Old 07-29-2009, 10:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Default Questions about some Things

I am hoping y'all can explain some things to me that no one else seems to be able too. If anyone else has questions that you want to ask please do! That is the only way to learn.

My first question is: How do you know if your doing what God wants you to do or what you think you should do?

Sometimes I just don't know if I am doing the right thing, but hoping I am.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsie View Post

My first question is: How do you know if your doing what God wants you to do or what you think you should do?
Don't make this too difficult BOOTSIE God is much bigger than us! He is with you ALWAYS! He can lead you wherever you are at in life.

What does God want you to do?....He wants you to live the life He chose for you. Get up in the morning and go about your day...whatever your day is. As you move through it look for ways to make your life a little better for you and for those around you.

Take time out of your day to strengthen yourself....take time out of your day to think of Him and read His word....

Take a minute or two to be nice to someone.

Take time, as your life allows, to spread His Good News.

Take time each week to rest in Him...

Take time each week to honor Him...

Don't make it too difficult...

He only asks for us to have a relationship with Him.

The rest will happen...

He is in control....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

EZMoney is spot on! Here is what I always try to remember:

The steps of the righteous man are ordered by the Lord. Psalms 37:23

I take a step and He does the guiding. Even when I fall or go off the beaten path He is there to put me back on track.

It can not be said often enough: 'He only asks for us to have a relationship with Him.'

Amen!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #4  

Thank You Gary and New Creation, Jesus made me smile this morning he is sooooooo amazing to me! I am sent God's Promises every morning and this is what I received on this morning!

This week's promise: God has wonderful plans for your life
How do I know which way to go?
A whole article on it!

He knows what I am thinking before I think it!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BOOTSIE ~ funny that you should ask that today; one of my devotionals today was about asking GOD to show us what work we could do for Him in our lives. We are to ask GOD to show us opportunities to help others, just like GARY says.

Before you know it, these opportunities will show up in your life; as did the article that came to you today. Often they are simple little things that we didn't notice before; like smiling at someone, or doing something to help someone closeby, like a neighbour, family member, or a friend. It may just be to pray for someone, or be a shoulder to lean on for someone who is hurting, etc.

He says that if we ask, He is faithful and will answer us ... (from the Psalms; many times)
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 301/280/199

May I jump in with an opinion? When I feel good about what I am doing or have done, then I think I am following God. When I feel regret or remorse or embarrassment or any kind of negative emotion, then I need to look at myself and my actions.

Is that too simple? Well, maybe, but it works for me.
SpicyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:26 PM   #7  

Thanks Spicy woman, I understand what your saying and it does make sense, I had been doing what I thought good about doing for 2 years and then all of a sudden I turn around and it is like my life was turned up side down? I just felt like at that time Jesus was telling me it was time to move on but yet part of me wanted to stay so bad. It was sorta leaving a church you had grown to love and had been with for years, but it was not a church, but close. I was asked to come back today but I don't think I will ever go back. I love this group and I believe this is where I belong.
Like you said I feel good where I am now so this must be the place where Jesus wants me to be.

Last edited by Bootsie; 08-25-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #8  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Smile Follow PEACE:

If you follow PEACE you can't go wrong.

Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote