Old 07-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #1  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Default Official Labor Day Goal Thread!

July just might be my month of maintenance - a month of no loss! I decided that I'm not done - CAN'T be done. The iPod reward is out there at 150, but Labor Day is closer and I am back in focus. I'm going to take off 6 lbs in 6 weeks - starting at 160, where I've been hovering after an invigorating trip to 158. 154 by Sept 7.

Anyone else ready to declare a goal for Labor Day?
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:11 AM   #2  
Learner

S/C/G: 201/183/155

Height: 5' 5"

What a great idea!

I'm aiming for 175 or less by Labor Day. That will be 7 pounds from where I am right now and 6 pounds from my low last week. July has been a maintenance month for me, too.

I'm going to the gym today for the first time in a long time. The incentive is that it's air conditioned and it's way too hot to be exercising outside.

175 or lower by September 7.
presmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #3  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hi,
I'd like to join you. I would love to be in the 170's by labor day- 179 would put me at overweight. But that is twelve lbs in 6 weeks. (I'm doing the christmas challenge too - which is also 2lbs/week.) Well I am going to go for it.

179 by September 7th.

Wishing you a day of success!
Ash
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #4  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Great idea ICU! Loved your pictures by the way!

I've also been maintaining this summer. Time to get back in the game! I'm going to go for 173 by Labor Day. That's 5 pounds. Anything more will be a bonus!

I'll keep walking everyday and Water aerobics 3 times a week. I'll be back to counting points, not just portion control. Let's do it!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #5  
my beautiful mess

Hey Onmyway, Presmaggie, and ICU,

Hope you are all having a great day.

Ash
Old 07-29-2009, 11:18 AM   #6  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

I really need to join in on this challenge but with my cruise coming up I'm not expecting to really lose anything in the next 3-4 weeks.

I'll be ready for a three month Thanksgiving challenge after the cruise is over for those that want to continue their challenge.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #7  
Recovering Pantry Pest

POP yesterday and so far today - bitin' it and writin' it! Yesterday's activity was de-cluttering for the housekeepers, and tonight's will be two hours of weeding. I'm enthused at the moment - I feel as motivated right now as I did back in February when I started this whole jag. iPod Touch - thy name is "Becky's".
Old 07-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: S 214/ C 204 / G 140

I would like to join the challenge. I am in the Atkins induction phase right now and just started on Monday. I started at 215 and have lost 7 lbs. in the first few days. I know that will slow considerably so my goal is to get to under 200 lbs. by Labor Day. Anything more than that will be a bonus!

The goal....lose at least 9 lbs. and get to onederland! Thanks for the challenge!
RandZsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:17 AM   #9  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Welcome to all! 39 days to Labor Day, a mere 5 1/2 weeks. It's just enough time to establish some new, good habits, and not so long that the "light at the end of the tunnel" is too small to see. Looks like everybody's chosen realistic and very do-able goals that will bring us into the Fantastic Fall season!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #10  
my beautiful mess

Hey Cruisecat, RandZsMom, Onmyway, Presmaggie, and ICU,

How is everyone doing?

I have not lost anything - but the scale is doing that hovering-over-a-smaller-number thing - before it settles on 191. So I have hope. Been working on eating OP, whole foods mostly with calorie counting and lowering carbs.

So what is the best "trick" you have learned to help you on this journey?

For me it's writing it all down, the food and the exercise.

Have a great and successful day!
Ash
Old 07-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #11  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Ash - my "secret" seems to be that food log. If I commit to writing things down, I seem to naturally keep between 1100-1700 calories. When I get casual about it, the scale goes up. I think the devil is in the portion control for me. And this might be sacrilege, but it's also consistent with what the Maintainers say - weight loss is 90% in the diet, but maintenance is 90% in the exercise.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #12  
Almost there!

S/C/G: 205/148/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Hopeful!

I am HOPING that I can finally reach my goal by Labor Day! Somewhere between 130 and 135. I will know it when I get there (I hope). I am currently at 148 but the scale hasn't budged in 2 weeks!
Chappiema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: S 214/ C 204 / G 140

Today was ok. I don't feel great which I think is pretty normal for the 4th day of Atkins induction. I am doing ok with very low carbs today though. We will see what the scales says tomorrow morning.

I need to get to the gym and start exercising. I think that I will start with swimming. I signed up with swimplan and really need to practice to improve my skill level. Might as well get on the treadmill while I am there!

I really hope to make it through the first two weeks and then stick to the low carb fruits and veggies. I would probably be fine if I was able to just cut out white sugar / white flour....

Hope everyone else is doing well!
RandZsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:50 AM   #14  
Recovering Pantry Pest

Marching onward! A mere 3 days of discipline were rewarded - this is at least a 5 year low for me. I think my bod WANTS to be thinner and I've spent years stopping it from being that way.

Chappie - 13# or more in just over a month is ... a serious challenge! You have lost SO much already - approaching maintenance ... how are you doing it?

Rand - that 1st week is the only part about Atkins that I didn't like. I've tried it a few times and always "slug out" days 4-7. I'm a swimmer too ... but I'm going to take August off and just get my exercise doing heavy labor around the yard (there's an infinite amount). I plan to get back into training for the 2010 Master's season, starting September.

Ash - I hear ya on the plateaus. But as several threads in the Support forum noted, it's pretty rare to be on a true plateau when you're fully on plan. We're doing the same thing - calorie counting and logging. I don't restrict carbs, but I watch the glycemic loads of meals and snacks pretty carefully.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:25 AM   #15  
my beautiful mess

Good morning!

Congratulations ICU. 5 year low.

And you are right - Mine is not a true plateau. Since I have only been at 191 since Tues!!!! LOL Just impatient for the scale to settle lower. Need to not be obsessed by the scale.

RandZsMom: Induction is hard, I think. But the adjustment to healthier carbs is sure worth it. I had cake for the 1st time in 18 days last night (a regular issue for me) and I did not feel so great after. But I am back to abstaining from those kinds of carbs, today. It gives me great pleasure to walk through the bakery and not be interested at all. It took me a 1-2 weeks to get to that. So hang in there.

Chappiema: You have lost a bunch so far!!! Congrats. How are you doing it?

Wishing you all surprise successes today!
Ash