well. I have an appt with the chiropractor on Friday because the of the mechanism of injury and how it's close to my back. Even if I do start to feel better soon, I'm def out of the gym for the week. So frustrating! Oh well :shrug: Che sara, sara!

goob
10-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Hello Everyone! Short girl here! I started my diet 1 1/2 months ago at 149lbs. I decided to start the south beach diet 2 weeks ago and it has not helped me at all. I've actually gained 1.2 lbs while on it. I was so stressed out about gaining and not losing. I was working out 1 hour 5 times a week and I wasn't losing anything. I finally went off the south beach diet and headed to the buffet. I ate all the food that I wanted to eat and the next day I FINALLY lost 2 lbs. I was shocked. Has this ever happened to anyone??

Quiet Ballerina
10-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Welcome goob! What sort of exercise were you doing? Maybe you need to mix up your routine more, so your body doesn't get used to the same exercise. Are you limiting yourself to a certain number of calories? Sometimes it helps to calorie shift (for example: if you have 1200 calories 3 days a week, 1500 cal 2 days a week, and between 1300-1400 cals 2 days a week). By shifting the calorie amount, you keep your metabolism guessing.

I was very excited to see the scale read 161.4 this morning! :carrot: I spent the weekend out of town, visiting family, so I tried to watch what I ate...but I also allowed myself stuff I would normally try to avoid. Definitely expected to come home and see a gain.

I'm thinking about getting a personal trainer at my gym. For 5 sessions (an hour each) it's $220.

the pros:
~I'll get someone to show me how to properly use the equipment
(right now I really only go to the gym for the elliptical machines)
~spending that much (and scheduling with a trainer) will make me go
~I'll lose weight more efficiently

the cons:
~MONEY. After those first 5 sessions (if I sign up for more), the cost goes up. I really hate my gym sometimes. Greedy jerks.
~The sessions are an hour each. Eep. Might be a little overwhelming. But maybe I need that.

...I can't think of any other cons. Unless I really dislike my trainer and I'm stuck with her for 5 sessions.

thoughts?

Quiet Ballerina
10-28-2009, 01:51 AM
I woke up this morning and was 160.2
I didn't believe the scale, so I re-weighed myself about 5 times.

Was going to wait until Thursday to update my ticker, but I was too excited! Once my nails grow out a bit more (I just trimmed them short over the weekend) I should be below 160 for sure, so then I get to go get my manicure! :carrot:

goob
10-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Welcome goob! What sort of exercise were you doing? Maybe you need to mix up your routine more, so your body doesn't get used to the same exercise. Are you limiting yourself to a certain number of calories? Sometimes it helps to calorie shift (for example: if you have 1200 calories 3 days a week, 1500 cal 2 days a week, and between 1300-1400 cals 2 days a week). By shifting the calorie amount, you keep your metabolism guessing.

I was very excited to see the scale read 161.4 this morning! :carrot: I spent the weekend out of town, visiting family, so I tried to watch what I ate...but I also allowed myself stuff I would normally try to avoid. Definitely expected to come home and see a gain.

I'm thinking about getting a personal trainer at my gym. For 5 sessions (an hour each) it's $220.

the pros:
~I'll get someone to show me how to properly use the equipment
(right now I really only go to the gym for the elliptical machines)
~spending that much (and scheduling with a trainer) will make me go
~I'll lose weight more efficiently

the cons:
~MONEY. After those first 5 sessions (if I sign up for more), the cost goes up. I really hate my gym sometimes. Greedy jerks.
~The sessions are an hour each. Eep. Might be a little overwhelming. But maybe I need that.

...I can't think of any other cons. Unless I really dislike my trainer and I'm stuck with her for 5 sessions.

thoughts?

Thanks for the welcome Quiet Ballerina!

Well, I did it again. I ate out yesterday. I ate 2 plates of pork ribs, an 8oz steak, a piece of garlic bread, fish, and a large shrimp salad with honey mustard. Today the scale said I weight 0.6 lbs less. OMG!!! I only seem to be losing weight now if I go out and eat once or twice a week. I think I've been eating slightly under 1200 calories a day. I need to boost up my calories but it's hard to eat 5-6 times a day (time consuming).

My weekly workout consist of playing tennis for an hour, :running: jogging on the treadmill at 5.5-6.0 mph for 30 min each sessions & elliptical for 30 min each session. Jumping ropes for 10 minutes. Jogging outside for 2 miles and some :strong: weight lifting to tone and build muscle. :carrot: I burn about 700-800 calories a day working out.

I've been reading lots of post on here how people are losing 2-7 lbs a week, where I am losing only 0-0.4 lbs a week. I just want to know the secret. I just want to lose 22 more pounds but it's getting harder. Here are my weight loss for each month since I've started:

Sept 09: 11 lbs lost (hardly worked out, just watched what I ate)
Oct 09: 6 lbs lost so far (very slow month plus I worked out harder)

Total lost of 17 pounds since I started my diet on September 1.

gymlee
10-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Aw yay Ballerina!

Goob- Ballerina gave you some great advice. It's really hard to lose large amounts of weight the closer you get to your goal. It usally comes off faster in the beginning and then tapers off/slows towards the end. You have to watch your calories in and calories out. You may not be eating enough/ overtraining. If there is too much of a calorie deficiet your body will go into starvation mode and slow down your metabolism because it will think you're not getting enough to eat and it will actually make you more prone to hold fat and can throw off all kinds of things. So make sure you're getting in enough calories and not working out too hard.

As for me, my hip and lower back have gotten worse. I had to break down and see the chiropractor. He's a little concerned and my job is pressing for more aggressive treatment to get me back sooner so I'm going for an MRI tomorrow to see what's going on exactly because it will give a clearer picture than just an X-ray. Hopefully good news because I'd really like to resume normal life as soon as possible i.e. back to work, back to hitting the gym. I never thought I'd say this but I actually miss working out. I guess I'm turning into one of those weirdos haha I'll keep you ladies posted though. Cross your fingers for me!

gymlee
10-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Aw yay Ballerina!

Goob- Ballerina gave you some great advice. It's really hard to lose large amounts of weight the closer you get to your goal. It usally comes off faster in the beginning and then tapers off/slows towards the end. You have to watch your calories in and calories out. You may not be eating enough/ overtraining. If there is too much of a calorie deficiet your body will go into starvation mode and slow down your metabolism because it will think you're not getting enough to eat and it will actually make you more prone to hold fat and can throw off all kinds of things. So make sure you're getting in enough calories and not working out too hard.

As for me, my hip and lower back have gotten worse. I had to break down and see the chiropractor. He's a little concerned and my job is pressing for more aggressive treatment to get me back sooner so I'm going for an MRI tomorrow to see what's going on exactly because it will give a clearer picture than just an X-ray. Hopefully good news because I'd really like to resume normal life as soon as possible i.e. back to work, back to hitting the gym. I never thought I'd say this but I actually miss working out. I guess I'm turning into one of those weirdos haha I'll keep you ladies posted though. Cross your fingers for me!

heyaim
10-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Just wanna say, I'm only 5'! I'm here, I'm here!! :carrot:

I've been watching what kind of food I eat off and on for about a year. My biggest weakness is Beer, chicken wings (goes great w/ beer), bread and any chewing sweets. :o

I'm definately ready to get myself back on track! I need to!! I refuse to buy another size larger in clothes!!!

D22Guzman
10-30-2009, 09:23 PM
OMG!!!!! I have never seen this thread before I AM HERE TOO!!!!!! ans I AM SHORT!!! and CHUBBY...but i like to call myself pleasently plump for now...HOW IS EVERYON? Nice to meet all of you...? Please tell me about all about you I would love to know...HI :) SO EXCITED!!!!!!!

Air81
10-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Hey welcome Guzman!

I am also 5'2" and our stats are quite similar! Welcome. I just joined too!

jillianfan
11-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome Quiet Ballerina!

Well, I did it again. I ate out yesterday. I ate 2 plates of pork ribs, an 8oz steak, a piece of garlic bread, fish, and a large shrimp salad with honey mustard. Today the scale said I weight 0.6 lbs less. OMG!!!

I find that my weight loss and gain lags. For example - I lost about 10 lbs right before I moved to California to live with my boyfriend. I immediately went off the wagon because I didn't have access to the internet so I couldn't log my food (that was my excuse, at least). And for the longest time, my lack of effort didn't show on the scale or in my clothes. I remember thinking - "wow, I can't gain weight anymore!" Tee hee. So, I thought that I dodged the bullet.

Well, of course, I was wrong. 10 lbs appeared, seemingly overnight, but it took a long time of bad eating and not exercising for it to show.

Now, I have been diligent for the past two weeks - tracking my food, not going over 1,500, exercising hard 5x per week (doing "Making the Cut") and - nothing. No inches lost, I think that I lost maybe one lb. It is soooo frustrating, but I know my body and I know that, in the past, my weight loss has lagged just like my weight gain. This usually happens to me - I do everything right for a few weeks or a month, and nothing happens then overnight - boom! Ten lbs lost again.

I know, I am weird.

MeowMix
11-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I always considered myself short at 5'3 . . . so if I don't fit in here and I don't fit in the tall girls thread, what does that make me average?? :(((((

Quiet Ballerina
11-01-2009, 02:56 PM
goob: gymlee also gave you great advice. You could be feeding your body too little. Also, make sure if you're eating low in calorie that you're putting *good* things into your body. No sense in eating 1200 calories if you're only eating junk food.

gymlee Hope things go well at the chiropractor! Keep us updated. The body takes time to heel...shame on your work. :nono: You can only rush things so much.

heyaim Welcome!! I hear you on the beer...I'm sad I can't go out to my favorite pub as much as I'd like. But after one beer I get the urge to munch on snacks...so I've been limiting how much I go. Bread is a huge weakness of mine too.

D22Guzman Welcome! So glad to see so many new people joining in. Sometimes we get quiet around here...but with a few extra people I think we can check on each other more.

jillianfan everyone's different. It's good that you are aware of how your body reacts though. I'm slooowly starting to learn how to listen to my body.

MeowMix come join us! We're just jealous of that extra inch you have. :)

As for me:
My throat is a little scratchy...the weather here keeps changing, and my immune system isn't 100% right now. Mostly due to stress.

It's a lot to type out, but if you go to this thread it explains it:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pudgy-pets/185274-need-opinions-thoughts.html

Short version: I got back from a weekend trip, my dog was acting odd. Took him to the vet. They ran tests, blood work, x-rays, etc.
He has been battling an infection for a while, but that's getting better now (because of antibiotics), but he also has a bladder stone that needs surgery. The costs were quickly adding up and I was so scared because I didn't know how much the surgery was going to be.

On top of all that, my computer monitor died...so I had to get a new one.

So: No trainer for me for now. Plus side: I haven't turned to comfort eating.

