South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Default Need Quick Breakfast and Lunch ideas

Hi - next week I am in W2 P2 but will be on vacation with others at a home. What are some good breakfast ideas that won't involved a lot of cooking (or questions for that matter - I'm trying to keep my diet on the down low)? Any good cereals?

I am most likely going to go back to P1 when I return to recover but I am not planning on eating like crazy. I just may be limited to what is in the home and nearby.

Thx.
Momofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Some of my favorite quick and easy breakfasts:
hard boiled eggs, deviled eggs, dinner leftovers, oatmeal is easy in the microwave with peanut butter, berries... if you've added a grain and a fruit, you can do wraps with ww tortillas - ricotta cheese with fruit, or turkey breast and lettuce or spinach, refried beans with salsa
There's always cottage cheese, yogurt, smoothies
There are some allowable cereals, but I don't know much about that because I don't care for the ones I've tried, and plus they don't tide me over very well.

Hope this helps!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I'm happy with the Ezekial cold cereal for an OP splurge although it's spendy. For oatmeal, Old Wessex Ltd has a 100% Whole Grain 5 grain cereal. A crustless quiche with vegies and turkey bacon. Scrambling eggs with extra goodies, potatoes and toast. Skipping the potatoes wouldn't be too obvious. A continental style breakfast with fruit, cereals and toast/bagels and jam, picking for you what is OP. You could also do fruit, ham cold cuts and a cheese tray, with an option for toast. WW muffins with egg/cheese could be prepared ahead and heated in the oven or microwave.

I must say that in rereading your post I'm not sure if you are with others but preparing just your meal, or serving for others.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-29-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Fiber one cereal with a few berries to help it go down is my favorite fast breakfast.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Pregnant, due 5/30/10.

Height: 5'9

Since you're on P2, what about a mini bagel sandwich for breakfast? I love mini bagels with laughing cow and whatever lunch meat I have on hand. Come to think of it, that would make a great lunch too...
kleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:33 AM   #6  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

There are some great ideas (not all of them quick, but many are) in the Breakfast Alternatives to Eggs thread in the FAQ.

Love your avatar, Mom! Is that your kitty?
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:16 AM   #7  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I bought a copy of South Beach Diet Cookbook and baked Wholesome Oat Muffins {page 30} tonight. I subbed unsweetened applesauce for the oil, and added 1/2 cup dark choc chips, and didn't add the nuts. I thought they were very good if a little unsweet. I intend to eat these for breakfast.

Disclaimer: I'm not following SBD but I like the recipes, especially the ones in SBD Quick and Easy cookbook. Hope this helps

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 07-31-2009 at 02:16 AM. Reason: spelling
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:58 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
I bought a copy of South Beach Diet Cookbook and baked Wholesome Oat Muffins {page 30} tonight. I subbed unsweetened applesauce for the oil, and added 1/2 cup dark choc chips, and didn't add the nuts. I thought they were very good if a little unsweet. I intend to eat these for breakfast.

Disclaimer: I'm not following SBD but I like the recipes,
and....actually the recipe would be much better for SB'ers by sticking to the original recipe. If anything, it would be better to substitute the oil with plain ff yogurt and by skipping the choc chips while keeping the nuts.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-31-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote