Recipes Your favorite healthy recipes

Old 07-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Default Ideas for Veggie Burgers?

I joined the Pantry Challenge and have a LOT of veggie burgers to eat in the next few weeks. Any ideas for interesting meals with them?

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

make yourself some oven fries with Pam spray. That way you can have "hamburgers" and fries. Or "cheeseburgers" and fries.

Or....open up a can of cream of mushroom soup and add the veggie burgers to that....I used to do that with hamburgers....my husband likes it. Have mashed potatoes with it.......
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #3  
NOT Aging Gracefully!

S/C/G: 223/ticker/126

Height: 5' 8"

I cut them up and put them in a FF tortilla with some low fat cheese, salsa, and a bunch of veggies (onions, peppers, cilantro, etc) and nuke it for 30 seconds for a quick lunch. Oh, and a tablespoon of low fat sour cream on top. Satisfies the Mexican food craving for a couple of days!
jelder227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugCanDoIt View Post
make yourself some oven fries with Pam spray. That way you can have "hamburgers" and fries. Or "cheeseburgers" and fries.

Or....open up a can of cream of mushroom soup and add the veggie burgers to that....I used to do that with hamburgers....my husband likes it. Have mashed potatoes with it.......
Thank you - I think I'll make some oven-baked sweet pototato "fries."
Old 07-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelder227 View Post
I cut them up and put them in a FF tortilla with some low fat cheese, salsa, and a bunch of veggies (onions, peppers, cilantro, etc) and nuke it for 30 seconds for a quick lunch. Oh, and a tablespoon of low fat sour cream on top. Satisfies the Mexican food craving for a couple of days!

Thank you - I'll try that tonight.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

I sometimes cut up veggie burgers and put them in my salads. They're also surprisingly good with an egg and a slice of low fat cheese on a piece of toast for breakfast (my favorite like this is the black bean burgers). They're also good cut up and tossed with roasted veggies and topped with a little tomato sauce and parmesan.

Last edited by Bombe; 08-27-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Bombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/138/120

Height: 5'5"

Default Veggie burgers :) mmm

Sooo many possibilities!

-chop up and mix w/ chili spice. put over a bed of lettuce, top with tomatoes, a few crumbled tortilla chips, and a tiny pic of LF sour cream, and LF sprinkle cheese. taco salad
-use grill seasonings and make in a george foreman or grill to add flavors for burgers (makes no need for cheese!), eat on an open faced bun
-mix w/ bbq sauce or manwhich sauce
-use as meat in a veggie soup
-buy low fat low carb tortilla's and put crumbled meat and cheese inside for a quesadilla!
Paiche is offline   Reply With Quote