CrazyCrystalCC
11-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi everyone I was in the 20's something thread and was invited over here by "Quiet Ballerina" Thank you for inviting me over. A short introduction about myself: 24 years old 5'2 224lbs. I am here to do it AGAIN. This time I have too...

InControl2Day
11-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Haha ~ i was at your thread and I was like "there's a SHORT girls thread!?!" :D

I thought I could tell people I was 5'2 but I think im JUST a little shy of 5'2
so 5'1.4" it is

HI everyone~~

PlainJane23
11-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Ha ha ha!!! My people!!! I'm tiny height wise as well (4 11.5) so while I don't weigh all that much, it looks like more than it is I guess. I want to get down to 115/120.

Anyway - nice to see us "wee ones" banding together!!!!

mermaid20
11-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Welcome all newcomers. This is so exciting to have such an active thread with so many shorties!!! I never expected this many shorties when I started the thread and it feels so good to know i am not alone.

Halloween was so embarrassing for me. I felt so fat. I usually dress up but I couldnt because my stomach and lovehandles just feel like they are hanging over any type of pants i wear and make me look pregnant in dresses... shorts and skirts look weird because my thighs are huge and hideous... so i spent halloween going out to eat with my boyfriend - Chili's the worst possible place i could go... and then baking halloween cupcakes and eating 5 of them. ARGH!!!

I did the 30 day shred today and i felt soooo weak. And it's not a good enough work out. then i was feeling good about it but what did i go do? EAT!!! I had this huge thing of pasta in this heavy cream sauce and i also had a sourcream dip with some vegetables. Totally unhealthy. No amount of exercise could counteract that.

I HAVE to lose between 8-15 pounds before the wedding (less than 8 months??) How am I going to do this. 8 pounds in 8 months doesn't sound hard... but it is!! I have lost all muscle, all definition, and even though i'm only like 6 pounds heavier than where i was last year.... ive gained inches and flab... so i just feel disgusting. How do you remotivate yourselves when you are so depressed and constantly come up with new excuses. I make excuses to myself all the time and i cant stop. I cant remember how I got the motivation last time. It just go so hard I stopped but now my weight is crawling back up when I didnt even get to where i wanted to go before.

I think I'm around 117 now. I NEED to be at or under 110 when i get married or I will be so unhappy with myself.

mermaid20
11-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Aino - are you still out there? Come give us an update!!

goob
11-02-2009, 02:37 PM
mermaid20 - I'm the same height as you and to be 117 lbs I would die for. I don't think you need to do any extreme dieting since you have 8 months to go. I was 103 lbs about 1 1/2 years ago and my family thought I looked sick. So this time around I want to be 110 lbs. Try and find a gym/workout buddy who actually wants to lose weight. Those people are the best motivators. Make your boyfriend workout with you as well. It's OK to indulge once in a while but don't forget to jump right back on to healthy eating after that meal. good luck.

jillianfan
11-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Hey Mermaid! I have read some of your posts - it sounds like you probably look great! Didn't you say that your measurements are like 34-26-34? Like the poster above me, I would KILL to be 117 right now. Perhaps you need a more realistic assessment of what you look like and how far you have come?

That said, I know how depressing body image issues can be. Trust me, when I am fat (like I am right now), there is very little else I can think about. Obsession would be a good word. :) Not much depresses me or gets me down, but my weight does. I guess it is because, unlike other problems in my life, I have a CONSTANT reminder of my weight and I can't avoid it like I can other things.

Right now, I am on day 9 or Jillian Michaels' "Making the Cut," and have been dieting for exactly two weeks (logging every morsel into Livestrong.com, and staying between 1,400 and 1,600 calories per day). "Making the Cut" kicks my tukus, let me tell you (it comes to about 1 1/2 hours of circuit training, which includes cardio bursts from ****!) I also have a bodybugg, but haven't been able to use it lately because I have had problems with that site taking my credit card. :(

So, I am doing all that and....nothing. Nada. About 1 lb lost, 2" off my waist and nothing off my hips or chest. :?: Talk about frustrating! :mad:

All that I can hope for is that I am losing weight, it just hasn't shown up yet on my body or the scale (see my above post - my weight loss and gain seems to lag significantly behind my effort or lack thereof).

So, I am very, very, very discouraged.

mermaid20
11-02-2009, 06:57 PM
When i was down to 100 pounds in undergraduate school my mom said I looked sickly but everyone else complimented me profusely. I would really like to be around 106. and right now, I'd be happy at 110 and just more fit, more toned. I just feel loose and flabby.

But thanks for you comments. I feel a little better reading that however, I am just having such emotional issues over this now and I really dont know how to trigger motivation within myself. I was so diligent with counting calories and working out and now I am so far from that...

People keep saying to me... oh looks like you lost a little weight (i wear really baggy clothes)... I was as high as 138 pounds... but only for like a year... I've been between 100-118 pounds my whole life... So at 117 now, I still feel fat. I want to lose the 17 pounds I gained. and to hear people always say oh it looks like you lost weight ... they always do it in a weird tone of voice, like its never a compliment... its not you look good or you look skinny... looks like u lost some weight i dont usually notice those things.. but they say it like ive always been so fat and so huge!! i cant explain it but it really annoys me. getting older stinks!! lol.

i was 34-26-(but i think i was measuring my hips wrong lol). I asked a friend to measure me instead because I thought I was doing it wrong. She claims I am 33-27-36. I don't know how accurate this is either because we were using a weird metal tape measure used by men who like tools lol. Not like a fabric type one used in clothing stores. Anyway, a lot of those waist to hip ratio calculators say I am in danger. So I guess I don't have ideal measurements LOL. I need to work out so I can get back to 26. I have been 25 before i know for sure and I kind of feel like i could have been 24 at one point. I know I can easily get to 26 if i work out more. I have to find a good tape measure and get professionally measured so I know for sure.

mermaid20
11-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Jillian 2 inches off your waist is amazing!! But yeah i hated when I was so diligent with things and I felt nothing to show for it. You dont realize it in the moment. if you let it all go like i did, you realize you were LOOKING better even if it didnt show in mathematical numbers like weight and inches. I'm sure there are great results there

jillianfan
11-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks, Mermaid, for the encouragement! I need all I can get right now. All I can do is keep going and have faith that it will start coming off again. In the meantime, I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall!:D

Hopefully, soon, I can report some good news in my posts!

Air81
11-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Mermaid- sounds like you really just need toned and definition. Have you thought to try P90x? A friend of mine who is 5'3" weighed 110 in college because she starved herself. She wore a 4 but always had the love handles because she wasn't in shape. I would worry less about dieting and more about just workin' it! :)

Quiet Ballerina
11-06-2009, 04:29 PM
:carrot: :carrot: 159.6 this morning!! :carrot: :carrot:

I'm still doing a happy dance about it. :)

I'd like to move the pounds a little quicker, but it's been hard to get my booty to the gym lately. Calorie-counting wise I'm doing great.

goob
11-06-2009, 05:30 PM
mermaid20- i think you are at a pretty good weight. just start toning. you need to show us your before and after pix! it'll be motivational for us shorties.

mermaid20
11-08-2009, 04:53 PM
What is P90x??

Yeah I need to exercise. I do Jillians 30 day shred. Any other suggestions??

I wish I had an elliptical...

mermaid20
11-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I worked out for 28 minutes today and hopefully more later yay!

Height: 5'0
Weight: 116.5
Approximate Measurements: 34-26-36

I have less than 5 months before weddings and wedding parties start... I am getting engaged... my brother is getting married... my college roommate is getting married....

Hopefully I can get my weight down and my body toned up some!!

mermaid20
11-09-2009, 12:52 PM
I am worried about the holidays. Thanksgiving is my favorite because of the food and on Christmas and New Years we go to my boyfriends familys house and they always have such heavy but delicious food and all we do is eat, eat... I normally gain 6 pounds around the holidays. I have to avoid such a large gain. Any advice on how you have dealt or are planning to deal with the holidays this year?? I need advice please any tips ... i dont care how small or silly they seem... any tips share with us

mermaid20
11-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Does anyone else get annoyed when family members make comments about your weight?? As I've said before... growing up I was always tiny.... It wasn't until 3 years ago that I went from 100 pounds to 138 pounds... yes a 38 lb gain is a large one.. but I was only like that for less than 3 years... and then I dropped pretty quickly to around 117. which to me, is still 17 pounds to heavy but anyway... my aunt and uncle who have known me all my life and have seen me at 100 said this weekend oh you have lost weight i dont usually notice these things but i notice that you have... but it was said in such a judgmental tone and it wasnt like oh you look good or you are skinny now... it was kind of like... u still have work to do BUT you were so friggin humongous before that this is an improvement. I got really upset that they were acting like I was so obese before. and it didnt make me feel proud of how I look now. Well anyway, they are coming over for thanksgiving and i am BROKE... but I want to buy an outfit that is flattering and makes me feel good because i am so nervous about them and their judging eye and I want to look good. Now Im stressing over finding a thanksgiving outfit to wear.

jillianfan
11-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi Mermaid.

You may be misinterpreting your relatives reactions to you. You have seemed pretty down on yourself lately, so it might just might be projecting - you don't feel good about yourself, so you imagine that others are feeling the same way about you as you feel about yourself.

That said, if they really are disapproving of you and your weight, you have to ask yourself what their motivation might be. Are they overweight and possibly jealous of your success? Or, even if they are not overweight, they might still be unhappy with themselves and feel the need to put others down. Whatever it is, it is their issue, not yours, so you don't need to take it on. Just know that you look good, and I am sure that you do look fabulous at 116, no matter how fat you think that you are.

I can relate, though. I have a friend who out and out said that I wasn't losing weight when I was biking 100 miles a week, and she always seems smug when I gain. I am sure that she doesn't mean to be thoughtless, she just needs a filter for the things that come out of her mouth. She is very kind when I am losing and the first to compliment me about it, too. So, it goes both ways.

And I know that you are worried about gaining weight at your in-laws or whatever. Believe me, I know about that, too. The last time I stayed with my family I gained ten pounds, because they are classic food-pushers. I am staying with them again, but I have been extremely on top of things this time, even though they continue to tell me that I should "live a little" while I am here. I know that it is going to be difficult, but you just have to continue to work your plan, the best that you can. Keep writing in your food diary, take long walks, tell the in-laws kindly that you are watching your weight and they need to not food-push. Remember how hard it is to get weight off, and how many weeks or months you will struggle to get off the pounds that you gain at the in-laws house.

Believe me, if I could go back in time, I would not have been so careless the last time I was at my parent's house. I was well on my way to the 130's, a place that I haven't been since I don't know when, but blew it all to **** in just a matter of weeks. Now, here I am, struggling to get those extra pounds off, and, instead of being about 130 lbs, which I would be by now if I didn't backslide so bad, I am at 150 and the weight isn't going anywhere soon. So, yeah, it wasn't worth it to be dumb and sabotage myself, and I am paying the price now.

Good luck to you, though. I know that you can do it!

Quiet Ballerina
11-11-2009, 12:45 AM
mermaid: I don't know if you've ever tried Hip Hop Abs....I feel like a total spaz when I do it, but it's still fun. I don't do it regularly enough to know if it actually "works" as they claim, but I still like it.

Good job on the workout! :cheer3:

As for the holidays....I really don't know. I love holiday food too, especially the side dishes. Listen to your body, and if people are gathering to eat and you're not hungry....maybe go for a walk instead?

While I can see Jillianfan's point of view (of you possibly projecting)....I can also see the flip side. I'm sure relatives mean well when they say things like "you look like you've lost weight" but honestly...it just makes me uncomfortable. When I'm down at least 15 pounds then maybe it'll be easier to hear...but for now I just feel self conscious about it. Just breathe through it, and think happy thoughts. haha that sounds so cheesy....ah well. It's the best I can offer. :)

Time just seems to fly by lately in the evening....can't believe it's already 10.45. This chick needs to go to bed.

Air81
11-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Mermaid:

P90x is a workout program. It's quite intense. It is a series of 12 dvds, a nutrition guide, and it takes an hour a day. You can google it. Alot of people have had amazing success with it. I am starting it in Feb (my current diet is too low in calories for something that intense)

Quiet Ballerina
11-13-2009, 01:33 AM
:( My puppy is having his surgery tomorrow.
Send good thoughts his way please!

jillianfan
11-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Ah, poor little baby! I hope that his surgery goes well. Please keep up posted.

goob
11-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Hello ladies! We're halfway into November and I've lost 5 pounds this month. It has been a very good month for me (diet & exercise wise). I'm hoping to lose another 5 lbs by the end of November, but if not I'm not so worried. It's been a while since I've lost at least 2 lbs a week. I can almost taste my final goal! 15 lbs left to go!!!!

cathydoe
11-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Hi everyone! I am a newbie and when I saw this thread for "shorties" I was excited BUT after reading your posts I feel like an AMAZON to most of you because I weigh so much. This is a weird feeling for me to have since I have been lurking, reading and posting on 3FC. Weird as in feeling "different". I don't know what it means...and please don't take it wrong...I am just thinking and talking. Cathy

Quiet Ballerina
11-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the group Cathy! I understand what you mean. Sometimes I see gals on here with 10-15 pounds to lose and I am so jealous. :) But in a good way (if there is a good jealousy? haha) Even so...no matter if we have 10 pounds to lose or 50 or 100 or more.....we're all working towards goals.

My dog had his surgery and he's doing much better. Doesn't seem like he's 100% just yet, but a LOT better then what he was before.

I'm having trouble motivating myself to work out. :(
Any suggestions?

Air81
11-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Welcome Cathy!

I started at 250 and I'm only 5'2". I am currently down to 215 as of last sunday. I want 199 by Jan 1

cathydoe
11-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Thank you for the welcomes!

mermaid20
11-18-2009, 10:06 PM
goob share your secrets lol

goob
11-19-2009, 02:24 PM
mermaid20- Ever since I've stalled for 2 1/2 weeks I've been trying to find ways to get out of it. What worked for me was doing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) 4 times a week for at least 35 min (5 min warm-up, 5 min cool-down), plus drinking more water than I usually do. I use to jog a lot outside and on the treadmill but I've added in the eliptical, bike, and rowing into my exercise routine. I also do weight training to try and tone my body twice a week. I still stick to my 1200 calories a day (3 meals plus 2 snacks), sometimes I fall a little below 1200 calories but I make it up on the weekend by eating 2 meals of whatever I want to eat...mostly protein, 1 small slice of cake, 1 small slice of pizza, 1/2 cup of pasta...but don't go overboard, just have a little bit of what you crave. I find that eating 2 meals of whatever I want is helping me lose more weight. I guess it's shocking my body since I'm doing low calories during the week. The only down side is that if you can't control yourself from eating just a small portion of the food you love once or twice a week, I suggest not eating it at all. I've been good with controlling my portion, not wanting seconds or a bigger amount. Since you have such a small amount of weight to lose it will take a little longer, but I know you can do it.

gymlee
11-21-2009, 02:44 AM
Welcome to all the newbies!

Sorry, I kinda dropped off the face of the earth. I had to wait on my MRI because there were issues with the insurance company and all kinds of red tape but it was resolve and I got my results. It turns out it's nothing too serious. A joint in my back where the tail bone meets the hip (sacroilliac joint) got jarred in the fall and slightly displaced and because a lot of nerves and connective tissue run through there it got all inflammed and caused a lot of pain. It's slowly resolving and I'm getting sent back to work (I start again on Weds) and I'm kind of excited for it.

My only problem since being cleared to go back to more normal activities is I've been struggling with trying to get my motivation back to hit the gym because I've been out for so long and something kind of emotionally sucky happened so I'm kind of dealing with it. The other problems are with the gym is I can't got as hard as I usually do/ want to and my good eating habits are circling the toilet aka I'm losing them and using food to comfort me a lot more than I have in the last 8 months. I thought I had a really good handle on it but clearly I don't if I'm sitting here stuffing my face full of chocolate as I write this. I hate to seem like I'm complaining and I know I can choose to put the chocolate down and wake up tomorrow and hit the gym but I'm so apathetic and my attitude sucks. I keep trying to tell myself "Even if you don't care now, you will care later and you're going to be kicking yourself if you see anymore than a couple pound gain on the scale." And I just won't respond to my logical inner voice or just repeat that I don't care. I'm just spiraling out of control and can't seem to pull it back together. Usually I'm really good about being able to shift my perspective and make myself realize the bigger picture. I just hope to pull out of this shortly. Haha get it! Shortly! You know since we're all shorties.... yea, I went there. Well, I needed to make a little joke so this whole post wasn't mind-numbingly depressing. :faint: :halffull:

Air81
11-22-2009, 05:54 PM
gymlee~
I don't know if this will help BUT my Pastor's wife just went from 304lbs-193lbs in 8months I think and she is still working but looks AWESOME. Seriously, she could be a model---most people confuse her with her 15 and 16yr old daughters! ANYWAY, we support each other and she says journalling helps a lot. I have really strong will power and just get angry, but don't cave. She goes to her room (after making enchiliadas and cookies for her family of 6) and journals and talks to God. She said it helps keep you focused and get your complaining out at the same time. just a thought!

Air81
11-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Gymlee~ If you want to see Pastor Kelley, here is my church site: Kingdom in the Valley (http://www.kivcc.org)

Skyra
11-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Hey guys! :wave: I've been lurking on this thread for a little while, but I don't think I've ever posted in it. As you can see to the left, I'm 5'2".

So I have a bit of a question... are you ever resentful about your height? :dizzy: Particularly if you're a featherweight, do you ever get trapped in thoughts like, "if I were a few inches taller, I wouldn't even have to do this!"? Or do you ever get resentful of your taller friends who can eat more without gaining weight? I do sometimes. :o

I know it's not helpful to think this way, because obviously there's nothing we can do about our height... but I do have these thoughts sometimes and wonder if anyone else has struggled with them.

:hug: Thanks for listening and good luck on your weight loss journey!

Air81
11-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Skyra~ Welcome! I don't get upset about my height, but I guess since my bf is the same height :)

I do however, get upset that my friends have faster metabolisms than me so I do understand.

Can I ask you, since we are the same heighth, what size you are?

Skyra
11-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Air -- thanks for the welcome!

I'm about a size 10 in pants. Mostly I want to lose weight because I'm an apple shape and carry pretty much all my weight in my stomach. It makes fitting jeans really difficult, and I feel like I look really disproportionate because I have skinny legs and arms and then this belly that really stands out. (Plus my doctor informed me that the size of my waistline right now is not healthy.)

Air81
11-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Air -- thanks for the welcome!

I'm about a size 10 in pants. Mostly I want to lose weight because I'm an apple shape and carry pretty much all my weight in my stomach. It makes fitting jeans really difficult, and I feel like I look really disproportionate because I have skinny legs and arms and then this belly that really stands out. (Plus my doctor informed me that the size of my waistline right now is not healthy.)

Im apple shaped too! I don't have super skinny arms and legs, but I carry tons of muscle so my legs are toned (no fat on calfs). Most of my weight is on my core which is the unhealthiest kind so ya. Thanks for the size. Never been smaller then well where I am right now (less now than in high school) so I have no idea what sizes I would be when.

mermaid20
11-24-2009, 07:50 PM
So I have a bit of a question... are you ever resentful about your height? :dizzy: Particularly if you're a featherweight, do you ever get trapped in thoughts like, "if I were a few inches taller, I wouldn't even have to do this!"? Or do you ever get resentful of your taller friends who can eat more without gaining weight? I do sometimes. :o!

I always think this way LOL. I realized lately I'm always like if I was only a little bit taller..... and I do feel like oh the only reason she isn't gaining weight as fast or looking as chubby is because she has a few extra inches on me lol. It's hard not to feel slighted by the height issue!!

cathydoe
11-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Not until I came on here and started reading a thread about weight, height, and clothing size did I say...dang if I was a little taller I could be in a "normal chub-ette" size... meaning 20 to 24 or 3X...cuz I am in the extended sizes now... 28 or 4 or 5X. But then reality set in and I realized I am who and where I am today because that is the way it is suppose to be. Plus I like NOT bumping my head in places where other people do!! LOL

Cathy

Magrat
11-28-2009, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=Skyra;3021908]Hey guys! :wave: I've been lurking on this thread for a little while, but I don't think I've ever posted in it. As you can see to the left, I'm 5'2".

So I have a bit of a question... are you ever resentful about your height? :dizzy: Particularly if you're a featherweight, do you ever get trapped in thoughts like, "if I were a few inches taller, I wouldn't even have to do this!"? Or do you ever get resentful of your taller friends who can eat more without gaining weight? I do sometimes. :o

I mostly lurk on this thread too. I think I posted once or twice in the first shorties thread.

I think what bugs me most about being short (I'm barely 5'1") is having so little wiggle room in terms of calorie intake. We're short so we have to eat less than average just to maintain, and even less to lose weight, but not too much less because then we might slow down our metabolisms and end up losing nothing or even gaining. A taller girl who can maintain on 1800-2000 calories can easily drop her calories by 500 a day and lose a pound a week. If I'm maintaining at 1400 calories I can't do that because then I'd be eating under a thousand calories a day and my metabolism would slow down. At best I can lower my daily intake by 300 calories a day and even that's kind of pushing it. And it would take me nearly two weeks to lose the same measly pound the taller girl can shed in a week. That's an overall loss rate of two pounds a month.

Also I'm a little bothered by the fact that taller folks really can't understand that it's so much harder for us shorties to lose weight, or even why we would want or need to. A weight that would be slim and healthy for a taller girl is heavy for us shorties. A girl who is 5'7" and weighs 120 is thin, but a girl my height who weighs exactly the same is chunky.

It's just not fair!

mermaid20
11-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Magrat - Very well put!

... and it is unfair!

LOL. Yeah, we have no wiggle room in calorie counting it is very hard. And if someone hears my weight they say thats so skinny, but it's only skinny in regards to their own height. When it comes to being 5'0... it's fat

cathydoe
11-28-2009, 12:32 PM
The thing, I think, that makes it more difficult for us to loose weight is we REALLY require WAY LESS CALORIES. And that is hard! There is so much food around! Dang! I just gotta take it one day at a time...

Cathy

teacher1
11-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Hi all-
I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm getting married in June so I really need to get working. I know I won't be at my target weight by June but I need to start working hard now. December will be a real hard month for me because I love all the holiday treats. I look forward to chatting with everyone.

Quiet Ballerina
12-02-2009, 01:10 AM
We are some quiet gals. (haha, no pun intended with my username)

I've been doing good with calories but not with exercise. My mind is more focused on Christmas and getting my shopping done.

....How is everyone else doing?

teacher1
12-02-2009, 10:39 PM
I've been doing good in the exercise department. I've worked out 5 days in a row. My honey and I signed up for a boot camp session at the Y which starts Sat and runs for 6 weeks. The major problems is the yummy holiday treats. Ahhh, December is a rough food month for me.

Quiet Ballerina
12-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Boot camp?! Eek. Those things look pretty intimidating. Good luck!

gymlee
12-03-2009, 01:54 AM
Gymlee~ If you want to see Pastor Kelley, here is my church site: Kingdom in the Valley (http://www.kivcc.org)

Thanks for the suggestions! I appreciate it! I do have a pretty nice support system and my own religious figure if I feel the need to talk. Plus your church is all the way across the country from me haha

Anyway, as for my update, I hit the gym today for the first time in forever. It felt really good, especially because I hit the heavy bag for boxing. Definitely helped to get out my aggression. Hopefully getting up early to have a repeat performance.

I hope all is well with everyone!

teacher1
12-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Gymlee- that sounds great about the punching bag. Work has not been good for me and I could really need to get my aggression out. I might try start the day tomorrow with a little turbo jam.

teacher1
12-05-2009, 02:44 PM
I had my first boot camp at the y today. It was hard to say the least. I hope I can walk tomorrow.

cathydoe
12-05-2009, 06:57 PM
One thing that I cannot get out of my mind...is how much food I cannot eat. I mean since I am short my calorie intake needs to be less than someone 5 foot 6. There is less of me -- so less food is needed to fuel my body.

Now mind you I have done YEARS of :I can eat what I want when I want:. So now that I have allowed myself restrictions I see what a lie I have lived with for a long time. I feel like I have lost a friend and I do mourn that loss BUT that friend was also evil. I hope to make another friend with food. A great friend that nourishes me in a healthy way with boundaries and give and take.

mermaid20
12-05-2009, 11:41 PM
i have not been exercising. ups and downs with food.

went to find a dress for my engagement party... a lot of the size 4 dresses were too big. I was so so excited to try on size 2 dresses when macy's informed me that every single dress I was interested in was NOT manufactured in a size 2. so i had to settle for a size 4 that is a little loose around the waist. I was hoping for something more snug and flattering but oh well.

I need to get to exercising. I don't have much time before the wedding and I need to tone up. everything is so loose and gross. I am small but now I want to be toned... I want to be firmer. everything jiggles and rolls. and i cant stand it!! and yes...

the holidays are not helping

teacher1
12-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Cathy- I know what you mean. I was so out of control and now with calorie counting it seems like so little food :(

Mermaid- When's the wedding? I'm getting married in June.

It's hard to walk today after boot camp yesterday but I did manage to do the elliptical today for 30 min.

cathydoe
12-06-2009, 06:54 PM
So many weddings...HOOT congrats you ladies! What a special day. Trust me you will feel beautiful no matter what size you are...it comes with the day!

teacher1
12-08-2009, 06:47 PM
ahhh, trying to get up the energy to go workout. I'd so rather stay in bed and watch tv.

mermaid20
12-10-2009, 03:33 PM
I should have and could have worked out the past two days. I took a nap, pigged out on chocolate and more chocolate. i like bed and food and tv. ARGH! why dont i like working out??

teacher1
12-11-2009, 01:08 PM
I missed working out yesterday but did the elliptical 30 minutes today. I have 3 xmas parties this weekend so eating healthy will be a challenge. I love the holidays but as far as weight loss I'm ready for Jan.

cathydoe
12-12-2009, 11:06 AM
5 foot 2 and under folks...I think I am mourning the reality of the fact that I can not eat a lot of food. Now what I mean by that is my reality is I can eat what I want when I want and that is a lot of food! This view I have in my mind is NOT healthy or a normal view. I want to vision normal servings for a 5 foot woman. I want to embrace normal. I want to experience ebb and flow vs pig out 24/7. Today I am not eating the pig out way...but I don't have the vision. I hope this makes sense!

teacher1
12-12-2009, 04:36 PM
I hear you Cathy!!! This is so hard this time of year. Boot camp 2 done today. It's getting easier.

cathydoe
12-12-2009, 04:42 PM
teacher1 don't let the bootcamp people hear you say it is getting easier! :)

After I wrote my post this morning I thought of an easier way to say what I meant.

My normal vision of food intake was at least 3000 calories -- give or take on a regular day.

Today I need to make my normal vision of food around 1200-1500 calories -- everyday - forever - cuz that is fuel for my body!

Quiet Ballerina
12-16-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm down a couple more pounds (yay 157!) and I know that if I put my mind into exercising and continued to eat like I have been....then I'd lose the weight a lot faster. and have more energy.....but it's hard to make my body listen. :(

Such a cop out.

gymlee
12-18-2009, 12:35 AM
Hi there ladies!

Wow tons of chatter going on in here! Sorry I've been MIA but work and school had consumed my life! I'm hoping to get back on the wagon but I've been really struggling with food. I have to find some sort of incompatible behaviors so I can not overeat on junk. I think once I start hitting the gym more regularly and Santa brings me my body bugg for Christmas I'll have a little more incentive to do better. Until then I'm going to try and take it day by day. Good luck to everyone and happy holidays if I don't get back on here! :hohoho:

jillianfan
12-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Hi there ladies!

Wow tons of chatter going on in here! Sorry I've been MIA but work and school had consumed my life! I'm hoping to get back on the wagon but I've been really struggling with food. I have to find some sort of incompatible behaviors so I can not overeat on junk. I think once I start hitting the gym more regularly and Santa brings me my body bugg for Christmas I'll have a little more incentive to do better. Until then I'm going to try and take it day by day. Good luck to everyone and happy holidays if I don't get back on here! :hohoho:

Good luck with the Bugg gymlee! I have one and I don't think I could live without it. In fact, just last night, I was having all kinds of issues with it not being able to upload the info to the website. I was also having all kinds of issues with downloading the new program off the site. I spent hours trying to fix it, and finally did, but for a moment, I thought that I would be without my bugg and I kinda panicked. :)

There is nothing more motivating to me than that bugg.

teacher1
12-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Happy Christmas Eve everyone!!! I'm going to go workout and prepare for two days of fun with family and a little food. :)

cathydoe
12-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Merry Christmas Shorties! :)

teacher1
12-26-2009, 03:45 PM
I hope everyone had a great holiday time. I had too much food but I hit up boot camp at the y this morning. Back on the wagon!!!

kpme
12-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi all,

I'm a fellow "petite diva" and just found your thread so I thought I'd pop on and say hi. I appreciate your string of posts a while back about calories and being short...I tend to lose VERY slowly -- only about 1/2 lb a week and I've always beat myself up about it for not working hard enough (or drinking too much wine, haha!) and never thought about how my height is a factor. I'm 5' 1 1/2".

I'm very much in the middle of my weight loss journey -- am in my second year of law school and was shocked to discover that I put on 12 whole pounds in my first year of school alone (this on top of the extra 25 I shouldn't have been carrying around...). I'm slowly but surely taking it off, and am closing in on my first goal of 158 (10% loss).

Any new years resolutions for you girls? Do you have the custom of having a challenge together?

Magrat
12-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Greetings fellow shorties. Hope everyone survived the holidays and didn't get derailed from their various healthy eating plans. Myself I've become known as a party pooper grinch at work because of not attending the myriad company parties. I knew full well that there would be nothing served at them that I could eat and enjoy without feeling guilty and without putting my calorie intake through the roof. I did well at Christmas dinner at my BIL's house. Had no appetizers, a half serving of everything served for dinner and a small dessert. Calories for the day were only slightly higher than normal.

The reason I'm posting is my DH. When we met, over 20 years ago I weighed 116 pounds. Over the years I gradually gained past 140. I looked and felt fat and miserable. A few years ago I finally decided enough was enough and totally revamped my diet and exercise level. Unlike past attempts when I cut calories as low as I could endure and exercised like a fiend, I made gentle sustainable changes. I lost weight very slowly and here I am today thirty pounds lighter. But I still have chunky thighs and a bulging stomach. I still feel fat and want to lose more weight. I think I would look and feel my best at about 100 pounds.

Trouble is DH tells me that he is attracted to me now and if I were thinner he wouldn't find me so attractive. He's one of those guys who thinks a bit of belly on a woman is sexy. He also has a blind spot regarding women and weight loss, namely that as long as a woman isn't so overweight that they need to lose weight for health reasons, the only reason to lose weight is to make themselves more attractive to their SO, and since I'm already attractive to him I have no need to lose weight. And he's told me that if I try to lose more weight, thereby, in his eyes making myself deliberately less attractive to him, it means I don't care about his feelings.

But I don't feel attractive at all.

Not sure if I'm looking for advice here. Guess I just needed to vent.

mermaid20
12-30-2009, 01:28 AM
Is your husband bigger? Maybe he is insecure of you losing weight because it makes him feel uncomfortable? My fiance and I were trying to get healthy, and he became a health nut. He is really calorie counting obsessively and he exercises like a crazy person and now he is so fit and lost SO much weight. He looks totally different than when we met. i feel in love with a chubby guy and i miss him with a soft stomach i can cuddle on... i tell him i liked you better before, which is 100% true, however, i do feel fatter now that he is skinnier even though thats not really true.. i do feel insecure like, if he is not losing the weight for me, who is he losing it for? and even if the answer is himself... it does make me uncomfortable that he is losing and i am not. just my thoughts.

still on vacation... its killing me, i probably gained about 8 pounds ill need to lose.....

Magrat
12-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Thank you for the reply, mermaid20.

Like me my husband was fairly thin when we met and gained slowly over the years. He has been losing weight too mostly by watching portions and eliminating the processed junk. He is an anomaly in that he loses weight much more slowly than I do(usually the man loses quicker as we all know.) I know he's not losing weight for me, I'm attracted to him whatever his size, and I was stunned to say the least when he dropped his bombshell last week. Right now I'm at a total loss as to what to do. I'm afraid to diet and make him mad, I'm afraid not to diet and gain the weight back. We haven't talked about the situation because I don't know how to bring it up in a non-confrontational manner. He does know there's something bothering me but he doesn't know what it is.

Magrat
12-30-2009, 01:58 PM
I just wanted to add that I'm not uncomfortable with the fact DH is losing weight. What does bother me big time is when I eat more than he does and I don't mean chowing down on an extra snack here and there. I mean a day when I've had a small breakfast and lunch and one snack feel good about my choices, and then I get home from work (DH is disabled and doesn't work) and find that he had nothing all day but a cup of coffee. I know it's silly but stuff like that makes me feel guilty, greedy and as big as a baby whale.

Taurie
01-01-2010, 08:29 AM
I really enjoyed reading this thread. I really do feel it's more difficult for us because were small. Wish I was taller so I can eat more.

Happy New Year!

teacher1
01-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Happy New Year shorties!!!!!

mermaid20
01-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Just got back from vacation....
Gained close to 8 pounds that seem to be sticking....

and my engagement party is only 20 days away =0(

ballooned up to 119 pounds!!! I am so disgusted with myself. and its way way too cold for any exercise. i know its an excuse but to me, its a solid real one...

cathydoe
01-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Whoopsie mermaid20...get to moving...I know you can do this! HOOT 4 you!

BeachBreeze2010
01-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Hi ladies!

I am a bit shy of 5'2" and can relate to so much of the same things. When I was in high school and early college, I was an athletic size 5 at 120lbs. That to me is about perfect. Then, I had my two daughters and let my weight balloon to 200lbs. I began working out like crazy and actually began working as a personal trainer. At that point, I weighed about 130lbs and was a size 2. Maybe it's my natural propensity to build muscle, but 110lbs would have put me at an unhealthy weight. I have a small frame. Even at my current weight, my ring size is a 5.5 (up from a 5.25 back then). Anyway, this is a long-winded way of saying that maybe building some muscle would help with the tone. The more muscle you have, the more metabolism you have and the more you can eat. Granted it's less than our tall counterparts or the worst - men, but every little bit helps.

I look forward to chatting with you! There are a lot of things that are unique to our height. Do you ever think about how tall you would have to be to not be overweight. I am starting this battle at about 6 foot 5. As I lose weight, I can be shorter and shorter. Eventually I will be 5 foot 1. Now, that's an interesting ticker idea...

shortandfluffy
01-04-2010, 02:48 PM
There are a lot of things that are unique to our height. Do you ever think about how tall you would have to be to not be overweight. I am starting this battle at about 6 foot 5. As I lose weight, I can be shorter and shorter. Eventually I will be 5 foot 1. Now, that's an interesting ticker idea...

I think about this all the time! I always so its so unfair to be so short.. my friend when I was younger weighed the same as me but was taller and skinnier of course. She used to ask how in the world we weighed the same (kinda rude I think) I would always say because you are taller!

I think weight gain is a lot more difficult for anyone that is shorter.. its so obvious when you gain 5 to 10 pounds.

So glad I found this forum!

Taurie
01-08-2010, 06:37 AM
I'm curious to know what everyones caloric intake is. Any takers?

I'm trying to keep mine between 1200 and 1500.

Wild Vulpix
01-09-2010, 12:40 AM
:D Hi shorties! I'm so glad this support group is here!!

I recently turned 21 and I've been 5'0" since as far back as I can remember. Currently, I'm 157lbs, my BMI is just over 30, so somehow... I am obese. (Though when I look in the mirror, I just don't see it...)

Being so short has defininatly shaped my life and ultimatly defines who I am. Often I'm teased by friends, used openly as arm rests, nicknamed 'elf' or 'pixie'. Not only am I so short, but I also look much younger than I am, so I often receive many comments from friends and strangers that I must be 13 years old or younger.

And you know what?

I love it. :)

I love being short. I love not being able to reach things in the cabinets, having to climb on top of them and reach around. No, seriously. I'm not being sarcastic at all. It makes me unique, and I enjoy every second of it.

But like some of you were talking about above me, there are parts that do suck. Not being able to eat as many calories, or not being able to hide extra pounds... (Though it's kinda neat that I only need to lose five pounds to go down a whole BMI unit!)

Unfortunately, not only has my height defined me, but so has my weight. I absolutely know that I'm not that big, that there are many others out there larger than myself--my best friends included--but it has always been the source of my insecurities. I feel like other people are seeing me waddle when I walk, or that I'm being poked fun of behind their backs. I'm quite shy, and pretty awkward in conversations, worried that I'm not living up to some expectation that the strangers have of me.

Losing weight, I hope, would boost my self confidence, and ultimately throw myself out there to make up for the lost years. I have this burning desire to be liked by everyone, so I'm too afraid of giving the wrong impression and being judged negatively. I'd rather be unnoticed or not worthy of speaking about than to be negatively discussed. (Sadly, this is another reason I like my height. I feel like I'm easier to overlook and allow to go unnoticed.)

I want to be under 100lbs. Mostly for bragging rights. My ultimate goal is 99lbs. We shorties might get the raw end of the deal when it comes to calories and fat, but we've got something the amazons don't! We can be light as a (110lb) feather, and gain the ability to tackle our prey or carried around! I can't wait for it!

Taurie
01-10-2010, 05:23 AM
Wild Vulpix I can totally relate and sometimes feel the same as you in regards to wanting to be liked by everyone. But, I always remind myself with some Dr. Seuss.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Remember some people will like, some will dislike you and the rest will feel indifferent. It's the natural order of things; we just need to come to terms with it.

mermaid20
01-11-2010, 12:17 AM
My goal was to be 99 again... I know I'll never get that low. Holidays killed me. I gained around 6 pounds that I can't seem to shed.... I am so upset. My engagement party is in less that 20 days and I bought my dress when I was 112. I looked good... who knew ballooning up to around 118-119 pounds would make SUCH a difference. Now I hate the dress. It really doesn't look good with the extra 6 pounds. I am so upset and nervous. How did I get so close to 120 again when I was almost at 110 last month??

Quiet Ballerina
01-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Hey y'all! How's everyone been doing?

I'm very proud of myself: Some mornings, I have to wake up crazy early (4.30) because I look after a friend's little girl from 5am-7am (when I bring her to daycare) so my friend can get to work on time. The past couple of days when I've done it, I've gone back to bed when I got home.

Last night, I went to bed at a decent hour, and today after I got back home I put in a workout video. I just got Leslie Sansone's "walk off even more weight" (It's two 2 mile walks on the DVD, and it includes a 2 lb weight belt).

I wore the belt for the first mile, and took it off for the second. I'm still pretty darn proud of myself for putting in some exercise before work though! I didn't know if I was up to the full 2 miles. Also got to try out my new exercise mat that I bought (Aeromat elite, premium exercise mat) so....yay me! :carrot:

Mermaid: Are you doing the same routine over and over? Maybe you need to switch up your exercise a bit?

gymlee
01-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Good luck with the Bugg gymlee! I have one and I don't think I could live without it. In fact, just last night, I was having all kinds of issues with it not being able to upload the info to the website. I was also having all kinds of issues with downloading the new program off the site. I spent hours trying to fix it, and finally did, but for a moment, I thought that I would be without my bugg and I kinda panicked. :)

There is nothing more motivating to me than that bugg.

It's actually a pretty cool little gadget. I'm not usually a gadget person, but for weightloss I can make an acception. I've been wearing it since Friday and doing okay. I like that it keeps me honest and accountable though it's been a little difficult shifting my eating habits. The other draw back is that it makes me a little neurotic about the amount of calories I burn and it makes me want to exercise every possible minute, but I have to learn when to say enough is enough because I don't want to injure myself or make myself sick because I feel myself bordering on something. I was sick around New Years with a virus and I feel like since I've been doing a lot of running around since I returned from my vacay that I may be back sliding just a bit. I only did like a 30 min work out today but I feel like if I push to do more it may be counter productive. Does anyone else have problems with how to balance how much they want to work out with how much their body can physically do? I think I may call it a day and see how I feel tomorrow and do more.

swtgila
01-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Hello everyone. I haven't been on 3fc's in awhile. Been gaining weight and figure I better get back to the sight for motivation and support. I am 5'2" and battle all the "short" issues I read about on here. It is so hard to find clothes that are flattering. I have quite a credit card bill at Talbot's b/c they are about the only place I can find petite women's clothing. They are sooo expensive. I am a size 18 there. I'd love to get back to a 16 for now. That would make me pretty happy. I have gained 11 lbs since May. I got engaged in June and for some reason, have been putting on the pounds. I hate that. My clothes are tight. I don't wanna buy new ones. I think part of my problem is FB. Well, it is true. I spend way toooo much time being a couch potato with my laptop in hand on FB. ALso, my fiance snacks all the time. He is always munching on chips or nuts or something. He also eats late. It is nothing for him to pop in some tater tots or something in the toaster oven at 10 pm. That is hard for me. He is not being unkind or trying to cause me problems. I am just not used to living with anyone and as they say "I can do bad all on my own"...I can overeat all on my own; don't need the temptation that comes from tater tots cooking at 10 pm, ya know? Anyway, I am not sure how I will deal with that. I'll figure it out. Nice to meet you all. Thanks for letting me post here.

gymlee
01-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Welcome Swtglia! I think it's very important for you to convey to your fiance that his habits are making your weightloss difficult and see what he can do to maybe mitigate some of the temptation as well as work on yourself learning to say no because that is your choice to say no. You need to work on thinking and weighing your options before you just reach for the food. It's important for you to stop and say, "Okay, am I really hungry? Is this what I really want or am I just reaching for it because it's there? And how is this moving closer or further away from my goals?" I know it's hard and it's a lot of questions to ask yourself but until you can start asking the questions and figuring out why you're doing what you're doing, you'll continue to do it and you'll remain in the same place you are now. So start asking the questions. Good luck!!!

As for me, I've become sick yet again. Now I'm struggling to keep my food intake like normal but it's hard because I'm home by myself not doing anything so it makes me reach for things I wouldn't ordinarily reach for when I'm busy. I think it's because I'm just mad at my situation (being sick among other things) but in the end I really know that I'm only hurting myself. But the way I see it, sometimes you have to be weak so you can be strong again. We all have set backs and all that matters is that from here on out that I try and make more conscious decisons again. And when I'm better I'll do more at the gym.

woobers
01-24-2010, 10:52 PM
OMG I am soo excited to have found this forum! I can't believe i over looked it for so long!

I like many of you on here really enjoy being short, I always joke and say i married my heighth, my hubs is 6'3''. I love the reactions that people give us not to mention many think i am his daughter lol.

I do look young for my age (soon to be 27)!!

I am bottom heavy and struggling with losing the weight in my lower half i tend not to work out as much as i should for fear that i will build more bulk down there. I def want to stay curvy and keep most of my butt, i just don't want to had more defination or muscle mass to my thighs, any suggestions?

I am currently doing weight watchers and loving the freedom i have, it is really teaching me to make better choices, which eating healthy is not a fad diet its a life style change and I think for once I am getting the hang of it!

Looking forward to chatting with everyone!
Jessica.

Technosexual
01-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Helloooooooooo fellow shorties! :hug:

I'm a 5'2" girl with a small frame, like my mom. Unlike my mom, however, I'm very overweight. My mom has been a rail all of her life! LOL! What happened to me?!

Even at my lowest weight of 120 lbs., I was still definitely not skinny. I was pudgy. Chubby. Thick. I remember during a vacation at the time, I was changing into my bathing suit in the same room as a friend's young daughter, and she said, "OMG, I didn't know you were so fat!" LOL.

So, here I am to join you all! :D

Technosexual
01-27-2010, 03:35 PM
I want to be under 100lbs. Mostly for bragging rights. My ultimate goal is 99lbs. We shorties might get the raw end of the deal when it comes to calories and fat, but we've got something the amazons don't! We can be light as a (110lb) feather, and gain the ability to tackle our prey or carried around! I can't wait for it!

Hi, Wild Vulpix! I love what you said! Even though I am a lot heavier than you, and have a lot of weight to lose to get there, I feel very much the same!

My dream goal weight is an even 100 lbs. I very much want to be light, and thin!

cathydoe
01-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Hello all! A while back someone asked how many calories were people eating a day? Anyone care to answer? I am around 1200. I think this is an interesting topic...because 1200 isn't a lot of food and it has been an eye opener for me!

BeachBreeze2010
01-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Woobers - Like you I am bottom heavy so to speak. I actually think the opposite, though. Your leg and glute muscles are the largest muscle group in your body (for anyone) and when you engage those, you give your body the best opportunity to build muscle and lose fat. I have always had the natural ability to gain muscle on my lower half. I have to work a lot harder to gain it on the top half. I remember needing to buy a size 4 instead of a 2 because my thighs were too big for the 2s. So often clothing in those tiny sizes are made for women who have very little muscle mass, especially in the petite section. So, it was a bit of a challenge. BUT, my legs and glutes looked awesome. I got compliments all the time on it. If I hadn't worked them and tried to let them be thinner without the muscle, I would have missed out on having them solid and firm and missed out on all of the extra metabolism that I gained from building the muscle.

I will say that I focused my leg routine on my glutes and hamstrings more than my quadriceps and calves. You have to build symmetry, but the quads are "show" muscles. They are easy to see and contribute more to the "muscle" look than firm hamstrings and glutes do. Do those deadlifts, plie squats, and lunges and your booty will thank you!

BeachBreeze2010
01-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Cathy - I try to eat about 1500 - 1700 calories/ day and burn about 500/day through exercise. It nets to 1000-1200. I have found that when I just eat 1200 and don't exercise that my weight loss stalls.

Wild Vulpix
01-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Cathy - I try to eat about 1500 - 1700 calories/ day and burn about 500/day through exercise. It nets to 1000-1200. I have found that when I just eat 1200 and don't exercise that my weight loss stalls.

Maybe I should give this a shot too. I've tried 1200 calories for a while, and though it worked at first, progress was slow and it felt sooo restricting. Now I'm averaging 1550... but in the past three weeks, I've lost all of 1.4lbs (and I lost that first pound in the first week! RAWR!) Being short is so tough :( I really need to work on the whole exercising thing... But I can't imagine burning 500 cal a day. Heck, I can't even get up to 100 before burning out!

gymlee
02-07-2010, 11:52 PM
Wow, ladies it's been so quiet in here. Where is everyone?

SpinQueen
02-26-2010, 10:24 PM
I'll join in ... I'm a newbie & shortie so maybe I can post here?? :)

I'm 5'1 & small frame. So far I've lost 17 pounds, but still have a bit to go.
I feel stuck at the moment. I cannot seem to get out of the 140's! I workout 5 days a week on the elliptical & I run. I take spin classes twice a week. Dunno what the problem is, but the 140's is really getting on my nerves! lol

My goal is 125, but really not my 'final' goal. I need to be closer to 115, but I will be happy with 125 lol

woobers
02-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Spinqueen welcome to 3fc! I love the support we give each other on here. Your doing great toward ur goal. I am also doing the eleptical everyday as well as weight watchers. How do u keep urself motivated?

woobers
02-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Spinqueen welcome to 3fc! I love the support we give each other on here. Your doing great toward ur goal. I am also doing the eleptical everyday as well as weight watchers. How do u keep urself motivated?

Morgan03
03-04-2010, 04:03 AM
*raises munchkin hand*

4'11 here. I'm still trying to figure out what an ideal weight would be. I carry a lot of weight in my stomach, so finding jeans is a pain. A size 8 pair of jeans fits my thighs perfectly at the moment (130lbs), but my stomach is nowhere close to that.

I'm aiming for 100lbs (that freaks people out when they don't realize how short I am--most middle school aged kids are taller than me, and I'm in my 20s). At 119 I still had a (smaller) potbelly, so I'm hoping 100 will do the trick.

LandonsBaby
03-08-2010, 07:21 PM
I was just thinking about this thread and somehow landed here. Weird! Morgan, I have the opposite problem but at least I can take in the waist. You can't exactly take in the thighs of a pair of jeans. Well, I guess you could but it would cost a fortune if you didn't know how to do it yourself :p I hate trying to find pants. Heck, I hate buying clothes period. I don't think anyone here would be freaked out by your goal weight. We know little people don't need to weigh the same as other people. :D But if you just had a little bit of belly at 119 you could be surprised and find out it doesn't take much less then that to be happy with your waist. Good luck!!!

cmk79
03-08-2010, 11:08 PM
I'm 5'1".I've lost 13 lbs so far, and I still have 109 lbs to go.I just started weight watchers, so I hope it works!I'm trying to lose weight by May 2011, in time for my brother's wedding, which I'll be in.

Dawn415
03-13-2010, 11:12 AM
Joining this thread. I am 4'11" on most scales although I can get to 5' on a really good day! :D

My current weight is around 172-175. I haven't stepped on the scale in a couple of weeks. I need to.

My goal is ultimately 125. I would love to get lower, but right now I would much rather just be realistic. At 125 I would be considered not overweight.....that is my real goal.

My first goal is to get to 150. I think I can do that by the summer.

I know my calorie count needs to be lower than most of my friends. It is frustrating.

Dawn

kamesennin
03-19-2010, 02:53 AM
Hi guys, what's up? I keep forgetting to log into this website. I had to buy some size 10 jeans bc my 8s were getting tight. :( But I just joined the Y and I am getting in a lot more exercise. Trying to figure out my eating bc I'm a lot hungrier and it just all hits at around 4pm. ??? I don't even smoke pot, I swear! Mondays I go to this cardio sculpt class at the Y, Wed is swimming (ok just kicking w/the paddle board bc I can't really swim), and Fridays I go to my boot camp class. I'm trying to make it in on the weekends more to use the elliptical and bike. Of course the sauna is awesome too...

:dizzy:

chickapea
03-19-2010, 03:15 AM
Ahoy hoy! I never knew there was a thread for fellow shorties here! I'm 4'10.5" so I definitely count. I've lost 35 lbs so far, and have 25 more to go. I'm hoping to be mostly comfortable in a bikini by the time DH and I go on our cruise to Mexico in May. Plus our house is hangout central during the summer because we have a pool and I'd love to be confident in front of all our friends, instead of self-conscious and in a cover-up from my wrists down to my knees like I was last summer.

kamesennin, have you tried having a snack around that time? I find when I'm hungry, it's more about having something satisfying rather than having a lot of something. I find some crackers and two wedges of light laughing cow cheese really hits the spot.

morgan! I totally feel you - I always feel like I have to justify my goal weight to people, even if they don't say anything about it. Just defensive I guess. I'm at 120 lbs now and I still have a belly, I still have chubby arms (I'm an apple). I picked my goal weight as 95 because I want to be slim for once in my life and I think that's where "slim" is for me.

kamesennin
03-19-2010, 09:09 PM
I done good today! It's 5pm so instead of plowing through some peanut butter, cereal, nuts or trail mix, I had a mini dinner instead: 1/2 ww pita, tzatziki, 4 pieces of salami, 1 cheese stick, and some grapes. :carrot:

Pretty sure I can have a 300-400 cal dinner and still have a chocolate pudding cup for dessert.

marielenrdz
03-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Hello! Not a big poster but I luv this site. It's a great help to read threads, though. I find great encouragement in them.

I don't know what my profile thingy or sig says cos I haven't had a computer in a couple of years (gasp!). I use my phone 4 everything 4 now.

Anyhoo, I'm 5'1" or 5'2"...not sure which! lol it seems to change everytime I measure! Currently 166 down from 188 on Jan 1. My highest weight was 230 six yrs ago! Stuck between 200's & 180's for years!

Was pretty excited to c the 60's finally. Goal weight is 135. I don't know that I should b any lower than that. I think sum people r just meant to b curvy. I'm bottom heavy...so right now from the boobs up I look like a skinny minnie. All my weight is in my belly, butt & thighs. Can't imagine them ever disappearing!

So does anyone else believe in the idea that sum of us r meant to be a little heavy & should focus on health & well being instead of a magic # on a chart? Or is that just a cop out?

kamesennin
04-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Hi! Bumping our thread. How is everyone doing? I'm hiding out in my apt for fear of all the Easter candy. lol

Quiet Ballerina
04-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Well, I just got back from a trip. I tried to make healthy choices, but some days just didn't go well.

I recently started doing Jenny Craig to help give me a kick in the booty to lose the weight. I'm in my friend's wedding (Maid of Honor!) next month, and I'm bummed at where my weight is. The bride (and all the bridesmaids) are at least 5' 6", so even if I was "normal" weight I'd look short & fat next to them. Since I am short and fat, it makes it even worse.

On a more positive note: I tried on my dress for the first time in months, and it's too big! I could probably twist it around my body completely without unzipping it. That makes me SO EXCITED!!!

mermaid20
06-08-2010, 12:38 PM
It's been awhile...

I've been gone for many months, probably since around the peak of holiday season... But i am back. I am getting married in less than two months and I am heavier now then I was then.... what is wrong with me?? I was close to my goal of 105... and now I am at 121 pounds again. I did the 30 day shred which at one point felt almost too easy for me and now... I had to stop about 10 times during the 20 minutes and it was painful... I am so out of shape. I ordered my wedding dress in a size four when my waist size was quite a bit lower. I am so worried about fitting into it. I need to lose weight but I am so tired all the time I don't want to work out and all I can think about is food. bad unhealthy food!!

If I could just lose 9 pounds in these two months and tone up while doing it id be so happy. I cant have this fat large flabby arms flapping around on my wedding day.

mizb1978
06-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Congrats on the wedding.

I know you can lose the weight. Be confident, Be healthy and strong. You will do this! I know how hard it is to work out when you are so tired. I was there. After over a month exercising everyother day, and now every day, I see a BIG difference. Just force yourself to do it.

You really will be glad you did when you see photos of you in that lovely white dress!!

mermaid20
06-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Thank you so much mizb1978!!

I am trying to eat healthier (although today I had a donut and a large dinner)
and i have been working out almost every other day and it's still... pathetic... but I am seeing progress in my breathing and such so at least it makes me feel like I am getting healthier even if I don't see physical progress or progress on the scale.

I hope I can tone up some though.

Any tips or advice?

mermaid20
06-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Where is everyone??

Quiet Ballerina
06-21-2010, 06:19 PM
I don't know. I'm beginning to feel like a thread killer. Seems like every thread I post on, suddenly everyone disappears. :(

JustImagine
06-25-2010, 02:33 AM
Is it just me or is being short a hassle sometimes? :[

shortandfluffy
06-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Is it just me or is being short a hassle sometimes? :[

Its not just you! Its a huge hassle.. pants are too long usually for one thing!

But I hate being around my taller friends and being bigger than them. When you gain it has nowhere to go. My freaking arms and thighs. And I have a big booty (although I did win a butt shaking contest.. LOL)

In my sisters wedding I was the shortest AND biggest bridesmaid. ::sigh::

JustImagine
06-27-2010, 07:18 PM
For me what's the worst is my SO is a foot taller than me.

I feel so short around him.

Also, I'm the shortest in my family, including my cousins/aunts and so on.

Plus It's annoying that I have to use a chair to get stuff that my little sister could reach easily.

PurdueGirl98
06-28-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey ladies Im still around but didnt think people were still posting in this thread, when I was younger I would think that being short is a hassle, getting older has made me realize that it is no longer something to worry about, Ive accepted it, Ive learned to adapt and now I announce that Im 5'0 tall to the world and dont feel embarrassed. Being short is who I am, and I honestly would not change it for the world!

kamesennin
07-03-2010, 04:14 AM
Hello shorties, I bought some new clothes recently and just wanted to share that Lululemon hems clothes for no charge. Pricey but very well made and I love everything I have--got a shirt hemmed and it fits perfectly. Land's End hems pants to custom sizes so I am going to try there for pants the next time I need them! I'm have a 26" inseam, lol.

Starify
07-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Hello, fellow shorties. [: How are you all?

PurdueGirl98
07-15-2010, 12:55 AM
Im doing great, currently doing Turbo Jam and the pounds are dropping again after my second month long plateau.

tymaboy
07-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Hello. May I join you here? I am 5'2. I have a 17yr DS that loves to rub it in that he is taller then I am. He's 5'8, I have no clue where he gets it from since his father was only a few inches taller then me.

I have been trying to loose some weight for the last 2 months now & am not having much luck. I started out at 148 & the last week have been going from 144- 142. This week I have made an attempt to start running with my DS. I have gone almost a mile twice this week. I am hoping that this will help me with my weightloss. I am very frusterated cuz I have been very careful as to what I have been eating. I've been trying to stick with lower carb & natural foods - fruits veggies & meats

kamesennin
07-24-2010, 02:20 AM
Hello. May I join you here? I am 5'2. I have a 17yr DS that loves to rub it in that he is taller then I am. He's 5'8, I have no clue where he gets it from since his father was only a few inches taller then me.

I have been trying to loose some weight for the last 2 months now & am not having much luck. I started out at 148 & the last week have been going from 144- 142. This week I have made an attempt to start running with my DS. I have gone almost a mile twice this week. I am hoping that this will help me with my weightloss. I am very frusterated cuz I have been very careful as to what I have been eating. I've been trying to stick with lower carb & natural foods - fruits veggies & meats

It definitely gets harder when you are almost to goal. Do you do any strength training? That can make a big difference, plus you're burn more calories w/more muscle. I've been stuck 15-20 lbs from goal for like 1.5 years so I'm trying to step it up.

changepourlemeilleur
08-24-2010, 09:02 PM
::sits in corner:: i am too short for the tall thread and too tall for the short thread.... le sigh lol

veegod
10-07-2010, 05:59 AM
Well, I have just joined and I am glad to see this thread because short girls with weight issues have it harder, I just believe that! I am so glad to see everyone and my goal is to stop driving through fast food restaurants because I do not want to cook!:cool:

LindsB
10-13-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm totally going to have to join this thread! I am dying right now because it is the week before my TOTM and I want to eat everything in sight! I am doing well with only eating fairly healthy foods, but I just feel hungry constantly when typically I wouldn't!

I am terrified to get on the scale because I know I will be SO discouraged if I haven't had a loss..........IDK what to do. I have been working out 4-5xs per week and eating pretty well so I should be okay, but I'm still scared! My pants feel a little looser today, but I'm afraid that might just be in my head or they got stretched out or something--RAWR!

LindsB
10-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Where are all my other shorties at?!?!

LookAfterYou
10-17-2010, 04:47 AM
Hey All! I'm a newbie from Australia. Currently 68 (149!) and would love to be down to 54 (120) by Christmas! Does anyone know if this is possible? I'm 21 and planning to work my *** off (literally!) Also, only 160 which I'm pretty sure is under 5'2"!

molldoll
10-18-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm new here & this seems like a good place to join in with the other 5'2 and under! I'm with you LindsB on being nervous to weigh in in fear of not losing weight but losing motivation!

LindsB
10-20-2010, 03:38 PM
moll- per my post last week....i did get on the scale and had lost a pound! I was happy with that! I've always been a pretty slow loser...when I don't lose weight I tend to lose motivation! I come here to help with the motivation factor. So far, this site has been a God-send for me!

molldoll
10-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Linds - great news! :) I'll probably weigh in on Monday & see how it's been going. My "Insanity" dvds should be arriving sometime next week too and I'm hoping that gets the weight to come off more steadily!! But I agree, this site is so motivating!

JLNichols07
10-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Thought I'd join this! I'm 5'2 and that might be pushing it. Can't wait to get down to a normal and healthy weight!

thelittleflower
11-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Hello, I would like to join this thread :D

I'm 5'2'' and have about 30 more lbs. to lose. I'm a calorie counter and do weight lifting and cardio, trying to work out at least 5x a week!

I dropped 80 lbs about 5 years ago, and gained some back due to various things, including my poor habits.

I'm glad I found this group :) will chat more later.

LindsB
11-02-2010, 04:53 PM
woohoo! So excited to have more shorties!

How is everyone doing?

I am hanging in there with tracking all of my food and working out A LOT! I have been losing about a pound per week! I am currently 16lbs from goal and CANNOT wait to get there...with the holidays and a vacation at in all inclusive resort in the next 2 months it will certainly be challenging, but ultimately if I can come out of holidays/vacation at 145 I would literally cry with excitment! That would mean only 10lbs to maintence!!!!!

JennieGrl
11-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Another shortie here. I joined here back in September, but haven't had much luck. Hoping to change that. I joined Lucille Roberts and yesterday was my first day. I'm also tracking my food intake on sparkpeople.com. I'm hoping to lose 10lbs by years end, 25 by Memorial Day wkend. Not gonna go crazy, I'd love more, but I'll go with that. I have a bad "weekends = beer" habit lol

thelittleflower: ok if I steal your idea of how you have your mini goals lined up like that to each holiday? I like it :)

FatPantsSkinnyJeans
11-03-2010, 01:48 AM
So THIS is where all the short girls with hips hang out!

Hi everyone....

Just started on my plan a week ago!

I am:

-Writing down what I eat/counting calories
-Exercising 3-4x/week
-Trying to drink more water

I strive to:
-Pay attention to how I feel when I eat
-Stop when I feel full
-Snack with purpose, not out of habit or for comfort

I am also Optimistic! :)

Nice to "meet" you all!

thelittleflower
11-03-2010, 10:15 AM
JennieGrl -- feel free, I stole it from someone else, haha :D

I'm doing great with my diet and exercise. I lifted weights on Monday, 45 mins on the elliptical on Tuesday, today I am taking a break. I want to keep it up so *maybe* I can see 142-143 on the scale next Friday 11/12! Thank goodness for my wonderful boyfriend, though. Even when I was reallllly tired on Monday, he pushed me to go to the gym and eventually I went and was very glad I did so :)

I also started taking the bus to/from work, and now I walk to the gym, so that's a good 40 minutes of walking at least on the days I go to the gym.

I find I have a lot more energy when I am physically active. :)

Hi FatPants, your plan sounds reasonable and very well thought out. It's good to be optimistic and I hope you stick around!

JennieGrl
11-03-2010, 10:44 AM
thanks littleflower :)

I too did very well yesterday. marked all my food down, finished at about 1300 calories and went to the gym. Did 30 min on treadmill then a 45 minute zumba class. BTW.....I HAVE NOOOO RHYTHM AT ALL LOL! But it will indeed get rid of my muffin top hehe

My boyfriend has been great too. Always gives encouragement and reminds me he knows I can do it. He's 6' 5" and weighs a big whopping 186 lol

Hi Fatpants, ditto on happy to find a shorties thread.

JLNichols07
11-03-2010, 10:49 AM
hey everyone. things r going good my way..got on the scale this morning and went from 177 to 176.2 and walked 2 miles yesterday...im so proud of myself! hope these 170s fly by!

LindsB
11-03-2010, 12:27 PM
All I can say is COME BACK TO ME 140's! I cannot wait to get into the 140's and hopefully blast them away rather quickly although I will be facing holidays and vacation in the next 2 months!

I skipped the gym last night but did walk about 3.1 miles on my lunch break. I am going to do 30 day shred before I go to the gym tonight. My goal is to go to the gym 6x's per week and get in 3 "extra" workouts. So far I've only gotten one extra in!

carol2208
11-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Hey!! Can I join too?

Iīm counting calories (I try to eat between 1.000 - 1.200 cal/day) and exercising 6x week... or at least Iīm trying to. Iīm finding it hard to stick to it longer than 2 weeks at a time, then I have a cheat day and go back on track, itīs working but the downside of it is that itīs really slowing down my loss...

LindsB, like you, I canīt wait to see the 140īs again, and then say good-bye when I reach the 130īs. This time, Iīm commited to getting to goal!!

Great meeting you all!! :)

JennieGrl
11-03-2010, 05:12 PM
thats all you eat? I'd be starving if I ate that little. according to sparkpeople.com i should be eating between 1200-1500 a day (with exercise of course).

This thread orginated back in July 2009. Anyone think we should start a fresh one?

LindsB
11-03-2010, 05:54 PM
We can start a fresh one if you'd like!!

carol2208
11-04-2010, 06:30 AM
I know, itīs very little... but if I go over 1.200, even with exercise, it takes me about 8 - 9 days to loose 1 lbs. I did a lot of trial and error to arrive at that number, and these calories I can manage and am not starving by the end of the day... but I do have a day off (about 1.500 cal) every 2 weeks or so...

FatPantsSkinnyJeans
11-04-2010, 10:53 AM
JennieGrl -- feel free, I stole it from someone else, haha :D

I'm doing great with my diet and exercise. I lifted weights on Monday, 45 mins on the elliptical on Tuesday, today I am taking a break. I want to keep it up so *maybe* I can see 142-143 on the scale next Friday 11/12! Thank goodness for my wonderful boyfriend, though. Even when I was reallllly tired on Monday, he pushed me to go to the gym and eventually I went and was very glad I did so :)

I also started taking the bus to/from work, and now I walk to the gym, so that's a good 40 minutes of walking at least on the days I go to the gym.

I find I have a lot more energy when I am physically active. :)

Hi FatPants, your plan sounds reasonable and very well thought out. It's good to be optimistic and I hope you stick around!

Thanks, sounds like you're on just the right track too!

FatPantsSkinnyJeans
11-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi JennieGrl,
So glad you tried Zumba!
It's one of my favorite "workouts" because it just feels like an hour of giggling and flailing around with friends :) Stick with it, once you get an idea of the steps, the rhythm comes!

JennieGrl
11-04-2010, 12:01 PM
I did indeed laugh thats fur sure! I'll def stick with it. Plus if when i get the moves down I can show em to my bf ;) lol

So, how'd all of us shorties do yesterday?

I ate bout 1200 calories and did 25 min treadmill and a 40 min class of half step half kickboxing. I feel good today :) . Weather stinx but mood is good!

LindsB
11-04-2010, 01:28 PM
I've been feeling tired a lot lately due to not sleeping well. It makes it incredibly difficult to make it to the gym, but I have managed to continue to go. I'm so pissed because I'm up to 152.0 from 151.4 yesterday. So annoying! I have been OP and exercising as usual.........Hopefully I'll see a better loss tomorrow!

Pint Sized Terror
11-04-2010, 03:23 PM
I didn't know there was a short thread!! I was recently measured at the gym and I'm actually 5'2 1/4". They said the 1/4" was pushing it, LOL. I always thought I was closer to 5'3". *sigh*

I find that weight is a big issue for shorties because we all show it easier than someone who is taller. 10lbs on me shows a lot more than it would on, say, my sister, who is 5'7". :mad:

I had avoided weighing myself for a while because of bloating. I finally didn't feel bloated and weighed in today and it says that I've gained 3lbs from the last time I weighed. However, my TOM came today (yay for surprises...not) so I'm not upset. Go figure, the first day in over a month I don't feel bloated and TOM rears her ugly head. :p

I need to recalculate a goal weight for myself. Not only am I almost an inch shorter than I thought I was, lol, I have a small frame and I'm not as "big boned" as I always ALWAYS told myself. :dizzy:

FatPantsSkinnyJeans
11-05-2010, 06:07 AM
Good morning to the shorties!

I'm at work right now.... chewing gum, drinking water, trying not to snack... aaahhggg. So far so good.

Running my first-ever 5 k race tomorrow... hoping to finish in under 40 mins! We'll see.... however, my only goal is to finish it.

Unfortunately went over my calories yesterday... but, I know that perfection isn't the goal... the goal is overall improved habits, mindfulness, and moving around more.

How's everyone else doing?

thelittleflower
11-05-2010, 10:24 AM
@ Pint Sized - I totally know what you mean! I was thrilled when I could say I was no longer 5'1.5'' -- I officially hit 5'2'' this year! WOOOOOO!!! And we're similar in height and weight :) I love being short EXCEPT for the fact that weight does show a lot easier. If I were 144 and 5'8'', I'd be set :D

FatPants - Good luck on the 5K! My goal is to run one once I'm in a little better shape. When I was fit, I loved running!

LindsB - Good job on contining going to the gym even though you're not feeling 100%. I've changed sleep schedules and I just had to skip yesterday to catch up on my Zzzz's...my boyfriend is pleased because I was so cranky yesterday!

I couldn't resist and I weighed myself yesterday - 144.2!!! I haven't seen that number since June 2009. I will resist weighing myself until next Friday, though. Weighing myself everyday, I drive myself INSANE with those fluctuations.

Doing good on my calories - need to get better with the gym. I didn't go Wed because I was at a friend's, Thursday I needed to catch up on sleep, tonight I am having friends over. I don't have a car right now and have to walk there so it's a little of a PITA to go. BUT I am going tomorrow - going to do 60 mins of cardio + weightlifting (might break it up into 2 sessions)

Well shorties, gotta get my booty workin. Have a fabulous Friday!

JennieGrl
11-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Good morning and TGIF all shorties :)

Fatpants, thats awesome! good luck in your run!

littleflower, i've been there! things just come up and u can't get there. enjoy your friday with your friends tomorrow's another day and come monday a new week

I had another good day yesterday. Stayed within my calorie count and did 25 min treadmill and 45 min class of interval training.

Worried about the weekend tho. This is where i always screw up. I stay at my boyfriends on the weekends and as you can see in my picture he's mad skinny and very tall lol. Eats anything and drinks soda n beer (wkend mainly beer lol). I too am a beer lover and haven't had 1 since last saturday. So I'm going to be honest and say i will enjoy my saturday and have a few. going to make turkey chili so i have that to eat instead of Dominoes which is his favorite drunk food lol

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

LindsB
11-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Hola shorties!

Pint- choosing a goal weight for myself has been a challenge. I am naturally curvacious and always have been. It is weird, but I don't look that different from like 125 to 135, so I am going to shoot for 135 which is a healthy weight and if i feel like going lower I will! Hang in there...your TOM weight is sure to come right back off!

Lots of cleaning to do at the house! RAWR :devil:

jmeree
11-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Hello tiny ladies,

I have been struggling to lose forty pounds forever! I am finally, slowly, losing weight. I can't wait to feel healthy and be able to go into a store, try on clothing, and not get disgusted in the fitting room. I used to be 105lbs, ten years ago and all through H.S. and being able to buy anything! Petite size of course. I have not bought any clothes (am looking quite like the bum) because I hate buying clothes in my current size. I really get depressed! I know it is not healthy to let your weight control your life but my family has tons of beauties who are overweight and can not stand themselves.

FatPantsSkinnyJeans
11-07-2010, 05:43 PM
Hey shorties!

Finished my first 5k this weekend.... I'm totally happy with my time (32 mins 45 sec) and I'm inspired to start training for an 8k in the spring.

Time to stop fixating on my "stumpy little legs" and stop comparing myself to the tall, waif-like runners around me, and to instead get motivated and congratulate myself for hard work well done!

How did everyone's weekend go?

thelittleflower
11-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Happy Monday shorties!! :D

FatPants -- congrats on the 5k! That is an awesome achievement.

LindsB -- It's good to set realistic goals. I think I am going to raise mine to 125 since I am weight training (when I was 115 I was skinny and fit but not muscular) I used to be 125 and very muscly and I've asked some male friends and they said I looked better at 125. I guess I just get fixated on that 'smaller number' which is silly but oh well :)

jmeree -- congrats on your loss thus far! welcome to the thread. :carrot:

I had a bad weekend, food wise. My boyfriend encouraged me to have a splurge day on Saturday (not watch what I eat) because we were celebrating me being smoke free for 2 months cold turkey (longest I have gone without cracking is 50 days) and it kind of turned into a splurge weekend. Ugh. I still weight trained on Saturday and did an extra 15 mins on the elliptical yesterday. So I still kept up with my exercise but I ate TERRIBLE this past weekend :( Oh well, dust myself off and try again, right? Back OP this week!!!

Hope everyone is having a FABULOUS Monday!! I know I was all screwed up because of Daylight Savings Time ending ;)

carol2208
11-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Hey Ladies !!!

FatPants - thatīs awesome !! CONGRATS!!! How did you train for it? Iīve been trying to improve my time, but I seem to not be able to take my time below 38 minutes...

Lately, weekends are definately a challenge for me, and they take a big toll on my weigh loss. Still havenīt figured out a way to do it better... this weekend will be another challenging one as Iīm spending it in Amsterdam. And tomorrow is a holiday here... (never thought I would complain about holidays!! hehe)

Have a great week everyone!!!

LindsB
11-08-2010, 12:32 PM
I didn't do horrible this weekend with eating, but I didn't write cals down on Saturday and Sunday. I know I probably hovered around 1,800-2,000 though. I am really good about writing everything down during the week and I dont' do as well on the weekend. I really need to kick my butt into gear or I'm not going to make my Thanksgiving goal!

FatPantsSkinnyJeans
11-08-2010, 04:14 PM
LindsB-- I am in the same boat. The weekends are SO hard!! I guess I never wanted to admit just how many bajillion calories they involve.. haha

carol2208-- I signed up for the 5k back in September, and made it my goal to run 3 miles 2-3 times per week until the race. My natural, comfortable pace is between 10-11 mins/mile (which is pretty slow), but during the race I really felt the energy of the crowd. I pushed hard at the end... it must have shaved off a few minutes! Keep working at it; it's a great goal, and you can get there with practice and some mindful attempts at pushing beyond your comfortable pace (sprinting for a minute at a time, etc).

thelittleflower- Thank you! Love to know there are other little gals out there working on this, too.

Ahh, time for another work week. I work my usual 3 night shifts this week, starting tonight, but have volunteered to do some extra daytime shifts this week as well...
... hope that I can stay on plan for those days, as I tend to feel more ravenous when I get home.

We shall see!

As for my weight, my scale is off by 0.4, so if I add this to this morning's weigh in.... I am down to 127 on the nose! Making slow and steady progress.

Happy Monday everyone :)

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/slider-egg/lb/130/115/127/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

JennieGrl
11-08-2010, 04:26 PM
I didn't do horrible this weekend with eating, but I didn't write cals down on Saturday and Sunday. I know I probably hovered around 1,800-2,000 though. I am really good about writing everything down during the week and I dont' do as well on the weekend. I really need to kick my butt into gear or I'm not going to make my Thanksgiving goal!

Same here LindsB. I'm religious with marking down every little thing I eat (Monday - Friday), but come the weekend, forget it lol

I was bad this weekend, not with my eating, my drinking. I went 7 days without an alcoholic beverage that I went crazy overboard saturday. Let's just say my bf had to put me to bed lol. So I prob had bout 2000 calories saturday, but i did work out a lil earlier in the day.

New day today, eating good, writing it down, gym tonight.

JLNichols07
11-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Hey Everyone. I'm ready to see the 160's...I hate being short sometimes...all the weight is all gathered in my upper half and makes me look like humpty dumpty! LOL. I'll be perfectly fine when I'm at a healthy weight range! lol

LindsB
11-08-2010, 09:42 PM
JL- you and I are opposites...I am tiny on top and "thick" on the bottom! I'd like to shift a little of my booty up to my "girls" hahaha